Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maple Leaf Closet Storage`

Hi all,

I need some suggestions on how to store my paper crafting supplies in my closet. Is there any suggestions?

Thanks
Ashlee
Old 02-28-2016, 03:47 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have shelves in your closet? What kind of space do you have. Is it large or small. I use the white cubes/drawers from Michaels and they set on my shelves. I have the paper slots and drawers for a variety.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Hey, Ashlee - welcome to Splitcoast! Before I moved across the country, I had a lot of my stamping supplies in a utility closet. Not everything, but the things I didn't want to be looking at all the time... Here's a shot:

I obviously had my laptop in there, but you could switch that out easily enough. The photo cases on the upper shelf had all of my embellishments in them, sorted by color. The little red and white boxes are actually drawers from units similar to the one on the lower left. They had embossing powders and glitter in them. The ink pads are in the units that the drawers came out of, as well as in CD crates. Other small tools and things were in the purple drawers.

On the shelves above where the photo cuts off were specialty papers, stencils, dies and such-like, and I had an Iris cart under the "desk" on the left with ribbons, flowers, and some stamps (peg alphabets, self-inking, etc.), and more tools. All of my 6" x 6" and "mat stack" papers were in a small crate on top.

I don't know how large your closet is, or if you're trying to put ALL of your supplies in it, but it's do-able to a large degree. That's especially true if your stamps are photopolymer and/or unmounted rubber.

Some things are just bulky - like punches - and you kind of have to brainstorm an out-of-the-box storage solution for them if you want your entire collection to be contained in the closet. Over-the-door wire racks or shoe pouches have worked well for others. I'm a fan of media towers, myself, but you'd have to determine if you had room...

I'm sure that others will have great ideas for you, and I'm not sure how helpful I've been, but any/all suggestions help the wheels turn, right? Good luck with that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

I have a narrow, long walk in closet in my scraprooom with 3 wire shelves on one wall and one high wire shelf on the opposite wall. I am not very handy (as far as adding more shelves) and I also prefer drawers for storage.

What I did was buy those large plastic Iris sets of drawers on frames (7 drawers each) and put them on the left side of the closet. I have 3 of these side by side. On top of these I even put more sets of plastic drawers (these are the ones that are 3 drawers of 12x12 drawers). This gave me a huge amount of storage on one side of the closet in a small amount of space.

On the other side I put various things-on the bottom went my rolling travel cases for crops. On the first shelf I have 3 sets of 3 small drawer units with open baskets on top, and next to that I have two open plastic bins that hold various things such as additional CM pages, kits I've put together for page layout ideas that are in plastic folders and so on.

The second shelf holds a row of plastic self contained binders that house all of my negative from my film days, followed by my stamp binders. Everything has it's place and it's easy to find.

The drawers all hold something and they are labeled. A place for everything and everything in it's place is my motto.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Craft room Storage closet

One door has a spice rack afixed to it, the other, a shoebag. The pink and yellow containers are from IKEA. The shelving is on heavy duty rails bolted to the studs.

On the floor under the lowest shelf is my sewing machine, empty mailing containers, milk crates containing page protectors and empty scrapbooks, plastic boxes of specialty 12 x 12, chipboard, and frames.

"31" bag contains all project life.

The highest shelf contains rarely used items like empty tiny storage bottles, spacers for albums, spine material for albums, extra ott light bulbs, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2016, 04:08 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Depending on the size of the closet, budget and whether this is a long term situation or not. You can build in shelves and a desk area or put in an inexpensive shelving unit.
I made our front hall coat closet into a pantry with rolling shelf unit. Something on wheels might be nice so you can roll it out.
Reply With Quote Likes