Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Can I craft now?

Too much personal information here for it to remain on the interwebs.

Last edited by Dixiemill; 10-20-2009 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: removal of personal info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Aww, you have it pretty tough. I feel for you. It`s tough not having everything on hand right where you need it. Thank God Grams has you to take care of her. You are very kind to take on such a commitment with little ones of your own. Here`s hoping you win! You could use some space too. ( I hope you remember to take time for yourself, it`s very important to do!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks Taragrin. I agree I have to remember to take time for myself... since the basement is currently a messy sawdust haven given that the framing work is being done. Taking time for myself usually means window shopping at the local craft stores with me, myself and moi! I have to window shop because there is just no where to put the stuff. I have already reached my storage capacity with no way to actually USE it.

With the scrapbox I could actually STOP hording and START using up all these supplies that I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

I think it is wonderful you had so much quality time with your mother...what a blessing you were/are to each other...cherish all the memories...the good and the not so good...they are all blessings...best wishes to you and your family...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

It is so sad, my mother passed away 10 year ago the midnight after my birthday. We had our son a few years later and he is the youngest of all the grandkids. I feel so badly from him as he only met his one grandpa and two week after that his grandpa passed away in his sleep.

I guess we need to make sure we scrap our memories and pass that down to the kids. And I think that they will remember them thru us.

I wish you the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

{{{HUGS}}} to Stampee

My youngest was born after mom passed.. but I do plan to tell her all those stories and show her all the pictures of her grandmother she never met. But of course first I need to get the stuff out of boxes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

what about me....no hugs for me????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Of course there's always plenty of hugs to go around .... {{{HUGS}}} to Heidi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Egads.. life throws me a few more lemons and I get bumped to page 9!!! Better post something constructive.

Do I need to post the location of where this box would go and be displayed so beautifully for everyone to admire? Yes this will be going in our "basement", but my "basement" is really a full walkout has a sliding glass door and two full sized windows. We have no family room in this house, so the basement is getting finished and will become our new family room. After the basement is finished off, I plan to host a ton of "girls night out" scrapping parties, where of course if I were to be the receipient of this wonderful prize, I could better share my supplies with all my scrapping buddies and show off this lovely piece of work to all my friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

{{{ HUGS}}}} I think you could use a hug I did cry when I read yours! I can't imagine losing my mom! If I don't win I hope you do!! Please, no matter what, scrapbook your mom, tell her story for your kids and nieces and nephews.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Wendred34 thank you for your kind words. I DO plan to scrap again when the basement is finished off. I will get Mom's memories down on pages... It just has to happen. DH says that the new family room (600 sq feet of open space) should be done before thanksgiving and we will most definately be able to have Christmas in there. Would love to have the Workbox or the minibox or anything that will allow me a place to scrap.

In either case.. I have two choices... use the new prize to craft or continue to craft out of boxes from the storage closets on a table. I don't confess to be a completely disorganized crafter nor do I have OCD.. but I do like to clean up and put everything back into it's rightful place. The workbox if I were to win it would get a TON of love and be proudly displayed in a very prominent location where everyone can see this beautiful box.

A word of warning to you other applicants.. do you realize that this thing is 36 wide x 31 deep x 72 high ... that's in inches... let me translate that to feet... 3ft wide x 2.6 ft deep x 6 ft high.... that's one BIG BOX! So looking at the demo of how it opens.. You need to have a space that is 108 inches wide... or 9 feet for this thing to be fully open flat. If you don't have a place that is 9 feet by 4 feet (you need a place to put the chair when you open the table) to put this thing... Maybe you should reconsider again your application for this prize *evil grin*!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dixiemill; 10-08-2009 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: edit: fixed a few typos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I totally concur with another applicant for this prize. None of us actually NEED this Workbox, but all of us WANT this prize!!!!

and YES I still WANT this prize!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

hello dixiemill....wishing you good luck...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

pththththththttttttt!!!!!

It's so hard to work.... while dreaming about a Workbox! ARGH!!!! I am currently supposed to be working on a project for work that involves writing computer code in C#, asp.net and vb6 with SQL ADO connection to a MSSQL DB. My day job is a Software engineer.. my night job is a Mom and caretaker for my grams.. My wild side is a papercrafter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

the suspense is going to be killing me all weekend. I wonder what time on monday that they will start the new thread with the top ten?

Better yet I wonder HOW they will choose the top ten? There are so many deserving ladies here!!!!! I wish that there was more than just one prize to give away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

dixiemill,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

(1) why you craft
For cards, I craft those because I love seeing the looks on people's faces when they are completely "wowed" by a handmade card.

For scrapbook pages, I craft those because I looked at my baby book and it is all of 12 pages big, with not really much in it, so I promised myself I'd do a better job on my kids. The first kid (mom helped me a little) has a baby book that is 6 INCHES thick.. with well over 150 pages of rich journaled content and pictures. All the positive feedback and comments from others about how much they enjoy readying my first daughter's baby book really is my motivation for continuing to make scrapbooks.

(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
The cards I make, I give away.. If I find I have too many of a particular theme, I usually gift them to someone. My favorite thing is to Gift someone a few scrap pages or a stack of cards for no other reason other than I feel like it. You should see the smiles on the faces of these people.. That... is what makes me love crafting even more!

Occationally I will make albums, premade and ready for pictures, for my non-crafty friends. Those are really hard to do, especially on a short timeframe, but all that work is really worth it when you can see the results of what those friends can do by putting pictures on those pages. For example, my Sis-In-Law isn't very crafty.. but she took the baby album for her second son that I made and really was able to deliver on the pictures and journaling. She STILL even 3 years later keeps thanking me for making that album for her son as her son and her family love to go through it all the time.

With the scrapbook pages for myself, I have in the living room a ring binder on a book stand that holds the most recently completed pages that I have done for the albums. I believe that there are about 250 pages on display at all times. This is out in the open and always people thumb through all the pages to see not only what has happened recently with my children, but also to admire the pages. I have gotten so many nice compliements from people about my work. I continually update the binder by removing the pages that have been in there the longest and then adding the pages I have just completed. Everytime people come to the house.. the "book" almost always has something new to show.

(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
I would say the biggest impact is that my crafting *REALLY* brought my much closer to my mother in her final years. Before I had children and before mom was diagnosed with cancer, we were a bit estranged for selfish reasons on both of our parts. The crafting of scrapbook pages gave us a very good excuse to get together and to talk and gave us an outlet to bring us to realize that BOTH of us were being stupidly selfish and stubborn and that we were "estranged" for incredibly petty reasons. I believe that the crafting really sped up amending our relationship and bringing us so incredibly close together towards the end. For that... I am eternally thankful!
Reply With Quote Likes