Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rolling Tote????

I am looking to buy a rolling tote to use to take to crops. Now keep in mind I mainly will be bringing my iris containers full of scrapbook pages that need pictures. I have 3 iris containers full of pages without pics so I don't plan on making any just adding pictures. But I want to bring all 3 (possibly 4) of my iris containers along with my box of pictures, some punches, cutter, etc. I won't need all the tools and supplies need to make the pages. I found this one at Joanns and before I invest I thought I would check to see what all you wonderful ladies thought about it....

http://www.joanns.com/joann/catalog/...zprd_02347797a

Thanks for your help

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

bump

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Not sure about the one you posted, looks nice, would have to see the interior, to see if all would 'fit'. I know this one is more expensive, but, is roomy enough, for all your Iris containers: http://creativememories.com/MainMenu...y-Wheeled-Cart If interested, you could look online to see if you have a consultant in your area, so you hopefully can SEE the tote. I have the older style of CM rolling tote available several years back, and it is big enough for 4 of those, plus room on the sides for smaller items. Know that this one is about the same size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have Creative Memories tote also. Love it!!! It's really roomie and it has pockets on the sides, which are great for small cutter and other stuff!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

Here is something to keep in mind, ( i didnt click the link at work) but, the first rolling tote i ever bought was an crop in style XXL... ( this is a bottomless pit of a black hole bag, but very well constructed... had ballbearing wheels umong other things)
BUT, if you pack this bag to the brim... (can you lift it into your vehicle?)
(will you have to take it up and down stairs?)

so i ended up selling that and getting an (forgot its name thats how often i dont use it) anymore i take a shoulder bag with what i want to play with, because if i go out to play i will mostly gab... (i create at home) and unless your running away from home for a weekend or overnighter chances are you wont use most the things you take anyways...

hth.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
Here is something to keep in mind, ( i didnt click the link at work) but, the first rolling tote i ever bought was an crop in style XXL... ( this is a bottomless pit of a black hole bag, but very well constructed... had ballbearing wheels umong other things)
BUT, if you pack this bag to the brim... (can you lift it into your vehicle?)
(will you have to take it up and down stairs?)

hth.
I have this one too. I like having ALL my scrapbooking stuff in one place (of course, my stamping stuff is multiple other containers). But Stacy makes a great point of it being incredibly heavy. I have had trouble lugging it up and down icy stairs. So consider the trade off of having LOTS of stuff in one big heavy tote or several lighter totes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Wow, that bag from Joann's really cool. I think I want to check that one out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

What I like about it is that the top and bottom detaches so if it is too heavy you can lift them separately or if you don't need as much to bring you can bring just the bottom. AND its on sale

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Hey Kelly-

I investigated Artbin too, because I have half a dozen of their satchels. I checked online reviews of the tote you are looking at, and it wasn't getting raves because of the construction. The new grey one may have been redone to account for design flaws.

I bought a MIMI extra large tote this fall and LOVE IT! it holds three of my super satchels from artbin, and pretty much eliminated the need for a table top tool tote. I waited until christmas and ordered the Impressions urban stamp tote as well which sits on top of the tool tote for travel and can fit a good variety of punches in the bottom tier, and stamp spots, and MANY unmounted stamp sets and blocks which was important to me because I scrap with my stamp sets. My stamping and scrapping buddies agree with me that this is a pretty slick set up. Pricey, but I've been through a bunch of totes and knew what I wanted.

I have a humongo CM tote that is what I put really heavy stuff in to go to weekends away, but I usually unpack it once i get there. I also have a generations tote that is perfect for my vertical files of cardstock and paper (in case I forget anything in my MIMI!)

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I use the CM consultant tote (large enough to stuff the body of a hubby that complains too much about your CM & Hobby Lobby spending, hehehe) to store extra paper. I have the XXL Crop-n-style rolling tote (which is thus far, my fav) that I use for monthly crops, fits lots of stuff needed for these nights away...I have the CM rolling tote that is a bit bigger than the one she gave you the link to, but not as huge as the consultant tote which I use to store book binding stuff, yourstory machine, bind-it-all, etcI also have numerous 'project' totes...I think a few are currently holding all of my Yorkies' outgrown clothing, lol. I honestly need storage options for my storage options!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow - the online one at Joann's looks awesome. I was at a weekend crop last week and saw the new CM rolling tote and thought that was awesome as well. I have the XXL tote and really like it. But as others have said it can get really heavy at times. I was thinking of getting the CM tote just to store and hall my paper. But I guess now, I'll have to look into that Artbin one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about something like this one from Plano Molding.

http://www.target.com/Plano-Molding-.../dp/B0009XCEUM

I have a few friends who use these and they hold a lot of stuff!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I have one of the plano totes. It only holds 2 of the iris containers. I liked for when I was taking my card supplies to crops but now that I need space for 3-4 iris containers I need more room. I went ahead and purchased the Artbin at Joann's on sale plus free shipping. So I shall wait and see how it works. I didn't want to spend the $$ on the CM tote otherwise I might have done that option. I will let you know more when I get it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
How about something like this one from Plano Molding.

http://www.target.com/Plano-Molding-.../dp/B0009XCEUM

I have a few friends who use these and they hold a lot of stuff!
I have one of these and I really like it. I have all my small cropping stuff in it and I work out if it. I still need a big one though for the bigger boxes of stuff that I like to drag along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Ok I got my rolling tote and I have a good/bad feeling about it. The main reason I was buying it is to carry my 12 x 12 iris containers (3 or 4 of them). I had looked at the measurments and and made sure they would fit. With the measurements they had on site the should fit with room to spare. Well the bottom compartment was 2 1/2" short so NO my iris containers did not fit in the bottom. BUT three fit in the top compartment and I could put my tool tote in the bottom. My only concern is that it would be top heavy and possibly cause the bottom to cave in. I am going to check with my handy man to see if he could reinforce the bottom in any way. I really like the rolling tote but would like it if the iris containers would fit in the bottom. Just the common sense in me. Now it does come apart so I can take it apart when I put it in my car, which I would do anyway due to the heaviness of both compartments. But I was really looking to be able to store the iris containers in the tote when I was not using it and I don't feel I can do that with them being on top and my tool tote would not be in the bottom. I am still debating on what to do.....

Reply With Quote Likes