Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishImportView Post
I still miss him and his little sister more than I can express - 15 and 18 years of love, fun and companionship.
Pix of your sooooo sweet kitty I love it! 15 and 18 years is a long time to love on them and just means you are a great cat mommy!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #82  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Such awesome stories! I had my Punkin for 18 years and it was 3 years before I could bear to get another cat and I even volunteered at a cats-only, non-kill shelter! My hubby fell in love with "Bob" at a shelter set up in a pet store and I had to go see him, too. He immediately adopted me and I agreed to their application process, which included a home visit. That's when they told us that Bob had a sister and how it would be so great if they could stay together, as they were "rooming" together in the cage, etc., and were the only two of the litter left that hadn't been adopted. So I said to go ahead and bring her along with Bob at the home visit. I fell in love with "Zoe" right away and the rest is history. We've had them for almost 3 yrs now and I've never once regretted getting them. I still miss my Punkin and think of her often, but Bob and Zoe have put life back into our condo again. I'm attaching pictures of them. Bob is the black/white short hair helping me at my scrap counter. Zoe is the all black long hair. They said she looks exactly like her mom did. Needless to say, they BOTH like helping me make my cards and I often have to pick off cat hair from my adhesive before I tack down something! Too funny!

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-100_0801.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-100_0829.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

Awhh pretty kitties Maggie. The shelter I volunteer at is also no kill, we usually have around 65 cats at any given time. It's great to get some quality purrrr time with them .... well when we're not cleaning out litter boxes and feeding :rolleyes:

Checkers is the black and white guy, he is about 2ft long and weight 23lbs .... and no, he's not overly fat, just big boned! ;) He just loves having his nose kissed :rolleyes:

Dixon is black and is Polydactyl and a real softie, a big head bumper and quite talkative.

We're hoping to have them home by the end of March latest!
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-checkers-2.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-dixon-1.jpg  

Last edited by IrishImport; 01-30-2011 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: Thought I'd attach a couple of pics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #84  
Glitter Guru

Received 865 Likes on 516 Posts
Smile

Aw, Bob and Zoe are such pretty helpers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #85  
Glitter Queen

I have loved to hear all your ideas and seeing the babies at work in the room ;-) Mine generally come in say hi and then wander off. However I do have a spare wicker chair with a cushion which I bought for the cats but you know cats they never use what you bought especially for them. This is BoBo watching me craft (BoBo is a Persian I rescued).
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-octobermisc-018.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 05:16 AM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

Awhhh I bet it's warm up there, don't the fish get nervous ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Well, we currently have 3 cats, Pumpkin (the orange tabby), Max (black with tuxedo markings), and Sonya (the "My Mommie really got around" kitty, she is part tortoise shell, orange tabby, grey tabby, and tuxedo). I use the door method, but that only works when I remember to re-engage the child safety mechanism. Our house has french lever type door knobs, and Pumpkin has gotten very good at opening them. We've even replaced the doorknob on our bedroom door with a round knob because we got tired of being woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of the door knob being thrummed by Pumpkin trying to open it, but couldn't because we'd locked it. If I forget to re-engage the child safety lock on my craft/storage room, it is a guarantee that it will be open within a couple hours. It is like he has spidey-sense about when I forget to reset the child safety lock. And Max is our "pica kitty", since he loves to chew plastic. He also loves to lay on top of paper. While I was deployed to Iraq last year, my DH got a fourth cat (which is ironic since I'm the cat person and he is the dog person). Zoey was very adorable, grey with tuxedo markings, people person kitty, but she didn't like sharing a litter box with 3 other cats. So she would find a corner somewhere in the house to go pee. Needless to say, one day Pumpkin got the door opened and Zoey found a corner. Zoey has since found a new home, and I've finally tracked down all the christened "corners" and the items that were in these corners, and cleaned or tossed them. I also had to use nearly a full roll of de-linter to remove the cat hair off my scrap tote. And on Christmas morning, all the bows and ribbons on the presents under the tree were in-tact except two pale yellow ones, which had been removed and shredded. For some reason, those bows were irresistable to Pica Kitty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #88  
Glitter Queen

About the first time you have to brush dried-on Stickles out of your black cat's fur, you'll figure out a way! (Don't ask me how I know!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #89  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirolivesView Post
Perhaps you could try to store your supplies 'in' something: In a drawer. In a filing cabinet. In a repurposed cd tower. In a knitting basket. In a glass jar. In Jet Max cubes. The theory is they don't have thumbs and "they" can't get in.

Here's a photo of Baby Princess 'in' a cat cuddle house thing lol:
I wouldn't be too sure about that, it doesn't matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom. And yes, she really did open these all by herself.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-p1020881.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-p1020886.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 2 cats and a dog... mostly as long as it isn't on the floor, it is safe from the dog. Unfortunately, I have one cat who loves to knock things off of tables, counters, etc, I guess to see what kind of noise they make or something. So they are quite a team. I have found as long as I keep things in a container at the back of my stampin desktop they are safe. The exception to that is paint brushes. For some reason, they all love to steal the paint brushes, even if they are in a drawer that is left slightly open!

I do keep most things inside drawers and/or closed containers. While it is a bit more work for me, it is worth it to keep it safe from curious fur balls!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that, it doesn't matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom. And yes, she really did open these all by herself.
I totally believe it! Been there with a previous cat... she loved bread, and no matter where I put it, cupboard, drawer... I'd come home to find it it in the middle of the floor with a hole torn through the wrapper. I resorted to keeping it in the fridge... she never figured out how to open that on her own!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #92  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha728View Post
That "sweet" cat (the shaved one) isn't so sweet at the groomers. He was kicked out of a groomer's earlier this year. Well, she finished him but politely said he wasn't really welcome back (unless he was declawed & drugged). We took him to a groomer's associated with our vet's office this last time. They had to put him under to shave him. He just goes crazy when the clippers get turned on. Putting him under was less traumatic for him & the groomer. We're going to try to take him more frequently (before he gets so matted) and hope that he'll gradually learn that being at the groomer's isn't so bad.

We do enjoy them and I can't imagine not having at least one kitty to keep us company.
I used to have a treble coated Main Coon cat and talk about matting. This cat got mats on top of her mats. She absolutely hated it when I tried to brush her. She got so bad that I finally decided to take her to a groomer.

Well unbeknownst to me the groomer specialized in Schnauzer cuts. Have you ever seen a Main Coon with a Schnauzer cut? It’s not a pretty sight, funny but not pretty.

Some friends were with us when we picked her up from the groomers and took her home. Everyone swears that the other cat laughed at her when he saw her.

After that whenever I wanted to brush her and started fighting me I’d ask her if she wanted to go back to the groomers and then she would settle down and let me brush her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #93  
Inking Addict

I use a lot of sets of drawers for my stuff. Right now most of them are filled to the point where my animals can't get into them (4 ferrets 1 cat). I also have my tall drawer set wedged in between my desk and a bookcase so the ferrets can't climb up it to get to the very top of my desk. I have some shelves on my desk as well which allows me to put things out of ferret reach, especially since I have a particular ferret that likes to knock over anything with liquid in it. I can't really stop them from getting on my desk though, I just have to keep things cleaned up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #94  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyxpudView Post
My pets are pretty good about staying out of my way, but my cat Lucy couldn't resist getting in the way of my photographing this card...

Ripped Blue Note by onyxpud - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

That was the the compromise shot, since she clearly wasn't going away. Not too bad of a backdrop...too bad I'll never get that to happen again!
HA!!! What is it with cats??? It's ALWAYS the butt in your face! :lol: BTW love the card...my colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Because of this issue, I had to install baby-proof latches on all of my cabinets. Do I have a baby? No. Just a cat like yours that opens things just because they can.

Who needs tattoos? I already have ink in strange places...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #96  
Stampin' Fool

Now where am I supposed to work?
As if I had a lot of working space to start with.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-img_1095.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #97  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I used to have a treble coated Main Coon cat and talk about matting. This cat got mats on top of her mats. She absolutely hated it when I tried to brush her. She got so bad that I finally decided to take her to a groomer.

Well unbeknownst to me the groomer specialized in Schnauzer cuts. Have you ever seen a Main Coon with a Schnauzer cut? It�s not a pretty sight, funny but not pretty.

Some friends were with us when we picked her up from the groomers and took her home. Everyone swears that the other cat laughed at her when he saw her.

After that whenever I wanted to brush her and started fighting me I�d ask her if she wanted to go back to the groomers and then she would settle down and let me brush her.
This is so funny. We took our Maine Coon, Sam, to the groomers today because he was so matted. Thankfully, #1 he's good at the groomers & #2 Our groomer doesn't specialize in Schnauzer cuts. We got a "lion cut" for him. He's the yellow one so it's perfect on him. Only his head and the last 3" of tail are fluffy. The rest is very close cut. Our Persian was freaked out when Sam came home. Neither he nor our Russian Blue know what to make of Sam. It's so funny to watch them -- I wonder if they don't recognize him. Sam seems happier. I think the mats were bugging him and it has to be cooler for him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #98  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband and I share a room as our studio. We are both artists, and he does photography as well. So we keep all our supplies in here and our computers. We have an adorable dog...very playful...lots of energy. Hes a boston terrier with 1/4 beagle. He doesnt really mess up our supplies and we have a basket for him in here, but he often tries to get us to play with him by dropping toys on us or pawing at us, and for some reason he loves to drop his toys into my embellishment bag. Its a tote type bag with lots of pockets and has two wheels in the back. I keep it under my desk and he always drops things in it and his pawing tore some of the mesh pockets =P Having said that im happy hes not a cat and doesnt jump up on our desks.

Name:  30921_1354526315997_1616628593_8192.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  34.4 KB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #99  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I love this topic ... Oh my stars ... All the wonderful stories an photos ...

Angela - you can't tell she's in my craft/scrap room, but she is. This is one of her last good pix before she passed away.

Viking - little stinker - I was going through my older scrap / card and photography books, went to make lunch for the folks, and he was curled up in the box sawing logs. He now enjoys getting on my scrap table. His clumsiness results in me playing "pick-this-up" all the time. He eats string & ribbons too. He also likes to lay in my giant GrandeMark die tray. Thank goodness for air in a can.

Though I have always been diligent about keeping string, ribbon, rubber bands and such in confinement and out of their reach. Viking got into my mom's closet and unbeknown to me, he's running around the house hacking with 2 inches of curling ribbon hang out of his mouth. I heard the noise and found him ... I grabbed him and gently tugged it out ... he had swallowed almost 3 feet of that deadly stuff.

If Viking is in the room and I need to use some ribbon, I snatch him and put him in the cat room and shut that door. When it's put away, I let him out.

Tiger - is now too old and fat (17# now), but in his younger years, he was into every crevice he could get into. He lays right in the middle of the floor by my scrap chair. This old scanned pic was when I was cleaning out some drawers and he squeezed his big frame in the small drawer space.

Twinkle - My avatar - she's a feisty-britches, A few years back, I bough a couple of photo boxes (before I went digital) and she climbed into one thinking it was just her size. Again, loving the air in a can.

It gets too hot & stuffy to shut the scrap door on the cats to keep them out; I do however have a pet gate in place to keep the poodles out.

Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-p1000767wxbbb.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-dscn4791bbbb.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-tigerimage7.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-dscn7799bbb.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote: Originally Posted by shirolives
Perhaps you could try to store your supplies 'in' something: In a drawer. In a filing cabinet. In a repurposed cd tower. In a knitting basket. In a glass jar. In Jet Max cubes. The theory is they don't have thumbs and "they" can't get in.

Here's a photo of Baby Princess 'in' a cat cuddle house thing lol:

Attached Thumbnails

Oh, I believe it my Tiger can open doors with his paws. He is tall, long and strong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 AM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

The air in a can is used to get rid of the cat hair, not the cats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
The air in a can is used to get rid of the cat hair, not the cats.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #103  
Glitter Guru

Received 865 Likes on 516 Posts

Oh, I just love Angela's markings and pretty eyes! I can tell that she was a very special cat!
I have to get a couple of knots out of one of my kittie's hair. She's sleeping right now. I used a regular catbrush on her, and evidently, that does'nt work well enough to keep her from getting knots. I'll have to use the kitty comb instead (that's why I used the brush, they don't care much for the comb). If I can't comb them out well, I'll just have to carefully trim them down, being careful not to cut too close to her skin. I know you have to be careful if you trim knots from their hair. Their skin gets into it sometimes.
I'm so enjoying everyone's pics and stories about their pets! They are all sooo adorable!!! Puts a smile on my face!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #104  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry for yet another post, but I had 2 helpers yesterday afternoon and I actually had the camera handy for a change ... I just could not resist sharing (I just love that there are so many animal lovers here).

My animals are what started me scrapping & card making in the first place

PS ... Thank you "hoptownracer1" - She was
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-vp1050969.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-tp1060071.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

My problem are my pugs, Sandi, who wants to own anything in a bag or box especially if sitting on the floor. Once she lets me know it is hers (with a little tinkle) she watches work on my crafts as I find her little wet gift. Unfortunately her potty pad sits in the bathroom attached to my craft room. Her sister Taydum likes paper towels, so I have to be careful if any fall on the floor. But they are my constant loving pals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #106  
Polyshrink Goddess

No kitties for me. Just 3 little white Maltese. They have a bunk bed next to my desk and the girls are always climbing up onto the desk to investigate and "help". Malachite, my little boy doesn't have the trick of it yet. They also all like to share an office chair next to the desk and keep me company.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-dsc05872.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #107  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hordemotherView Post
No kitties for me. Just 3 little white Maltese. They have a bunk bed next to my desk and the girls are always climbing up onto the desk to investigate and "help". Malachite, my little boy doesn't have the trick of it yet. They also all like to share an office chair next to the desk and keep me company.
How cute, looks just like a little stuffed animal. Do you have a picture of their bunk bed?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

No cats here (hubby is allergic) but our lab is frequently in the way. She enjoys napping in various spots in my craft room, usually wherever is THE most in convenient place. I've tried putting a bed in there for her and it only works for a few hours. But she's my pal so I make do.
Reply With Quote Likes