Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ImAMess

I really do need this SCRAPBOX, as you can see, I do try to keep my craft supplies tidy but I have limited space, funds & a 5 year grandson living with me !!
When my youngest son, the last of 4 to flee the nest, moved into his own place I was sad to see him go but after bringing up 4 kids I reckoned it was time for me to have some space to call my own, my crafting space is at the moment under the stairs & in most of my dining room. I stripped my son's old bedroom of everything, decorated it in a lovely pale, sunny lemon colour ready to make it into my long awaited craft room so I wouldn't have to rummage through my various boxes & drawers when I was doing a project, wouldn't have to clear everything away each evening so we could eat at the dining table. I'd been saving for ages, birthday money, christmas money to actally buy myself a fantastic SCRAPBOX I even quit smoking which I found hard but it was worth it & for health reasons too.
And then my middle son lost his job & his home too & had to move back here with his partner & their son, Jack my darling grandson, I was so sad for them & it's what you do, if your kids need help, you give it but I was also crushed because it meant my dream craft room was now going to be just that, a dream. Because I'd cleared the room of everything I had to refurnish it & the only money of any significant amount that I had was my SCRAPBOX fund. I feel selfish because I feel so upset about giving up my dream craft room, my son's little family have lost their home but now so to have I in a way, I thought I truly earned my own little space. My craft supplies are so attractive to my grandson that he's into them all the time, he can't help it, it's what kids do but I could weep when I see other crafters lovely work spaces, I nearly didn't enter this give away because I thought there would people much worse off than me but after having a browse through the gallery I can see that many crafters do have better facilities than I do so please, please, please I really do need the SCRAPBOX, it would change not only my life but that of my families & give all of them space to eat, play etc with getting glittered, inked & stuck up with glue.
Attached Thumbnails
ImAMess-craftroom2.jpg   ImAMess-craftroom3.jpg   ImAMess-craftroom5.jpg  

Don't be afraid to try anything new, remember, The Titanic was built by professionals & the Ark was built by an amateur

Last edited by carolewithane; 10-04-2009 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: SPELL CHECKING
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought I'd add these pics too

I've just had another browse in the galleries & looked at other people postings for this give away & i'm still seeing that crafters actually have a room of their own & all they need to do is a bit of housework in them & if they did tidy up a bit they wouldn't need any more storage.
Attached Thumbnails
ImAMess-craftroom6.jpg   ImAMess-craftroom8.jpg  

Don't be afraid to try anything new, remember, The Titanic was built by professionals & the Ark was built by an amateur
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes