Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbox???

Does anyone have "the original scrapbox"? My husband found it on line and is suggesting it to me for all of my crafting supplies. I just think it is alot of money until I hear from real crafters that it works well. Awaiting your comments and suggestions. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I've been thinking of getting one for a long time. Reviews that I read say it's wonderful but the table is a little small. If my husband suggested it I would get it. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry McView Post
I've been thinking of getting one for a long time. Reviews that I read say it's wonderful but the table is a little small. If my husband suggested it I would get it. LOL
Thanks for the input Sherry-I am just wondering who is the person in my husband's body saying to order it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I am just wondering who is the person in my husband's body saying to order it.

LOL

Understand that feeling....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think he would just be happy to get the dining room table back-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #6  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ha ha In my house it would all spread back onto the table anyway! Sorry I don't have it. I think it looks like a lot of money and not enough practical storage for me.
didn't someone win one here last year? maybe you could find the winners name and see if it has served her purposes. Also search on SCS for scrapbox I am sure there are a lot of threads about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I also read it took quite some time to put together. Doesn't matter, I'd still love to have one! I have a scrap room but somehow the grandkids have taken most of it over. Not complaining. But I would love to have the scrapbox so I could have it all more organized. You're lucky your hubby is wanting you to get one. I think you can get free shipping too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Some stores actually carry the ScrapBox. I love the look of it but am planning on taking a trip to a store that has one. Only problem is that store is about 3 hours away so I gotta find the time to take a day-trip over but I have been wanting to go to it anyways cuz its a big scrapbooking store! Check around and see if you can find a store that carries it and go check one out in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

None close to me so I can only see it online. Would like to see it in person though. Let us know what you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know none of the stores around here carries it either. There is a store that said they carried something similar-will check that out first and keep all of you informed. Thanks for all the input. Have a great night
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

www.theoriginalscrapbox.com
there is a short video, kepps everything neat and tidy.
I love mine but a bit of advice, label the drawer thingy's otherwise you neatly store things and then forget which drawer its in...that or I just have way too much stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappychicaView Post
I love mine but a bit of advice, label the drawer thingy's otherwise you neatly store things and then forget which drawer its in...that or I just have way too much stuff
I have watched the video several times, and just drool. So you do like yours?? I just wonder if all of my stuff will fit-DH really doesn't have a clue as to how much stuff I have. Thanks for the input
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I just ordered the paper tower. We saw several of the others (scrapbox, workbox, etc...) last year in Arlington, TX at the scrapbook convention. My husband was with me and really liked it too. But I have been waiting for the Paper tower... (which I am told should ship out to me in a couple of weeks). Mainly because that is my big need. Paper storage right now.

I will take some pics of it when I get it and post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

I'll have to google the paper tower. Haven't seen it yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a couple of the 12 x 12 paper racks on wheels-I got them at Joann's with a coupn-they work great for me. Will be checking out the paper tower though also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #16  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

the only problem t-with the paper tower is the drawers are just 12x12 so it would be awkward to put 12x12 paper in them. Or would you just use the shelves?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
the only problem t-with the paper tower is the drawers are just 12x12 so it would be awkward to put 12x12 paper in them. Or would you just use the shelves?
I am assuming the totes are the same size as the workbox and scrapbox which means that they are really 12.25 x 12.25... So the paper should fit fine. Maybe I shouldn't assume, but I can't imagine them wanting to re-design the canvas totes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #18  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

that would work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

I have had mine now for about four months and I LOVE it. The table is a little on the small side, but I don't work on any large projects so for me it's perfect, plus it also forces me to clean up a little before starting anything new. An added benefit of having the scrapbox that I hadn't realized before is that I now spend a lot less on supplies. I had a lot of things that I had forgotten about, or couldn't find. Now that isn't an issue at all!

If you have a large ribbon collection you really should invest in the ribbon storage box. I didn't do that, but I do plan on getting one once I dwindle my supply a little. Right now I have three of the large boxes on the left hand side holding my ribbon. That's a little much really. lol

I'll agree with labeling the boxes right from the start. I actually took that a step further for myself. I color coded. So paper labels are blue, embellishments are yellow, sewing supplies are red, etc, etc. I utilize all the different sizes based on what I have on hand, so having them color coded really helps me pick what I want at a glance.

I couldn't believe how much stuff I was putting in there when I started to stuff it full. I actually still have some empty bins that don't have anything in them right now. And one of the bottom left bigger bins is reserved for my cat to nap in while I'm crafting. lol

Seriously, if you get the opportunity to buy this I would recommend it. Assembly of the unit itself, while time consuming, really wasn't that difficult. I spent a day assembling the unit (this was off and on) and then about half a day putting in the shelf clips and zipping the bins together and putting in the bottom bits. After all that hard work was done I had a great time filling it all back up. I used post its to label at first and then changed to what I would want them to have permanently after I was done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
I have had mine now for about four months and I LOVE it. The table is a little on the small side, but I don't work on any large projects so for me it's perfect, plus it also forces me to clean up a little before starting anything new. An added benefit of having the scrapbox that I hadn't realized before is that I now spend a lot less on supplies. I had a lot of things that I had forgotten about, or couldn't find. Now that isn't an issue at all!

If you have a large ribbon collection you really should invest in the ribbon storage box. I didn't do that, but I do plan on getting one once I dwindle my supply a little. Right now I have three of the large boxes on the left hand side holding my ribbon. That's a little much really. lol

I'll agree with labeling the boxes right from the start. I actually took that a step further for myself. I color coded. So paper labels are blue, embellishments are yellow, sewing supplies are red, etc, etc. I utilize all the different sizes based on what I have on hand, so having them color coded really helps me pick what I want at a glance.

I couldn't believe how much stuff I was putting in there when I started to stuff it full. I actually still have some empty bins that don't have anything in them right now. And one of the bottom left bigger bins is reserved for my cat to nap in while I'm crafting. lol

Seriously, if you get the opportunity to buy this I would recommend it. Assembly of the unit itself, while time consuming, really wasn't that difficult. I spent a day assembling the unit (this was off and on) and then about half a day putting in the shelf clips and zipping the bins together and putting in the bottom bits. After all that hard work was done I had a great time filling it all back up. I used post its to label at first and then changed to what I would want them to have permanently after I was done.
OK you have convinced me. Time to tell the DH to place the order and get organized. I am sure that I will find many things like you that I did not know I had or where they were. I also noticed a card swap that was just listed that you can only use things that you say "why did I buy that" it looks like the next swap for me. Thanks for all your input and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

This is so neat in real life! I saw it at a show..... but I must have embarasses myself with the salesperson as I was drooling and breathing hard! I only stayed a short time but I would have stayed longer if I could. A person could really stick a lot of stuff into a set space!

I didn't notice if it had wheels on the bottom of the corners or on the two main doors. ..... could you move it around if it was full? I have to ask the ladies who own one. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

It does have wheels and can be moved when full, but it gets pretty heavy! I have mine on a carpeted area and it still moves fine, but I bet it would be a lot easier on a smoother surface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

DH told me as soon as I get the spare bedroom cleaned out-he is going to place the order-better get my butt in there and get it done. Thanks for all the input
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

I am waiting on my Paper Tower. It shipped late last week... and I have been cyberstalking the delivery truck. It has about 3 more hours of travel before it is in my neck of the woods. They estimate delivery tomorrow. I hope!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

The person with extensive info is LaLatty here on SCS. She won the contest last year...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

Paper Tower arrived on Thursday. YAY. It came in the biggest dang crate ever. Before I opened it I thought for sure they sent the wrong thing. They didn't, but they could have fit three of them in there.

It was already assembled. The only thing not in was the shelves. Which since there are 16 of each, took me quite a while to get in.

The fabric drawers are great. I knew I had a lot of paper, but it was really spread out. I thought - I might fill 1/3 to 1/2 of it. Well... I do have quite a bit of room in maybe 1/2 the drawers I filled, but I only have two empty big ones. :o Of the little ones, I have used about 1/2. I put all my hot fix crystals in one, flowers in three others, metal embellies / eyelets, etc... in one. Sticker gems in one. And that is about it.

I have now filed most everything away and will take pics over the next few days.

Note - no wheels.
Note - the drawers are big enough for 12 x 12 paper to fit in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.. Is it real sturdy? I have the mini-scrapbox and LOVE it and thinking I need additional storage for scrapbook paper and this might work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
Paper Tower arrived on Thursday. YAY. It came in the biggest dang crate ever. Before I opened it I thought for sure they sent the wrong thing. They didn't, but they could have fit three of them in there.

It was already assembled. The only thing not in was the shelves. Which since there are 16 of each, took me quite a while to get in.

The fabric drawers are great. I knew I had a lot of paper, but it was really spread out. I thought - I might fill 1/3 to 1/2 of it. Well... I do have quite a bit of room in maybe 1/2 the drawers I filled, but I only have two empty big ones. :o Of the little ones, I have used about 1/2. I put all my hot fix crystals in one, flowers in three others, metal embellies / eyelets, etc... in one. Sticker gems in one. And that is about it.

I have now filed most everything away and will take pics over the next few days.

Note - no wheels.
Note - the drawers are big enough for 12 x 12 paper to fit in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Do all of the 3x12x3 drawers come with dividers? Do any of the other drawers have dividers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

The 3 x 3 x 12 drawers I got have insertable dividers. I have a TON left over. Not sure what I am going to do with all of them. The other drawers did not have any. This was for the paper tower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Thanks Alaine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

My sister owns a scrapbook store in NJ, she's a Scrapbox distributor. She has one on display in her store and it is AWESOME! Holds SO much stuff! I am trying to convince my husband that I NEED one because I really DO!!! LOL!
If you have specific questions, you can call her, she loves to chat about her Scrapbox!!!
PM me if you would like her contact info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

I don't have one, but every now and then I go to the website and drool! Maybe someday, I'll be that organized! I hope you like it as much as I *think* I would
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappychicaView Post
Oh scrappychica!! There is NO way you have too much stuff lol. Just not enough labels or something along those lines.

Great thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #34  
Glitter Queen

I want one of these so badly!! After the first of the year the box will be mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #35  
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Giveaway!!

For those who missed it... There is a giveaway on SCS right now! Check it out HERE.

I have had my Work Box for about a month now, and love it!! Pricey, yes. Hard to put together, no. Time consuming to put together, a bit. Get a loved one or friend to help with some of the assembly... it is sooooooo worth it!
Reply With Quote Likes