Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Put images on those unmounted stamps

I am fairly new to the whole stamping experience, but I do know that I like saving space and keeping "like" things together. So, I tackled my wood-mounted stamps, to make them into stamps I could store in DVD cases (without hubs, I get from Amazon) with my clings.

In researching ways to do this, I found that the EZ Mount system works well, but is kind of expensive. Many times I was able to remove the rubber stamp, with the foam intact, from the wood. I thought it would be a waste to remove the foam, only to put the EZ foam on. And still, I wouldn't have the images on the stamp itself. I was able to solve this with the EZ foam, by using StazOn to stamp on the EZ foam, before remounting the stamp; however, I still wanted to be able to pare the EZ expense by reusing the rubber stamp with the foam intact.

I finally found a solution that works (for me.) I found some Cricut Cling vinyl (at Joann.com), in white. I can use StazOn to stamp the image onto the cling side of the vinyl, cut it out, and then put it directly onto the foam backing that WAS stuck to the wood. Often the foam still had plenty of adhesive stickiness and I didn't have to add any more glue. Other times, I just added some Zig 2-way glue, and it holds just fine. This also works for those unmounted rubber stamps I have bought online, that had cling foam, but didn't have images on them.

The, now-imaged, white cling side of the Cricut Cling vinyl sticks well to the acrylic stamp blocks. One 12"x24" roll goes a very long way. Yay!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 03:13 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Great tip! Thanks for sharing. I'm dreading but looking ahead to a big purge and reorganize soon, so I'm tucking this idea away.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 02:55 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Smart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I've gone unmounted years ago and I am needing to do this again, my shelves are buckling! It saves so much space!! I still have alphabet sets and BG stamps that for some reason I can't bring myself to do. I found out looking at all different ways people have posted I've seen done and taking bits and peices from each made me decide on what I wanted to do. They are now each categorized and sorted by theme in the Michael's photo boxes (that are on sale now 7 for 10$). But here is a link to my post I made on how I did it Cards Made By Hand: I've gone UM... in case you might like a peek. OH and I do recommend a hot knife too!!!

Last edited by Joeknee; 04-15-2015 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I do this too ... I found a package of cling vinyl at Michael's or Joann's. Don't remember the exact name, but the package said "excellent for window clings". I think there are 6 sheets ... four colored and two clear. Using a coupon it was around 5 or 6 bucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I actually cut the lids of the SU cases off and used the lids to store them. I put the index labels from the stamps on the lid, because the stamps came off the boxes they came in so they fit perfectly. To remove the index labels and the stamps from the wood I put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds but be careful because they are hot! Slowly peel the label off and the put it where you'd like. I've not had too many not stick and I did about 300 sets. Remount them on the EZ Mount thin foam and you're all ready to go😊
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the Cricut cling vinyl tip to put images on unmounted stamps. Gonna try it!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I would think that the clear vinyl for table protectors would work as well. It's a lot cheaper too. (I saw someone use this on their clear blocks for those cling stamps that don't stick well to blocks.)

Clear Vinyl- 12 Gauge at Joann.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymoilanenView Post
I would think that the clear vinyl for table protectors would work as well. It's a lot cheaper too. (I saw someone use this on their clear blocks for those cling stamps that don't stick well to blocks.)

Clear Vinyl- 12 Gauge at Joann.com
I would recommend testing a small amount first to make sure that it does what you want it to. I've tried several and not been happy with any of them...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 509 Likes on 229 Posts

I tried some with Grafix cling vinyl...that was supposed to be so good and clingy...well, they don't stick to ANYTHING! Thankfully I only have a few that haven't been changed over to my faithful EZ Mount.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Indexing for bare rubber or EZ Mount: I did this with bare rubber as well as with a stamp that had been mounted on EZ mount (stamp came that way).

First I took the image and placed it on a piece of clear vinyl (paper side up) and drew around the image.
I then cut out the vinyl in the shape of the stamp.
Then I stamped off the image onto white tissue paper using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
I roughly cut the image out.
I then took Mono Multi glue and lightly coated the bare rubber/EZ mount and glued the tissue image onto the top of it.
I then separated the vinyl from the paper it comes on and placed the clear vinyl on top of the tissue paper stamped image that still was damp from the glue.
This then gives you an index of the stamped image as well as puts vinyl cling onto the stamp. The vinyl will cling to the MISTI or acrylic block.

I just used my fingers to spread the glue. The tissue paper is just the white tissue paper that you buy for wrapping gifts. Some stamp companies wrap their packages in tissue paper that you could use for this process. You will need clear cling vinyl in order to be able to see the stamped image through it. Clear cling vinyl can be purchased in craft stores or online. Marsha
Reply With Quote Likes