Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can I get accurate Stufftainer dimensions please ...

I see on the manufacturer website that they have dimensions for the Stampendous! Stufftainers, BUT, is that the internal or external dimensions? :confused:

I am going to do a simple building plan around their containers, but I don't have any Stufftainers yet and I don't want to buy any until I know what the full External size is and the full Internal size is ... I think they might be good storage for my massive stash of AI glitters.

Per the website ... I'm assuming it's "Internal" :confused:
Stuftainer� Thin = Storage area 8 1/2" X 11" X 7/16" deep.
Stuftainer� Thick = Storage area 8 1/2" X 11" X 5/8" deep.
Stuftainer� Thicker = Storage area 8 1/2" X 11" X 1" deep.

So, if anyone out there has one/some, can you precisely measure both the internal & external dimensions and let me know. I have e-mailed the company a day or two ago and have not heard back from them and here we are on the weekend now ...

Thanks in advance ...

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 01-08-2011 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

never heard of them - do you have a website? (so I can see them)- some of my friends have different containers but not sure of the name..
Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I think I have the Stuftainer™ Thicker. I do love them but I wish they were as thick as the SU! clamshells because all the wood mounts that fit in a Stuftainer™ can be heavy.

external length from folding end to hanger end 13" x 9 1/2" wide 1 1/4" deep

internal 11 3/8" length x 9" x 1 1/8" deep (the lid snaps in a little so the lid touches my Penney Black wood mounted that are 1" deep).

The sides do have a very slight taper from top to bottom that you need to take into account so the deminsions they say of 8 1/2" X 11" X 1" are the internal sizes, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramMcCaulView Post
never heard of them - do you have a website? (so I can see them)- some of my friends have different containers but not sure of the name..
Gerry
Hi ... Here ya go ...
Stampendous Storage � Stuftainers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Thank you! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
I think I have the Stuftainer™ Thicker. I do love them but I wish they were as thick as the SU! clamshells because all the wood mounts that fit in a Stuftainer™ can be heavy.

external length from folding end to hanger end 13" x 9 1/2" wide 1 1/4" deep

internal 11 3/8" length x 9" x 1 1/8" deep (the lid snaps in a little so the lid touches my Penney Black wood mounted that are 1" deep).

The sides do have a very slight taper from top to bottom that you need to take into account so the dimensions they say of 8 1/2" X 11" X 1" are the internal sizes, I think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to measure ... Now I can get back to drafting and looking into cost effectiveness for this project. I sincerely appreciate you doing this for me!

I was reading your other info, so they are thinner and not as sturdy as the SU containers. You know, I may scrap the Stufftainers and go back to my other consideration.

I was thinking about using the acrylic 8x10 photo boxes (upside down as trays; they are 1.25" deep instead of 1.00" deep) packed inside zipper bags, but I love the price of the Stufftainers and the fact they have a lid and don't require zipper bags to keep the air out. I do have some oddball sized wood mounted stamps and the photo boxes would accommodate those better. I don't know ... still on the fence.

I'll definitely have to remeasure my Art Institute Glitter Jars.

But thank you again, and thank you for letting me know about the product detail = super helpful!

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 01-08-2011 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramMcCaulView Post
Gerry
Oh, here's a video too ...
YouTube - Storing Unmounted Rubber Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to measure ... Now I can get back to drafting and looking into cost effectiveness for this project. I sincerely appreciate you doing this for me!

I was reading your other info, so they are thinner and not as sturdy as the SU containers. You know, I may scrap the Stufftainers and go back to my other consideration.

I was thinking about using the acrylic 8x10 photo boxes (upside down as trays; they are 1.25" deep instead of 1.00" deep) packed inside zipper bags, but I love the price of the Stufftainers and the fact they have a lid and don't require zipper bags to keep the air out. I do have some oddball sized wood mounted stamps and the photo boxes would accommodate those better. I don't know ... still on the fence.

I'll definitely have to remeasure my Art Institute Glitter Jars.

But thank you again, and thank you for letting me know about the product detail = super helpful!
You are welcome! I was just thinking about this and maybe putting a piece of cardboard from a cereal box in the bottom would make this sturdier. Plus we could stamp the stamp's image on the cardboard so we'd know where the stamp fits in the container!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink

Quote:

You are welcome! I was just thinking about this and maybe putting a piece of cardboard from a cereal box in the bottom would make this sturdier. Plus we could stamp the stamp's image on the cardboard so we'd know where the stamp fits in the container!
The boxes do come with micro thin chip (worthless).

That's a GREAT idea, but placing the stamps on a scanner in "copy" mode (or a 100% setting and your flat picture / label side down) would be way faster and would not waste your resources (time, etc. - time is a commodity w/ me; never enough).

Just put the stamp blocks on the scanner bed the same way they have been efficiently arranged in the 8x10 photo box and you'll get perfect placement. Then you could adhere your trimmed 8x10 paper to the 8x10 cereal box for sturdiness and an index all in one.

I haven't used my scanner in years ... I wonder if it still works ???

:confused:;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Here's a link to the system I was thinking about

i heart scrapbooking: My new rubber stamp shelf...I'm in love!!!!

I would need 3-4 of those, I just do not have the floor space in my tiny craft room (7' x 8' plus all my other stuff like a computer desk, a scrap table and a repurposed dresser from my grandparents that houses my GrandeMark on top and some supplies in the drawers, plus my die storage that takes up 48" wide by 18" deep and 72+" high, my paper and my embellies are in the closet. But that will be under my scrap table once I get the cropper hopper file cart system (and I'll be making a cover to protect the paper from light).

After number crunching the dollars and number crunching my shoebox size craft room space, it looks like I will have to do the un-mounting / DVD thing. My favorite way (link above) is the cheapest, but takes up too much space. I also love the clip it up, but it's too expensive and takes up even more space and wouldn't really work with the mounted stamps.

The SU DVD cases are perfect, BUT too expensive, especially when you have to add tax that is twice what I pay in my own zip code and overpriced shipping fees. So I am going to save a few more pennies and buy these two items:
--- 7th one down DVD Cases from Sleeve City (100 bulk cases) and I have already asked the proprietor if the insert / hub comes completely out (it does). "Super Jewel Box King DVD Case"
--- Then to store on the wall and I can get more bang for my buck on the wall than taking up floor space Media Cubby - Holds 400 CDs ; I was thinking about the white one.

I am skeptical about putting wood block stamps in the microwave, I was thinking about buying a spatula to assist in rubber removal, like the cricut or something and for the stubborn labels and stamps and then maybe using a heat tool (Tim Holtz one as is does not get as hot as others). I don't know.

I will also be using e6000, large snaps, a rod of some type and some cute regular and blackout material/s for a hanging, snap tarp/curtain to keep covered when not stamping as to keep out the sun and artificial light as well as a breeze from a vent, fan or space heater.

So, I will probably have to invest in either:
--- EZ Thin Mount - Package of 10 - 8 1/2" x 11" Sheets - EZTHIN-10Pack (would need 50-75 sheets (OUCH!)
or --- Tsukineko � high quality inks and inkpads for your crafting projects a couple of these should do the trick

As I just recently viewed a youtube video (I wish I would have bookmarked the link) where the gal had been using tack it over & over and it was not only beginning to harden, she was not able to remove the stamps from her small CD case and her rubber stamps were either hardening, disintegrating &/or ripping and tearing - that's really devastating.

Suggestions & comments are still appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I just put 104 SU sets into about 30 Thickers. I am really satisfied with them and don't feel that they are to thin. I have my sitting on end book style in an IKEA Expedite. I love that I can see all my newly catagorized stamps. I didn't realize how many Christmas sentiment stamps I had. Won't be buying any for a very long time. Good luck with your project.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshacraftsView Post
I just put 104 SU sets into about 30 Thickers. I am really satisfied with them and don't feel that they are to thin. I have my sitting on end book style in an IKEA Expedite. I love that I can see all my newly catagorized stamps. I didn't realize how many Christmas sentiment stamps I had. Won't be buying any for a very long time. Good luck with your project.
Wow! Wow, jaw just dropped ... That is some super awesome space saving! Thank you for sharing! I think I may still use those for a bunch of other goodies. Wow! I just can't believe 104 set to 30 Thickers - That is FABULOUS!!! ... Would love to see a pic if so inclined ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I just posted a picture of the shelves with the containers. Check my gallery. I got this idea from Anna Wight, SweetMissDaisy. There is a picture of her containers in her gallery, check it out.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I am such a forum dingbat, can you tell me how to view your gallery. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I am such a forum dingbat, can you tell me how to view your gallery. Thank you
To view someone's gallery, look over to the left of their post. Click on their username. There will be a pull-down menu when you do that, and one of the options is "Visit gallery".

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
To view someone's gallery, look over to the left of their post. Click on their username. There will be a pull-down menu when you do that, and one of the options is "Visit gallery".
Thank you - that was too easy ... I feel silly
:oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Thank you - that was too easy ... I feel silly
:oops:
No such thing as a silly question!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Twink-a-dink, you are right about the stufftainer dimensions being the inside dimensions. I have the thin ones and they are 12 3/4 x 9 7/16 x 5 /16 on the outside. I use mine for storing my Spellbinder dies. I put two wide strips of magnetic adhesive in them and I can fit up to 6 sets in there depending on the size of the dies. I got mine at:

Stampendous Scrapbooking - Stampendous Rubber Stamps

Best price I could find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp luvrView Post
Twink-a-dink, you are right about the stufftainer dimensions being the inside dimensions. I have the thin ones and they are 12 3/4 x 9 7/16 x 5 /16 on the outside. I use mine for storing my Spellbinder dies. I put two wide strips of magnetic adhesive in them and I can fit up to 6 sets in there depending on the size of the dies. I got mine at:

Stampendous Scrapbooking - Stampendous Rubber Stamps

Best price I could find.
That's a wonderful idea! Oooo, I shop there too sometimes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you - sorry it took me so long, I've been gone for a while
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I use them too. I use Thickers for wood mounted stamps and the Thin ones for cling red rubber stamps including the many backgrounders I have. I love, them too. They aren't quite as sturdy as an SU clamshell but as long as I pick it up with both hands it is fine. I also use the Thins to store my card stock colors. Keeps them organized and protected from dust and damage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

I use the thin ones to store my cling stamps. I love that they can stack up horizontally or be kept vertically. I've used them for 2-3 years now, ever since they first came out and keep my clings organized by theme.
Reply With Quote Likes