Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also use the Evernote Clipper to add Tutorials (Splitcoast Stamper ones and others) into an Evernote Folder so that they are all together and I can just go there and search for the one I want anytime...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #42  
Glitter Queen

That's a great idea, Tetcha. I guess that way you have your favorites in one place.

I've started using Flipboard to do that as well. That app let's you create your own magazine-zine like boards.
Dianne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Received 180 Likes on 121 Posts

Does anyone know how to make an image smaller within a note?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

How do you begin using Evernote. I scanned all 700+ stamp sets to my computer. Now what do I do? They are scanned in PDF files. I scanned 25 sheets at a time. I'm not very good on the computer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy and ethelView Post
How do you begin using Evernote. I scanned all 700+ stamp sets to my computer. Now what do I do? They are scanned in PDF files. I scanned 25 sheets at a time. I'm not very good on the computer.
In post #3 above, Doris B referenced this link: Ink On My Whiskers: Creating a Stamp Index Using Evernote

and in post #33, btalem added a link to this thread: Evernote Supply list Sharing? by Mary*MI at Splitcoaststampers

These might be good resources for you

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2015, 09:22 PM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

I don't understand why nor like the fact that Evernote wants so much access to my phone. I really want a good inventory app for so many purposes, but I'm not comfortable giving unnecessary access. Does anyone know of a good inventory app possibly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Thank you so much for posting this topic and for all the super helpful links and tips, as I'm late to the game here. I've strayed from crafting since 2011 and suddenly felt the urge to create again last week when it was time for my 5 year old niece's class valentines. Back in the day, I pretty much had a good idea what I had, but 4 years later, it was like looking through someone else's stuff for the first time. Lots of "I have this" type gasps as I unearthed my stash in long ago sealed boxes in storage. I never could, back in the day, remember what my phrases and I never had the heart to break apart my sets so that I could store all my phrases and sentiments together. THIS electronic queryable method is absolutely PERFECT!! Thank you everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2015, 04:19 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just signed up for Evernote after seeing all the great ideas on these posts. I started cataloging pictures of my stamps which is so great. The only problem I'm having though is that it doesn't seem to be picking up text within the pictures of my images when I do a search unless the text is tagged. I thought that Evernote was able to find words on its own without you having to tag them. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm basically thinking of this in terms of sentiment stamps and all the image stamps that also have a few sentiments mixed in. That would be a ton of tagging to do! Thanks if anyone has any tips
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampd76View Post
Just signed up for Evernote after seeing all the great ideas on these posts. I started cataloging pictures of my stamps which is so great. The only problem I'm having though is that it doesn't seem to be picking up text within the pictures of my images when I do a search unless the text is tagged. I thought that Evernote was able to find words on its own without you having to tag them. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm basically thinking of this in terms of sentiment stamps and all the image stamps that also have a few sentiments mixed in. That would be a ton of tagging to do! Thanks if anyone has any tips
Yes I have noticed evernote doesn't always seem to pick p on the words, or even thinks a word is there that isn't, maybe because it is jpeg images we have might cause the confusion, even though the program is supposed to know, it does not always work right, but it does really do a pretty good job, you just can't rely on it 100%. I noticed this especially with one stamp the word "Enjoy" would not pick up, but it wasn't written in black, the circle around the word was black so it is as though it could not see it.(Enjoy was white, like if you use a printer or stamp, white actually does not print or pick up ink from your pad, it's like nothing is there).

MY TIP:[COLOR="Purple"]To fix the issue with finding words, phrases, etc in evernote -I have started typing the words that are in the stamp set under the jpeg image, now it finds the word ("Enjoy" in my "Holiday Collection" stamp set) I think this would be much easier then making tags for every word since the word might be found in a phrase[/COLOR]

I am starting mostly with stamp sets that kind of have jumbled letters (Alpahbet Soup) to spell a word or fancy lettering or reverse lettering as explained above, that may not be as easy for the computer to recognize as a word.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Doris, thanks so much. Great idea about adding words to the bottom of the image. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I may go back and de-tag and type in the info under my jpeg! The tags are driving me to distraction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Re the question about changing image size, no you can't do it in Evernote. Love the program, but do think thats one feature they should have built in at the start.I tend to run my images through a photo editing software first, and resize that way. I keep a record of all my stuff on my PC anyway, so that works, but it would be great to have a 'free transform' type function in Evernote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkiView Post
I started using Evernote when I got a tablet. I already had my stamp images stored as files on my laptop, and wanted a way to transfer them over to the tablet. The great thing about Evernote is that through the magic of the Internet you can share between multiple devices.
But what was also great for me is that you can point Evernote to a folder of images on your computer, and it will pull them all in automatically. No need to manually create "notes" for each image. Which for me was a definite timesaver.
There are a couple of things that I wish it was better at, but for the price, it is a great tool.
what do you mean by pointing evernote to a folder of images on your computer... and, how do you do this????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Does anyone have trouble with their desktop application not resetting their monthly limit? I have had this for the past few months. I didn't use it at all in February but it said I was out of space for the entire month. Then this month it reset the time about 2 days ago but it still says I've used my quota for the month. The last time they had me reset the database, which worked, but it took away all of my notes and they had to sync again, which took hours (not sure how many because I finally gave up and went to bed and let it run overnight). I cannot handle doing this every month but the desktop application is the only way I know how to add files that are on my computer.

So I had to do it again and now it's resyncing all of the notes yet again and will probably take all night. It doesn't seem to matter if I have the current version or not.
Nope haven't had that problem, I am on the premium plan since I really like the offline feature and figure the price is worth paying since I love the program so much.
Today when I updated to the new version it looked everything had disappeared though, (that or I just want patient enough for the program to upload). What I did was delete Evernote program then downloaded the program, when I signed back in I was quite surprised how everything came back so quickly.
Just wondering if maybe that reinstalling the program would be faster for you and perhaps fix the problem, make sure you have a backup somewhere first before deleting the program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #55  
Glitter Guru

I was on the premium plan when I started with Evernote, it was free with my phone. I now use the regular plan. I haven't had any trouble with syncing taking more than a minute or two no matter how much I've added.

Sorry it has been such a headache for you!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

That's just crazy Gale, sorry it's not working any better for you.
Trying to think of what else may help, maybe open a different account name and transfer the files. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #57  
Gallery Gazer

OMG! that has got to be so frustrating. They definitely need to step up and resolve the issue. I have over 700 notes, mostly SU! jpeg images so I know that is a lot of time and effort you have put in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

I still can't quite express my gratitude to everyone in this thread! I started this endeavor in mid Feb and took quite a few breaks with inventorying, photographing what images I couldn't find online, and rooting for what I could swear I remember having in the great big black hole that is my crafting area.

Today, I just finished ALL of my dies. I feel like I just gave birth!!

Still to Do:
1) All Punches
2) Copics
3) All Clear/UNM Stamps (I have them in clear CD cases and I have 5 of those long narrow drawers that make up the Jetmax/Recollections Quarter Drawer Cube system) - this is the one I'm dreading the most
4) SU reinkers (since there are quite a few I'm missing)

With what I have completed, here's a screen shot. Due to what I've completed, I've been able to identify what I had doubles of and have listed them for sale. I'm so grateful that some have sold already.

Now, when life is getting in the way of crafting, I can just flick through my phone to see what I have when I'm being inspired by challenges, etc. My SIL and I were just chatting about making gift favor tags for my niece's upcoming bday and I was able to just send her screen shots of my stamp sets that were applicable to what she was looking for.

Once, I'm done with all of this, I'll go back and do all the tagging. It's just so overwhelming otherwise.

Evernote, where the heck have YOU been all my crafting life?
Attached Thumbnails
Evernote Tips and Tricks!-evernote-scrapbooking-rubberstamping-supply-inventory.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

My question is this. If you have a catalog of sets, would you share it? As in an Excell file or whatever? That would save starting from scratch. Thanks. (Daunting task for me would be made more manageable! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Harrah, I would if I can figure out how to do that. I just dont' know if you can also edit a shared file? I'm thinking someone has discussed that.

I just went ahead and plowed away. Did one drawer by drawer of my stamp sets, etc. It goes really fast especially when I was entering ahead of time on my pc, then following up with pics taken on my iphone to attach. Sometimes I found this easier to do rather than searching for images on line to add.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Somewhere on here there is a thread called Evernote supply list sharing- lots of ladies are sharing the lists they have already compiled.Just found it in Mission: Organisation, and linked it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of my friends were talking about this at the Stampaway Convention so I asked DH about it. He uses it a lot and got me started. I may spend the rest of my life loading my stamps into this but I am hooked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #63  
Gallery Gazer

It's well worth organizing your inventory with evernote, you won't regret every minute spent, it is so much easier to look up stuff, pick out which set to use for a project, I could go on and on, I have stuff in Evernote under notebooks such as dies, stamps, embossing folders and also have the stamps tagged, now to add tags to dies and paper, etc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #64  
Glitter Queen

They recently changed their terms for accessing data on more than two devices. It used to be free but it's now $35/year.

It makes me re-think where I want to store info long-term. I don't want to pay that much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

If you have Microsoft Office on any of your computers, you can use their program One Note to do exactly the same as Evernote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #66  
Glitter Queen

Great idea. Wish I did...I've got a mac.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkdmView Post
Great idea. Wish I did...I've got a mac.
I just checked the Mac App store and OneNote is a free download. Hope this helps. I have no idea if they charge to use it later though.

I am a Mac user and I love Evernote, I use it to store tons of things including my grocery lists. I can pull them up in the app on my phone while I'm at the store.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #68  
Glitter Queen

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

The reason I prefer One Note over Evernote, is that One Note allows you to resize images, whereas Evernote doesn't. I often grab images of my products off the 'net, using the Snipping Tool, and that does mean they can be all sorts of sizes. One Note has 'free transform', so I can keep them all roughly the same size. It's the lack of this one feature that really bugs me about Evernote. I even upgraded to the paid version, expecting it to be there, but nope.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 08-16-2016 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #70  
Glitter Queen

That is a great feature. I didn't know it existed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
If you have Microsoft Office on any of your computers, you can use their program One Note to do exactly the same as Evernote.
I have to disagree with you. One Note is not compatible with all devices. It really only works well on a Windows PC and possible their phones (I don't have one of those). They haven't put much effort into the mobile apps for other devices. Also Evernote has a lot more features and is much easier to use than One Note. I used to use One Note at work when it was first introduced many years ago. Since they started offering it for free, Microsoft has really watered down the program and there are a lot less features.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkdmView Post
They recently changed their terms for accessing data on more than two devices. It used to be free but it's now $35/year.

It makes me re-think where I want to store info long-term. I don't want to pay that much.
I don't think that is too much to pay for an app that works really well and allows you to use their servers to store your information securely. You would pay the same or more for a secure reliable backup service. And anyone who stores important data or digital photos on their computer or mobile device should be backing up.

I've been using Evernote for about 7 years and I've paid the subscription fee to have extra upload storage and to store my files offline. I've not regretted the money spent. They keep improving the app too. It's come a long way in 7 years.

I use it for so much more than organizing my stuff. I like having access to all my data in one app on any device I own.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #73  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,125 Likes on 507 Posts

You can resize images in Evernote now - just select the image, and drag to resize from the bottom right corner. So glad they made that change!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
You can resize images in Evernote now - just select the image, and drag to resize from the bottom right corner. So glad they made that change!
Do you know - is this on the desktop version only? I'm on the web version (at work-so I don't have the desktop version here) and can't do that.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

Javagirl984, sorry, I did mean that is was for Windows machines only.
Dini, thats awesome. At last. It was the one feature I felt it lacked. Just been and tried it out, it's great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,125 Likes on 507 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda71View Post
Do you know - is this on the desktop version only? I'm on the web version (at work-so I don't have the desktop version here) and can't do that.
Mmmm... yes, it must just be on the desktop version.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 06:13 PM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 184 Likes on 152 Posts

subbing
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 05:28 AM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Well, now I can re-size in Evernote, thats great. But it seems they still can't please me, lol. . Having resized images, I find that I can't drag them to another spot in a page. I can only do it by cutting and pasting, which is a bit clunky, to my mind.
In One Note, I can just click on an image and move it anywhere on my page.
I think I'm using Evernote a bit differently to most people, because I rarely buy stamp sets. Most of my stamps are single images, so I put all the stamps from one company on a page. So, I like to be able to move them around on the page sometimes, or in this case, when I've made them smaller.
Is there something I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2016, 05:33 AM   #79  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Picture in note...

I notice the pictures are larger than what I'd like- no matter how I get them into the bore- anyone have a thought on this? I'm thinking I'll have to go into PhotoShop and resize them to make them smaller?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2016, 05:37 AM   #80  
Compulsive Stamper

I've just asked this question...didn't see this part. So resizing in a photo editor is the only way then?
Reply With Quote Likes