Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thanks so much

I realize it's going to be a big job at first, but hoping to get it all in an easy to find/store manner. With over 4000 regular stamps and at least 400 SU sets, this needs to be done. Will purge first. Originally stored in a small tote (haha), moved to the 11x14 or 16x20 acrylic box frames, and then to pizza boxes. But need to cut out all that extra space and I think this is going to be THE WAY to do it. I've already got the pockets, laminator, and of course stamps. Five minutes before seeing your post (decided to do one more look at different ways to store), we were ready to order 100 DVD boxes. thank so much!,
Quote:

Originally Posted by klb1082View Post
My preference is #2. After unmounting my collection of wood stamps, they have been incorporated into the same storage system as my acrylic/plastic stamps. Using the Evernote app, I keep a running inventory of all my stamps. This system works great for me.

When I purchase new stamps (wood mounted or otherwise) they immediately get cataloged and put into the system. Fair warning, it was pretty costly and time consuming to set up, but it saves me SO MUCH time and space this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Kari,
What brand are these drawers? Size? I looked for the question part of your post ("preference #2) to see if I could figure it out, but could not. Also, what type of sleeves are your stamps stored in? It looks as if there is a stamped cover sheet of the set itself, then in an envelope sleeve, then in a box/bin, then in a drawer. Can you give me specifics? I have got to do something with my jillion and one stamps and I need to have a plan before I start taking them off blocks. I am going to bare rubber unless they are clear/cling SU stamps in DVD cases already, or photopolymer.
Thank you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 04:13 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Drawers

The drawers are Sterlite and the unit is about 24-28 inches tall. I got it at Walmart several years ago. They still have them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Thank you. I have two sets of these drawers, but they won't hold two shoe boxes, so perhaps your units are wider than mine. Mine are 24" tall, but only 12" or so wide. What about the plastic sleeves the stamps are in, as well as the boxes? At first I thought they were photo boxes because of the label holder, but some don't have that and they do not look as wide as a photo box. Some look as if they are cardboard shoe boxes. This looks like a set-up that will work for me without a great expense, so if you can help me figure it out, or if it is on another post, please direct me. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by brookskaren; 08-13-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Envelopes

Sorry! I get the poly envelopes from my Close to my Heart lady. They sell empty envelopes for 6x6 papers or pads in 3-packs. The work perfectly in my system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

My preference is #2. After unmounting my collection of wood stamps, they have been incorporated into the same storage system as my acrylic/plastic stamps. Using the Evernote app, I keep a running inventory of all my stamps. This system works great for me.

When I purchase new stamps (wood mounted or otherwise) they immediately get cataloged and put into the system. Fair warning, it was pretty costly and time consuming to set up, but it saves me SO MUCH time and space this way.
Looks so nice. I have a lot of old wood mounted stampin up sets. I already use evernote (recommend this to everyone - I've tagged them with searchable keywords birthday, thank you, etc).
My question is are these bare rubber? Do you think it would work with the avery elle pouches? And if so, what size of the pouches would you recommend?

Thanks

Last edited by RCarter; 01-22-2018 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: found some answers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2018, 03:04 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Robin.

This was a big job, but SO worth it. Yes, Evernote rocks! I am using it for other inventories as well and just love it more all the time.

First, none of my stamps are bare rubber. I removed the rubber from the foam on the wood block. Then the rubber stamp was backed with EZ-Mount foam. It's available from Amazon, Crafter's Companion, and Michael's has their own brand (Recollections), but I have not tried that brand. My preference is the EZ Mount Static Cling foam in original thickness. I use a Misti for stamping and find the 1/8" thickness a bit difficult.

This storage method should work with the Avery Elle pouches as well. The CTMH envelopes I use are 6.5" x 6.5" which allows for stamps on both sides of the sheet inside. You could use the small size pouches, but I would probably use the large so even huge stamps will fit into the system.
The attached photo is a fully stuffed envelope. This one has full thickness rubber stamps on both sides of the sheet, and magnetic sheets holding the matching dies.

Have fun organizing and let me know if I can be of further help.
Attached Thumbnails
converting wood mount stamps to cling mount-img_3582.jpg   converting wood mount stamps to cling mount-img_3583.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Can you explain to me why you took the rubber off of the foam when you uncounted them? What is different about using the EZ mount foam? Is it the thickness?

I started unmounting my wooden Stampin Up stamps, but left them on the foam, with the stickers. Then I painted them with watered down TIOO.

I don’t want to do jillion’s of stamps, and then find out there is a fatal flaw in my system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

I put mine all in the Avery Elle 5.5 x 7.25 pockets; they fit perfectly and are perfect for the fridge bins too. The ones coming off wood are all bare and it works for me so far with my Misti or just acrylic blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

I'm curious, Robin, when you say the 1/8" thickness is difficult - is it too much or too little? Thanks!

Quote:

Hi Robin.

This was a big job, but SO worth it. Yes, Evernote rocks! I am using it for other inventories as well and just love it more all the time.

First, none of my stamps are bare rubber. I removed the rubber from the foam on the wood block. Then the rubber stamp was backed with EZ-Mount foam. It's available from Amazon, Crafter's Companion, and Michael's has their own brand (Recollections), but I have not tried that brand. My preference is the EZ Mount Static Cling foam in original thickness. I use a Misti for stamping and find the 1/8" thickness a bit difficult.

This storage method should work with the Avery Elle pouches as well. The CTMH envelopes I use are 6.5" x 6.5" which allows for stamps on both sides of the sheet inside. You could use the small size pouches, but I would probably use the large so even huge stamps will fit into the system.
The attached photo is a fully stuffed envelope. This one has full thickness rubber stamps on both sides of the sheet, and magnetic sheets holding the matching dies.

Have fun organizing and let me know if I can be of further help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

I've been storing my Avery Elle's with unmounted stamps in the BBB Fridge Bins. Has anyone used this brand I found on Amazon - measurements are just slightly different, but wondering if enough to make a difference in how things fit - thanks! Not sure why it's say's Robot Check below - but if you click on it, it takes you to the Amazon link for the bins.

Robot Check

Last edited by casmiles; 01-23-2018 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Was checking to see what Robot Check was - clicking on it actually takes you to Amazon link for the item I'm asking about
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Bare Rubber - How you use

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmilesView Post
I put mine all in the Avery Elle 5.5 x 7.25 pockets; they fit perfectly and are perfect for the fridge bins too. The ones coming off wood are all bare and it works for me so far with my Misti or just acrylic blocks.
OK - I'm thinking of going bare rubber but curious how well this works for you. Can you explain to me what you do when you stamp? Do you apply TIOO on the bare rubber - or do you think you can just use temporary adhesive when you want to use it? The TIOO is VERY tacky afterwards and would be very time consuming to apply to all my stamps.

I plan on using in my misti and then in my SU stamparatus when I'm able to order. (Can't wait to get my hands on this one).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Robin, you can use just a temporary glue.tape on the stamps, you don't have to go with the TIOO. In fact I tried that, and found it doidn't work too well for me.
Sue, on here, highly recommends Ad Tech Crafters Tape - even though it says it's permanent, it works fine for this. She's had a thread or two on here about here experiences with temporary hold glues & tapes. Here is a link to the main one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #54  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to read everyone’s thoughts and ideas as I am also just about to embark on sorting my stamps. I’ve been stamping for approx 15 years, so have accumulated quite a few (!!) stamps. Currently in the process of gathering supplies. I’ve written all the ideas down in a dedicated notebook, with pocket measurements etc, I’ve bought some Avery Elle pockets, plus some My Favourite Things tall pockets. I’ve also bought some 150 micron CD sleeves. These will be for my clear stamps. I have approx 4 shelves of wood mounted stamps which are 4 deep on each shelf. They never get used, as to pick one would probably cause a “domino” effect and the whole lot would come tumbling down !! I plan to remove them from their wooden blocks (when I get brave enough), and store them in the currency/trading card sleeves from Amazon which have just arrived. I’ve also downloaded Evernote. Just need to get started now, but it feels like such a huge task, and not quite sure where to begin !! My mind is whirling around - do I put them into Evernote first, do I separate my sets ......... etc...... etc ..... Think I just need to take a deep breath and make a start ...... maybe tomorrow �� !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

I unmounted all my woodmounts a few years ago now. I also removed the EZMount I'd put onto unmounted stamps I bought. The main reason for that was that I found after 10 or so years, the foam was becoming detached from the stamps- it was as though the sticky layer had dried out completely. Also, I was getting an issue with some stamps 'cupping'. The foam was shrinking to smaller than the stamp, making them almost impossible to store or use.
So I went completely bare rubber.
I store all my stamps onto laminated cardstock in 3 ring binders.
Some bare rubber have temporary adhesive on the back, some are stored in the currency storage sleeves available on Amazon. I particularly like them for small stamps.
I'd never go back to putting EZ Mount on my stamps now.
BTW, the 1/8" type is not as thick as the 'standard' one, so could present issues for stamping with a stamping platform of some sort, extra shimming would probably be needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
I unmounted all my woodmounts a few years ago now. I also removed the EZMount I'd put onto unmounted stamps I bought. The main reason for that was that I found after 10 or so years, the foam was becoming detached from the stamps- it was as though the sticky layer had dried out completely. Also, I was getting an issue with some stamps 'cupping'. The foam was shrinking to smaller than the stamp, making them almost impossible to store or use.
So I went completely bare rubber.
I store all my stamps onto laminated cardstock in 3 ring binders.
Hi shazsilverwolf

I�ve had a few stored on EZ mount and the same thing happened. Thought maybe it was the way I�d applied it.

I think maybe it was your idea I�d seen for the currency/trading card sleeves when searching the forum looking for ideas !

BTW - how do you get the u/m stamps to cling to the laminated card stock ? Sorry if you�ve already explained this earlier, but I�m getting myself in a tizz !!

I may be picking your brains, as it sounds like you�ve completed the journey I�m about to begin !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmilesView Post
I'm curious, Robin, when you say the 1/8" thickness is difficult - is it too much or too little? Thanks!
I believe this question is for Kari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stumbled across another forum that I going to try. Thought I would post information here.

Bare rubber. Use Tack 'n Peel either permanently mounted to a clear block and/or attach Tack 'n Peel to cling vinyl so it can be used in a stamp positioner.

Question about Misti and bare rubber by hbrown at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Craftycavalier, happy to let you pick my brains! Life is always easier when you can avoid mistakes someone else has already made, lol.
Getting my bare rubber to stick- consistently and long term was a real bugbear. In the end, the best solution has been the one I mentioned earlier, used by Gregzgurl- The Adtech Crafters Tape.
I tried all sorts of other glues, with variable success. TIOO would work on some stamps, fail after a week or so on others, and on yet others would end up almost impossible to get off the sheet. Plus, I found almost every video recommended a different quantity to use. Seems everyone had their own favourite dilution of it. Plus some used it neat, and I even saw someone put what was effectively a cushion of it on the back of a stamp-realised I would have to buy it by the tanker load if I had to do that!
I also tried the Tombow Mono Multi, again with varying results.
This was one of the reasons I bought a whole selection of the currency sheets. I had seen Kevin Nakagawa( Stampscapes) using them for some u/m stamps, and realised it was a great idea, and especially for small stamps, as those always seem to be the most likely to drop off, and the hardest to find!
I'd been following Sues (Gregzgurl) thread about stamp storage, and when she said how impressed she was with the Adtech tape, I got some myself. I've found it does work great-you can read her thread for the best way to use it. Link is in post #53.
There are still a few stamps in my collection on EZMount- the ones that wouldn't peel easily, but judging by the rest, eventually this will come off fairly easily. That sticks on laminated sheets no problem. HTH.

Robin, I just went and had a look at that post. I have TackNPeel on some acrylic blocks, and would love to be able to put some on my Stamping Platform. I wish Tonic would bring out a spare lid we could buy, as if I put it onto my lid, I think it could cause problems with the red rubber I have that is on foam.
However, just reading that thread, I saw the suggestion about attaching it to some acetate, which you can then either put in or remove as needed. That sounds like a brilliant solution, so I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for that link.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 01-29-2018 at 02:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 02:47 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry, that should read Cling Vinyl, not acetate. But I'm sure acetate would be a good substitute if you can't get the vinyl. You'd just have to attach it with tape each time you wanted to add it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 03:49 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Robin, you can use just a temporary glue.tape on the stamps, you don't have to go with the TIOO. In fact I tried that, and found it doidn't work too well for me.
Sue, on here, highly recommends Ad Tech Crafters Tape - even though it says it's permanent, it works fine for this. She's had a thread or two on here about here experiences with temporary hold glues & tapes. Here is a link to the main one.
It's true that I used to highly recommend this. They've apparently changed the formula or something, and now I do NOT recommend it at all! It now leaves residue and doesn't hold up at all and is a hot mess in general. In fact, I went back and updated the post in the link Shaz provided (thank you) to warn others off. I've had to go with diluted TIO&O, which is not my happy place, but it is what it is...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 AM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for that update Sue, I must have some old stock by sheer good luck, as so far it's been fine. The pack I bought was an 8 piece value pack, so I should be good for a while, lol.When that fails, I think I'll just go with the storage pockets, and the TackNPeel, especially since I saw the info about using cling vinyl in a stamp Platform. Was just about to go looking for some online, when I had a vague idea I'd bought some a while ago for covering the labels on herb jars, found it out so I'm good to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Could one of you ladies offer a link or a pic of the currency envelope/pages you are referring to for holding small stamps? I don't know what these are. I am guessing perhaps a clear page similar to what my sons kept baseball cards in, but I don't think they would be the right size for currency unless it was folded somewhat or coins. I clearly am not grasping this. Are they only known by this name and only available on Amazon? Thank you for the assistance because I know someone will help me out. Also, thanks for the heads up about the Ad-Tech tape because I did buy one a few months back for the purpose of using on my unmounted stamps (which are not actually unmounted yet!). I had tried this tape years ago as "tape" for my cards and hated it, but since this was a new idea, I was going to give it a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Hi Craftycavalier, happy to let you pick my brains! Life is always easier when you can avoid mistakes someone else has already made, lol.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all your advice and that of gregzgurl. I think maybe I will opt for the currency/trading card sleeves, as I have already ordered some of these from Amazon. Plus a laminator is probably one of the few tools I haven�t yet got lol !! In the past I have used a Pritt Stick to stick u/m stamps to my acrylic block. However, I�ve got a new Tim Holtz platform, which I�ve yet to use, and can�t bear the thought of getting it all gooey lol !! I�m still at the stage of admiring it in the box !! I can be a bit OCD about keeping things pristine (which I know is silly), but this will make it more difficult for me to remove the stamps from their lovely blocks. That�s not to mention taking my clear stamps out of their original packaging. However I�ve completely run out of space, and none of my stash is accessible and therefore not being used, so drastic times need drastic measures!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 06:25 PM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Do any of you “index” your unmounted stamps? I want all my stamps to have the picture on them, so I need some advice on how to accomplish this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesprandoView Post
Do any of you �index� your unmounted stamps? I want all my stamps to have the picture on them, so I need some advice on how to accomplish this.
I highly recommend Evernote. So helpful to give them tags as to occasion, leaves, flowers, flourish, etc just to name a few. I thin storemthem alphabetically. I upload the picture from the web to each set. I mainly have Stampin up the images are easy to get. Not sure if this is what your looking for but I have a lot of stamps so this works best for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #67  
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=Robin, I just went and had a look at that post. I have TackNPeel on some acrylic blocks, and would love to be able to put some on my Stamping Platform. I wish Tonic would bring out a spare lid we could buy, as if I put it onto my lid, I think it could cause problems with the red rubber I have that is on foam.
However, just reading that thread, I saw the suggestion about attaching it to some acetate, which you can then either put in or remove as needed. That sounds like a brilliant solution, so I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for that link. [/QUOTE]

Let me know how this goes. I have tack n peel, cling, and Avery elle packets on order. So hope this is a good solution and then can begin unmounting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCarterView Post
I highly recommend Evernote. So helpful to give them tags as to occasion, leaves, flowers, flourish, etc just to name a few. I thin storemthem alphabetically. I upload the picture from the web to each set. I mainly have Stampin up the images are easy to get. Not sure if this is what your looking for but I have a lot of stamps so this works best for me.
I want the actual stamp ON the unmounted stamp, like on hthe wood top. I want to see what I am stamping to make sure it is straight, especially if it is a sentiment stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 AM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
Could one of you ladies offer a link or a pic of the currency envelope/pages you are referring to for holding small stamps? I don't know what these are. I am guessing perhaps a clear page similar to what my sons kept baseball cards in, but I don't think they would be the right size for currency unless it was folded somewhat or coins. I clearly am not grasping this. Are they only known by this name and only available on Amazon? Thank you for the assistance because I know someone will help me out. Also, thanks for the heads up about the Ad-Tech tape because I did buy one a few months back for the purpose of using on my unmounted stamps (which are not actually unmounted yet!). I had tried this tape years ago as "tape" for my cards and hated it, but since this was a new idea, I was going to give it a try.
Hi Karen- what a coincidence, I'm a Brooks too!
Anyway, yes, I got my currency sheets from Amazon, although I've seen them on E-Bay too. the people I bought from,had a list with many options in it- coin size, banknote, postcard, atc/trading card etc. I bought a selection of them to cover various sizes of stamp.
LINK HERE to it, so you can see what I mean, and also see what to search for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shaz - do you put the pages in a binder or file them or leave them loose or what? I'm heading that direction, but I don't know if I'll be happy with a shload of binders, even though it would be easier to flip through to see what's what. How convenient/inconvenient is this system for you?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 01:01 PM   #71  
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Shaz, for that quick reply and the link. I'll have to ponder a bit before I know which sizes will make sense for me. It may mean several sizes as you suggested, but at least now I will know what I am looking for.
Brooks is my husband's first name, but was his mother's maiden name. I love that name...and the guy that came with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #72  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
It may mean several sizes as you suggested, but at least now I will know what I am looking for.
I too have ordered several sizes, though still not sure which size I will use the most. However to help me decide, I actually looked up the measurements on Amazon, and drew templates onto A4 paper. This gave me a much better idea, as I could visualise the actual size. I�ve not yet unmounted any of my wooden stamps, but I did take a few off my shelf and held them over my template, just to get a rough idea of size. Hope I�ve explained this clearly !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

All my pages go into 3 ring binders Sue. Currently runs to 28 binders- some by Manufacturer- i.e. Tim Holtz, Lavinia stamps and so on, others by theme- baby/wedding etc. I actually find it really convenient, I can grab a binder for a particular theme/ maker. easy to keep track as I also have all my stamps in Evernote & One Note!
I bought one of those large IKEA 5x4 block storage cube thingies- was it Kallax?- so I get 4 binders to a cubby.
The only inconvenience was sometimes stamps would fall off, usually really small ones, but the storage pockets and getting rid of the EZ Mount solved that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #74  
Matboard Maniac

I bought a stamp without realizing it had no foam attached to the rubber. So there is nothing sticky left on Misti door, I use a piece of rolled painter tape on back of stamp. Works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 03:55 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Shaz. I was afraid it would be A LOT of binders... I think I'm just going to do the sentiments in binders and leave the images as they are (on 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" laminated cardstock in sleeves in bins)...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got my stamps in binders too. They're stored by category/theme. I use a combination of rubber stamps with TIOO adhered to page protectors and photo pocket or baseball pages for the clear stamps.

I am making one change after losing a few smaller rubber stamps. I'm laminating the index page, sticking the stamps to the page and inserting the page in the page protector. That especially applies to the sentiment/greeting stamps. I don't have near as many as Shaz, only about 16 notebooks/binders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #77  
Polyshrink Goddess

My order finally came in with the tack n peel. I adhered a piece of it to Stampin ups retired perfectly placed guides which are cling. It is the perfect solution. Now I can either cling the tnp to either a block or my Misti for now and eventually my stamparatus. No need to put cling or temporary glue on each unmounted stamp.

I unmounted a stamp set leaving the foam on since it was coming off cleanly from the block then took the image off block and put it directly on the foam. Since the tnp is SO tacky just be careful when taking the stamp off so you don�t leave the image label. Be sure to get a nail or something under it to loosen from the tnp. Here�s how I�m storing them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #78  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCarterView Post
My order finally came in with the tack n peel. I adhered a piece of it to Stampin ups retired perfectly placed guides which are cling. It is the perfect solution. Now I can either cling the tnp to either a block or my Misti for now and eventually my stamparatus. No need to put cling or temporary glue on each unmounted stamp.

I unmounted a stamp set leaving the foam on since it was coming off cleanly from the block then took the image off block and put it directly on the foam. Since the tnp is SO tacky just be careful when taking the stamp off so you don�t leave the image label. Be sure to get a nail or something under it to loosen from the tnp. Here�s how I�m storing them.
How did you get the �image off the block�? I am picturing wood block with the image of the stamp. So how did you get that image?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #79  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I basically do the same thing. I microwave the block for about 15 seconds, and peel off the stamp, with the cushion. Then I use my fingernail to peel the label up from the wood, and stick it to the cushion. I really need to be able to see the image. (I’m talking about Stampin Up stamps, which is the majority of my collection. I haven’t figured out what to do with the ones where the image is printed on the wood.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesprandoView Post
How did you get the �image off the block�? I am picturing wood block with the image of the stamp. So how did you get that image?
If you mean the image that was on the wood block so far I�ve been able to get them off the wood by gently peeling. I do have to apply adhesive to the foam on most of them as the adhesive from the foam side stays on the block and the adhesive on the labfel after peeling isn�t very strong.

As far as the image you see in the sleeve it�s from a photocopy I made of the image sheet when I bought the stamp set. I did this for inventory purposes and I�d include one sheet in the clam box so I was sure to get the stamp back to the right set.

Forgot to include that I then use removable mounting putty to attach the stamp to a piece of cardstock, or window sheets. The putty is only $2 and only takes a very small amount. Not sure how this will be in the long run but a very small investment.

If need more pictures I can take some tomorrow when I do another set.
Reply With Quote Likes