Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dining room/scrap room

We are probably going to be moving this summer. I will have a dining room that will have to be part dining room and part scrapbook room. Does anyone have any pictures of scrap areas like this? I am looking for any cool ideas.
Project 365 blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MOVING...

When we moved last summer...I made sure that the kitchen was big enough for my dining room table and the "formal" dining room is now my studio space...at our last house the kitchen wasn't big enough for the dining room table...but...I was lucky enough to have a family room and a "formal" living room and the living room was my studio space...I will NEVER share again...I DO like having it open to the rest of the house...I know that many people do not, but it helps keep me accountable to keeping it clean and straightened up...plus it makes it much easier to teach classes...and the kids do their homework at the table in here sometimes to keep me company while I work in the evenings...

Twila
2011 Artisan Award Finalist

My 100% SU! Blog: www.thestampingspot.blogspot.com

My Website: www.twilamooneyham.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

My dining room is also my craft room I have a buffet and a china cabinet that I use for my craft supplies. I also have 3 of those 6 drawer rolling carts from walmart to store the rest of my supplies in. When I am done crafting everything has its place and we still have a dining room for eating dinner Good luck

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 816 Likes on 534 Posts

My dining room is also my stamping area. I try to keep everything on the far end of the table away from the front door but inevitably, it creeps all the way down the table :p

I'm lucky that it doesn't bother DH but it's starting to drive me nuts!

Looking forward to seeing anybody else's ideas/pictures.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an area in our formal living space that also houses our stereo system and my hubbys work desk. Somehow I always end up working at our kitchen table that looks into the tv room. It is always a disaster and I have lovely storage in the craft area just no TV. Good luck with your move and new space.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I have an open concept and my dinette table is off the kitchen . That is where I work.
My Iris drawer carts are against the end wall. They are also all on wheels so If I am having guests for dinner I can push them into my bedroom.
Actually it is quite efficient.
The drawers with supplies are behind me as I work and kitchen sink is within steps to rinse off stamps or paint brushes . The coffee pot is nearby and I can see my TV if I want to watch something as I work. I can't miss my beloved Packer games LOL .
I have a lighted ceiling fan over the table .
I put everything back in it's place as soon as I finish .
If I can't finish a project in one go I put everything I was using in a 12" x 12" plastic box I bought at HL and put that in my closet .
My punches are under my bed and my paper is in a rolling file cart like this that I keep in my closet

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...-Folding-File/

I just roll it to the dinette when I am working and all of my paper is handy.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-05-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my dining room table which is a love/hate relationship. My stamps are in metal DVD tins on a decorative CD metal cd rack left from when DH was single. Beside my dining room is a walk through pantry to the kitchen, a little closet really. I use one cupboard to store my papers, cutter, and Big Shot. In the kitchen, I have one of the old built in desks which was a waste of space so we put in an ikea 6 drawer unit beneath it which fits perfectly. That has all my smaller supplies and embellishments.

I find I love the fact that DH and I are together in the evenings and I'm not shut away in a different part of the house. The light is also pretty good and I have a fabulously big table to work on. Unfortunately, the table is the first thing you can see from my entrance and even though the rest of the house is tidy, it does make my house look messy. (It does get cleaned up every Wednesday night but that doesn't last long!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

This is my craft area. We have a long living room/dining room area and the tv wall unit splits the room up. We always have had the dining room as a computer area because of the kids (not wanting them isolated while they were on the computer) and it ended up my craft room.

The only difference between the room shown on my blog and now is I use clear boxes, I have a Big Shot instead of the Cuttlebug and they are now stored on a shelf directly behind my desk. Where they were in the picture is now all my stamp storage dvd type.

I prefer it over a separate room as I really hate being isolated. This way I can sit and work and listen to what is going on around me. If there is something on tv I want to watch while I am working I just take it into the family room/office and work on my desk in there.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I have a wall in the dining room, in the middle is a welsh dresser filled with baskets and tins (full of stash!) to look pretty - it's flanked by expedits with the suede-effect boxes inside to hide the rest of the stash. Only stuff on display is a cube of 12x12 magazine holders with kits in (!) and another cube which has robo, bug, camera printer and associated bits in so I can pull them out.
Look pretty tidy when I've not been creating :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes