Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overwhelmed

Well, we've moved again... To a very small rental with absolutely NO space or storage. We don't even have closets!
All of my craft supplies are still packed away, while the boxes are sitting in the middle of my bedroom. I desperately need to get things in order again - I miss scrapbooking and making cards, and I'm falling so far behind! The obvious problem is where to put it all (besides the middle of my bedroom). With very limited finances and even less space, I need some clever solutions to store my stuff. Any advice would be most appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you look on craigslist for an armoir or something similar? I used to craft in one and while it isn't as nice as having a big open space- it can definitely work. And the best part is that you can close it when it's not in use so you can put it in any room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a folding craft table that I use in our guest room. Most of the time it's open (just one leaf - I don't have enough space to put them both up). But when we have company or need more space in there, it's easy to drop the leaf/leaves down and roll it out of the way. It also has a really deep, long drawer and a shelf underneath, so it's easy to store the basics away. Maybe you have another use for it, too, so it can pull double duty. When it's open, there's a ton of space underneath for your boxes if you can leave it up.

Venture Horizon Delano Folding Craft Table - Sewing Tables at Sewing Table Shop

Aside from that and a couple of DVD towers, I store everything else in half of the closet. I can't imagine not having any closets!!

The only other idea I can think of, besides Tracy's, is underbed storage. Or think 'up!' There are always those things we don't use too often, and for me they go as high as possible to keep out of the way and I just keep a stepstool handy.

I'll be interested in hearing more ideas!! Good luck to you and I hope you find a solution to your predicament.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I don't have much room either, I craft on the dining table so I need portable storage solutions. I keep the majority of my crafting things in plastic drawer units, similar to this:

These units are not too expensive and provide a ton of room for buttons, ribbons, embellishments, inks, tools, stickers etc etc. You can roll them to your craft table, and roll them out of the way if you need the space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Great ideas, ladies! Gives me some things to think about.

Keep 'em coming (I could use all the help I can get)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Check out goodwill. If you have stamps or other items that are in DVD cases, you can find cheap storage there. Also cassette tape holders for ink pads. Or album holders for 12x12 paper. Ikea has great storage options for reasonable amounts too. You could budget to buy one storage piece per month.

Pinterest has TONS of great ideas for storage & organization, repurposing old items instead of buying new which is great for the landfills & your wallet :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Try an auction...

I like the wardrobe/storage cabinet idea and alot of them can be found for dirt cheap at auctions....I used auctionzip.com to find some in my area...I got a hoosier style cabinet for $90...its beautiful.... and the enamel work surface is great for stamping...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

I bought a computer armoir on Craigslist for $75. a few years ago. It had some shelves on each side of where the computer would sit and then on the inside of the doors. My husband cut prefinished shelves found at Lowes to fit the armoir for extra shelves and replaced the back of the armoir with peg board. I am still using it.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes