Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #641  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather BeckView Post
Can someone please tell me what the correct way to use the Paper Trey Ink new dies are in the Cuttlebug?? I have been searching and I can't find it anywhere!
Thank you in advance
I just use the same sandwich that I use for the Cuttlebug dies and the Nesties -

from the bottom, A plate, C plate, cardstock, die face down, B plate.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #642  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I just use the same sandwich that I use for the Cuttlebug dies and the Nesties -

from the bottom, A plate, C plate, cardstock, die face down, B plate.
I would either flip C plate & B plate, or flip the die over and put the cardstock on top of it. You don't want to cut into your C plate.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #643  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: I am a Military Wife. Right now Maryland, soon, retirement, then back home to Pa.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone!! I bought a few of them and really was afraid that i would mess them up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #644  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather BeckView Post
Thank you everyone!! I bought a few of them and really was afraid that i would mess them up.
sounds like you got what you needed - use the same sandwich as the Nesties... i'll have to update the chart ;)
Old 08-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #645  
Rubber Obsessor

Anyone have thoughts, problems, sandwich suggestion for the new Cuttlebug Quilling Kits?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #646  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorianna3344View Post
Anyone have thoughts, problems, sandwich suggestion for the new Cuttlebug Quilling Kits?

From the videos my impression is that they are cut the same way as all of the other cuttlebug dies. They are a little bit thinner so A, B, paper, die, C. They are also supposed to have the suggested sandwich written on the die.

Last edited by BillieDee; 08-02-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #647  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorianna3344View Post
I haven't seen these in person, but here's a video showing the sandwich (A, B & C) & a little how to:
Cuttlebug Blog: *NEW* Cuttlebug Quilling Kits!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #648  
Rubber Obsessor

This is an awesome resource, thank you so much for posting this
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #649  
Kookie Creator

Great thread! Hope to get a Cuttlebug soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #650  
Compulsive Stamper

I just found this document (Cuttlebug stacks), but when I try to view it, it comes up as 4 or 5 short lines of jibberish. I am not really proficient on the computer, but this is information I have been asking for for some time. Can you help me open the document ?
Thanks a bunch !
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #651  
Matboard Maniac

include the link to the page you cannot load properly, them maybe someone will be able to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #652  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatView Post
I'm moving the Sandwich download to this forum so that I can post updates without bugging the mods (thanks Kim for the suggestion!).

I've read through the hundreds (it's thousands now, right?) of posts in the Cuttlebugitis thread, as well as other threads on the boards regarding die-cutting and compatibility between dies and machines.

So, I made up a chart on Cuttlebug Sandwich Stacks based on info I found on the boards, and PMs from users that had tried some unique things.

This list is NOT complete, but I'll add to it and repost if SCSers have additional findings. Hopefully, someone else will find this as useful as I have.

Enjoy!

NOTE: The Cuttlebugs tend to differ in space inside the machine, so be sure to ERR ON THE THIN SIDE when putting new stacks into your machine!
Are you talking about this one? Post #1 in this thread with the PDF download?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #653  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts

I should always come here first. Just bought a Texturz plate from SU and have been trying to figure out how to use it. Why don't I learn - try this AWESOME WEBSITE and you will always find the information you want/need. Cat - thanks again for yet more helpful information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #654  
Insane Embellisher

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default sizzix xl dies and extension plates?

would they work in the cuttlebug? thanks for the informative thread! there are so many new dies stuff on the market and i want them!;);) HUGS!

karen adams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #655  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Default UPDATED!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorView Post
I should always come here first. Just bought a Texturz plate from SU and have been trying to figure out how to use it. Why don't I learn - try this AWESOME WEBSITE and you will always find the information you want/need. Cat - thanks again for yet more helpful information!
i forget that lesson sometimes too, when i'm looking for somethign. glad i could help!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mzkangakView Post
would they work in the cuttlebug? thanks for the informative thread! there are so many new dies stuff on the market and i want them!;);) HUGS!
i'm thinking the Sizzix XL dies fit in the cuttlebug, but i don't have any... the XL dies are 6" wide.

Melody confirms that the Sizzix XL dies DO FIT in the cuttlebug - however, the Sizzix extender plates are too wide, so you'll need to use other extenders.

Last edited by Cat; 02-03-2011 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #656  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl FaxonView Post
I just found this document (Cuttlebug stacks), but when I try to view it, it comes up as 4 or 5 short lines of jibberish. I am not really proficient on the computer, but this is information I have been asking for for some time. Can you help me open the document ?
Thanks a bunch !
Cheryl
Cheryl -try saving the file to your desktop first. then, open Acrobat Reader, and File-Open the file. some pc's can't open the file directly from the post.

let us know if that works.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #657  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzkangakView Post

karen adams
I believe the Sizzix XL dies will fit in the cuttlebug (snug fit), BUT the Sizzix plates do NOT -- they are just a tiny bit too wide.

However, there are now extender plates available for cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #658  
Cardstock Collector

I just got my "Bug" for Christmas. I LOVE it and am so glad I found this forum and the others to help me along. Thanks so much for the stacking info. Cat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #659  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

I'm moving the Sandwich download to this forum so that I can post updates without bugging the mods (thanks Kim for the suggestion!).

I've read through the hundreds (it's thousands now, right?) of posts in the Cuttlebugitis thread, as well as other threads on the boards regarding die-cutting and compatibility between dies and machines.

So, I made up a chart on Cuttlebug Sandwich Stacks based on info I found on the boards, and PMs from users that had tried some unique things.

This list is NOT complete, but I'll add to it and repost if SCSers have additional findings. Hopefully, someone else will find this as useful as I have.

Enjoy!

NOTE: The Cuttlebugs tend to differ in space inside the machine, so be sure to ERR ON THE THIN SIDE when putting new stacks into your machine!
This is so awesome! It must have taken ages to do. Thank you so much. Hope you have some answers for someone who has used the cuttlebug extensively, but only recently got a few Quickutz dies. I found the sandwich for regular--guess what I have is regular--and the order is A, B, Die, Cardstock, C. Seems to me that the cutting blade would end up cutting my C plate with this order and that would not be good. Could I switch around the Die and Cardstock so that the blade is down and will end up cutting into my B plate that is already cut many times? I can't see any reason not to, but then I'm not a genius at this like you are. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #660  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
This is so awesome! It must have taken ages to do. Thank you so much. Hope you have some answers for someone who has used the cuttlebug extensively, but only recently got a few Quickutz dies. I found the sandwich for regular--guess what I have is regular--and the order is A, B, Die, Cardstock, C. Seems to me that the cutting blade would end up cutting my C plate with this order and that would not be good. Could I switch around the Die and Cardstock so that the blade is down and will end up cutting into my B plate that is already cut many times? I can't see any reason not to, but then I'm not a genius at this like you are. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
I would think there should be no problem with that. I don't have any quickutz dies, but I flip all my other dies whichever way I want and don't have a problem. If you don't want to flip your die over, just switch the order of your plates. I NEVER cut into my C plate, because those cost more to replace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #661  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Jeanne - i flip my stacks and dies all the time to make sure that i'm always cutting into the same plate. i don't think you'll have a problem. although, some dies are made to get pressure from one direction (i read that somewhere), so, i'd certainly CAREFULLY test it before using your favorite QC die ;)

report back and let us know what you figure out.

thx.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #662  
Matboard Maniac

Cat, thank you for putting this all together for us. I have a question.
Will you just update the first post whenever you make changes or additions, or are there updates here and there throughout the thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #663  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
Cat, thank you for putting this all together for us. I have a question.
Will you just update the first post whenever you make changes or additions, or are there updates here and there throughout the thread?
thanks for your sweet comments! several years ago i moved all my templates and list to this forum, because it is one of the few that allows edits to the original post. i would remove the file on the first post and replace it with a new one.

there haven't been a lot of edits in the last year or two... maybe i ought to think about that?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #664  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Jeanne - i flip my stacks and dies all the time to make sure that i'm always cutting into the same plate. i don't think you'll have a problem. although, some dies are made to get pressure from one direction (i read that somewhere), so, i'd certainly CAREFULLY test it before using your favorite QC die ;)

report back and let us know what you figure out.

thx.
I did switch the plates, to A plate, B plate, card stock, die, C plate, and it worked fine, cutting into my B plate, (instead of A plate, B plate, die, card stock, C plate as stated on the chart). I also read the post following mine that asked about revisions and updates. Perhaps if you do an update, you could change the order of the plates for the regular Quickutz dies as the way it is stated, the C plate would get cut. Thanks so much for your hard work and your response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #665  
Pearl-ExPert

As I reread my previous post, I realized that I did not switch the plates from the instructions, but rather the order of the die and card stock. The plates were in the correct order, but if the die was placed under the card stock, it would have cut the C plate. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #666  
Forum Fanatic

Does anyone know the "sandwich" for the Amuse dies? I just got a couple today, but no directions come with them. thanks!

https://momomakes.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #667  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmomView Post
Does anyone know the "sandwich" for the Amuse dies? I just got a couple today, but no directions come with them. thanks!
I've never seen them. Are they thin like spellbinders? or MFT or Papertrey? If so, then use the same sandwich as you would use for those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #668  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you so much for this!! So helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #669  
Insane Embellisher

Hi all! I just wanted to ask two quick questions~~Are the Bigz dies the same as the BI's??? So would that be the same sandwich?? Also, has anyone figured out how to hand make some embossing plates?? TFH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #670  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjcape521View Post
Hi all! I just wanted to ask two quick questions~~Are the Bigz dies the same as the BI's??? So would that be the same sandwich?? Also, has anyone figured out how to hand make some embossing plates?? TFH!
What are BI's?

Here are some instructions for DIY embossing plates: Mel Stampz: Free-hand cut D.I.Y. Cereal box Cuttlebug or Pressure Embossing Plates

Mel Stampz: Custom Embossing folders!!!!! From Breakfast Cereal to Artsy Embossing!

A La Cards: DIY Embossing Plates...SO Easy!!

I also saw someone (sorry I can't remember who's blog) heat emboss an image and then use that raised image as a dry embossing plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #671  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
What are BI's?

Here are some instructions for DIY embossing plates: Mel Stampz: Free-hand cut D.I.Y. Cereal box Cuttlebug or Pressure Embossing Plates

Mel Stampz: Custom Embossing folders!!!!! From Breakfast Cereal to Artsy Embossing!

A La Cards: DIY Embossing Plates...SO Easy!!

I also saw someone (sorry I can't remember who's blog) heat emboss an image and then use that raised image as a dry embossing plate.
+

Thanx for the awesome links! I used to subscribe to Mel's, but she was not consistent in posts, so dropped it~~she is outstanding however! I actually made a mistake asking about BI's---that was Big Impressions. I did go back and read the chart again, and you can used the Bigz dies in a Cuttlebug. This thread is a fantastic resource!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #672  
Pearl-ExPert

I've so loved having this wonderful chart for using my Cuttlebug and have found it reliable until today. I follow the last suggestion for embossing with my Fiskers Texture Plates with great results. Recently I purchased an SU! Texturz Plate and ran it through the same way as they are listed together. The first time seemed a bit harder, but the results were great. I turned the plate over and it seemed really hard at first then went easier until I got 2" into the design and my C Plate shattered. Obviously, it was too thick and I want to try something a bit thinner (when I get a new C Plate), but I'm always confused when "chipboard" is listed as an option. There are soooo many thicknesses of chipboard that I hardly know where to start. Then there is the problem of slightly heavier card stock that can make or BREAK the deal, too. Is there really that much difference between Fiskers and SU Sixxix plates? Help! Anyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #673  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I've so loved having this wonderful chart for using my Cuttlebug and have found it reliable until today. I follow the last suggestion for embossing with my Fiskers Texture Plates with great results. Recently I purchased an SU! Texturz Plate and ran it through the same way as they are listed together. The first time seemed a bit harder, but the results were great. I turned the plate over and it seemed really hard at first then went easier until I got 2" into the design and my C Plate shattered. Obviously, it was too thick and I want to try something a bit thinner (when I get a new C Plate), but I'm always confused when "chipboard" is listed as an option. There are soooo many thicknesses of chipboard that I hardly know where to start. Then there is the problem of slightly heavier card stock that can make or BREAK the deal, too. Is there really that much difference between Fiskers and SU Sixxix plates? Help! Anyone!!!
I don't have any Fiskars plates, so I don't know the answer to that question, but I agree that there are many thicknesses of chipboard. It is ALWAYS best to start with THIN! Where one person may have to use chipboard, someone else can get by with just a couple thicknesses of card stock. Your sandwich can also vary by what you are embossing (thick or thin). If you are unsure, start thin and increase bit by bit. As you get familiar with your cuttlebug, you 'know' the feel of what is too thick. Don't try to force anything. Experiment if you need to to get the right sandwich. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #674  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks. I was just so surprised that there was such a difference between the Fiskers texture plates and the ones sold by SU--especially since they were listed together on the chart. I will try again when I get my new C plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #675  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Thanks. I was just so surprised that there was such a difference between the Fiskers texture plates and the ones sold by SU--especially since they were listed together on the chart. I will try again when I get my new C plate.
While without your C plate, you can probably still use them. Use a B plate plus extra shims (card stock and/or chipboard) until you get the right sandwich. A little less convenient, but still workable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #676  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, thanks. If I need to, I'll certainly try. I can get B Plates locally if I break one, but had to order the C Plate on line. Oh, the woes of living remote!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #677  
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much for putting this list together! I know I will be referencing it over and over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #678  
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Skype™ to jogrybali

Thanks, it is most appreciated.
jogry/bali
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #679  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Does anyone know if the new Stampin' Up! Framelits and Edgelits will work in the Cuttlebug? And if yes, what sandwich would you use?

The framelits are like these Sizzix ones:
Sizzix Framelits | Sizzix.com

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #680  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by QbeeView Post
Does anyone know if the new Stampin' Up! Framelits and Edgelits will work in the Cuttlebug? And if yes, what sandwich would you use?

The framelits are like these Sizzix ones:
Sizzix Framelits | Sizzix.com

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Use the same sandwich as for spellbinders - plates A, B & C
Reply With Quote Likes