Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you store envelopes and blank cards?

One of the items that I still have not found an ideal storage solution for is my envelopes and blank cards. The variety of sizes has stumped me - large square, 5x7, the long thin #10 envelops, and the smaill gift cards?

Any ideas? Either what has worked or has not? If you have something that does work - who makes them and where can I buy one? Pictures would be great!

I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Last edited by ink|outside|the|box; 07-11-2010 at 12:20 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have 6 of these boxes that I use for envelopes. I actually got mine at JoAnn's but they don't carry them any more. Opps I just noticed that they are out of stock at WalMart - well at least you can see what they look like.

Most of the envelopes sizes can stand up but the longer/wider envelopes can lay down in the box. I also use these boxes to store my cello envelopes and bags; these I also lay down in the box.

I've had them for years and they hold up well, stack on top of each other, and they are clear enough that I can see the contents.

I store my envelopes by sizes and colors.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 489 Likes on 307 Posts

No pics but maybe t his will help. I bought a 3 drawer black wire mesh cart on wheels at Target. Top drawer has envelopes sorted by size,use...left hand row has A2, unbox one box at a time leave rest in boxes. right hand side has sizes larger than A2 sorted by size. The middle (what is left between the rows) has the long envelopes going the long way(hope that makes sense).
Middle drawer has clear bags/boxes and other types of that stuff, sorta sorted,,,sorta not.
Bottom drawer has mailers, twine, packing materials and so forth.
I like this cart because I can also use the top to place photo storage boxes on for sorting cards.
I have two more Target wire mesh carts that each have one drawer and one hanging file drawer. One is designated for photography items and folders. The other holds "extra" rolls of ribbon that are duplicates or won't fit my ribbon storage thingy in the drawer and in the hanging file drawer are project ideas and instructions sorted and labled.
this works well for me right now.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I store my blank cards and envelopes two ways: the most frequently used go in ItSo storage trays (from Target) on a shelf just below my tools and the larger, less frequently used ones go into photo storage boxes on an upper shelf. I have one tray each for 4bar and A2 with envelopes in the back. I love being able to flip through my card bases to find the color I want right away. I used the cardboard boxes the bulk envelopes came in before I found the trays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the Dollar Tree and got a plastic tub. It works great for me! I tried drawers and baskets but nothing seemed to work until I tried this. You can see my blog post here with some photos: http://hoosierstamper.blogspot.com/2.../tub-full.html . I have to say that even though I am not using the tubs for most of the things in that post anymore, I am still storing my blank cards and envelopes in one. I can easily take it with me from room to room if I need to. I have a large assortment of sizes and it takes just a moment to find the size I need. If you don't like the look of it, you can always decorate the tub or put in a cabinet. It was only a buck so you can't beat that!
Hope that helps!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Default Appreciate Taking the Time to Respond!

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it. Looks like plastic containers is how everyone is doing it.

Anybody else have any great ideas?

Have a wonderful day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I store all my envelopes in the Jetmax drawers HEREYou will have to scroll down the page some, and there are pictures of how I store other items to, hope this helps!! They are easy to get to, I have them in 3 of the drawers, and then 1 of the other drawers just below the 1 picture
Quote:

Originally Posted by ink|outside|the|boxView Post
Thanks guys for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it. Looks like plastic containers is how everyone is doing it.

Anybody else have any great ideas?

Have a wonderful day all!
Reply With Quote Likes