Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Binder storage for Cuttlebug and Spellbinders

Any suggestions (specific brands/links welcome!) for a portable storage binder for Cuttlebug embossing folders and Spellbinders dies? I'd like to have one place to keep all my Cuttlebug toys together that fits the card-sized folders and is secure/zips to keep the tiny nesties from falling out when I take the Bug on the road. I'm currently using gallon-sized ziplocs since I only have about 15 total, but that isn't very attractive. :p

Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click the link below to see my Nestie storage. I have my CB in a small open tote. I haven't tried to see if they'd fit into a lunchbox. I may do that......then I'll have 2 boxes!!

Nestabilites Storage - Two Peas in a Bucket

HTH,
Ginger
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is where I've gotten all of my pages: Storage Sleeves : Crop Stop!, Your one-stop cropping solution

I just use a zip around Mead binder from Wal-Mart for the pages. The nesties on the magnets are nice but heavy!!
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerdView Post
Click the link below to see my Nestie storage. I have my CB in a small open tote. I haven't tried to see if they'd fit into a lunchbox. I may do that......then I'll have 2 boxes!!

Nestabilites Storage - Two Peas in a Bucket

HTH,
Ginger
That is a brilliant {and beautiful!} idea, Ginger!! I think I may just have to use that
~Shauna~ "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
God bless our troops .:. {SK Studios blog} .:. {my Etsy shop}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Shauna--how sweet......thank you! I had the lunchbox, actually I think I have a few more (ha.....). I do want to see if the Cuttlebug embossing folders will fit in a lunchbox. If they do, then I'll decorate and make another. This does make it easy to transport!

Enjoy-
Ginger
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Here is how I have been doing my Nesties:

Nestie Storage part 1

Nestie Storage part 2

I keep all my CB folders, cutting pads etc., in Snapware containers. I don't go to crops or anything like that though. HTH.

Last edited by WAgal; 01-21-2011 at 06:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I did something similiar to WAgal. I bought photo albums at Walmart for $5.00 each and removed the photo pages. These albums are in the office supply section. Then I got some Tim Holtz clear storage pages (for his stamps) that fit the album perfectly. I use either chip board or sometimes I have something similiar at work. I cut the chip board to 6x8 and then I adhere 6x7 magnetic sheets. I get a roll of that at Michaels for $10 but always use a coupon. I label the top of each sheet. I put a magnetic sheet on each side and slip it into the holders.

I have a big white cabinet that I used to put magnetic strips in the inside of the doors, but had to take them down as each time I closed the door, I usually heard a die fall off. I have too much invested to lose any pieces and these albums are really secure.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do. Nesties are soooo fun and addicting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I have this Cuttlebug storage binder Cuttlebug Die Storage Binder 13" x 10" x 1/4" and I LOVE it, BUT, I have way outgrown it and probably should have 3 of them! The overflow is sitting in a basket now and I'm trying to decide if I should get more of the binders or just keep that one for traveling to crops and keep the basket storage for at home. Decisions, decisions!
I really think being someone that crafts at home and "on the road" makes storage and organization SO much harder. Especially since when I go to crops or to friends houses I feel the need to bring WAY more than I can use in the allotted time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

That binder looks really nice too. I keep all of my evergrowing folders in a photo box from Michaels, but I will soon outgrow that. I don't go to crops, so portability is not a problem. I do need to put all of them into my supplies binder so I know what I have. I see them on sales at the stores, and for the life of me, I can't always remember what I have. I am making a binder that I can take with me that will list everything I have, such as die cuts, inks, copics, embossing folders. I love my EF's as much as my nesties. I just bought 7 Valentines ones yesterday from ScrapAce. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I store all my cuttlebug folders in the See Ez tote/purse. I purchased it several years ago and really like it. It also holds my A, B and C plates. You could use it for nesties as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

I took a quick pic of my Cuttlebug storage. It might work for "grab on the go" for crops and such. I do like that everything is all together. The top section has the plates and embossing mats. Second section has small folders, third has the regular folders and a few of the newer larger folders, the 4th has embossing borders and the bottom has other dies like QK alphas, etc.
Name:  100_6733-1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  52.1 KB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAgalView Post
I took a quick pic of my Cuttlebug storage. It might work for "grab on the go" for crops and such. I do like that everything is all together. The top section has the plates and embossing mats. Second section has small folders, third has the regular folders and a few of the newer larger folders, the 4th has embossing borders and the bottom has other dies like QK alphas, etc.

This is a nice organized way of keeping everything together and still having the option of portability! I need to hire you out to come help me get my act together, you sure have a lot of great ideas! LOL!

p.s. I love the quote you have on the bottom of your signature, that is hysterical!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

What is the name of the storage container you used? Where did you get it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Those are Snapware and you can get them for about $6.99 at Joann's but use your coupon to save or wait until they are on sale. I scored big time last year at Big Lots and found them for $3. There are seperate dividers that are handy, too, for small pieces. I use my Snapware to put everything in for my shoebox projects at gatherings. For the swaps if we're going through a line, I take an empty tray so people can put their swap in my empty one while I pull mine out from another tray to give them. LOVE the Snapware! There are square ones, too, with dividers that are handy to put micro beads in when you are working on a project and need to dip into the beads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
Those are Snapware and you can get them for about $6.99 at Joann's but use your coupon to save or wait until they are on sale. I scored big time last year at Big Lots and found them for $3. There are seperate dividers that are handy, too, for small pieces. I use my Snapware to put everything in for my shoebox projects at gatherings. For the swaps if we're going through a line, I take an empty tray so people can put their swap in my empty one while I pull mine out from another tray to give them. LOVE the Snapware! There are square ones, too, with dividers that are handy to put micro beads in when you are working on a project and need to dip into the beads.
I've also seen them at Target with blue lids. But I think the best variety of the different sizes is at Jo's. I also used those lovely coupons on mine! Can't beat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoraAnneView Post
I really think being someone that crafts at home and "on the road" makes storage and organization SO much harder. Especially since when I go to crops or to friends houses I feel the need to bring WAY more than I can use in the allotted time!
EXACTLY my problem! It's hard for me to figure out what I may need, so I bring it all. I hate going to a 2 hour craft group meeting and bringing a 21" suitcase PLUS two totes with me just to make sure I have it all. I really like the tote you use, but I'm hoping to spend less on it so I'll keep looking for something similar. I do have the blue cuttlebug though so the blue matches. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Default Folder / Nestie storage

I store my folders in a SU clampshell. I also put my nesties in this type of clear cd sleeve STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS with a square of magnet that fits the sleeve in a separate clamshell. For the longer nesties I store them in the SU unmounted stamp case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiloView Post
I store my folders in a SU clampshell. I also put my nesties in this type of clear cd sleeve STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS with a square of magnet that fits the sleeve in a separate clamshell. For the longer nesties I store them in the SU unmounted stamp case.
Kayla I would love to see pics of what you have done. Plus do you know what that unit from Staples would be called here in the US?

Thanks, Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cuttlebug storage out of recycled envelopes

I posted pictures on my blog last year of this idea I came up with for embossing folder/die storage made out of those interoffice envelopes that usually just get tossed around my office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilypadsisView Post
I posted pictures on my blog last year of this idea I came up with for embossing folder/die storage made out of those interoffice envelopes that usually just get tossed around my office.
Wow, very cool!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilypadsisView Post
Wow, very clever idea! Great way to recycle those interoffice envelopes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

EXACTLY my problem! It's hard for me to figure out what I may need, so I bring it all. I hate going to a 2 hour craft group meeting and bringing a 21" suitcase PLUS two totes with me just to make sure I have it all
I am going to be spending a weekend at the beach with a group of about 10-12 women. We have two condo's rented and we are going to be carpooling our way to the coast. This means space is going to be very limited.

What do you take to a crop? And how do you decide what to take with you when you go to a crop? What are your "Must Haves"? Things you positively don't want to forget to take.

I would like to be organized and take just what I need but it seems like I always forget something when I go somewhere.

What should I take?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kayla I would love to see pics of what you have done. Plus do you know what that unit from Staples would be called here in the US?

Thanks, Cindy
Cindy - I don't have a pic on this puter, but will try to get one tonight. Not sure if that link worked for you or not, but here is a pic from staples of what they look like....

They are called CD / DVD Sleeves and come in a pack of 25. You can put nesties in the front and back of these sleeves as there is a lining in between the front and back. Here is a link to the US Staples for more info for ya... Staples� CD Sleeves, 25/Pack | Staples�
I copied this idea from someone here I think but can't remember who :( and haven't been able to find them since.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Binder storage for Cuttlebug and Spellbinders-nestie-storage-staples.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiloView Post
Cindy - I don't have a pic on this puter, but will try to get one tonight. Not sure if that link worked for you or not, but here is a pic from staples of what they look like....

They are called CD / DVD Sleeves and come in a pack of 25. You can put nesties in the front and back of these sleeves as there is a lining in between the front and back. Here is a link to the US Staples for more info for ya... Staples� CD Sleeves, 25/Pack | Staples�
I copied this idea from someone here I think but can't remember who :( and haven't been able to find them since.

Hope this helps
Thanks! I had to find a canadian zip code as it was asking for that before it would let me look at the sleeves. I was able to see them after that. Neat idea and one I am filing away. Thanks so much for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Not sure if it has been said yet, but I use the quickutz magnetic storage binder for my nesties. I buy them with a 40% coupon from Hobby Lobby. Here is a link to what they look like
Amazon.com: Quickutz Revolution 8 Inch by 10 Inch Cookie Cutter Magnetic Storage Book, Black: Kitchen & Dining
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

This is not my idea but something I "borrowed" from a fellow SCSer. Unfortunately I am not sure who I should credit with the idea.

If you like the CD sleeves found at Staples you might want to look at Staples for boxes with small hanging CD file folders. They sell them in a few different colors at Staples, Target and Walmart. The hanging files are very similar to the ones described above but they are like miniature hanging file folders. I use them to put my Cuttlebug folders in and they work great. The boxes made to store the hanging files are covered with a durable, almost canvas-like, fabric that can be wiped with a damp cloth when needed. Embossing folders can fit in the front and back of the hanging folder.

This box does not have a handle so that might make them a little more difficult to transport. Also, some of the new larger embossing folders won't fit in these, so I end up putting them in a lunchbox-type tin. Otherwise I have found this a pretty great way to store a lot of folders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
What do you take to a crop? And how do you decide what to take with you when you go to a crop? What are your "Must Haves"? Things you positively don't want to forget to take.

I would like to be organized and take just what I need but it seems like I always forget something when I go somewhere.

What should I take?
I won't profess to be an expert at this because I also always end up taking way too much, but will share what my group did last time. We coordinated with each other (four of us) so we avoided bringing too many duplicates. For instance, one brought her Cuttlebug and I brought my embossing folders/die holder that I'd made. I brought my Cricut and another brought all her cartridges since I'm a Sure Cuts A Lot user, but don't have a laptop. We asked ahead for certain punches, stamp sets, etc. that we knew another person had so they'd bring them.

Another really awesome suggestion I read about and plan on using next time is to get everything all lined up at home for the cards and/or layouts you plan on getting done at your crop. Put all the paper, embellishments, pictures, etc. in a big zipper bag by page or cards. If you have everything planned out ahead of time you are less likely to overpack. My first crop experience was an utter disaster because I didn't have concrete plans ahead of time and only ended up with four pages for a 12 hour crop! It was a fun experience anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks! I had to find a canadian zip code as it was asking for that before it would let me look at the sleeves. I was able to see them after that. Neat idea and one I am filing away. Thanks so much for sharing!
WAgal - here is that picture I promised of the nestie storage in the cd/dvd sleeves....

then I just store all of them in a SU clamshell..fairly cheap storage
Attached Thumbnails
Binder storage for Cuttlebug and Spellbinders-nestie-storage.jpg  

Last edited by Skilo; 02-02-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just posted mine today on my blog. I had so many different ideas on what to do, and came up with a solution that will work for me. Can you take it to a crop? yeah, though it's probably a bit bulky, but you could take out a few and carry in a ziploc if you didn't want to bring them all.

I bought magnetic vent covers, and cut them into pieces, mounted the pieces to card stock that I've written the name of the dies on, and filed them in a photo box, that I've sectioned off with some foam core board.

It was less than $15 to put it together, I've got plenty of room to grow, and I even figured out how to store my long border dies, thanks to my smart hubby

*Insert Creative Witty Blog Name Here*: Getting Organized...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002View Post
cool idea your DH had!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Default embossing folders

Using an expanding folder workes...the one I have has plastic file folders and instead of bills, I file my folders for embossing..it has a carrying handle so is very handy...4 to 6 dollars at the store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

ok so my spelling of the word works didn't work....smiles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

At one time I stored all mine on Magnet sheets and in zippered pouch,

I didn't like it. So now I'm using a Magnet Storage folder like this

It works great!! I can now take it with me to my friends house and scrap.

The only thing is I had to go to 2 Hobby Lobby's to get them.

Cause the stores only carry one each. Which make no sense to me.

Plus I used my 40% off Coupon. I just need two more and I'll be set.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

I saw recently on facebook where someone cut magnetic canvas to fit the nestie sets then put them on, then you can put them in a 4 pocket page protector.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

I like that magnetic folder that just may work for me.. Thanks for sharing.. I am trying to get more orgnized and everyones comments and suggestions are helping in that quest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

This is how I store mine. I got the idea from Becca Feekan's website. She stores her justrite stamps like this and I think it works great for the nesties.

Last edited by StamperCathy; 05-20-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperCathyView Post
This is how I store mine. I got the idea from Becca Feekan's website. She stores her justrite stamps like this and I think it works great for the nesties.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1737793677146.2090930.1007753587#!/photo.php?fbid=1737793757148&set=a.1737793677146.2090930.1007753587&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...930.1007753587

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your link doesn't work:

Is this what you're trying to post?

Spellbinders Storage � Organization � Spellbinders � Amazing Paper Grace

JustRite Stamp Storage � JustRite Stampers � Organization � Amazing Paper Grace

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #38  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Yes, I took her just rite stamp storage binder, added magnetic pages and I can store 38 sets of nesties in one album. Thanks for posting the working link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #39  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

I use a binder box:

ETA: for the nesties that don't 'nest'....I split them up into two sets...like the scallop hearts...
Attached Thumbnails
Binder storage for Cuttlebug and Spellbinders-nestabilities-binder-box.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to Home Depot this morning and bought the magnetic vent covers, thanks to the earlier post above! I used the stability piece of cardboard from designer paper to cut out the shape to layer them on. I have them in a basket that I can flip through to find what I need. Thank you SO much for all the great suggestions. I think I'm going to like it!

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else.� Judy Garland
Reply With Quote Likes