Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
great start arlene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, my stamping pal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're worried you might "miss" something, then maybe you just need to purge in "stages". Box up everything you THINK you might be willing to get rid of and store the boxes (assuming you have a closet or even just a corner you could stack them in).

Then give yourself a deadline. Anything that is still in the boxes in 3 months (or whatever is reasonable for you), goes away - without going back through them.

If you find yourself crafting before that deadline and think of something that is in a box, but find that you aren't really willing to go dig it back out, then you probably won't miss it when it's gone. But if you DO go dig it out, then it shouldn't go back in.

You'll be surprised how little you actually dig back through the boxes for.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #43  
Inking Addict

I did a large purge here recently. It was a bit easier for me because a good portion of what I got rid of was actually stuff that my mother sent me of what she was getting rid of. The vast majority of the paper/stickers/stamps that I got rid of were things that I was just never going to end up using, or if I was going to use them, it would be 5-10 years down the road. All the stamps I got rid of were ones that I just don't use. I think it's a good idea to purge every once in awhile, especially if one is prone to buying all manner of things that are on sale like stickers that are cute, but never end up getting used. I'm somewhat glad we don't have a Tuesday Morning in town anymore for that reason. They always have such cute things and on sale too, but I never end up using them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

I have been slowly going through my stash and choosing things to give to a co-worker's daughter (who loves crafts). I'm glad that she can get use out of the stamps and things that I don't use anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I purge regularly and usually have no trouble or regrets. I seldom buy things on impulse, so have few "mistakes" to get rid of. The hardest thing for me is to purge stamps, but limited room requires it if I am to get more up-to-date images. SCS helps if I find lots of ways to use stamps I have. If not, it is easier to pass them along to someone else. I'm in the process now going through my flower drawers. Like to keep stamps in boxes as they stack 2 deep in my drawers and it makes it easier to get to the bottom ones and take a bunch to my work table if they are in boxes. Like the clam shell for their stiffness and lids, but there is some wasted space due to the dimensions of my drawers. Purge away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #46  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purging always feels good to me. I have sold LOTS of stamp sets on eBay over the years - mostly the retired ones because I didn't use them as a demo. I have a rule that I keep ALL Asian sets, even if I have never used them. That's my guilty pleasure and someday, I WILL use them! LOL.

I also keep my more "rare" retired sets - Wolf, Magical & Mystical, Fishin' etc. Ones I know I will have to pay a fortune for if I ever decide I need them again. Many of these are my more "manly" sets, so I actually do use them pretty often still.

This year has been a bit harder to get excited about purging because I am starting to sell cards on etsy and I feel like I don't really have to have "current" stuff for that, so I have a feeling I am going to be crunched for room when I start ordering new stuff. LOL. May have to just bite the bullet and put some stuff on eBay just for the room... and of course, the cash to buy new stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I also say PURGE! I always feel apprehensive at first, too... but once you start, it's liberating! You will have more room and will be better able to organize what you do love and use. There's nothing you can get rid of that you wouldn't be able to replace if you found out down the road you regret getting rid of something in particular. Even if you can't replace the exact item (a particular stamp, for example), you will find something similar. But by and large, there's always something newer, prettier, better all the time!
Reply With Quote Likes