Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of space, taking over parents living room!

I am new here, but have been lurking a while. I have a sorta long story as to why I am in need of the scrapbox. I'm 32 yrs old and was working as a nurse in a hospital ER. I am the mom of two wonderful boys age 7 and 11. In January of this year I became sick. I spiked a fever of 104 and ended up in the hospital. I ended up out of work by the end of january because i kept getting sick over and over with the same symptoms high fever, joint pain and headaches. I had to take my 2 boys and move home with my parents. We are all crammed in the house with no extra room to spare. I had to get rid of most of my furniture as it would not fit and i couldn't afford storage. In the end of March I went back to work only to become sick again in May I was hospitalized twice and this time had severe weaknesss and numbess in both of my legs and still have no answer as to what is wrong with me! I've been followed by infectious disease who says what i have isn't infectious. I am still being seen by rheumatology, neurology, hemocology/oncology and endocrinology.I'm currently awaiiting results of a bone marrow biopsy. During all of this I have been terminated from my job as well which I didnt think they could do to me but that is another long story. But during all of this I have been very depressed and discovered stamping, card making and scrapbooking and it has been a positive outlet for me. It has kept me sane through all of this. When I get in to creating things all the things that are bothering me go away and I am in a whole different frame of mind, if that makes sense to any of you. I have no space to put all my stuff and have been taking over my parents living room. I feel bad that i have created an eye sore in my moms living room and winning this scrap box would not just help me but make my mom extremely happy as well. I have included a video so yall can see the living room/ craft room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q5swWhP9To
I desperately need a place to put all my stuff. sometimes by the time I can find everything I need I'm worn out and cant get much done. I have everything in boxes and all the chairs and under the table have cardboard boxes. I also just signed up to be a demo with stampin up in hopes of helping my financial state. I think it would be helpful to be organized to be successful with stampin up. Please consider me for the scrapbox
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I see that I have no replies this morning. I thought it would be worth a shot, but i still have no responses. I really have a need for the scrapox some people on here have space or rooms that are out of site. I have been taking over my mom's living room and it would be nice to hide it when my parents have company. There is no other spaces to put anything else because my two boys are sharing a room since I had to move home due to illness and my room is so small half my clothes are on a rollling rack in the garage. Crafting means the world to me right now. It is all that keeps me going and it would sure help to be able to have an organizational system so I can easily access my stuff to complete projects as my energy level is very low most of the time. I know this is not fancy or super creative like some of the other posts but it is sincere and heartfelt. I could really use the help right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

It seems like there are a whole lot of people who are really in a bad spot and really deserve to have this scrapbox. i have no idea how you judges will decide. I am glad I'm not in your shoes, it's a tough one. I'm pretty sure I won't get it because no one even had one response for my post. I guess you have to have a history on here and know people. Oh well. I want to wish everyone good luck and I'm sure someone very deserving will get it. I had the most awful day today I went to follow up for my bone marrow results with the oncologist and they refused to see me because i have lost my job and insurance. So I left the office crying. I have some medicaid called shared cost which means I have to accrue $553 worth of medical bills in a month for them to turn my medicaid on and back pay that amount. But what doctor will provide free medical care and take a risk on you meeting that amount. You might as well not have medicaid. I am scared frustrated and tired. Im sorry for venting here probably not the appropriate place. But it has just been a bad day! All I can do is sit at my table and cry at this point so. I dont have too much energy to be creative and tell people I need a scrapbox more than them I think a lot of us need it and/or want it. Today all I want is to get better and be my old energetic self!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Where can I vote? You definitely deserve the scrapbox! Sarah - I can't believe all that you're going through! I don't have a lot of friends on here, but I will ask the ones I have to take a look at your story! Oh, my dear sweet new friend, I will be praying for you! I can't believe that the oncologist wouldn't give you the results of your biopsy! Is there anyone else you can call? Maybe an attorney? I know this must be so frustrating for you - feeling so weak, scared, tired, and not able to control anything that's going on. But you can pray and keep trying to create. I will vote if I can find out where to do it. I'll be praying for you from now on and will be looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Amy

Reply With Quote Likes