Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 AM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you all for helping me keep my stamps organized digitally and with binders.  Now I need help with keeping the actual stamps organized.

I know what I have, now I need to organize them so I can find the stamp I want.  It's easy with the clear stamps, but, tricky with the larger wood stamps.  I have 100's of small stamps.  I have those in drawers.  But I have over 1,000 larger than 1.5 - 2 inch stamps.

My studio (or craft room, as my kiddos call it) isn't super large.  I have two nice sized windows where I look out at the Sierras and our solar farm.  My husband, Dennis, built a corner shelf unit that holds 24 fabric bins (the fold up kind you get in a pack at Amazon or at Bed Bath and Beyond).  Right now I have a lot of the stamps in flats.

I was a librarian, So I have the room lined with shelves with books, 3 deep.

Oh, you may think I'm a hoarder, but oh no!  I am a collector!

Thank you,

Stay safe and healthy, stamping friends.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there any way that these different systems can be uploaded to Splitcoast Stampers and shared? It would be far easier to import something already done and delete sets you don't have than to go and add all the sets you do have. Just a question and I know, it would be looking for someone that already catalogued a huge number of stamps. Just a thought and a question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2022, 04:50 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Too many variables (companies)

I cannot imagine a way to upload various automated systems to SplitCoastStamper for use/importing by other crafters. Seems like there would be proprietary features that would prevent that level of crossover. I know that using Kraft Inventory, I have not been able to import in any format. I also learned that one must turn off (reboot) your phone regularly to avoid loosing all the hard work it takes to get a collection updated. I have over 37 companies; 1000+ stamps/sets; 400 punches; etc, etc, etc!
It does take a while (an excellent winter time project) to finish an inventory of all that a crafter may have; but well worth the time I took over 3 years ago. Now, I do not "play with" a new purchase until it is inventoried. Takes a little discipline to do the inventorying, but I find it helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
harrahx2 (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 07:55 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I know this is an old post, but wondering if you succeeded in getting up and running with this new software?? Downloaded it the other day & didn't find it particularly user friendly...and I'm fairly techie!
Marilyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the old-world method. Many years ago, i started using a database and it went away, along with all I had put in it. (this is when computer databases were new to the public)
I use a small 5x9 binder (LOVE this size) and stamp all my stamps on sheets of copy paper that I cut and punch to size (cardstock is too thick for me) Had to start a second binder and split Halloween and Christmas into that as my binder was getting way too full. (reason to stop buying)
I find this works well for me. If I decide to get rid of stamps It is easy to pull a page out. I have a good memory so over 30 years I have only duplicate purchased 2 stamps. I just keep a small flip notebook with description of cards sent to who near my craft table to prevent duplicates. I can flip thru my binder at night while watching TV and decide what stamps to use for my next card.
All my stamps are in CD cases by theme (not company) all sentiments are by theme as well.
These are in revolving cd racks (the newest and favorites) or in a cd cabinet with drawers labeled by theme. (Flowers, Birds, dogs, cats, animals, borders, etc. I guess if I had to do it all over again I might choose avery envelopes for storage but the cd cases are easy to grab for a crop if needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2022, 12:23 AM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

mphb:
I am so sorry, but I do not follow your question--what new software?
If reference is to some new software on SCS, no I am unaware of any new software; therefore, have not attempted to download/use.
I continue to use the Krafts Inventory app for my cataloging, supplemented by rolodex file for all verbiage stamps.
This is a very old thread, but I had received the newest question on 9/21/22--and attempted to answer. Again, I do not know of--nor can I imagine--a place on SCS that would accommodate such a massive program for inventorying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa D.View Post
mphb: ... ... I continue to use the Krafts Inventory app for my cataloging, supplemented by rolodex file for all verbiage stamps.
This is a very old thread, but I had received the newest question on 9/21/22--and attempted to answer. Again, I do not know of--nor can I imagine--a place on SCS that would accommodate such a massive program for inventorying.
SCS does not have an organization program or software.
I was late on the bandwagon to want to use more than a binder & stamped pages. At long last I tried 'Evernote'. It offers a free version, and that's where I started. My needs are far too large for that so I later paid for a bigger/better version. I'm happy with it, but I know that others have mentioned other organizational software they prefer. I do like that Evernote is on my laptop and phone. If I'm at a stamp show or a store, I can check it on my phone to avoid duplicates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2022, 01:43 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Received 180 Likes on 121 Posts

I started with Evernote and still love it.
if you are with Stampin Up Bev Adams has inventory files that can be shared, look her up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2022, 01:54 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Received 180 Likes on 121 Posts

As for physically sorting stamps, i have my SU! Sets still intact in cases , I didn’t split sets, they are stored in a few categories. I found what helped me was to place them in alphabetical order. ( for some people numerical might work better) i look up name of set on Evernote file.
another system you might want to check is Totally Tiffany
Reply With Quote Likes