Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the ones from Stamp N Storage and love them. I got a 60 and a 30 unit... actually my husband ordered them for me for Christmas when they were on sale. I painted mine barn red and love the look. I highly reccommend them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for stampin storage - i got both the TH and CTMH holders and love them... getting ready to order the SU one as well.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #43  
Glitter Queen

Patter,
I called Sue and what a blessings she is! I told her you sent me and my stampin things storage units should be here soon thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Jen, I see that you got your ink pad storage from Angie Noe's Stamping Storage Solutions too and I have a couple questions for you. I just love my storage unit and want to buy another one and I have tried everything possible but their website has all kinds of problems. I can't click on any of the tabs if you type in their website or go in from the link you posted, etc but if I go in through my bookmarked page I can click on most of the products listed on the left and of course the buy button, but that's it. I can't contact them from the contact us tab to even let them know of the website problems (if they don't already know)and I even tried emailing her using the address I used when I ordered mine a little over a year ago but I haven't gotten any response. The email doesn't come back as not a valid email though. It is an email with a rr.com which to me would be railroad but not sure. I was wondering when you ordered yours and when you did, did you ever correspond via email where you might have an email address you would be willing to share with me? Or is someone else might have ordered through there and they read this and have any answers to this. I guess I could just move on and try another place but I know how well they are made and you just never know what your going to get. I would appreciate any information your willing to share. Feel free to contact me if you want ([email protected])to give me any information you would rather not post.
Thanks and I hope your having a wonderful weekend.
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #45  
Mad Swapper

Here is a photo of mine. There is somewhere between 110 and 120 pads stored here. There are two lifesavers tins which hold round studio g pigment pad.
Attached Thumbnails
Ink pad storage ideas?!-ink-storage.jpg  

Last edited by laughingstamper; 03-07-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
I, too, use a cassette tape holder. One of the Nappa Valley ones that I picked up at a used record store for $5. It is perfect!!
But are they not too shallow for the SU pads? I would like one of those but would hate for the pads to hang half out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #47  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I haven't set them up yet but I got three wooden rotating CD racks on eBay that I'll use for ink pads. I am happy with my current reinker and marker storage. Two of the racks are identical and made by The Bombay Company and the third is a Napa Valley product . They are sturdy and nice pieces of home decor, really, and will store a whole lot of ink pads in a small space (relative to my current storage).

I have rotating Recollections white spinners on my table for the supplies that I use all of the time and I have discovered that rotating supply 'fixtures' are great for me based on how I work and the fact that I like to have certain supplies on top of my work table.

I had to come up with some new solution for my ink pads. For the last 10 years I have stored my ink pads in a combination of Napa Valley wooden tape holders and plastic storage containers. This worked okay for me when I began stamping because I did not have many stamp pads, but now I have a lot of the plastic containers and they're very cumbersome for me and the tape holders don't sit securely on top of my work table because there is nothing for them to 'lean' against (like a wall).

I have been working for the last few months setting up my studio (still a work in progress) and having things set up to my convenience and liking is adding so much joy to my art work and crafting.

You'll find your solution and your bliss - have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #48  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am storing my SU ink pads and TH distressed inks in an old wooden box. This works well for me. I only have a craft desk for storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all the great ideas. I ran over to our local thrift store (Deseret Industries in Utah) during lunch today and found several CD storage racks. I bought them for just a few dollars and will clean them up and try them out for my ink pads. Appreciate everyone's inputs. Also found a storage rack that looks like it will work for paper. If not, I will just give it back as a donation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #50  
Glitter Queen

I have the Porta-Ink storage that holds 60 ink pads and all the refills on the top. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Hubby made my wall mounted stamp pad holders! Check out my members gallery to see a picture and description of how he constructed them. He is definitely a keeper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #52  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have NO money right now for storage as I am on disability and my DH lost his job. But over the years I picked up a couple of the 6 drawer tall Iris carts and some of the shorter 3 drawer sets. I know have my ink starting in one of the 3 drawer sets that on top of the 6 drawer. I separated it by type, dye, pigment, chalk, specialty (like versamark and stazon). The daubers that match a particular color are labeled with my label make with that color and stored in the draw.

The two 6 drawer carts sit side-by-side in the closet of what was my oldest son's bedroom with the closet door removed. My wooden stamps are stored in the remaining thin drawers of the two units by category. I have larger supplies stored in the bigger drawers like adhesive refills (including my bigger Xyron refills), I have a drawer of quilling supplies that's going away soon since I haven't quilled in about 7 years, and so on. All the drawers are labeled in the biggest type available on my Brother label maker so I know which drawer hold what without having to dig around.

Little by little, I'm trying to move my clear stamps into containers I bought at JoAnns. I bought several packages of the sheets that acrylic stamps will stick to that are meant to go into a binder. I tried this, but even using page protectors, I lost small pieces. So, I'm going to cut each sheet and a heavy page protector in half, number each sheet and stamp an index that goes in the front of the container. I'll group like stamps together. The containers have a snap-on lid and a handle, so I can take them with me if I needed to, and they stack on my shelves. Eventually, I hope to unmount many of my rubber stamps and store them this way.

I've bought just about everything I needed for storage either on sale or with a coupon, and I'm finding ways to reuse things I'm finding around the house as we start to downsize. It's actually kind of fun, as I'm one of those strange people who has almost as much fun organizing her stuff as she does using it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktfabian2View Post
...I'm one of those strange people who has almost as much fun organizing her stuff as she does using it!
You're not alone !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

I recently bought some "Atlanta Media Stix" - there are 3 packs up there on my wall that hold SU ink pads great, they will also hold other kinds, but had to keep some ink pads (like Brilliance and Staz On) that won't fit into the wall mounted holders into cassette holders that I used to have all of them in. I had too many to fit in just two of the cassette holders so I had to find another method and I love the Media Stix! You can get them on eBay for about $12 per pack and each pack holds 60 pads
Attached Thumbnails
Ink pad storage ideas?!-ink-pads.jpg  

OSU College of Veterinary Medicine-Class of 2012!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManatyGrrlView Post
I recently bought some "Atlanta Media Stix" - there are 3 packs up there on my wall that hold SU ink pads great, they will also hold other kinds, but had to keep some ink pads (like Brilliance and Staz On) that won't fit into the wall mounted holders into cassette holders that I used to have all of them in. I had too many to fit in just two of the cassette holders so I had to find another method and I love the Media Stix! You can get them on eBay for about $12 per pack and each pack holds 60 pads
Nice~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManatyGrrlView Post
I tried those but was afraid the would puddle the ink. Have you noticed that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStampsView Post
I tried those but was afraid the would puddle the ink. Have you noticed that.
I haven't noticed that yet, but I've only had them up there for a couple weeks...and haven't used many since then.

OSU College of Veterinary Medicine-Class of 2012!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont have a lot of brands of ink so my storage needs are relatively simple.

A standard sized spinner for all my SU! pads. I chose SU! as one of the brands I like because it had a regular felt pad. Now it has the firm foam I won't be buying any moe to add to my collection, and that eliminates any future storage problems for anything new colours. Phew!

I found a neat and tidy way to store all my Distress and Ranger Archival inks, of which I have nearly the full sets. I use a KaiserCraft 25 box/drawer unit (approx 14" x 16") took out all the boxes. Added some spacers to the shelves to fit the size of the ink pads. Holds 72 ink pads very nicely and I can take the whole thing with me if I need to.

Since Ranger has now introduced six new colours, which I know I'll have to have, I'll need to rethink my Archival storage. But for those of you with pads sized like Rangers Adirondack or Archival inks the KaiserCraft units are a good fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

I just listed some great IKEA racks on Ebay that I don't use any longer. I have a couple of storage units I bought from a company that has gone out of business now, luckily I bought three of them so I have some room to grow. Have to admit, I love organizing my storage options almost as much as stamping LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Is there a link for your items?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #61  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,388 Likes on 519 Posts

Another vote for Stamp N Storage! Great company, great product!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

Here's the link to my ink pad storage on Ebay. I didn't mean to advertise, but they have worked really well for me: Stampin Up Stamp Pad Holders IKEA | eBay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

You can also look in my gallery here on Splitcoast to see how it works. I did a tour of my craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes