Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ink pad storage "to go" friendly

Hi stampers! I'm looking for a ink pad holder that is "to go" friendly! I have all SU colors from all the color families. Retired and in colors as well. I have others as well stazon, distress inks etc. (Tim Holtz I think) I love the CTMH ink pad holder, put it in the zippered bag and go! Unfortunately SU ink pads don't fit. I want something that I can house all the SU ink pads and go. Currently I have an awesome holder that holds a ton of ink pads, re-inkers and markers as well. I just cant take it to go!

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions & happy stamping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I have the same problem as well. I saw a post where someone used a Cropper Hopper Picture holder....Photo Case 2000. They have them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. As for me...on the go...I am learning how to only take the colors that match the paper I am going to use for a project or card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Hi Wanda! Thanks for a great tip, would of never thought of that! You are good to be able to only bring the ink that matches your paper/project that your going to do! I'm not that organized yet! I don't go a-lot but when I do I like to have "my" ink pads!!!

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have any SU ink pads, but I do use the Cropper Hopper 200 to store my ink pads in.
Here is a pic, maybe it will help?
Attached Thumbnails
Ink pad storage "to go" friendly-101_0928.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Connie
On the go...when you are at Retreats or Crops...you only can get but so much done anyway. With some pre-planning you can pair down a lot. It has taken me "years" to learn to take only what I will use and it's a never ending process it seems. I too like to have my own things...look at this website...Janine has helped me a whole lot with traveling. I love her last post about this very topic.

My S.T.A.M.P. Club Home Page

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

That's the link I was trying to find about the Cropper Hopper Photo Case. Thanks for posting it Amber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastmommieView Post
I don't have any SU ink pads, but I do use the Cropper Hopper 200 to store my ink pads in.
Here is a pic, maybe it will help?
Great idea! Right now I'm using mine to store ribbons and that works too! Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

you're welcome.
I love browsing all the scrap spaces and finding ideas.

I love, love, love that blog you just linked, how fun to have an RV and travel around and still scrap/stamp/camp. way cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Amber...
Janine is the best!!! Check out here "Cottage" link. I was blessed to be able to see her flip that place and it is amazing what she can do. I went there weekend before this past and had a wonderful time. She is the "Hostess With the Mostest"! While there she helped me purge my tool bag...it's amazing what we collect and don't even realize it. I had 5 piercing tools...4 kinds of tape runners...stickles which I never use on cards anymore...takes to long to dry...7 pairs of scissors...and lots of duplicates of other tools...My tool bag was getting so heavy I could hardly lift it.
After the purge it was much lighter and I had room to put my "wipes" in the bag (which seemed to always never make it in there.)

I am a "toolaholic" so to speak for lack of a better term. Janine has made me take a long hard look at a lot of things lately about "collecting" duplicate tools and other stuff as well. "First" and far most important is...I don't have to have one of the latest and greatest gadgets if I have something that already works the same as the new one. It's an up hill battle for me...but I am on the road to recovery...LOL!

Michelle Zindorf is coming there to teach in August and we are so excited about that.
She is a brayer technique professional.
Have a blessed day and always remember "God Loves You"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #10  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for bringing up this topic. And thanks for the link to Janine's blog, esp. since I have the same tote (the one with drawers) that is my traveling companion. I plan to make some tweaks after reading the blog entry (btw, here's a more direct link: My Stamp Club � Blog Archive � SSCC Sketch Challenge)

I try to have duplicates of basic supplies (black inkpad, VersaMark, journaling pens, certain colors of Stickles, etc.) so the tote is always ready to go but I still have my favorites handy on my desk (the tote needs to be stored elsewhere so I don't use it in my craft space).

Hope everyone finds something that works for them.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I would love to have one of those totes...can't seem to find a place that still sales them. If anyone knows of someone who wants to sell theirs or know of someplace that still sells them...let me know.
Thanks....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Wanda~ sounds like you had a great time! I do the same when I "go" double scissors, double that and for what?? I have 2 get a few doubles so I can have my small craft bag ready to go with all of the essentials for your basic kit.

Is great as the cropper hopper 2000 case is, unfortunately it wont work for me.. My friend just tried it out for me and it didn't fit that many ink pads. The Su ones are a little larger then the CTMH.

I was looking on the link you sent but maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot. I saw the info on the case for holding all the goodies to take with you to crops, etc. but I was wondering if there was something else that I was missing.

Thanks again Ladies for all the ideas, keep em coming!! There has to be something that I can house my ink pads in, keep them on my craft table then pack em up when I need to go!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Hi Tina! What great place to craft, in an R.V. I would LOVE it, nobody to bother me for hours!! Good for you, you go girl! I also would love the tote that you keep packed and ready to go! Do you know if those totes are still around? Wanda also posted that she would like one as well. How do you like your Grand Calibur? I have a big shot, but the grand calibur looks much more compact.

Wanda~ If I happen to come across one of those totes I will let you know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #14  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Hi Tina! What great place to craft, in an R.V. I would LOVE it, nobody to bother me for hours!! Good for you, you go girl! I also would love the tote that you keep packed and ready to go! Do you know if those totes are still around? Wanda also posted that she would like one as well. How do you like your Grand Calibur? I have a big shot, but the grand calibur looks much more compact.

Wanda~ If I happen to come across one of those totes I will let you know!
The blog (where the lady with the tote you and Wanda want) isn't mine ... I just found a link that went directly to the post where she discussed how she organizes the tote.

I also don't have a Grand Calibur but I do have a purple Wizard that I love. Spellbinders is no longer making any Wizards (the latest model was Raspberry) so I may ask for a Grand Caliber for Christmas this year or next. My Wizard works fine and I expect it to last many, many years but it may (at some point) become hard to find the parts that need replacing, such as cutting mats and spacer plates. I have a duplicate (or 2) of each except the blue mat from the Charm embossing kit which is often needed to use Cuttlebug EFs and the Fiskars texture plates. I plan to get one (maybe 2) asap - I view it as protecting my investment in my Wizard and Cuttlebug embossing folders.

The totes were discontinued several years ago. I was fortunate in that my friend no longer wanted hers and we traded for it. I've read (though not recently) about people finding them on Craigslist. It would be a difficult and expensive item to ship so local thrift stores and Craigslist are probably the best places to look (I think it'd be awful to find one on EBay and the shipping make it unaffordable).

Sorry for rambling. It's not as useful as the tote but ArtBin has two sizes of what they call a Click-N-Go tote(ArtBin Scrapbooking, Rubber Stamping and Paper Crafts Soft-Side Storage Products)

The photo doesn't really give much detail and the description says it contains a carrying case and a bin. Maybe you and/or Wanda can search their site for other options? I was thinking that their bins close really well and could (maybe) be used in some type of rolling tote (perhaps from a travel department, kwim). Anyway ... hope you find a solution!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #15  
Linking Queen

Forgot to add a link to a shoebox swap happening near Buffalo:
NY ** 4th Annual WNY Spring Fest 4/30/11 by LodiChick at Splitcoaststampers

Tracy (LodiChick) does an awesome job and it's so much fun to meet other SCSers. I went last year but can't make it this time (bummer 'coz lots of my friends will be there).

the deadline to register/pay is April 2nd so check out the link soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Connie...and TeeGeeDee...
In the meantime...I will continue to search for the perfect solution to traveling with my supplies. With all of the bags and storage containers I have I am sure to find the perfect solution soon...and believe me when I do...I will share with you...pics and all. I have a couple of the smaller click and go totes. They do hold 6x6 paper. I am thinking about trying those for next weekend. Maybe put everything to make a few cards in them. Paper in one...ribbon & string...buttons & bling in the other. My dies go in the Caboodle Bag with my Cuttlebug along with a few embossing folders. And I always carry my Tool Bag.

TeeGeeDee...I have the Grand Calibur and it is wonderful for cutting the Grand Nesties. On the other hand...unless I am making a special Scrapbook with the Grands...I prefer to use my Cuttlebug. I LOVE MY CUTTLEBUG!!! Takes up less space on my work table...especially traveling too. The Grand Calibur is heavier for sure. I don't have a bag for it yet. I may us my original Sizzix bag...It may fit. I just got the Vagabond too. Have not taken it out of the box yet. Ain't that a shame...LOL ... Take care ladies...Happy Crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Wanda~ Have fun next week-end!! Looking forward to hearing from you with your storage solutions! I think I spend more time trying organize & re organize then I do crafting!!! I have been in the process for months now un-mounting my SU stamps. Between work and my kids and all that life is I unfortunately don't get to have fun/play as much as I would like!

Get your new toy out of the box and have fun!!!

I have a big shot, cricut create and a slice do I need a grand calibur??!! It is fun to think about though!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Connie,
Thanks...I know I will have fun at the beach. I have the original Bigshot from days gone by and I have the Cricut Create as well...told ya I am a tool and machine junkie. I never got the Slice though. Unless you plan on doing scrapbooks...I would not get the Grand Calibur right now. The only reason I got it...was my sweetie got it for me for Christmas and I had a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby. We have been married 38 years and it's hard for him to find things for me. I am not a jewelry nut soooo I get tools. He is a toolman himself...sears store in the basement. LOL... Take care...It has been fun meeting new friends...Someone has already contacted me about the Tote. I will let ya know how it comes out. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Yeah for you!!! Let me know how it goes!!

The beach!!! I'm sooooooo jealous!!!

Have an AWESOME time!

I too, have enjoyed meeting new friends!!!

Off to work!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

I was thinking of getting my DH to make me two wooden shelf units similar to the one in this link:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

My vision is that he would add hinges on one side and a latch on the other (or a latch on both sides so it can be totally separated), along with carrying handles on the top. The two fronts would face each other inside when closed. My only concern is it might be a bit heavy to actually carry, depending on how big it was.

I got the idea after seeing something similar on washer toss boxes. In the link below, if you look closely you can see the two latches where they would close up together into one unit for carrying along with the carrying handles on top.

https://www.victorytailgate.com/imag...rs-Product.jpg

I haven't discussed my evil plan with the DH yet, waiting til he's in a really good mood or when he owes me big time for something LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

For Teegee, Sorry about that! You read this, then that blog click on this then that!!! Guess I got confused!!!!! I want to say thank-you for your time and info!!

I wont be able to make the "New York" get away! If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? Thanks again for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #22  
Linking Queen

Quote:

For Teegee, Sorry about that! You read this, then that blog click on this then that!!! Guess I got confused!!!!! I want to say thank-you for your time and info!!

I wont be able to make the "New York" get away! If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? Thanks again for the info!
I don't mind (I keep forgetting to change my location from when I did a Secret Sister). I used to live in Dutchess County but we moved late summer 2010 to Long Island. DH got a new job (just in time as it was announced with much advance notice that his old job would be closing the location where he worked). It is also much closer to almost all his family so that is helpful since his father lives with us.

I started chatting with the CNY (Central NY) ladies several years ago and (being too lazy to look at a map) figured they couldn't be that far away from where I then lived. I was sorta right because a 4 hour trip was sooooo worth it to make them real-life friends and to see their talent in person.

There are several gatherings every year in places like Syracuse (usually May and October), Binghampton (usually February), Utica (usually September) and Buffalo (usually April) so please check the Get-It-Together thread; they are worth the travel time and the gas money (even at $4 a gallon) if your schedule lets you get there.

Happy Crafting!
Tina (aka TeeGeeDee)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #23  
Linking Queen

Hi again Connie,

Just to give you a better idea of the number of shoebox swap gathering that get planned here is a list of upcoming events. Some are for Stamp Expos/Conventions but there are usually a couple of carloads of SCSers going to them to shop:

5/14 East Syracuse, NY

8/20 & 21 Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, Rochester Riverside Convention Center, 123 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604-1619

8/27 & 28 Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, NY

8/28 (Sunday) Hamburg, NY

9/10 Utica/Whitesboro, NY (8 a.m. -4 p.m.?)

10/8 New Jersey

10/15 Rochester/Canadaigua

11/5 East Syracuse

2/25/2012? Binghamton

Sorry I don't have links but the ones happening in the near future should be (fairly) easily found in the Get-It-Together Forum.

Hope you can make it one or more - and that I can too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #24  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to take your inkpads with you...

I had this same issue for a while when I would Host crops twice a month while we were stationed overseas a few years ago...I started taking a TON of stuff, including ALL of my inkpads, but it just got to be TOO MUCH...so I purchased the Stampin' Spots...they come in little travel boxes...they are 1"x1" sized pads of ALL the SU! colors and VERY EASY to transport...It took a tad bit longer to ink up my stamp, but was well worth it as I didn't have to lug around ALL of the big pads...and they stayed with my cropping stuff...when we had the color renovation...I purchased new Stampin' Spots...they make it easy to travel and have ALL of your colors...let me know if you have any questions about them...

Twila
2011 Artisan Award Finalist

My 100% SU! Blog: www.thestampingspot.blogspot.com

My Website: www.twilamooneyham.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I have mine in a soft sided CD holder. It even came with a shoulder strap. I think I only paid $20 for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Default crop in style stamp n store tote

To Wanda: Hello! How are you? I just wanted to let you know that I found a tote as well! Can you believe it ? !!! Did you receive yours yet? If you did, how do you like it? I'm hoping mine will be here this week-end, it is coming from CA.

Take care,
connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #27  
Linking Queen

Quote:

To Wanda: Hello! How are you? I just wanted to let you know that I found a tote as well! Can you believe it ? !!! Did you receive yours yet? If you did, how do you like it? I'm hoping mine will be here this week-end, it is coming from CA.

Take care,
connie
That's awesome for both of you ... hope youn each get the totes soon.
Reply With Quote Likes