Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts
Default Clear stamp storage idea

I can't find a tutorial that I watched the other day and was hoping someone could help me find it. It was a binder. The woman used blank page protectors, inserted a sheet of paper and then sewed on the plastic to make pockets for different sized stamps/stamp sets. Anyone have an idea where I might have seen this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

I found it on my own!!! It's here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That video is a great idea! I want to make some pages for my clear stamps. I also will stamp a card with my wooden stamps and store the image in a pocket along with the clear of the same category. Thanks for posting!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

You're welcome. I loved it the first time I saw it and was so glad I found it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if anyone was going to find it.

Now my brain is trying to visualize incorporating my rubber too. I really want an integrated system with everything together and in the same storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if anyone was going to find it.

Now my brain is trying to visualize incorporating my rubber too. I really want an integrated system with everything together and in the same storage.
I use something similar for rubber, but have struggled with putting the clears in there as it's a time consuming method. I use the same binders she does, but use the white storage sheets from Sunday International. These sheets - http://www.sundayint.com/stampnstorl...elspkgof5.aspx The sheets are 8 1/2 x 11 and are designed for storing EZ mounted stamps. If my stamps were wood mounted, I've been unmounting them and remounting them on EZ Mount. Several years ago, I found a non-name brand version of EZ Mount on e-bay for a fraction of the cost of the brand name. Before I unmount the wood ones, I stamp them on my "key." I use a blank sheet of white typing paper and stamp each image from each set in a block on it. Since they're mostly SU sets and are all together, this part is fairly quick and easy. I then drew a box around each set and labeled each set on the white paper. Once I had the images remounted onto EZ Mount, I put them onto the white storage sheets and put them into the binders. The white typing paper keys go into a clear page protector in between the pages of stamps. So, you'll have the "key" on one side and the actual stamp image on the other. It makes it easier for me to see the images and to quickly look through the binders for what I want.

The method she shows for clears will work well with what I already have and will be much faster for dealing with sets of clear stamps. I've stalled on organizing as it was so time consuming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

I haven't tried these yet, but I really was impressed with her method.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
I use something similar for rubber, but have struggled with putting the clears in there as it's a time consuming method. I use the same binders she does, but use the white storage sheets from Sunday International. These sheets - Stamp N' Stor Lightweight Storage Panels/ Pkg of 5 The sheets are 8 1/2 x 11 and are designed for storing EZ mounted stamps. If my stamps were wood mounted, I've been unmounting them and remounting them on EZ Mount. Several years ago, I found a non-name brand version of EZ Mount on e-bay for a fraction of the cost of the brand name. Before I unmount the wood ones, I stamp them on my "key." I use a blank sheet of white typing paper and stamp each image from each set in a block on it. Since they're mostly SU sets and are all together, this part is fairly quick and easy. I then drew a box around each set and labeled each set on the white paper. Once I had the images remounted onto EZ Mount, I put them onto the white storage sheets and put them into the binders. The white typing paper keys go into a clear page protector in between the pages of stamps. So, you'll have the "key" on one side and the actual stamp image on the other. It makes it easier for me to see the images and to quickly look through the binders for what I want.

The method she shows for clears will work well with what I already have and will be much faster for dealing with sets of clear stamps. I've stalled on organizing as it was so time consuming!
Thanks mine are bare rubber and staying that way. From very large to very small... Certain I will sort it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Kathy Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared this with three other stampers and they all are off to the local discount store to get the page protectors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiecrafterView Post
Kathy Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared this with three other stampers and they all are off to the local discount store to get the page protectors.
I love to share what I stumble upon! I am going to be getting some page protectors as well. I had picked up some 12x12 page protectors, but they are too large to work with so I will save those for scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes