Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharileaView Post
OMG!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! Now, to figure out how to get them to Canada. Sizzix.com won't ship here. I will find a way!
Two Peas sells them and I believe they ship internationally. However, they are currently out of stock. You could have them notify you when they're back in stock

Plastic Envelopes 3 Pack by Sizzix - Two Peas in a Bucket
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumcrazyView Post
I will for sure & definitely take more pics! I hope Amazon ships quickly!
Jen, you rock!! I hope they ship quick too!!!! I'm anxious to hear your opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanadonnaCView Post
Here is what I have been using, however price went up since I bought them at $1.17 each YIKES A5 3 Ring Case View Binder - Clear
I was fortunate to have ordered these when they were $1.17 too. That was just too amazing of a price to pass. I wish I had ordered more because I've filled up over 20 of those binders. I love the size and that I can fit multiple binder panels in one binder. I used the binders to 1) store my nesties and other dies 2) stamps that are sold individually (like TGS, SCACD, Whimsy, etc.).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #44  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post
I was fortunate to have ordered these when they were $1.17 too. That was just too amazing of a price to pass. I wish I had ordered more because I've filled up over 20 of those binders. I love the size and that I can fit multiple binder panels in one binder. I used the binders to 1) store my nesties and other dies 2) stamps that are sold individually (like TGS, SCACD, Whimsy, etc.).

I know I love these and wish I would have ordered a lot more, I use the Gina K white page things in them to stick the stamps on. I get emails from them now and then maybe they will have a sale again

I don't really like the black ones but they have them on sale for $1.06 each
http://www.unikeep.com/binders-and-a...l#.UBB-dLTY-So

Last edited by nanadonnaC; 07-25-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharileaView Post
OMG!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! Now, to figure out how to get them to Canada. Sizzix.com won't ship here. I will find a way!
do you have CLOSE TO MY HEART stamp company in canada? they sell clear enevoples also. great size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanne527View Post
Oh sistah...I have hundreds of wood mounted stamps--each have their own category in "7 drawer rolly carts"--my "floppy" stamps would get stuck to the wood stamps--so they got their own home...I prefer wood stamps over all else any day of the week.

My dies are in the new "Art Bin" check it out--magnetic box--you can buy inserts--every die has a home now...my embossing folders are in another rolly cart with my "fat Siz dies" (aka the thick dies)...I work in my basement studio which can get humid in summer (NOW) and also damp in winter--everything needs a home here or I would go coo-coo! Also, it has flooded down here with a few winter storms--rolly carts are easy to put up on tables! :mrgreen:
We sure sound like sistahs of the soul! My stamps are all sorted by category kept in lovely wood cabinets with lots and lot of drawers. Any unmounted that I have gotten (mostly gifts or free), I have mounted on wood anyway, so ALL my stamps, regardless of origin, are wood mounts. I', pretty happy with my binder system for my dies (mostly Nesties), but am intrigued by your magnetic box. You said to check it out. Any way I can actually do that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanadonnaCView Post
I know I love these and wish I would have ordered a lot more, I use the Gina K white page things in them to stick the stamps on. I get emails from them now and then maybe they will have a sale again
I'm on their email list too. I really hope that they will go on sale sometime. I'd love to get a few more, as my collection has grown.....YES!! I'm a hoarder!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
We sure sound like sistahs of the soul! My stamps are all sorted by category kept in lovely wood cabinets with lots and lot of drawers. Any unmounted that I have gotten (mostly gifts or free), I have mounted on wood anyway, so ALL my stamps, regardless of origin, are wood mounts. I', pretty happy with my binder system for my dies (mostly Nesties), but am intrigued by your magnetic box. You said to check it out. Any way I can actually do that?
Here's a Youtube about the Art Bin storage:

Spellbinders Storage-Artbin Magnetic Die Storage Case - YouTube

What I don't like about it is that it seems too bulky. Also, you practically have to take every sheet out of the case to get to the die that you want (which could be the one that's at the very bottom....LOL). With the binder, I can just flip through and find the die that I want without having to take any panels out of the binder. KWIM? I posted about my die storage system on my blog here:

Inking with Brenda Lee: Organizing Dies (and reinkers recap)

Last edited by bjlee717; 07-25-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

The Artbin Magnetic Die Storage Case looks interesting. TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW....I don't own an Art Bin Storage case. I'm just going off of what I see online. I could be totally wrong. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ondinesgirlView Post
Sleeve City has a great DVD case called Super Jewel Box King DVD Case
DVD Cases from Sleeve City
1- $1.65; 10- $12.70; 50- $50.80; 100-$88.90
I converted 97% of my wood mounted to clear/cling mount
great price on cling cushion mounting foam from StampersBest.com
blessings
patti moffett
FWIW, the "Jewel Box DVD Case" boxes are the ones that are made out of the same material as CD jewel cases, not the "softer" plastic of SU/Amuse cases.
Cling mounted stamps will etch the cases. Some have said that it hurts the cling over time, altough I haven't had any issues.

I've been slowly switching over from the King cases to the SU cases just because I find the King DVD cases break fairly easily (at the hinges), and there's a gap where stamps can escape if they do come loose.

Who needs tattoos? I already have ink in strange places...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkiView Post
FWIW, the "Jewel Box DVD Case" boxes are the ones that are made out of the same material as CD jewel cases, not the "softer" plastic of SU/Amuse cases.
Cling mounted stamps will etch the cases. Some have said that it hurts the cling over time, altough I haven't had any issues.

I've been slowly switching over from the King cases to the SU cases just because I find the King DVD cases break fairly easily (at the hinges), and there's a gap where stamps can escape if they do come loose.
That's the main reason why I haven't bought those cases. I HATED the CD cases because they would crack or come off the hinges. It drove me crazy. I figured it wouldn't be any different with the DVD size ones. I love the softer plastic cases, so I'm really, really interested to hear what Jen says.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's the main reason why I haven't bought those cases. I HATED the CD cases because they would crack or come off the hinges. It drove me crazy. I figured it wouldn't be any different with the DVD size ones. I love the softer plastic cases, so I'm really, really interested to hear what Jen says.
I have also seen the "softer" DVD cases altered so that could put the bulk order in perspective so much to house stamps and so much to alter into gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I have also seen the "softer" DVD cases altered so that could put the bulk order in perspective so much to house stamps and so much to alter into gifts.
oh yes....I've seen some wonderful altered projects using the soft cases. I love that it comes with a protective layer where you can insert your own label. I have a template that I use to change colors/images for the different companies. That way, when I have them on my shelf, I can distinguish between companies.

when altering, you can use DSP to decorate the outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

About a month ago I spent a ridiculous amount of time online researching cases like these without a hub (including Amazon) with little success. (I didn't want the jewel case). I finally found some from a place in the UK called Riviera Publishing (scroll all the way to the bottom for the Multistorage Case 14mm Spine). They were super nice and I got 50 of them for about $50 so I was pretty happy. I have the SU ones and these are just about exactly the same thing. I'm glad to know that Amazon has these because they're a little cheaper. (The ones from Riviera Publishing don't have that little clip on the inside cover that would hold paper literature on a real DVD).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #56  
Compulsive Stamper

I have the same problem here - I was lucky and got 100 SU cases from the US through a friend there who was willing to have them delivered to her and then sent them on to me. I have now run out. I have asked SU here to get them on the sale list here but to no avail yet. I cannot understand why they do not do it as I know many people would purchase them. I just tried to get to Riviera Publishing but they only send to the UK and Europe by the look of it and couldn't assist me. I looked at the Amazon one - and will maybe go that way but its a lot of cases (100) to store until you use them up (I have had experience!) Great thread!

Last edited by Jeanne S; 10-16-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
There's a link in the Amazing Paper Grace blog which shows these cases used for both stamps and nestability storage along with a direct link to the company (tapeonline.com):

Clear Storage Solution Blog Candy � Blog Candy � Stamping � Amazing Paper Grace

I like the idea of the EZ Mount laminated styles of sheets cut down to a custom size to fit in the DVD case.
best cases, best prices and super customer service!! their shipping time is super super fast. There are lots of great reviews there as well on the product and the reviews are all from stampers. Take the time to take a look you won't be disappointed!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #58  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoganView Post
I have the same problem here - I was lucky and got 100 SU cases from the US through a friend there who was willing to have them delivered to her and then sent them on to me. I have now run out. I have asked SU here to get them on the sale list here but to no avail yet. I cannot understand why they do not do it as I know many people would purchase them. I just tried to get to Riviera Publishing but they only send to the UK and Europe by the look of it and couldn't assist me. I looked at the Amazon one - and will maybe go that way but its a lot of cases (100) to store until you use them up (I have had experience!) Great thread!
I was unsure about whether Riviera Publishing would ship to me in the US so I emailed them to ask. They were very helpful, arranged payment via PayPal, and shipped them to me via FedEx. I had them within two days. I can't say enough about how attentive and helpful they were during the whole ordering process.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 10-16-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Jen, you rock!! I hope they ship quick too!!!! I'm anxious to hear your opinion.
I'm anxious to get these too and see how they are. They were shipped already and it was thru FedEx Smartpost. I find Smartpost takes few days longer to get here, so i'm crossing fingers its before the weekend. I got stamps all over my craft room right now, so i kinda need these soon! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

I am so glad I found this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #61  
Glitter Guru

I unmounted all (or, in the case of my old SU sets, never mounted) my stamps and use...

Univenture binders: 3-ring Closed Binders in multiple colors case of 15 for $62.25, or call and get better pricing for a larger order. Be sure to use a coupon code, which you can get from their newsletter & FB page. I buy in bulk with a coupon and it's very reasonable.

These are the large size that hold 8.5x11 panels/paper/chipboard.

These are perfect for storing clingmount & clear stamps on the storage panels, and for storing wafer-thin dies on magnetic sheets. They snap shut securely (closed on all sides, so nothing slips out) and sit upright without tipping.

For those considering the binders, sign up for the Univenture newsletter and like them on FB, and then wait for a coupon code. Their site for small orders is UniKeep.

EZMount Stamp N' Store Storage Panels: These fit in the large binders (above) and are smooth so the stamps cling to them.

These used to be hard to find, but as more people have gone UM, more places sell them. Try Ellen Hutson, Sunday International, Gina K, eBay, or Google.

In each Univenture binder binder, I can fit 3 panels with rubber stamps on thick EZMount on both sides of the panels. I have 4 panels in a couple binders because I wanted to keep those panels together, but they are tight. If you use clear stamps or stamps with the thin EZM or stamps that have no clingmount at all, you might fit 5 panels.

To guesstimate how many stamps will fit on a panel, lay your stamps on a sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

For die storage, I can fit 8-9 sheets of chipboard (not a storage panel) covered with magnetic sheets (or strips of magnetic tape) full of wafer-thin dies.

Clingfoam/Clingmount: Get anywhere. It used to be a bit hard to find, but many sites sell it now. Be sure to calculate shipping. Sometimes that really skews the overall price. I prefer EZMount to other products I've tried (Alene's TIO&O, thin cling plastic, thin clingmount, etc.).

Of course, after I started this system, SU came out with clingmount stamps in the nice, clear DVD cases. Still, I prefer using the binders because I can fit so many more stamps in them, and sort them by subject. (Yes, I break up sets, but since I don't use the labels, I keep those sheets filed so I know which stamps go in a set together. Not that I've ever sold off a set!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

When I began to unmount my wood stamps I bought many of the Univenture cases and the Gina K panels, enough to fit 2 to 3 in each case.

I quickly gave up on the idea of wanting my sets unmounted and now have all the cases with panels I will never use.

So if anyone is interested pm me and we can discuss a price for any number that you want and it is sure to be more than fair.

They need a good home and I need the extra space.

Thanks.

www.yappinboutstampin.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #63  
Glitter Queen

Unikeep has the clear A5 size for $1.06 I just ordered some
2 Ring Case View Binder -A5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

Subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been using the system described below for 3 years for my unmounted stamps and love it. I use the small size (9 1/4 x 7). I use the white binders and when I found they were to be discontinued, I bought 300 of them on sale for 87 cents each. Since this picture was taken I've added a rotating DVD case to hold my SU cases.

The univenture cases are also good storage for stickles and refill inks.

I tried the envelopes for storing my dies and I didn't like it. I bought a bunch from CTMH and switched to the system in the picture that I saw on the internet. I'm loving it so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
I unmounted all (or, in the case of my old SU sets, never mounted) my stamps and use...

Univenture binders: 3-ring Closed Binders in multiple colors case of 15 for $62.25, or call and get better pricing for a larger order. Be sure to use a coupon code, which you can get from their newsletter & FB page. I buy in bulk with a coupon and it's very reasonable.

These are the large size that hold 8.5x11 panels/paper/chipboard.

These are perfect for storing clingmount & clear stamps on the storage panels, and for storing wafer-thin dies on magnetic sheets. They snap shut securely (closed on all sides, so nothing slips out) and sit upright without tipping.

For those considering the binders, sign up for the Univenture newsletter and like them on FB, and then wait for a coupon code. Their site for small orders is UniKeep.

EZMount Stamp N' Store Storage Panels: These fit in the large binders (above) and are smooth so the stamps cling to them.

These used to be hard to find, but as more people have gone UM, more places sell them. Try Ellen Hutson, Sunday International, Gina K, eBay, or Google.

In each Univenture binder binder, I can fit 3 panels with rubber stamps on thick EZMount on both sides of the panels. I have 4 panels in a couple binders because I wanted to keep those panels together, but they are tight. If you use clear stamps or stamps with the thin EZM or stamps that have no clingmount at all, you might fit 5 panels.

To guesstimate how many stamps will fit on a panel, lay your stamps on a sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

For die storage, I can fit 8-9 sheets of chipboard (not a storage panel) covered with magnetic sheets (or strips of magnetic tape) full of wafer-thin dies.

Clingfoam/Clingmount: Get anywhere. It used to be a bit hard to find, but many sites sell it now. Be sure to calculate shipping. Sometimes that really skews the overall price. I prefer EZMount to other products I've tried (Alene's TIO&O, thin cling plastic, thin clingmount, etc.).

Of course, after I started this system, SU came out with clingmount stamps in the nice, clear DVD cases. Still, I prefer using the binders because I can fit so many more stamps in them, and sort them by subject. (Yes, I break up sets, but since I don't use the labels, I keep those sheets filed so I know which stamps go in a set together. Not that I've ever sold off a set!)
Attached Thumbnails
BULK STAMP CASES-pb-stamp-room-furniture-040.jpg   BULK STAMP CASES-refills.jpg   BULK STAMP CASES-card-photos-june-2012-011.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #66  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
do you have CLOSE TO MY HEART stamp company in canada? they sell clear enevoples also. great size.
We do have CTMH. Actually my cousin is a consultant. I don't have a catalogue, but I will take a look online and see what they are like. Thanks for the tip!

I did manage to buy 5 packs of the Sizzix ones online the other day. I am also going to Seattle in September so I will check out the stores there and see if I can find some. My LSS does carry alot of Sizzix products, just not the little envelopes!

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful, creative and for sharing your storage ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

My cases from Amazon came this morning and i'm VERY happy. In my opinion, these are a fantastic alternative for the SU! ones. They are the same size, same material-feeling (soft plastic), look almost identical, and they have the plastic sleeve around them just like the SU! ones do, for labels, etc. They snap pretty much the same way and i did take a few pics so everyone can see exactly what they look like. They do have a clip thingie on the inside too, for a label.

When i get time later, i'll do a review on Amazon too. I also like the fact they are the soft plastic too. I'm not a overly big fan of the hard jewel cases, because i've had a few crack & break on me. If anyone needs extra info, just pm me. Now i wish i would have bought the bigger batch of them, knowing that they are like the SU! ones.

The ones from Amazon are on the left and i also have a SU! one on the right side. HTH!!
Attached Thumbnails
BULK STAMP CASES-imag1839.jpg   BULK STAMP CASES-imag1840.jpg   BULK STAMP CASES-imag1841.jpg   BULK STAMP CASES-imag1843.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the review and pics! Off to order some!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #69  
Crimping Master

I use the cd/dvd cases that I buy at Office Max or Staples. They are $9.99 for 25 cases. I just pull out the black center hub and I have a clear case. You just have to make sure not to purchase the slim cases because they are molded and don't have the center that you remove. You can tell when you look at the sides of the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

My cases from Amazon came this morning and i'm VERY happy. In my opinion, these are a fantastic alternative for the SU! ones. They are the same size, same material-feeling (soft plastic), look almost identical, and they have the plastic sleeve around them just like the SU! ones do, for labels, etc. They snap pretty much the same way and i did take a few pics so everyone can see exactly what they look like. They do have a clip thingie on the inside too, for a label.

When i get time later, i'll do a review on Amazon too. I also like the fact they are the soft plastic too. I'm not a overly big fan of the hard jewel cases, because i've had a few crack & break on me. If anyone needs extra info, just pm me. Now i wish i would have bought the bigger batch of them, knowing that they are like the SU! ones.

The ones from Amazon are on the left and i also have a SU! one on the right side. HTH!!
jen could you recap the price. i'm interested in price pre one. SU's are about $1.30 w/o s/h.
these look like the best ones yet! thanks for the great photos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

jen, are there two different styles---one with clips and one without?

Never mind, I understand what you meant by right and left now

Last edited by jeanne3579; 07-30-2012 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Figured out the answer to what I was asking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

Gayla, that seller on Amazon has different amounts that you could buy. I see they have 100 cases for $65.60 and now i wish i would have bought that instead of the smaller amount of cases. (would have been cheaper per case for me) I hope the pics do help, i like to see things before i buy too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jen, you are the B-E-S-T!!!! Thank you so much for letting us know your opinion and the fantastic pictures....love how you showed the difference between the Amazon and SU ones. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

Your very welcome Brenda! I was happy to help anyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #75  
Glitter Guru

I like your die storage. What are they stored in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I've been using the system described below for 3 years for my unmounted stamps and love it. I use the small size (9 1/4 x 7). I use the white binders and when I found they were to be discontinued, I bought 300 of them on sale for 87 cents each. Since this picture was taken I've added a rotating DVD case to hold my SU cases.

The univenture cases are also good storage for stickles and refill inks.

I tried the envelopes for storing my dies and I didn't like it. I bought a bunch from CTMH and switched to the system in the picture that I saw on the internet. I'm loving it so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #76  
SAH
Inking Addict

Jen - could the clips be easily removed from the Amazon cases? I would want to have storage panels on both sides, so would prefer them flat. Also, do they have the insert area in front of the clips or is there a hole in the actual case? Just curious if the insert would maybe cover the hole.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #77  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayStampsPleaseView Post
I like your die storage. What are they stored in?
The dies are on magnets attached to the plastic file folder tabs from the retired SU box that snapped together. Luckily another demo here at SCS wasn't using hers so I was able to trade.

The folders sit in those clear acrylic picture frames from Michaels. These are the frames that some people stored their wood mount stamps in. I saw online where someone was using a wood file box but I went for less expensive version. I've been using the system for a couple of months and I like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #78  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the reply . Isn't it always, when we want something...we can't get it! Lol. The law of stamping :twisted: lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
The dies are on magnets attached to the plastic file folder tabs from the retired SU box that snapped together. Luckily another demo here at SCS wasn't using hers so I was able to trade.

The folders sit in those clear acrylic picture frames from Michaels. These are the frames that some people stored their wood mount stamps in. I saw online where someone was using a wood file box but I went for less expensive version. I've been using the system for a couple of months and I like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #79  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the great info and pic's! Going to have to order some myself

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #80  
Glitter Guru

I saw a thread where people are sharing the su inserts for the sets. I was trying to figure out how to change the colors and such but didn't see a template that was customizable like your mentioning. Can you share?
Thank so much

Quote:

oh yes....I've seen some wonderful altered projects using the soft cases. I love that it comes with a protective layer where you can insert your own label. I have a template that I use to change colors/images for the different companies. That way, when I have them on my shelf, I can distinguish between companies.

when altering, you can use DSP to decorate the outside.
Reply With Quote Likes