Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:44 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD CASES?

I would like to use DVD cases to store my growing inventory of clear (photopolymer) stamps. I know SU sells them, but their price is more than $1 per case and I don't want to spend that much. Any ideas where I can get some?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amazon has a case of 100 for $80. Make sure the cases you buy don't have the hub.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do people think of using those cases? I'm new to stamping, and I keep wondering why everybody is so gaga over the clear envelopes (i.e. Avery Elle) when the SU DVD cases seem so much more practical and easy to get into. Is it just because they are bulkier than the clear envelopes?

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

I ordered 50 (0.78 ea- price changes with quantity) from here 14mm Standard Clear Rubber Stamp Storage Case - 100 Pack - BuyMediaSupply.com VERY nice quality and fast shipping. I looked for a good while trying to find the best value and I couldn't find a group cheaper than this. I'm very happy with them.

I LOVE using the clear DVD cases. I actually need to order more myself. I want to get my metal dies into them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottitudeView Post
What do people think of using those cases? I'm new to stamping, and I keep wondering why everybody is so gaga over the clear envelopes (i.e. Avery Elle) when the SU DVD cases seem so much more practical and easy to get into. Is it just because they are bulkier than the clear envelopes?
People like the Avery Elle/etc. envelopes because they do take up far less room than clamshell cases, CDs, and DVDs...we are all such "collectors" of stamps that we want to get more into less space. Plus it's easy to flip through them and easy to remove stamps from the envelopes. Also easier and lighter to carry them if you are going stamping with friends for a weekend. I admit to having all the ways to store stamps and like the envelopes the best.

I'm putting my dies into them, too, on magnetic sheets (such as recycling pizza/business card magnets).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Personally, I prefer the DVD cases for unmounted stamps. I prefer them to the open ended envelopes. The cases stay shut, I have less of a chance to lose stamps. I am putting dies that don't have envelopes on the Magnet boards from Stamp n Storage and then in the Avery Elle clear envelopes. I store the dies in baskets and I can flip through them. I have plenty of shelving for the stamps and I keep track of them in Evernote.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I love the clear dvd cases like SU's but I cant find anyone that ships them to Canada ... i did see some black dvd cases with no hub on ebay and they will ship to Canada. Has anyone used black ones? Do they drive you nuts because you cant see through them? Just wondering if that might bother me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I love the clear dvd cases like SU's but I cant find anyone that ships them to Canada ... i did see some black dvd cases with no hub on ebay and they will ship to Canada. Has anyone used black ones? Do they drive you nuts because you cant see through them? Just wondering if that might bother me.
I suspect that if you're able to create a label so that you can see what is in each case, it wouldn't be too bad.

I found this guy on eBay who will ship to Canada:
100 Clear Storage Cases 14mm for Rubber Stamps | eBay

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #9  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I bought mine here:
CheckOutStore.com - CDR, DVDR, Paper Sleeves, DVD Cases, Jewel Cases

Great prices. You can get 50 black cases for $30 or 100 black cases for $50 or 200 black cases for $90 and all three options have with free shipping. The service was great, too.

I got black cases because they were only half the price of the clear ones. That way, I could get twice as many cases for the same money and I have a lot of stamps so that was important to me. The black cases don't bother me at all re: not being able to see through them because I label the spine of all of my dvd cases (black or clear) with a Brother labeler, so it really does not matter to me if I can see though the case or not. The way that I store my cases (in a DVD rack), I cannot see through the clear cases anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you ladies for your replies about the black cases. I checked out both links and they are both to the same store, but one is their ebay store which ships to Canada ... the clear ones are $30 more than the black ones with shipping more expensive so I might go with the black. I am in the process of making an index of all my stamps right now so not seeing through the case shouldnt be a big deal. Love my new MISTI for making the index sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

I am fairly new too. I chose the DVD cases. I got mine at TapeOnline.com,
And purchased :

Super Jewel Box King Size One / Two Jewel Box / Rubber Stamp / Die Case

King Size One / Two Jewel Box / Rubber Stamp / Die Case
- See more at: Super Jewel Box Disc Cases King Size One / Two Jewel Box / Rubber Stamp / Die Case | TapeOnline.com

Specifications

Color Clear
Case Type Super King Jewel Box
Capacity 1 Disc
Model King Size One / Two Jewel Box / Rubber Stamp / Die Case
Description

Super Jewel Box King Size One/Two Jewel Box - 32.C

The Super Jewel Box King Size One/Two was designed by the same group responsible for the original CD case.

Other Uses

The King Size One/Two Jewel box is also an excellent choice for those looking to store rubber stamps. To help keep your metal dies organized, consider a 20 mil Magnetic Sheet to go inside.

NOTE: This product does NOT have an outer sleeve overlay for inserts.

King Size One/Two Features
Holds one or two discs on a single hub (tray with hub not included)
10mm
Thick plastic for increased durability and protection
Enlarged hinges
Complete visibility of graphics on all sides
Slim profile allows for more compact storage of discs
Holds up to 32-page booklet
Accepted by the DVD industry
Can be used on automatic high-speed packing machines
Dimensions: 19.9 cm tall x 14 cm wide x 1 cm thick‬ / 7.834" tall x 5.511" wide x 0.393" thick
Made of clear transparent high grade polystyrene
International Customers: Super jewel cases are light and fragile. International shipping is brutal and expensive. In fact, it's very likely that the cost of shipping is going to exceed the cost of the cases. We understand how you might think this is just an excuse we use to extract cash out of your wallet, but nothing could be further from the truth. Lost and damaged packages do neither of us any good. So, though it is expensive, it is far cheaper to ship these with a reliable carrier and packed for the rough and tumble world beyond our borders. We hope you understand.

Domestic Customers: We know shipping costs can sometimes seem brutal right here within our borders, too. While FedEx Ground is our standard method of delivering products (and, believe it or not, usually the least expensive), we would be happy to investigate other options upon request. Simply leave a note in the comments section of your order, or call ahead at 877-893-8273, extension 431.

TOL Part #: Super Jewel Box King Tray
Manufacturer's Part #: 32.C
Model: King Size One / Two Jewel Box / Rubber Stamp / Die Case
Product ID: 2636
- See more at: http://www.tapeonline.com/products/s...l-box-cd-dvd-c
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

TapeOnline.com also makes the magnetic sheets that fit the cases exactly with adhesive on one side.

Generic Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"

Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"

Generic Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"

Price: $0.99

Read the Reviews (27)
Quantity:

0 19
Description Reviews
Specifications

Thickness 20 mil
Size 4.75 x 7 Inches
Model Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"
Description

Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4. 75 x 7"

These 20 mil magnetic sheets measure 4.75" x 7" - the perfect size to fit our Super Jewel Box Case - no trimming required! Just peel off the adhesive back, attach to the case, and done!

The 20 mil flexible sheet can be easily cut with scissors, so your crafting possibilities are endless.

TOL Part #: Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"
Manufacturer's Part #: Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"
Model: Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7"
Product ID: 3720
- See more at: Generic Magnetic Sheets Adhesive Faced Magnetic Sheet - 4.75 x 7" | TapeOnline.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Sorry to overload with info but I spent hours researching this and just wanted to share. They also sell the spine inserts in sheets that you can laser print the titles on.

They have responded to Stampers and die storage by creating these cases and already made magnetic inserts for dies. The cases sell for $.88 each and the magnetic sheets for $.99 each.

No I have no affiliation with them at all. Just a satisfied customer.

Last edited by Keeli; 03-09-2015 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 03:02 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeliView Post
Sorry to overload with info but I spent hours researching this and just wanted to share. They also sell the spine inserts in sheets that you can laser print the titles on.

They have responded to Stampers and die storage by creating these cases and already made magnetic inserts for dies. The cases sell for $.88 each and the magnetic sheets for $.99 each.

No I have no affiliation with them at all. Just a satisfied customer.
Not to worry, no information overload. Information = good!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Those magnetic sheets from Tape online look interesting. I have some of my dies in DVD cases but was getting tired of cutting the magnetic inside and of the adhesive not sticking well. I was considering ordering the stampnstorage die storage but with this I could continue using all those DVD cases I bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

I ordered 100 of the magnetic sheets today. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

My project next week is to put the magnetic sheets in the containers and then get my dies in there. Wish me energy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeliView Post
My project next week is to put the magnetic sheets in the containers and then get my dies in there. Wish me energy!
I have most of my dies in cd cases. I find them in the thrift store for 10 cents. I line the inside with adhesive magnetic sheets. This works well for me, I cut the packaging for the picture of the die and run it thru the xyron and place that on the front of the CD. I do label the spine with which dies are in the CD cases. I have some stamps I them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Red face

Thanks for the tip on running the packing for the die thru the xyron then sticking to the DVD cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by deenurseView Post
I have most of my dies in cd cases. I find them in the thrift store for 10 cents. I line the inside with adhesive magnetic sheets. This works well for me, I cut the packaging for the picture of the die and run it thru the xyron and place that on the front of the CD. I do label the spine with which dies are in the CD cases. I have some stamps I them as well.
Wow, I need to go to your thrift store! My timing with thrift stores always seems to be 'off'. A stamper I know told me she found a Grand Calibur super cheap at our local VV the other day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummergirlredView Post
I ordered 50 (0.78 ea- price changes with quantity) from here 14mm Standard Clear Rubber Stamp Storage Case - 100 Pack - BuyMediaSupply.com VERY nice quality and fast shipping. I looked for a good while trying to find the best value and I couldn't find a group cheaper than this. I'm very happy with them.

I LOVE using the clear DVD cases. I actually need to order more myself. I want to get my metal dies into them as well.

I just ordered these a couple of weeks ago. Great price and super fast free shipping. I like these cases much better than the Stampin Up cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

I am on my second case of 100. Maybe I have too many stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapaddieView Post
I am on my second case of 100. Maybe I have too many stamps!
No such thing!:-D

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #24  
Cardstock Collector

I actually had a box of old xbox games for a system my boys don't use anymore and was able to convert those for some of my older SU sets...
Reply With Quote Likes