Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Scrapyland has the Quickutz Magnetic Storage Book on sale for $9.09...but of course they are out of stock right now...but enter ur name & they w/let u kno when they get them in. As far as I am concerned it's the only way to store the Nesties. Takes up so little space..I cut the name of the Nestie out of the packaging & use double stick tape to adhere it to book.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts

I store mine on the inside of a cupboard door in my craft room, using magnetic strips. Here's a photo:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
Nesties Storage-dscn2705.jpg  

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Walmart sells cute little boxes made to hold CD's in their office supply aisle. They come in white, yellow, brown and green (at least in my store). I bought several of those, and I use one to hold my nesties. I cut down some magnet sheets (actually magnetic vent covers from Home Depot), and stick my nesties to them. I labeled the top, and I can easily flip through it.

I also store my embossing folders in these boxes and cards fit in them perfectly too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #44  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue BuschView Post
I have "lots" of Nestabilities and ended up purchasing zippered three ring
binders and zippered pencil cases. Each shape has a different color and
there is one Nestie to each case. I leave them on the cards they come on and put them in a zippered pencil case. They are all protected this way
and I have never had a problem with it. I have 2 zippered three ring
binders full --and really have to refrain from purchasing any (or many)
more! Love my Nesties and use them on probably 99% of all the
cards I make!
Sue,I love your idea for the storage.I'm going to look into this way of storage the next time I'm in town.I really need to get a system in this area.Seems like I spend more time diging for theses treasures and don't wish to get them bent up.Thanks for the idea!!! Lea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melvView Post
Back when we all showed our messy secrets for a chance to win a Scrapbox I saw the best nestie idea of all. Dawn Lusk had hers up on a cork board. One push pin will hold them no problem, they look nice are easy to see and find. I have a Quick Cutz Magnetic folder to use for travel or classes but keep all my nesties hanging together on the big cork board the rest of the time. LOVE this system and had tried many before it.
I love this idea and I have some cork that is just waiting for a purpose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Good heavens, some of you just have way too many nestabilities.....want to sell any as I've just started buying them????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Default Storing Nesties

I don't have a lot of nestabilities and I don't transport them, so wanted a very simple, inexpensive solution. I bought magnetic vent covers (vents like in your wall that heat and a/c comes out of) at BB&B. They were under $10 for several sheets. I used doubleside tape and taped them to foam core. I cut the foam core to fit inside my cabinet doors and hung my nesties on the magnetic sheet. Works great! I even have a section on the foam core where I use a pin to hang my Tim Holtz templates. Love all the ideas.....Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

Default Plastic Accordion Receipt Folder

Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd share my nestie storage solution... this is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I've tried the whole magnet thing in different types of albums, etc., but my nesties would always fall off. I found a plastic accordion receipt folder at Office Max- so I'm assuming you can find these at any office supply store... I keep the cards that the nesties come on and cut them in half. Its best to keep the side that shows the name of the nestie set (I've thrown many away and am sad that I no longer know what the size or name of the set I bought.)

Then I add on extra strips of double stick tape (scotch brand works well) so that my nesties will stick better. Then I insert them into its own slot in the accordion folder and use my labeler to label each section for easy finding. I have a lot of nesties, so I have several folders. I divided them up by shape-basic shapes, labels/shapeabilities and picked different colors for each folder so that I know that my pink folder is basic shapes.

This has made my life soooo much easier and I don't lose dies anymore! Its also easy if you need to travel with them. I teach classes at a local scrapbook store, so I just grab the folder I need without worries! Hope someone can benefit from this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

Wink nestabilities storage

I Have found that if you use the clear folders from stampinup and than buy the magnectic sheets to put in them, you need to cut them in half, they work great and the store very good and keep them very organized.

Last edited by soltice; 04-19-2010 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: the magnetic seets can be purchased from orenital trading
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

the magnectic sheets can be found at oriental trading
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #51  
Glitter Queen

I put mine in a cd holder from Wal-Mart it holds 112 cd's. It has 2 pockets per page, I just put the large dies on the bottom page. I mount them on a piece of black cardstock that I cut to fit the pocket then I put a stripe of magnet tape across the cardstock. I write what die it is with a white gel pen. Works like a dream. Look for the cd holder with the square pockets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar to one of the earlier posters, I use heavy chipboard with old fridge magnets and stand them up in a square plastic basket on my table, right at my fingertips. I started this system before I had long ones, so 17 of my sets are on 5x5 inch cards and the other 5 are on 5x7's. They are all labeled with my Dyno labeler. Since it's a basket, it doesn't really matter if some cards are taller than others and it's easy to flip through. I also have a sample of every set in my "inventory binder" so I have two easy ways to see what I have. Since the binder also contains samples of stamps, inks, die cuts, embossing folders, etc it is great to take on shopping trips because it eliminates duplicate purchases and if I add a notebook or even just a few spare pages of loose leaf, I can plan projects anywhere or anytime (ie on lunch, waiting at the doctor's office, or the comfort of the living room sofa ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #53  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have just over 10 sets so no where near how many you ladies have and let's just say I am so jealous tee hee! Here is a storage solution I haven't seen shared yet. I have a clip it up and I use binder rings you can pick up at any office supply store to put each set on, usually with it's matching scalloped set and then clip the binder ring onto the clip it up clips. Then I just take my image over to my clip it up and hold it up to my hanging nesties to see which one fits the best. Works for me right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

perfect! I just love the ideas I find on here. You guys are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #55  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

I'm using the binders...like you get at Gina K or Univenture.
The 'longer' ones are one to a page.
The magnetic seets are Quickutz...a pack of six 4x12 sheets at HL is $4.99. I get them w/ a 40% off coupon!
Attached Thumbnails
Nesties Storage-nestabilities-binder-box.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,003 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Wow! So many great ideas! So far, I just use the notebook from Hobby Lobby, and the vent covers from Lowes for the magnet, and put the nesties on them in the plastic pockets in the notebook. But I love all these ideas. I might have to do something different if I get as many as you all have! :razz:

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Default Here's a different idea...

I use this Iris brand photo holder to store my Nesties and Cuttlebug folders together. I get two sets of Nesties in each case, even the long rectangles. Great for when I have to pick up and go.
Attached Thumbnails
Nesties Storage-iris-photo-holder.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:06 AM   #58  
Kookie Creator

Default Forgot to mention...

The one in the photo is a single and I have a double case and it has a handle for carrying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

I use the QK magnetic binders for the sets, but the grand border dies don't fit in them. I am searching for storage solutions for the 12" dies.

I have tried searching the forums for ideas and haven't seen storage for the 12" dies. That isn't saying there isn't something out there, but just that I haven't been able to find anything.

So far, I have just kept it in the package it arrived in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #60  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosersmkView Post
Here is my storage binder. 50 sets all in a 1" binder. I just took chipboard and put the self adhesive magnets on the pages. 6 pages (front and back) holds 50 sets of dies. More on my blog about how I put it together.
http://rosebud-crafts.blogspot.com/2...ge-binder.html

I did this a few weeks ago! I had 40% off and 50% off coupons over a few days period and went to Mike's. I purchased the roll of magnet sheets and cut the rectangles and squares. I bought several packages of the 12 X 12 cardboard packs. I punched holes and adhered my magnet sheets. I had a 12 x 12 leather scrapbook album that I was not using and in no time my nesties went from occupying a whole drawer due to containers, to being contained in an album. I am very happy with the results! I just leave the album flat on a shelf closed and pick up the cover and pages and thumb through. I really do not have to open it all the way nor do I have to turn the cardboard pages! Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing Rosersmk!

II Tim. 1:7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

I really like the binder idea, but I have zipped binders of brass stencils in photo sheets and find the binders very heavy to lift. If all else fails, I guess one binder of just the 12" dies wouldn't be too heavy? Really, the company didn't think of how we would store these 12" dies all and I'm a little disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my nesties stored in a binder with full page photo protectors made to store 4x6 photos. I used magnetic strips to keep the nesties neat. I recently purchased a box for holding CDs in little hanging folders. I sounded like such a good idea since the binder keeps getting heavier as I add more nesties. But the more I thought about it, the more I like being able to flip the pages to see exactly what I have. I guess I will use the CD box to hold something else, maybe CDs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

Well I did email Spellbinders to ask about the Grand die storage. They replied that they use a 3 ring binder for the Grand storage in their office. So I guess that is the way to go if the company uses that system!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #64  
Rubber Obsessor

I store them in a binder, in a custom storage sleeve made with a sheet protector. There's no need to cut down the original chipboard that came with the nesties... I just replaced the sticky strip with magnetic strips. It works for any size (even the new massive beauties) because you are making a pocket specifically for the set. PLUS - because it's inside a pocket, even if the magnet lets go, the die is still kept with it's set.

It's the same method I mentioned earlier today for embossing folders and dies. I posted a tutorial for it on my blog if you guys are interested.

My Custom Storage Solution

Blog: Green Isles
Blog Design: Design by Tee

Artfire: Green Isles Crafts

I design for: Creative Sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

I currently use the QK magnetic storage binders, but that is starting to get a little pricey as I add to my collection. I like the notebook ideas, but think I'm going to try the corkboard system. I think if I keep it by my desk, I will use them more. I need to see it. Out of sight, out of mind when it comes to my supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
I left my Nesties on the card that they came on with the double sided tape. Then I chopped the cards down to 5.5" and all except the longest of the long rectangles fit right inside a $1 recipe box that I got from Michaels dollar bin.

It's perfect to keep sitting on my die cut counter or take to a crop as none can fall out in transit.

Not perfect, but good enough for now. ;) And an added bonus of being cheap and very little work.
This is basically what I've done too...I just added magnet sheets/strips to the cards...not pretty, but functional!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #67  
Inking Addict

Default nestabilities storage - magnetic knife racks!

i've just expanded my storage - adding another knife rack, along with a bar to hang some punches from - no good for the new ones though!!

I'd really like some help and advice in storing the stamp sets - as you can see from the pic, they are just in a couple of huge piles!! any ideas anyone??

jenny
Made On The Farm
Attached Thumbnails
Nesties Storage-dsc_0057.jpg   Nesties Storage-dsc_0059.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, I outgrew my 2 quikutz magnetic books, and am going to try the 3-ring binder idea. I just got the vent covers from menards... My question is how are you sticking the magnet sheets to the chipboard??? They aren't self adhesive, and I don't have 2-way tape. I do have a 714 atg tape gun, but not sure if it will be strong enough.. any suggestions how to have the magnet stick to the chipboard???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #69  
Glitter Queen

So many great ideas in this thread.. I'm a new wizard addict and am building a collection of nesties quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Love your storage idea, very clever. Heading to my closest Best Buy this weekend. Thanks for the pictures too. I have my nesties stored in magnetic sheet too (cut from the vent sheets at Lowes lol), but they are currently stored in a small CD box I got from Walmart, however, it would fit the larger Nestie. Your idea will fix my problem. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #71  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitsy73View Post
This is basically what I've done too...I just added magnet sheets/strips to the cards...not pretty, but functional!
This is my way too but I don't cut my cards, I store them in a accordion check holder (like a coupon holder but longer.) I got them in the target dollar spot, it has 13 divided slots, but you could easily put two in each slot. I love it how it turned out, easy to travel with and easy to store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #72  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Init Boxes from Best Buy

If your best buy does not have them you can order the Init boxes off of the Best Buy web site and have them delivered to your store or your home. Darlene

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Init%26%...=8]Init™ - 320-Disc CD Case - Silver - NT-MS474[/url

Quote:

Originally Posted by NjoilifView Post
Love your storage idea, very clever. Heading to my closest Best Buy this weekend. Thanks for the pictures too. I have my nesties stored in magnetic sheet too (cut from the vent sheets at Lowes lol), but they are currently stored in a small CD box I got from Walmart, however, it would fit the larger Nestie. Your idea will fix my problem. Thanks!

Last edited by darlenea; 10-16-2010 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuts4levibuttsView Post
Okay, I outgrew my 2 quikutz magnetic books, and am going to try the 3-ring binder idea. I just got the vent covers from menards... My question is how are you sticking the magnet sheets to the chipboard??? They aren't self adhesive, and I don't have 2-way tape. I do have a 714 atg tape gun, but not sure if it will be strong enough.. any suggestions how to have the magnet stick to the chipboard???
The ATG tape is strong enough. I have done that.

Hugs
Jaunice
Reply With Quote Likes