Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Copic Refill Storage

I am struggling to find a storage option for my Copic refills. I want to be able to put them in numerical order by color family, if possible. It seems like any container I put them in has them all falling down and becoming a huge mess. How do you store the refills?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2018, 02:30 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am beginning to add on to my Copic line as markers are needing to be refilled. I have them stored in this from Amazon..and I love it.

Robot Check
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

This is what I store mine in, I can get about 200 refills in there. And the box is the perfect size for them to stand upright.

https://www.staples.com/Really-Usefu...product_673234
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought these:

But the Container Store's accessories box fits the refills perfectly, and are a lot cheaper. I should have just stuck with those.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,299 Likes on 2,486 Posts

I too use the Copic refill case like Sue just bought and I have 4 or 5 of them in a wire basket that sits on my shelf. I also use the similar cases for my sketch markers and keep them in one of the colorful boxes with a flip lid that you can get at Mikes or Joanne's or Tuesday Morning. I have some cases that hold 24 and some 48 and I arrange them all in the box. I took measurements of the cases arranged and found a box that is within a half inch. There are so many different sizes of boxes, but you just have to look a bit. Same for the wire basket for the refill cases.

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 04-13-2018 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I just bought these:

But the Container Store's accessories box fits the refills perfectly, and are a lot cheaper. I should have just stuck with those.

Yes, for $1.79 aren't they great - and not hinged. (I'm anti-hinges unless a tiny box.) Grouping them loosely by color family - ROYGBIV - works for me since they're only used once in a blue moon. Some are banded together with thinner Plasti-Bands (thinner than rubber bands).

I have a tendency to over organize, so remind myself shuffling through a box for something occasionally is fine - and even fun. But the line between under- and over-organizing is different for everyone.

I wouldn't want separate slots since I'd have to move them to accommodate new ones, though leaving spaces between colors could work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

How many refills fit in the Container store box? Do they stand up in the box? I am having a hard time imagining how big this box is and how this stores the refills.TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 04:23 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
How many refills fit in the Container store box? Do they stand up in the box? I am having a hard time imagining how big this box is and how this stores the refills.TIA

Did you see the measurements and photos on The Container Store site? Markers are shown in a photo. I think of it as about half and then some of their woman's shoe box. (Sometimes I use a tape measure on a table to imagine size, putting objects at the ends, if that makes sense.)

The refills lay flat. The box is 7-1/2 x 6-1/2 x 3-5/8 high. imagine it as roughly half of their woman's shoe box, but it's actually larger.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/our...ccessory%20box

Their woman's shoebox would hold more, with a chipboard divider in the center if wanted. But while I don't care about precise placement of refills, others do, so this storage wouldn't appeal to some. I use labeled Container Store boxes of many sizes for some office/home/garage storage. You can see various sizes in one of the photos in the link below.

Shoebox: https://www.containerstore.com/s/our...3&q=Shoe%20box

I'll try to count how many Copics fit in an accessory box later. If I grew out of it I'd just use another box, separating ROYG from BIV+ neutrals. But I'm never going to have a giant collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Thank you for all of the information. I've been trying to find something where the refills will stand upright. I know in my head that they won't spill but also do worry about it, too. Yesterday I spent more time than I care to admit cleaning the dried, spilled, TH alcohol ink off of the small drawers that I stored them in. I moved my inks into the new tin and was surprised to see some of them had leaked without my knowledge. It was a painful reminder to be sure the caps are on tight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 05:10 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

You should get what eases your mind and works for you. : ) That said, my Copics teacher who's been teaching for 20 years (?), has hers lying flat in bins. And maybe keep in mind that Copics are made to be stored flat (though vertical is okay), but liquids in little bottles are not. I also have Tim alcohol tins for my alcohol inks and other little bottles, and love them.

BTW, on their revamped website, Copics seems to have recently changed their advice a bit about storage:
"How the Copic markers should be stored? Flat or vertical?Basically it would make no big difference whether you store your markers either upright or on their side as long as the ink is nearly-filled, but we recommend you to keep Copic flat. In our pre-made sets, markers are placed with the “Super Brush” nib side up."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

There�s a store on Etsy called TJandThings who sells perfectly shaped inserts for. Optic refills and markets. You choose the container of choice and the put the insert inside. Each opening holds the refill/marker safely upright.

Example: https://www.etsy.com/listing/4768871...home_active_15

They will sell you a plastic storage container if you want. They also make one for the IKEA cart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2021, 03:09 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I store these ink refills in a translucent plastic case. Instead of purchasing a brand new marker, refilling it is more cost-effective and time-saving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2022, 04:22 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought this box from Michaels online. It folds flat and is great for my refills but I think its discontinued. I put matboard dividers in it to separate the rows.
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Refill Storage-20210105_194701.jpg   Copic Refill Storage-20210105_194621.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes