Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbox

I am thinking about ordering the Scrapbox. Does anyone have one and how do you like it? Should I order now or wait till Black Friday? I have a lot of scrapbooking supplies and wondering if it would hold everything. Is the piece very bulky looking? As you can tell I am a little nervous about ordering it because of the price and not sure if it will be a worthwhile investment. Thank you for any comments you make.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I have it and I LOVE it. They do have great promos - I got a heck of a deal during one of their sales so you might want to sign up for their newsletter. It's amazing how much you can fit in there.

I moved your thread to our Mission Organization forum where some other Scrapbox owners will chime in, I'm sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Default Thank you.

Thank you for replying to my request on the forum. I lost my husband 4 months ago and I need to do something with all of the pictures. I have all of these scrapbooking materials but nowhere to store them to get easy access to. I came across this item and I am thinking it my be the solution to my storing problems. Also I am hoping it will help motivate me. I am not sure if I have the patience to wait so long. Thank you again for your opinions on the ScrapBox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I have the desk, scrapbox, and workbox. No lack of storage or desk space here. I did purchase a 18"x5ft table, where I keep my paper acrylic stacking bins. It's amazing how much storage I have at my fingertips in a relative small space. I love mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for your response. I am thinking about the WorkBox and the MiniBox. One for scrapbooking materials and the other for paints (I have always wanted to learn to paint landscapes). Will this hold the Cricut cartridges easily? Sorry that I posted the original under the wrong category. I am new here but am finding this site interesting. It has help to keep my mind occupy on the ideas that I have seen so far. Thank you again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissmyloveView Post
Thank you for your response. I am thinking about the WorkBox and the MiniBox. One for scrapbooking materials and the other for paints (I have always wanted to learn to paint landscapes). Will this hold the Cricut cartridges easily? Sorry that I posted the original under the wrong category. I am new here but am finding this site interesting. It has help to keep my mind occupy on the ideas that I have seen so far. Thank you again.
I have the desk, mini, and workbox. I get the names confused sometimes. The shelves are adjustable, so you can accommodate any supplies you may have. The shelves are a little over 12" wide and 12" deep. You can adjust the height to your specifications. You shouldn't have a problem fitting your circuit cartridges. The shelves themselves can be a pain until you get used to them. When pulling a bin out I was grabbing the shelf too. I'd then had to put the shelf back in, frustrating! This is no longer an issue, since I'm accustomed to pulling out the bins correctly. I checked out ikea and other options, but they weren't as versatile. Plus, they weren't as efficient or spacious for a small craft area. It's amazing how much they hold and how easy it is to find things. Oh, I keep my acrylic stacking paper bins under the 18"x5ft table, I don't think I made that clear. I hope this answers your questions and helps you.

Last edited by Annecards; 09-25-2014 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered a Workbox first of this month, and its shipping next week!! I am trying to decide if I will leave the table off and just use my own, as I like idea of getting to space under table more easily.

I get a free Craft Armoire and Ribbon box with mine :-)

Love to see pics of everyone elses Workboxes!! I am planning on adding under cabinet lighting, possibly some rope lighting, pink to shelves and interier etc. Oh and I plan to velcro my Cricut carts to doors. And possibly add magnet strips to outer door for my wafer dies, but am concerned if magnets will bother family with pace makers?

I cant wait for it to arrive!!

Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 09-26-2014 at 07:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Please let me know after you have it assemble if it is bulky looking. Did you know you were getting the free items before you ordered?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Please let me know after you have it assemble if it is bulky looking. Did you know you were getting the free items before you ordered?
I put my desk together and it was easy. My mini box and workbox came in, hard to remember, I think 9 boxes. I took one look and called a handyman. I paid 85.00 and well worth it! It would have taken me a week or more to do it with my work hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I had planned on buying months ago when they had the craft armoire free with workbox, and they gave me same deal recent, because I had asked them at the time. I believe ribbon box was thrown in because I asked to have it added to my order and since I was waiting so long for shipping since I ordered.

Workbox is gonna be big when closed up, as its very deep and when open its very wide. Mine is going in a small 9x10' craft/guest room so I can close it up and move it anywhere in room when I have guests :-) Pic shows dimensions.
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-screenshot_2014-09-26-13-59-25.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for all of the information. I ordered the ScrapBox and two of the storage towers. The sales clerk was very nice and I also got the free items. She told me I should have it within 14 days and I am getting somewhat excited but yet apprehensive about getting the items. I believe it will be what I needed. Thank you again for replying to my request.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thank you for all of the information. I ordered the ScrapBox and two of the storage towers. The sales clerk was very nice and I also got the free items. She told me I should have it within 14 days and I am getting somewhat excited but yet apprehensive about getting the items. I believe it will be what I needed. Thank you again for replying to my request.
Congrats!! Which workbox did you order? Mine is Knotty Alder. I guess my free items were not special to me or my LONG wait :( but its good for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

I ordered the Knotty Alder also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck. I had one and had to sell it for reasons unrelated to the scrapbox itself. loved it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Mine shipped yesterday!! And tracking shows it arriving Monday :-) I have family coming soon and need to get it put together since it will be in craft/guest room. I ordered the new whiteboard magnetic pieces that go on outer panrls, cant wait to add my dies to it. So much nicer than adding magnetic tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

I haven't receive notice yet from Fed Ex. I am thinking about ordering the magnetic boards. I have to put my in the diningroom for we do not have an extra room. I just hope it will look alright. The dining room is the biggest room in the house. I am getting excited about getting this piece of furniture for I can get back to scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2014, 06:33 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Progress since Tuesday. Had to redrill three areas so far, one door has some really bad knots/cracks and bad edge, but am using it.plus two nuts dont work. But its getting assembled. I am hoping to have assembled late tonight except the shelves/totes. The magnetic whiteboards arrived half order and creased/bent. Waiting for replacements and other half of order.
I thought back side would be same wood thickness as sides, but its a very thin board with track that holds together in middle. But am liking the look of it over-all, but I would never want to assemble one again.

I am excited to get shelves and totes added tomorrow so I get started organizing this weekend :-)

Progress pics below....
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-20141008_085209.jpg   Scrapbox-20141008_140010.jpg   Scrapbox-20141009_085758.jpg  

Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 10-09-2014 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftEcowgirlView Post
Progress since Tuesday. Had to redrill three areas so far, one door has some really bad knots/cracks and bad edge, but am using it.plus two nuts dont work. But its getting assembled. I am hoping to have assembled late tonight except the shelves/totes. The magnetic whiteboards arrived half order and creased/bent. Waiting for replacements and other half of order.
I thought back side would be same wood thickness as sides, but its a very thin board with track that holds together in middle. But am liking the look of it over-all, but I would never want to assemble one again.

I am excited to get shelves and totes added tomorrow so I get started organizing this weekend :-)

Progress pics below....
Their customer support is outstanding. Please call them to get any defective part replaced. I had no issues with any of the units I ordered, but I had a carpenter put mine together. That is all but my desk I assembled myself. I think they delivered over 9 boxes between the mini and workbox, not counting the desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
Their customer support is outstanding. Please call them to get any defective part replaced. I had no issues with any of the units I ordered, but I had a carpenter put mine together. That is all but my desk I assembled myself. I think they delivered over 9 boxes between the mini and workbox, not counting the desk.
I waited over a month to receive the workbox and have family arriving soon, so dont have time to wait for replacements, so am using what I was sent. Though I am waiting for the magnetic whiteboards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Default Was debating on this myself

I'm trying to decide whether to order the workbox and desk myself. Just wondering if the ones that have the desk actually work on it since it has the plexiglass on top? I'd want to. Wish I could see one in person but I've watched their videos a hundred times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, finished! Putting in tabs, shelves and totes today. It fits my wall perfectly :-)

Not sure why all pics are sideways, this website seems to be rotating them
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-20141009_212903.jpg   Scrapbox-20141009_212801.jpg   Scrapbox-20141009_212809.jpg   Scrapbox-20141009_212813.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Are you having problems with putting the shelves in? I am having difficulty with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Are you having problems with putting the shelves in? I am having difficulty with them.
Do you mean the individual thin shelves that totes sit on? I have just started adding the pegs and wood pieces. I sit one side in pegs and then press down on other side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #24  
Glitter Queen

The plastic pegs. They keep rotating on me or pop out. Trying to hold the pegs in one place and then trying to pop the shelves on them. Very frustrating. Ready to hot glue the pegs in place and then pop the shelves in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

The plastic pegs. They keep rotating on me or pop out. Trying to hold the pegs in one place and then trying to pop the shelves on them. Very frustrating. Ready to hot glue the pegs in place and then pop the shelves in.
Yep as I put more in same thing happening to me, seems not enough width :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok found something that helped, I have a metal thin ruler that I place in seam on one side and pry wood over then hit shelf down into pegs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Ok found something that helped, I have a metal thin ruler that I place in seam on one side and pry wood over then hit shelf down into pegs.
Also make sure wood edge is inside the top back plastic piece. I sometimes have to hold one peg, usually a back one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to try the ruler. I finally quit for awhile since I was getting nowhere. I am going to try again. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to try the ruler. I finally quit for awhile since I was getting nowhere. I am going to try again. Thank you
No prob :-) thats what were here for to help each other. I have 3/4 in. And am now taking a break too! It definately helps to place one side in, then take one arm under board and one arm above and feel the plastic and push wood so it catches inside the top and then when both on one side are resting just inside the top of pin, hit downward. I had to use a hammer on the top skinny one....it was so tight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

No prob :-) thats what were here for to help each other. I have 3/4 in. And am now taking a break too! It definately helps to place one side in, then take one arm under board and one arm above and feel the plastic and push wood so it catches inside the top and then when both on one side are resting just inside the top of pin, hit downward. I had to use a hammer on the top skinny one....it was so tight.
Isn't women power the best? You go girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Shelves in....
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-20141010_145404.jpg   Scrapbox-20141010_145408.jpg   Scrapbox-20141010_145412.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Finally Finished!! It really seems like a dream that its actually here :-) feel like I am gonna wake up

I plan to tweak the shelving and placement of totes some. Wanna try coloring one tote front pink and experiment with some pink washi/duck tape too.
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-20141010_152931.jpg   Scrapbox-20141010_153256.jpg   Scrapbox-20141010_153309.jpg  

Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 10-10-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Finally Finished!! It really seems like a dream that its actually here :-) feel like I am gonna wake up

I plan to tweak the shelving and placement of totes some. Wanna try coloring one tote front pink and experiment with some pink washi/duck tape too.
Love the ability to adjust the shelves. I've stored specific technique supplies in specific drawers and my own storage containers. I've an embossing, airbrush, and watercolor containers to name a few. I can just grab what's needed or bring it to my work area. The best thing is cleanup, it's a breeze! I'm so happy you were both able to finally get yours. Can't wait to see them all set up.

Last edited by Annecards; 10-10-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 AM   #34  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

YAY!!! Congrats. Crafting is NOT fun when you can't find anything (ask me how I know LOL).

You have me considering getting one of these...

HAVE MUCHO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Making mine pink ! Also added my stickles and cricut carts. Also added half my magnetic whiteboards which work perfect for the wafer dies!!
Attached Thumbnails
Scrapbox-20141012_105229.jpg   Scrapbox-20141012_104427.jpg   Scrapbox-20141012_094044.jpg   Scrapbox-20141012_125117.jpg   Scrapbox-20141012_123030.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #36  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Making mine pink ! Also added my stickles and cricut carts. Also added half my magnetic whiteboards which work perfect for the wafer dies!!
Storage GALORE - woohoo !!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm late to the conversation but I have a Scrapbox and absolutely love it! I actually won mine in the HYCCT a couple of years ago. It has been a Godsend - I can actually find my stuff and I am so grateful for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

You enabler you! I just had to order the magnetic whiteboards, and just swore not even a day ago not to buy anything else‼️
Reply With Quote Likes