Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Thanks!!! I was thinking metal..lol Great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

What a nifty idea you had. It looks very business like and should last for a long time.

I think I will try one like it only put a shim under the bottom row so they will angle slightly to help keep them in....I am a clutz.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouseView Post
What a nifty idea you had. It looks very business like and should last for a long time.

I think I will try one like it only put a shim under the bottom row so they will angle slightly to help keep them in....I am a clutz.
Same here, Already showed it to dh for him to make me one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #164  
Matboard Maniac

Actually, I did have DH put a little piece of the foamboard across it near the front; it leans ever so slightly backwards to keep the pens from slipping forward.

Glad y'all like it; I just love it. In fact, I put him to work today making me another unit with the 8 pipe lengths left over. I'm going to put my Microns, Prisma markers, Tombows and such in it. I'd thought about one for my Primsa Pencils, but I like them stored tip up vertically so I can see the colors. I currently have them in cute coffee mugs I got at the thrift store for like a quarter a piece and really like them like that.

If yer DH's have any questions, let me know and I'll ask mine. I'm more than happy to "share the wealth", LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #165  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamhView Post
I have looked high and low for the perfect copic storage solution. I own 240 markers and some extras, give or take. I've had them stored all kinds of ways as the collection has grown and never felt pleased. I like the AMuse enamel buckets, but it took two and I wanted them all in one place. I also need to be able to transport them back and forth to teach as well as use them at home. So... I made this tote.

Now, I'm NO seamstress, but I can sew a straight line. I got some quilted fabric, a zipper and straps to make handles, drew out a rough pattern and sewed this last Friday night. The bottom and sides are reinforced with plastic I re-purposed from a Cropper Hopper paper holder. It took three hours. Not too bad, I think. Sewed the zipper backwards, but it works just fine. On the inside, I used some re-purposed Cropper Hopper photo holders, cut the sides off and made stand up marker cases. Everything fits in there perfectly and there is room to grow. There is about three inches left on the top and I have a clear tray that fits in there nicely to store more goodies before closing it all up.

I hope this will inspire you to make your own storage that totally suits you. Often I find myself retro-fitting some other product to suit me. Not this time. I'm thrilled. Happy Coloring.

I was very much inspired by the Creative Memories tote Sally shared. Total supply cost for this project was $15 using a Joann's coupon.

Attachment 173208

ACK! I caved. I've outgrown this already! It's still perfect for transporting most of my markers.... BUT (and there always seems to be a BUT) I moved to the Studio 3 Color Cubbies. Just waiting for them to arrive. The growing collection will be happy there and I'll have to be selective on which ones I transport around. Sigh! But a happy dance for what I think is going to be the FINAL solution. ;) Much thanks to Sharon and the whole host of enablers in here for inspiring the purchase. Tee hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #166  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle328View Post
Actually, I did have DH put a little piece of the foamboard across it near the front; it leans ever so slightly backwards to keep the pens from slipping forward.

Glad y'all like it; I just love it. In fact, I put him to work today making me another unit with the 8 pipe lengths left over. I'm going to put my Microns, Prisma markers, Tombows and such in it. I'd thought about one for my Primsa Pencils, but I like them stored tip up vertically so I can see the colors. I currently have them in cute coffee mugs I got at the thrift store for like a quarter a piece and really like them like that.

If yer DH's have any questions, let me know and I'll ask mine. I'm more than happy to "share the wealth", LOL
So do I understand you that he cut the downspout with a craft knife, not a saw? How did he smooth the edges so they weren't sharp? Thanks,

Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #167  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I love all the different ideas I have seen here. I am very detailed and like to have my Copics in color families and by number. I follow the Copic Color chart. That helps me know what I have and shading is easy because the colors are right next to each other. The boxes are the acrylic ones with individual slots for each marker. I got two of mine from Oozak for about 8 dollars each and the other from Jerry's Artarama for the same price. They sit right in front of me under my computer monitor as I use them daily!
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Marker Organization-dscn2444.jpg   Copic Marker Organization-dscn2445.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Wow-that downspout idea is great and not just for copics!!
is there a photo of this cute idea?
thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #169  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
is there a photo of this cute idea?
thanks
yep! On page 4, post # 160...

GREAT IDEA!! I've been looking for a storage solution that was cheap and this may be it!!! THANKS for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #170  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Attachment 182694

Attachment 182695This is something I pondered for a while. I finally decided I wanted horizontal storage because I can see the ends better (I'm a little short on one end, LOL) so it's easier than having to look down on vertical pens.

Also, didn't want to spend a ton of $$ because I'd rather spend it on supplies. I saw where another poster had used round ABS pipe and was going to go that way but then I thought of downspout. It's more rectangular (with round corners), so there wouldn't be so much wasted space, and it's thinner so it wouldn't be so heavy.

A 10' length cost just under $10. I had DH cut it into lengths about 5.5 inches long, so the ends of the markers would stick out, making them easier to pull out. That gave us 23 "cups". We got a piece of foam board for about $3 or so, and DH cut it for a backer and a "bottomer" for want of a better word. A can of plastic adhesive (it's potent, use in a well ventilated area!)

Here's a couple pix of the finished product, there are 15 cups with room for more if I need them in the future. I've been using it for a week or so and love it more every day. I've asked DH to use the other 8 to make another unit for my other markers and pens.
FABULOUS!!!!!! I just showed this to my hubby. I think a trip to the home improvement store is in the near future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #171  
Kookie Creator

Default Finally....

I have been really busy cleaning up my craft area. I had been lazy and not putting things away plus, I have been shopping, shopping and not organizing anything. I decided to clean up and put away all my new stuff.

Anyway, I posted earlier (in #157) that I really like the Copic containers as I liked the markers in Copic Chart order. I picked up a basket from Michael's that is perfect and holds all three of my containers. I put a bit of "anti-slip" under them and now I can carry them anywhere in the house (instead of making multiple trips).

As promised....these pics are of the basket loaded.

Cat
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Marker Organization-img_3423.jpg   Copic Marker Organization-img_3424.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

what does the red line on each marker stand for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #173  
Kookie Creator

Default Red line...

I put thin red tape around each marker. My favorite craft store (Be Creative in Pitt Meadows) has her's marked so she knows they belong to the store.

I have been to classes and stores where students/shoppers bring their own markers and I did this to identify they are mine and not get confused with someone else if in a group setting.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #174  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahruth1View Post
So do I understand you that he cut the downspout with a craft knife, not a saw? How did he smooth the edges so they weren't sharp? Thanks,

Debbie
Actually, he cut the down spout with a chop saw. The cut edges weren't terribly sharp or rough but if they had been, a little sanding block would have taken care of it easily. The PVC is sturdy but is not difficult to work with at all.

He used the craft knife on the foam board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #175  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Attachment 182694

Attachment 182695This is something I pondered for a while. I finally decided I wanted horizontal storage because I can see the ends better (I'm a little short on one end, LOL) so it's easier than having to look down on vertical pens.

Also, didn't want to spend a ton of $$ because I'd rather spend it on supplies. I saw where another poster had used round ABS pipe and was going to go that way but then I thought of downspout. It's more rectangular (with round corners), so there wouldn't be so much wasted space, and it's thinner so it wouldn't be so heavy.

A 10' length cost just under $10. I had DH cut it into lengths about 5.5 inches long, so the ends of the markers would stick out, making them easier to pull out. That gave us 23 "cups". We got a piece of foam board for about $3 or so, and DH cut it for a backer and a "bottomer" for want of a better word. A can of plastic adhesive (it's potent, use in a well ventilated area!)

Here's a couple pix of the finished product, there are 15 cups with room for more if I need them in the future. I've been using it for a week or so and love it more every day. I've asked DH to use the other 8 to make another unit for my other markers and pens.
This is a great idea and I love it!! I have been looking for a cheap option for storing my Copics. For the same reason you mentioned, saving for supplies instead. Thanks so much for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
I put thin red tape around each marker. My favorite craft store (Be Creative in Pitt Meadows) has her's marked so she knows they belong to the store.

I have been to classes and stores where students/shoppers bring their own markers and I did this to identify they are mine and not get confused with someone else if in a group setting.

Cathy
i do the same thing w/ blue painter's tape
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #177  
Matboard Maniac

I just bought one of these at Target: http://www.target.com/Metal-All-Purp...archPage=1&rh=

My 100+ Copics fit with plenty of room. I keep my markers in my studio, but when I'm coloring things like Christmas cards, I like to take them to the living room. I'll have to put some more dividers in there since I like them organized by color and number, but for $11.99, it works for me. And it's PINK! They have other colors, too.

CindyB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #178  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLeeView Post
Yep!!! TWO things now in my disaster of a craft room that are actually organized!!!! LOL My inkpads and now my Copics..........of course the rest of my room is a major MESS!! LOL

Im so jealous of these!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #179  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

At long last, I'm able to add a bit to my beloved Copic collection. Yay!
I've used the same system shown in Lee's first post of the thread, ever since my early beginnings with the world of Copics.

Alas, I've searched the net repeatedly recently ... and they're just no longer available.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-19-2010 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #180  
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
At long last, I'm able to add a bit to my beloved Copic collection. Yay!
I've used the same system shown in Lee's first post of the thread, ever since my early beginnings with the world of Copics.

Alas, I've searched the net repeatedly recently ... and they're just no longer available.
Oh no!! Really?? 'Cuz I also have added a LOT of new Copics and I need another one!!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #181  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamhView Post
ACK! I caved. I've outgrown this already! It's still perfect for transporting most of my markers.... BUT (and there always seems to be a BUT) I moved to the Studio 3 Color Cubbies. Just waiting for them to arrive. The growing collection will be happy there and I'll have to be selective on which ones I transport around. Sigh! But a happy dance for what I think is going to be the FINAL solution. ;) Much thanks to Sharon and the whole host of enablers in here for inspiring the purchase. Tee hee!

I've got 4 Studio 3 copic cubbies waiting for me across the border in the US!!! I expect to get them Monday or Tuesday!! I can't wait!!! I think it will be my final solution too!! I've got a lot.................;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #182  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLeeView Post
Oh no!! Really?? 'Cuz I also have added a LOT of new Copics and I need another one!!!! :lol:
If you take out the bottom drawer and store all the browns and grays in that space, you should be able to get just about every sketch marker made in the unit.

I'm only short a few grays and flourescents to complete the sketch set and they all fit for me. Except the new set of 12 of the super light, lights. Those I keep in the box they came in. ;)

I have SIX of those units empty in my studio just waiting for DH to hang them on the wall for me. :rolleyes:

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #183  
Gabfest Goddess

I went with the Color Cubbies, and LOVE them! I stacked them. *** I have added more Copics since the post, and I still have room to add a lot more!

Copic Marker Organization-patterscubbiesa.jpg

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 06-21-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Removed offsite link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #184  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ohhh my studio 3 copic cubbies arrived today - I got 4 of them -and they are pretty much full!! Worth every penny!!! Now they are easily accesible!! Now - if I can just get my ribbon etc etc organized -and finished de junking!! sigh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #185  
VSN Coordinator

Yaaaay Deb!!! How fun!!!! Hubby says he's working on some design to make a Copic holder for me........I have no idea what! LOL

OMGosh I hear ya on the ribbon.........and dp..........and, and, and............;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #186  
Hardware Hotshot

Love this...wish we had a Target here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintagechickView Post
I just bought one of these at Target: http://www.target.com/Metal-All-Purp...archPage=1&rh=

My 100+ Copics fit with plenty of room. I keep my markers in my studio, but when I'm coloring things like Christmas cards, I like to take them to the living room. I'll have to put some more dividers in there since I like them organized by color and number, but for $11.99, it works for me. And it's PINK! They have other colors, too.

CindyB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

grrrrrr, we are blocked from Target here at the office -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

better price than the pail from amuse. i spent $30 on that. and silly me has 2!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #189  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tangerine Dream
Default My Copic Storage using the drain spouts...

I used Michelle's idea and sent hubby to home depot for some "plastic" downspout. Then we went and got some paint so it will look pretty in my room. I'm still looking for a way to finish off the look, and I'll be adding a 5th column, but here is my version...

Michelle my hubby, my copic addiction and my wallet thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Marker Organization-img_7864.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #190  
Matboard Maniac

I'm going the plastic downspout way, I will be using it two ways. I have the embellishment center and I hate having to put my ribbon spools on those rods. So going to use the downspout for ribbon storage. Then some for the copic storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #191  
Cardstock Collector

Woohoo, Tangii! It looks great. Mine's still plain white, but once DH has the garage converted for me, I'll put together a color scheme and "do" something with it. I did have him put the remaining pieces together for my other markers; I just love how easy to use, light and functional they are.

And Penny, would love to see some pix when you get yours done...can't quite envision how it could be useful for ribbon storage but it certainly sounds promising.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #192  
VSN Coordinator

Oh the downspout design is soooo cool!!!!!

Hubby's building me one..........it will take a while, but when he's done I'll post a pic. He's making it out of wood and using a drill press to make individual marker slots and it will hang up on the wall next to the inkpad holder he made me! I can't wait!!! For now I'm using a fair size plastic container turned on it's side since I have 284 Copics with just a few more to collect!!!! Yaaay!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #193  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle32855View Post
Woohoo, Tangii! It looks great. Mine's still plain white, but once DH has the garage converted for me, I'll put together a color scheme and "do" something with it. I did have him put the remaining pieces together for my other markers; I just love how easy to use, light and functional they are.

And Penny, would love to see some pix when you get yours done...can't quite envision how it could be useful for ribbon storage but it certainly sounds promising.
Check out the pics here. Forums at Splitcoaststampers

You can see the rain gutter on the wall with the ribbon in it. Will be so much easier to use I think then putting it on a rod. This way you can take the ribbon to where you are working. I hate guessing how much I'm going to need and cutting it off the spool. Also I have found the ribbon tends to unwind when its on the rod. It can be a real pain constantly rewinding the ribbons. The rain gutter looks like a fantastic way to store ribbon. Can make any length needed and can also paint to match room. (Though white is my secondary color in my room, so don't have to paint).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #194  
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
Check out the pics here. Forums at Splitcoaststampers

You can see the rain gutter on the wall with the ribbon in it. Will be so much easier to use I think then putting it on a rod. This way you can take the ribbon to where you are working. I hate guessing how much I'm going to need and cutting it off the spool. Also I have found the ribbon tends to unwind when its on the rod. It can be a real pain constantly rewinding the ribbons. The rain gutter looks like a fantastic way to store ribbon. Can make any length needed and can also paint to match room. (Though white is my secondary color in my room, so don't have to paint).
OHHHHHHHH WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Color me amazed and jealous!!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #195  
Compulsive Stamper

I have my copics in these:

http://www.snapware.com/W-60882044.html

I didn't pay this price I found them at Odd Lots for $3.50 a set and bought three sets. They will all stack together and I can take them with me without worrying about losing them.

I also have this:

http://www.snapware.com/W-60623032.html with my stamps, ink pad and blocks I've also got my refills in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #196  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmudgeroonieView Post

Just thought you might like to see what my wonderful husband has made me -all in secret. The unit is made out of MDF, stained and varnished, and each layer has green baize on the bottom so I can put it on a table without scratching it.
That was so sweet of him. He did a beautiful job. I like the idea of the trays. You are a lucky girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #197  
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=Catrick;16695151

Anyway, I posted earlier (in #157) that I really like the Copic containers as I liked the markers in Copic Chart order. I picked up a basket from Michael's that is perfect and holds all three of my containers. I put a bit of "anti-slip" under them and now I can carry them anywhere in the house (instead of making multiple trips).

Cat[/QUOTE]

Love this Cat,

I couldn't quite get the picture of the basket in my head it is nice to see it. I thought it would be taller and not work so well. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #198  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

I went with the Target bucket...I bought red,,,the only color with out a bent carrying handle.....but my favorite so that was ok....I am going to put a layer of foam in the bottom of each divided space to keep the markers from rattling and it will also boost them up so they are easy to pick up.
I plan to decorate the bucket/carry thingy with ribbons in my favorite patriotic themes.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #199  
Matboard Maniac

I saw this somewhere else but cannot remember where so if the person that made this is reading this, thank you! I love this storage option. I just got it done today. It is an Art Bin organizer and grid that goes over a flourescent light fixture. I have room for 22 more markers. I need the flourescent colors and one gray and I will have them all!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!
Name:  IMG_0024-1-1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  18.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0025-1-1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  29.1 KB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #200  
Inking Addict

What are the measurements on the Art Bin Storage Unit? I don't think I have seen one that deep.
Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes