Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2023, 01:31 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 249 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Evernote Changing/Upgrade

I received this notice from Evernote 4 days ago, Aug. 21. I had finally given in to pay for the annual subscription about 4 years ago, and I did find it to be a handy tool while not being too cumbersome for me. At the new proposed rate, I had to quietly shake my head. I simply don't use it regularly enough to merit more money, although I know that many of us do use it a lot more than I do. Just can't be in my future.
Quote:

We're writing to let you know about an upcoming change to your Evernote Personal subscription.

Also, we're excited to bring you an update on some of the major new features and improvements that are in the pipeline for Evernote. Each one is designed to help you enhance your productivity. The team is working hard to bring them to you in the upcoming months—more on this below.

First, the new pricing. The price of your Annual subscription will change to 129.99 USD per Year. The new price will take effect on your next renewal, 9/18/2023.

By introducing new pricing, we know we risk upsetting valued Evernote customers like you. The change helps us continue improving the performance and reliability of the product we all love, as well as adding exciting new features. Rest assured that you won't be paying more for just the same product—we hope you're going to enjoy what's coming.

Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect…
... ... ...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2023, 02:16 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Will you be able to export your files to something else? I have never used one of these kinds of products, but have thought about it.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2023, 05:08 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 499 Likes on 165 Posts

I only had the free version, never used, and certainly wouldn’t pay that as an annual subscription. I am so sorry for those of you that do use it regularly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2023, 05:40 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 90 Likes on 41 Posts

I only had the free version but I finally gave up on the whole thing. Evernote had gotten so buggy and I am so not tech-savvy. I was constantly frustrated and waiting for the hubs to come help me! That and the fact that you had to use the legacy app to enter anything into Evernote anymore...... what?
I switched to Airtable. It's fantastic! I am still on their free version as well but it feels like I get a lot more for free than I did on Evernote. And (so far at least) NO BUGS!
This is not to say the conversion was easy. I manually entered each and every entry into Airtable myself. However, I was laid up after a foot surgery so I had plenty of time in the recliner to work on it and, after a while, got into a rhythm.
Highly recommend Airtable. Their paid plans are more expensive than Evernote but I don't think I will ever need more than the free plan Airtable offers.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
kazooMI (08-26-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 06:26 PM   #5  
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Will you be able to export your files to something else? I have never used one of these kinds of products, but have thought about it.
Alas, the rest of the notice does not address specific questions such as yours.

Quote:

Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect…

Real-Time Editing. With Real-Time Editing, you'll be able to seamlessly edit a note on multiple devices simultaneously. So if you start typing on your smartphone, for example, you'll immediately see these characters appear on the version that's open on your laptop. And when you share a note with someone else, you can finally all collaborate on it together in real time—reliably. Real-Time Editing is useful for everyone wishing to edit on multiple devices or share their notes with others, and for Teams users in particular. It's coming to you on May 1.

Synchronization technology. We've been working on revamping Evernote's technological foundation to boost the speed and reliability of synchronization. This is an area flagged by Evernote customers over the years, and we're investing heavily to take giant strides forward in this regard. We've now started the phased rollout—you may have already noticed how much smoother the sync experience is. By May 1, we expect all Evernote users to see the frequency of same-note conflicts dramatically reduced (and, in most cases, completely eliminated).

AI assistance. We've been grafting away behind the scenes to add AI capabilities to Evernote. Two powerful new features are on their way shortly: AI Note Cleanup (no need to organize your notes after the meeting—it gets done automatically) and AI Search (input your question, get an answer based on your notes). We're designing these features to enhance your experience with the product to a major degree. All the while, keeping your data safe by implementing the principles of privacy by design and by default. If you love productivity—and really, who here doesn't?—then this could be big for you. We'll start rolling out AI Note Cleanup in May, while AI Search is coming later in 2023.

And more! The innovation doesn't stop there. We're putting in place plans to make Evernote even more useful, and we're excited to start rolling out more improvements for you.

As a loyal Evernote user, we hope you're as excited as we are about the future of the product. Concerning the pricing change, we're notifying all customers who are impacted before their renewal date. No action on your part is required, but you can manage your subscription anytime by visiting your Account Summary.

As always, we're committed to providing quality services to you, and we appreciate your continued support. If you need any help, just reach out or visit the Help Center for more information.

Sincerely,
Your Evernote Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2023, 05:29 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 671 Likes on 422 Posts

the one I had they don't make anymore and they told me that I could keep that plan as long as I paid for it... then this year the cost went up 20 more dollars but, the way it is going I feel like I will never use the storage for the amount I pay, to me what makes it worth it is the search feature.

I am going to buy an external hard drive and start moving the information to it, I have no clue how I would search it. ( I may have to make a bunch of theme folders and have duplicate entries of things)

Like Christmas or Sympathy or you know what I mean right?

I have tried the other one a couple of times trying to create notes in it is hard to me after using evernote for so long ( I only have a free version at airtable) it seems to be an only online thing so, its not like I can just open it up on the desk top and scroll. (or I have not taken the time to understand it correctly but, I probably have too many things for a free version and since I am not in love with it I don't really want to toss money at two organizing inventory programs)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2023, 05:30 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh and when look at importing to airtable, evernote is not one of the programs it will import. :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2023, 05:46 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,950 Posts

They got sold in January to a company from Italy called Bending Spoons. Yes, I just did a search. The search shows the price has doubled.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2023, 10:53 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Nope, it won't import from Evernote. I had to input each and every note myself. It was for the best, though, because I could customize and I really learned how Airtable worked. Not just that but I found a LOT of errors in my Evernote "notes" which I corrected (I am a stickler for that kind of thing)

If you decide to try Airtable again, shoot me a message. I am willing to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (08-26-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 06:24 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,138 Likes on 514 Posts

I had Evernote Plus since 2015 and just this week I got a notification that said "Welcome to Evernote Personal" - so I assume **unless the cats did something while I was out of the room** that Evernote Plus is just gone now. The update seems to run slower, and has some features I don't need, but it seems like they are catering more to business collaborations and organizing notes rather than using the app as a cataloging system. The issue that was frustrating me the most was that the thumbnail images were all switching around, and not showing what was actually in the listing when I click in... I did finally update the app and that seems to be correcting itself. I didn't get an email about the price increase but I see it in my account now, for the next billing date in July 2024.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2023, 06:50 AM   #11  
Demo Challenge Leader

My renewal date was imminent when I received the notice shared above. So I’ve closed my account there so as not to be charged the new amount. Basically it was a lot of time spent on helpful organization, but they are reaching for a new profit on an annual renewal that will naturally cause a bit of fallout. It was okay while it lasted.
Reply With Quote Likes
JBgreendawn (09-02-2023)
Old 09-02-2023, 09:44 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeronaSueView Post
Nope, it won't import from Evernote. I had to input each and every note myself. It was for the best, though, because I could customize and I really learned how Airtable worked. Not just that but I found a LOT of errors in my Evernote "notes" which I corrected (I am a stickler for that kind of thing)

If you decide to try Airtable again, shoot me a message. I am willing to help.
I have over 8K notes in evernote with "sets" counting as 1 so, the idea of doing it all by hand one at a time is a little mind boggling. what I like best about evernote besides the search feature is that i have multiple photographs on most notes so, I am thinking I may be happier making some kind of visual gallery for my self some how with an external hard drive. ( because, at this point I do not know exact set names anymore but, I generally have a pretty good guess on either the MFG or Designer or both)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh and mine says it is evernote personal but, I did only see a 20.00 jump in June/July when it rolled over not the monthly double the cost one. so maybe that is next year?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2023, 10:06 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

WOW! I think you might have to pay in Airtable for that much too!
I have most of my card ideas in Pinterest. My craft studio has two laptops so I can have both opened at the same time. Easy peasy to case a card from Pinterest by checking my airtable to see if I have everything. My biggest challenge with Evernote was how buggy it had become. Having to put things in in Legacy and then check Evernote to see if it was there...crazy. Then on my phone I had more issues! Evernote consistently locked up on me. I have none of those frustrations now.
In another stamping group I am in, a member is creating an Airtable base of all SU current items. I am watching this closely. Hopefully she will share the base and then I can just move what I own into my own Airtable base. I do not think she is on SCS but I will ask her.
I just this morning learned how to print Avery labels thru Airtable. Giant time saver as I reorganize once again!

Last edited by VeronaSue; 09-02-2023 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Stevie (09-08-2023)