Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 247 Likes on 187 Posts
Smile Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
I use Scrapbooking Binders from StampingScrapping.com. I cut down magnetic sheets that I purchased from Home Depot (magnetic air vent covers) and can quite a few dies on the sheets. I get 2.5 sheets cut from each of the 3 covers.
This information is such a help, as are these links. I was able to check inventory on the magnetic sheets from my home computer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #42  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
I use Scrapbooking Binders from StampingScrapping.com. I cut down magnetic sheets that I purchased from Home Depot (magnetic air vent covers) and can quite a few dies on the sheets. I get 2.5 sheets cut from each of the 3 covers.
The StampingScrapping/HomeDepot system looks like a nice system and very reasonable pricing on both parts. I may have to try this one ! l
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

The folder storage system from StampingScrapping looks interesting - the Deco Color Extra Fine paint marker in white is a good idea...I like the Tim Holtz binder that zips closed but couldn't find it on the website.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #44  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Art Bin Alternative

I use the sheets that fit in the Art Bin Case but instead of the case I store them in an Iris Card Keeper. I didn't like the latches on the AB case. The magnetic sheets fit perfectly in the Card Keeper or you could make your own. The Card Keeper comes with several sturdy divider too.

Card Keeper*: Storage Boxes & Tubs*: storage*: *Shop | Joann.com

Blitsy is offering the Art Bin Case as a Black Friday deal too if you are interested in that.

It's still Black Friday at Blitsy!
Distress Stains-TH Dies & Embossing Folders-Full Set of Distress Markers (74.95!)-3M ATG Tape Glider-Stickles Dry Glitter-Action Wobbles-LaBlanche Stamps-Distress Embossing Powders-Spellbinders Magnetic Storage-Diversions Dies-Talking Tags-Distress Crackle Paint-Zentangle Books & Pens....and more! New deals every Mon-Wed-Fri.

Customer Login

Full disclosure: I will receive a credit when/if you order from the site. Other than that, I receive no credit. They DO NOT blast your e-mail with junk, install tool bars, change your home page or search engine, etc... New deals every Mon-Wed-Fri.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm not sure I'm going to switch my dies to that box but it's a great looking storage box and I think I need to get one....I'm sure it will be perfect for some kind of papercraft storage - thanks for the heads up....now to get over to JoAnn's today lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Default my storage system

Hello all -

I used the Snap Lock plastic storage cases from Joann's...You get two larger ones and one shallower one plus a lid. I cut the magnetic sheets from the big box hardware place (Menard's) and put the dies on the magnetic side. Then I put that into a sleeve that's from the craft store (Michael's, Hobby Lobby?) that's used for a smaller scrapbook. I think they were called Scrapbook Jr.'s? I put the front panel from the Spellbinder package onto the white side of the magnetic sheet with mono so that I have the picture of what set it is. Then, because I am SO ****, I cut a sample of each die and do the embossed edge as well. This way, when I want to use it on a card, I can see how it will fit; or if I'm layering, I can see how that will look. This was helpful when I wanted to do a project that required the extra large oval punch from SU - I don't have it but found a die that was the perfect match!

I keep all the circles/ovals in one large one; all the rectangles/squares in another large one; then (because I have several of these) - all the misc ones are in a large; all of my plates are in a large; etc.

All of these snap together to make one large tower. Works well for me plus the cases are cheap (especially with a 40% off coupon) and so are the magnetic sheets (which, by the way, are the exact length I need - all I do is match up the Spellbinder insert for the width)

Hope this helps someone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Default Art Bin Magnetic sheets

I love the Art Bin storage system for spellbinders and dies. My only problem is that I have one set of the magnetic sheets that nothing will stick to. Has anyone else had this problem? I ordered them online so it will be a problem trying to exchange them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #48  
Glitter Queen

I would contact ArtBin about it and see what they say, most likely they will exchange it for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Default Art bin magnetic storage keeper.

I just recently purchased this and I love it! I use to use the magnetic sheets cut them down and put my dies on it and then into a storage/cd box from Walmart. On some, I also attached the magnetic sheet onto mat board. Now I have nothing to cut, nothing to glue, take the die and put it on the sheet and I'm done! I only purchase the x-tra refill sheets when I have a coupon! I also use my label maker to label the die and put it on the sheet with the die.

Just my opinion about this storage case! I have not had any problems with the dies sliding off. Really like it and it can be easy to take on the go if needed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #50  
Mad Swapper

I have been looking at the EZ Magnetic sheets from Crafter's Companion. I like the idea of the 3 ring binder so you can flip through the book. From what i saw of the Art Bin ones they are on magnetic sheets but just lay inside the case.

If anyone has the EZ Magnetic system can you give a review. What do you think of it so far?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbpView Post
I have been looking at the EZ Magnetic sheets from Crafter's Companion. I like the idea of the 3 ring binder so you can flip through the book. From what i saw of the Art Bin ones they are on magnetic sheets but just lay inside the case.

If anyone has the EZ Magnetic system can you give a review. What do you think of it so far?
I started using the Magnetic Binder Box and Pages from Taylored Expressions back in December, and I ordered more pages today. I love it.

I can get about 12 magnetic sheets inside one binder box, and it's so nice to be able to keep all of my dies from one store in one place - just flipping through when I need something.

My previous die storage was a combination of some clear folders and to throw the rest of them all in a drawer, so this is definitely much better. Plus, when I went to my mom's for Christmas, I just grabbed the binder and left. So easy.

You can see a video explanation here: Magnetic Binder Box Inserts - YouTube

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Thank you Lori. I just went to check it out and, unfortunately, the shipping is way too expensive for me. About $48.00 to Canada.

But, you did get me thinking. I thought I would need the 12 x 12 size but after watching the video link above I decided to pull out all my dies and see how they would fit in the mini one that is 5.5 x 8.25. I actually like this idea better because I have mostly nestabilities and they can be stored 2 sets per page. I have them in DVD cases right now with one set on each side. So, switching to a mini book style will work great for me. The sets can stay together and they will be much easier to actually use. I keep them in a card box right now and its such a bother to get them out. Then you have to take out almost all of them to find what you are looking for.

Thank you for your most helpful review. I do shop online so I will keep looking until I find something with cheaper shipping.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #53  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up Magnetic on both side of sheets

I was disappointed that both sides weren't magnetic. BUT you make a very good point: the metal dies rubbing against each other would probably not be good. Yes, we could use protective sheets in between each sheet, but that's one more step, time and expense. I'm trying to keep things simple.

Thanks for sharing.

PS where did you get your magnetic roll???

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyeandpigmentView Post
I just purchased the case and two extra pkgs of the magnetic sheets from Archivers. I am a bit disappointed in the small size of the case but my disappointment is overrided(sp?) by the convenience of the sturdiness of the case AND having a handle.... ... To comment on having the dies on both sides: I would think the dies rubbing together might damage them. I suppose one could put a buffer sheet between them though. Just my thoughts to share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #54  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up Nestabilities in Day Runner and durable plastic zip folders

Thank you so much for the great idea: I have my "specialty" dies like flowers in the Artbin case and LOVE it.

Now I am ready to store the circles, squares, rectangles etc.

I have a couple a Dayrunner half size durable binders and I have a dozen or so of the zipper cases that I currently use for favorite stamps, like my Penny black acrylic flower stamps etc. I may be able to free some of those up and not have to buy so many additional Artbin magnetic sheets. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trudy AnnView Post
I bought the Artbin magnetic sheets for my smaller dies as my previous system of baseball card sleeves wasn't working. ... ... I keep all my nestabilities that I frame images with (I have 19 sets) in a dayrunner binder that I picked up at the Goodwill for $1.00. The nesties are in zipper plastic cases that you can buy at office supply stores for $3.50 each. That is expensive but since my binder was almost free I justified it. I love this system. The cases are thick and strong and hold atleast 2 sets.

I had cut magnetic sheets to keep them on too but that got
too heavy so now I just have cardstock between the sets. I have been doing this for over 2 years. So far I am loving having all
my small dies in the case with the artbin magnet sheets and I love that they
are WHITE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #55  
Cardstock Collector

A friend of mine just showed me her magnetic art bin this weekend. I think it looks perfect for taking dies to a crop or for travel. I'm not sure I'd like it on my crafting desk, as I like to see what I have rather than flip through the pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

I did not see an answer to this question. I would also like to know how many magnetic sheets with the nesties on them can fit into this? :-) LM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
How many sheets can the ARTBIN holder hold? Right now I have 6 but have more dies. . .

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstampsView Post
I did not see an answer to this question. I would also like to know how many magnetic sheets with the nesties on them can fit into this? :-) LM
I have this! I read somewhere that it will hold 21 of the sheets. I think it was on the packaging of the sheets! I really like the Artbin to hold my nesties and the other thin dies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #58  
Compulsive Stamper

I made my own, I used the suggestions on this video
Spellbinders Nestabilities Storage - YouTube
I I just used a 3 ring binder and magnetic paper on laminated sheets. Cheap refills, I can make as many as I need and spend most my money on more stamps and dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #59  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Organizing many dies

Art Bin Magnetic Die Storage Case

I found my way of organizing my dies using the Art Bin Magnetic Die or taping several business magnetic cards together on a 8x10" card board.

1st: Sort by shape or whatever you can remember and put the dies on this magnetic plate.
2nd: Use about 1" to a 1 1/2" binder with clear plastic paper protector and put one magnetic storage die with in each plastic paper protector.
3rd: Label each binder and this will fit in any book case or something of that size.

I can find my dies and put them back in that folder. Some of my binders are labeled by identify of unusual shapes such as: Parasol, Shoes, Butterflies and I have one binder labeled, Decorative Frames, binder with just words and another binder that will have a label Circles and Ovals or Rectangle and Squares. Depends how many dies you have and within time, it will be easy to keep track of what you have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this Art Bin System. I bought one and filled it up, and then bought a second one. It does hold 21 magnetic sheets. The case itself is a good size, and is easy to store. For those of you who want to see a picture:

Framelits Organization by LMstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LM :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #61  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Do you only get one set to a sheet? I store mine in CD cases but I would need at least two or three of these just for my current dies and i Buy them still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

It depends on how big the set is. I just about always get 2 sets to a sheet, and sometimes 3 for smaller sets. The one I pictured, just had one set on it because I tend to put sets together on a sheet that "go together", and I didn't have anything that "went with" this as the time I took the picture. HTH! :-) LM

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #63  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstampsView Post
It depends on how big the set is. I just about always get 2 sets to a sheet, and sometimes 3 for smaller sets. The one I pictured, just had one set on it because I tend to put sets together on a sheet that "go together", and I didn't have anything that "went with" this as the time I took the picture. HTH! :-) LM
I'm thinking this might work for me. And I'm also thinking of maybe combining sets. Like labels 1 small and labels 1 large. I could put them together. Same with circles small and large, etc. I will look that storage bin over next time I'm at acmoore. I already love artbin marker storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

Default EZ Magnetic sheets from Crafter's Companion

Also, I would like to know of reviews of EZ Magnetic sheets 8x11. I use the ArtBin but 8x11 would make me want to switch since I store my ArtBin in paper protectors in a binder. ArtBin is strong but would like the idea that I can store on both sides which would cut down on weight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #65  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Art Bin

What I like best about the Art Bin is it's sturdiness - easy to carry, easy to store. I like the magnetic sheets that come with it better than the magnetic vent covers someone recommended - they are cheaper but the magnets aren't as strong IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm afraid I would need more than one! If you can get 2 sets on each magnetic sheet, that's only 44 sets per box. I may be able to condense that a little bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #67  
Embossing Fanatic

I have one of those big storage cases from Quick Kutz...filled that up and then started on the Art Bin lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #68  
Embossing Fanatic

Default EZ magnetic sheets 8x11

I love my ArtBins and order 2 EZ Magnetic sheets from Joann Fabric which should be here tomorrow. I noticed from the information about EZ Magnetic sheets is that she only store dies on one side and the other side is for rubber stamps. I have a few dies and stamps that are a set so this might work. Otherwise, I tried magnetic sheets for business cards that were 8x11 and the sheets were too weak to hold much of any thing and the dies would fall off of the sheet. Since the magnetic sheets and Art Bins are in a paper protector and in white 1" binders which makes it heavy with too many Art Bins in a binder. That is why I limit to 1 to 1 1/2" binders, otherwise, too heavy. I'll let you know what I think about EZ Magnetic sheets since I am getting picky now about organizing my metal dies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy on PrairieView Post
Also, I would like to know of reviews of EZ Magnetic sheets 8x11. I use the ArtBin but 8x11 would make me want to switch since I store my ArtBin in paper protectors in a binder. ArtBin is strong but would like the idea that I can store on both sides which would cut down on weight.
Reply With Quote Likes