Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Should my son and I be together again?
Yes, he is adorable 3 100.00%
No, he does not like you anyway 0 0%
No, he will be safe if he just keeps those safety glasses on 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Protect My Reed!

I have a husband who has done wonders with my space but we never took into consideration our 1 year old, Reed.

To say he loves his Mom is an understatement and this is how I treat my poor boy.

It is called..."The Reed Barrier".

He stands at it and watches me work, just wanting to come over and be with me.

When I am not working, he will throw his toys over the Barrier and cry because he can not get to his mom.

I can just hear him thinking Tesla

"To put up a fence and keep me out, or to keep Mother Nature in
If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner"

Poor guy, but I cannot let him cross the "Reed Barrier" because he will get hurt, he will break something, he will make a mess BUT mostly he will get hurt.

I need your storage system that I will rename "The Peace Maker" because this will reunite me with my long lost son who stares at me over "The Reed Barrier" and just wants him Mom. Please don't torture my son and I any longer and let us have contact once again. He will be safe, we will both be happy and our family will be at Peace.

Thanks
Paula Meunier
pmb1121

More pictures will follow when I figure how how to get them in.
Attached Thumbnails
Please Protect My Reed!-img_2954.jpg   Please Protect My Reed!-img_3146.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

LOL! (Mom of two here) That barrier isn't going to last much longer...

Good Luck!

Dixiemill
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I understand where your are coming from, I have a 3 year old. I put a box of blocks right beside the door. He rarely passes them by without stopping to play! I don't know how long that will work but I'm not against electrical fencing....HAHA...JUST KIDDING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Enjoy the time with your little guy. My little stamping helper is a senior in HighSchool this year and turns 18 in Dec. It really goes by so fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

It is fun to let him stamp and craft too. I'm like Paula, I just worry about him getting hurt with something. I bet he could figure out a way to get hurt with a sponge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

what a cutie...when I had little ones (mine are growing at lightning speed as well) I would take advantage of naptime for my stamping time...oh how I loved naptime...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the compliments, he is a cutie (at least I think so). He is napping right now so I am taking advantage by making checkbook covers, my new favorite project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Paula,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

(1) Why I craft? That is funny because I am the least likely person I know who would craft. I was never the 'domestic' type. I grew up on a farm and was my daddy's boy he never had. I drove the tractors and was his only employee (non-paid of course) at dad's store where he sold fertilizer and seed to the local farmers. He would never let me run the forklift because he was afraid I would get hurt so there were times when I would load 2 tons of fertilizer by hand (50 pound bags at a time). I weighed about 95 pounds soaking wet :-). I went to college and got my degree in Civil Engineering, a male dominated field but it suited me. I worked for the State Department of Transportation in construction, out on the highway running jobs. Let me tell you trying to tell a guy who is about 250 pounds and older than my dad that I am not paying him until he does the job right can be a little scary but I was able to hold my own at 22 years old. Well, so the story goes, I got married...had kids and I wanted nothing more than to be at home with them. Mom takes photos, mom must scrapbook, scrapbooking led me to card making and here I am at 31 years old, 2 kids and I love being home with them. But my love for crafting came partly because I love being able to stamp and craft with my daughter and just have something to do. Being a mom is certainly something to do but all my life I have worked and created. Of course, building bridges and growing corn is a little different but I felt I needed to still create and design and this was something I could do while being home with my kids.

(2) I sell some of my things but I give away more than I sell. I told my husband several months ago that I was going to stop trying to make money on my cards. He laughed and said "I thought that's what you were doing all along". I make a lot of cards and projects for my church, donate a lot to local charities for silent auctions and make lots of invitations and things for friends. I have cards for sale at my daughter's preschool and I give the preschool the money for them as a fundraiser. I now have a facebook page for my 'business' where I have little contests and give aways but I still give away more than I sell. It is fun and it gives me something to do. My husband asks me everyday "Did you get any orders today?". I will get excited and say "Yes". He then says "Did you make any money?". I say "No" and we just laugh at each other!

(3) I don't think I have changed the world or will win a Noble Prize for any of my creations :-). I do have a friend who is 31 currently going through chemo for breast cancer. She asked me to make her some thank you cards for all the help she has been getting. She told me how much everyone enjoyed the cards and how much she appreciated the work I did on them. She said they were very special and she needed something special to let her friends, neighbors and Doctors know how much she appreciated all they did for her during this tough time. She has had 3 treatments and has 3 to go. A group of us are doing Race for the Cure for her a week from today, I am very excited and can not wait. So, even though it is not much, I like to think I gave her a little hope and happiness in the cards I made for her.

I also have to add that I would not be able to do any of this if it were not for Split Coast. Since I was not born with a crafty bone in my body, this site has given me tons of inspiration and I love it. I have asked for a Fan Club Membership for Christmas so hopefully hubby will get me one! Thanks for this great contest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

So, I guess I wrote a novel. Maybe some of you mom's out there can relate. Good luck everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes