Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #601  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you two are funny.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #602  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporteView Post
you two are funny.....
Only two?! :cool: :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 AM   #603  
Embossing Fanatic

Am I being setup here? Tell me that is not a condo unit and it's a retirement home for the good sisters of St. Mary of Perpetual Hope
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 AM   #604  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmr1957View Post
Am I being setup here? Tell me that is not a condo unit and it's a retirement home for the good sisters of St. Mary of Perpetual Hope
LOL! Quite a retirement home for the good sisters, then! It's one of the ones with an inner atrium three stories (or so) high with a pool, patio tables, palm trees ... from the pics it looks more like a holiday resort than a home (either meaning for that word 'home'!). I'm thinking the condo fees are a tad steep (there's also the community center, the gym, the outdoor pool, tennis courts ...).

ETA: What caught my attention on this one is that the association is 'corporate owned' and I'm not sure what that means/how it works.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 09-22-2010 at 04:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #605  
Embossing Fanatic

I was laughing - cause the first time i saw the name of it I really did think it was associated with the church. I do like this area though, wish you luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #606  
Kookie Creator

Whooo hoooo - tonight starts a weekend at home in my stamping room, getting ready for the next two weekends in a row of stamping retreats. Oh how I LOVE the fall - beautiful colors and so many fun things to do with so many great friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #607  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeveyView Post
Whooo hoooo - tonight starts a weekend at home in my stamping room, getting ready for the next two weekends in a row of stamping retreats. Oh how I LOVE the fall - beautiful colors and so many fun things to do with so many great friends!
Yes, fall is the best! OMGoodness! Three weekends in a row of playing with stamps. Lucky girl!

How's that foot of yours? I have a friend who had some (pretty major surgery) on her foot (arthritis) at the beginning of June and just yesterday was able to wear a real tennie. It was a big day! She's not too sad to be leaving her lovely boot behind her. lol! (Although it hasn't been totally tossed just yet ... but there's a day comin' now!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #608  
Kookie Creator

The foot is healing well but I'm afraid that I'm now one of those old people that says that my bones are telling me about the weather that's coming! Last weekend, Al & I camped in a tepee - my foot hurt so much just before the storms came - I was glad I brought my pain pills along even though I haven't been taking them! The same happened one night this week when we had a storm. Part of life, I guess! I can finally get it wet (aka take a shower instead of bath) tomorrow and I can't wait! I don't know when the boot will go away, I'm still all bandaged up and scabby. YUK.

How's the house hunting, Jeaniebean? Hartford is only about 30 minutes from the condos that you're talking about so if we all meet in the Waukesha/Brookfield area there's LOTS of craft stores, stamping/scrapping stores around there. (That is exactly what you're looking for, right?) Are you still working?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2010, 05:05 AM   #609  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The foot is healing well but I'm afraid that I'm now one of those old people that says that my bones are telling me about the weather that's coming! Last weekend, Al & I camped in a tepee - my foot hurt so much just before the storms came - I was glad I brought my pain pills along even though I haven't been taking them! The same happened one night this week when we had a storm. Part of life, I guess! I can finally get it wet (aka take a shower instead of bath) tomorrow and I can't wait! I don't know when the boot will go away, I'm still all bandaged up and scabby. YUK.

How's the house hunting, Jeaniebean? Hartford is only about 30 minutes from the condos that you're talking about so if we all meet in the Waukesha/Brookfield area there's LOTS of craft stores, stamping/scrapping stores around there. (That is exactly what you're looking for, right?) Are you still working?
Is your avi you in front of your teepee?! Sitting cross legged?! If so, I'm verrrrrry impressed!

Yes, the house sold! I'm now living in a leeeetle efficiency (not by efficiency standards, actually ... but when you're used to a three bedroom house ...). What am I doing with myself? Hmmmm ... the easiest way to answer that is to say this year I'm a research student. I'll be subbing here and there, but my main goal this year is to explore several things that are going on in the education world.

In a year (or two?) I will be in a school that truly honors kids as individual learners, preparing them for the 21st century world they will live in. (Could write a book on this, seriously thinking about doing a blog.) Wherever I land, I hope to be an easy flight from DS and mortgage free. (and of course, loaded with good stamp places and friends ... that's a 'need' not a 'want' right?! lol!)

Milwaukee is doing some exciting things in the charter school arena (they're also doing some terrible things). Madison has the university, a fantastic resource. (And so many of my IRL friends are here.) Minneapolis/St. Paul has some interesting things going on. There are places further away, but my budget can't handle too many long distance trips ... sigh. So, between the brains to pick and the places to visit, Madison, for now is a great in-the-middle place. I'll be a busy girl and grateful for this year that will allow it to happen.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 09-25-2010 at 05:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #610  
Kookie Creator

Yup, that's me in front of the tepee - it was a wonderful weekend! My bucket list has on it to sleep in a tepee in the southwest U.S. - it means with real Native Americans to learn from and experience their lifestyle. A canvas tepee at Kohler Andre is as close to that as I can afford right now so I took the opportunity. Al pampered me all weekend and made a fantastic dinner for us (our Boy Scouting experience has allowed us to really know how to cook well outdoors) on Saturday night.

Good for you - it sounds like a year ahead of all good things! You deserve it, I hope we can all get together soon! (We should try for something in November or early December - before the snow flies!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #611  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yup, that's me in front of the tepee - it was a wonderful weekend! My bucket list has on it to sleep in a tepee in the southwest U.S. - it means with real Native Americans to learn from and experience their lifestyle. A canvas tepee at Kohler Andre is as close to that as I can afford right now so I took the opportunity. Al pampered me all weekend and made a fantastic dinner for us (our Boy Scouting experience has allowed us to really know how to cook well outdoors) on Saturday night.

Good for you - it sounds like a year ahead of all good things! You deserve it, I hope we can all get together soon! (We should try for something in November or early December - before the snow flies!)
Diane, Are you a reader? If so, check out Tony Hillerman (or maybe you already have). He's won awards for mystery writing and for representing Native Americans (Navaho culture and history) so well. He's one of my favorite authors.

Can you come to Madison for the stamp show (Nov 19 - 21)? It would be so fun to meet up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #612  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane: Sounds like a nice camping trip...aches and all.
Jean: See you the 2nd

Get together Nov or Dec.......How about a celebrate everyone's BD for the past year on Sat. Dec. 11th. I can reserve the community room again and we can all play with our new toys that we got in Milwaukee and/or Madison and wrap up the year. Let me know.
(My Nov weekends are all booked.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #613  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi, I was just told about the curds through Jeanie. I think I may have stumbled on to one of these WI threads, but I'm not sure which one. It may have been more than a year ago.
Anyway, I've lived along the bluffs of the Mississippi for a long time....I grew up in Fort Atkinson. I've just moved north a bit. We're building a house about 8 miles south of Lacrosse. I'd love to jump in on some of your wonderful gatherings at some point. I may head out to Madison in Nov. and join up with Jean and some others that she so sweetly offered. So, "hello" from the west side of WI!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #614  
Matboard Maniac

Welcome to the cult Allistamps123! We would love to have you join us. I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Elaine, the initial starter of this thread. I live in Central WI in a tiny town called Friendship, which I have fondly named Mayberry. I teach stamping and scrap booking classes, and I am a demonstrator with Stampin' UP! I also sell greeting cards and other 3D type projects that I teach, Tastefully Simple, and I am a quilter and sewing. I have a booth at the Craft Mall of Wisconsin Dells, and I have been selling at Adams Flea Market but have decided to give that up as I am spreading myself too thin. I am a brand new grandmother as of August 18th. I haven't been on the thread too much the past couple of years and I am hoping that will change once I finish closing up the flea market booth. I have 2 daughters and they both decided to get married within a year of one another. I made all the stuff for both wedding showers, wedding invitations, etc, and then again for the baby shower, and have done all sorts of sewing/decorating for my new grandson Mason. My family has kept me hoppin' the past couple of years! I even got pages started for the babies scrapbook ready while we were waiting for the baby, so that all Jenna will have to do in the first months is drop the pictures in! I am archiving the local libraries scrapbook, have one large stamping group that I do monthly, am starting a new one this week with about 12 new girls, and I am doing a party in Rubicon/Hartford area on Sunday, and may start another group with those gals and anyone else that may want to join. Does any one know of a place that it could be held at with no fee's? This may be a once per month group or every other month. I will know more after I have the event on Sunday if there is enough interest. This quite a distance for me to go but if we got a large enough group together for me to teach, I would consider it, as it is not that far from Milwaukee/West Allis area where one of my daughter's lives (AND THE NEW GRANDSON!). Any excuse to see the kids and Mason. I also have some interested in the West Allis area for a possible group too. So if anyone is reading this from either of these area's, please send me a pm or email me at [email protected] if you would like to attend, know of people who would attend, or have any ideas about where to meet! Have a wonderful Monday every one! Elaine

Last edited by stitcher1; 09-27-2010 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: typo's
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #615  
Embossing Fanatic

I love the bluff part of the mississippi. Especially Stockholm, and Red Wing or Wabasha for eagle watching, I have an aunt who lives in Fountain City. I lived in the St. Paul area for lots of years. Welcome to the site this group is growing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #616  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Alli!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #617  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmr1957View Post
I love the bluff part of the mississippi. Especially Stockholm, and Red Wing or Wabasha for eagle watching, I have an aunt who lives in Fountain City. I lived in the St. Paul area for lots of years. Welcome to the site this group is growing.
I was in Red Wing years ago at Christmastime ... sooooo beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #618  
Stazon Splitcoast

Elaine,
I don't know how you keep all those balls in the air all at once! If Madison & Friendship were closer, I'd jump at the chance to be in a stamp group with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #619  
Kookie Creator

Welcome, Allistamps123! Your area is my favorite part of the state, I just don't get over there often enough.

Elaine - I'd join your group if it's not on the first Wednesday when I'm already doing a stamp camp with Tiffany & Tamara. I live in Hartford but don't know much about free facilities here, I'll think of some ideas and let you know when I see you next weekend.

Jeaniebean - I'm not a reader but I may stop in at the library and see what his books look like - I probably could force myself to read a book, if it's a REALLY GOOD one! Thanks for the suggestion.

Robyn - I won't be able to do Dec 11th - that's my company Christmas party date and I'm the person in charge of it. I could do the 12th, if that's an option for the group.

I think I may be going to the Madison show in November, I'll know more in a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #620  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi dianevey...your area is close to my heart~My mom grew up in West Bend (well actually Barton, which is now WB) and my dad in Slinger. We used to visit friends in Cedarburg too. Thanks for the welcome. I don't know how I've missed this thread. Thanks to Jeanie I know of it now!

Thanks to everyone else for a warm welcome. After things settle down here a bit I hope to attend some of the gatherings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #621  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Allistamps123. I am from Sullivan (between Oconomowoc and Watertown just off of I-94. Looking forward to seeing you at an event or two if time and weather allows. Let us know of any events in your area and maybe some of us can take a road trip to your neck of the woods.

I did not pick a Sunday as that is usually a day most people want to spend with their families. However, if 12/12 works better than 12/11, I'm up for switching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #622  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Not going to be able to make it!!!

I'm sad to say that it isn't going to work out for me to come on the 2nd! I have an adoption event for my fosters! I just found out about it, but I have to go.

Hopefully, another time!!!

Thanks for inviting me!!!

Jane

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 AM   #623  
Stazon Splitcoast

No problem....adoption event for your fosters are much more important. Will miss seeing you again, but hopefully you can join us at other event in the future.

Robyn

Quote:

Originally Posted by janiekayView Post
I'm sad to say that it isn't going to work out for me to come on the 2nd! I have an adoption event for my fosters! I just found out about it, but I have to go.

Hopefully, another time!!!

Thanks for inviting me!!!

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #624  
Kookie Creator

What a beautiful fall morning! I'm off of work and headed for a stamping retreat with a few of the CURDS and our West Bend stamping group in Mount Morris this weekend. I'm taking a bunch of things along to work on, I hope I feel creative and can get some things made to have on hand for future events! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #625  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gina K has reopened the classroom. I feel a road trip.

Check it out. Our Retail Store - stampTV
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #626  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,317 Likes on 2,500 Posts

I saw that too. I wonder if we emailed her and asked if she knew for a month ahead which Saturday they would be open, we could plan to meet there. I know they are open next Saturday, the 8th, but I have a wedding in Central Wisconsin that day. It would be great to even know when in January or February so we can make a date that far ahead. November and December seem pretty full on the weekends aleady-at least for me.

I am headed there probably one day next week--I will ask Jessica or Gina if they know that far out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robyn OView Post

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #627  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooh! Nice job Robyn! End of January, when we're all tired of winter might be a nice time. I know it's winter, and goodness knows what sort of weather there will be, but there's a definite lull in the To Do list around that time, right?

Diane, by now you're probably gathering with some stamp buddies ... have a blast! (And what a great week end to be indoors. Sheesh! From suntanning on Friday to winter coats on Saturday!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #628  
Stazon Splitcoast

Leaving Sun Prairie now, next stop Sullivan!
See you in a bit, Robyn. ( Do you like chocolate? How about raspberry? How about Carl's Cales choc raspberry cupcakes?)

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 10-02-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #629  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Hooray, hooray...but I'm surprised. Didn't she just about discontinue store hours? This is wonderful...and classes too....hooray!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #630  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Oooh! Nice job Robyn! End of January, when we're all tired of winter might be a nice time. I know it's winter, and goodness knows what sort of weather there will be, but there's a definite lull in the To Do list around that time, right?

Diane, by now you're probably gathering with some stamp buddies ... have a blast! (And what a great week end to be indoors. Sheesh! From suntanning on Friday to winter coats on Saturday!!!)
That sounds great...I'll travel on winter roads! I'm quite busy Oct. and Nov.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 10-03-2010 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #631  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean: So nice to spend the day with you. I had so much fun. I definately will be planning more things as we discussed.

Everyone: World Card Making Day 2011 - I will be planning a get together - mark your calendars and stay tuned for further announcements.

If no one did so today, I'll contact Gina K on Monday and see what she has available in Jan/Feb 2011 and reserve a Sat.

Hope everyone had a great World Card Making Day and make great cards, visited with great friends, and just had a great time. I did!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:13 AM   #632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
That sound great...I'll travel on winter roads! I'm quite busy Oct. and Nov.
LOL! You sure will be busy in Oct & Nov!

It'll be so fun to meet you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #633  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jean: So nice to spend the day with you. I had so much fun. I definately will be planning more things as we discussed.

Everyone: World Card Making Day 2011 - I will be planning a get together - mark your calendars and stay tuned for further announcements.

If no one did so today, I'll contact Gina K on Monday and see what she has available in Jan/Feb 2011 and reserve a Sat.

Hope everyone had a great World Card Making Day and make great cards, visited with great friends, and just had a great time. I did!!
Robyn, It really was a lot of fun and I'm glad I could make it. Thanks for the help on that darling stationery box. Yay! (and thanks for letting me borrow some Bashful Blue! lol!)

You're mom is a doll, and I'm glad I got a chance to meet her too. (Will be finishing my Monster Burger at lunch today.)

To all, Robyn's community center is a good large space (not huge, not small ... Goldilocks 'just right' IMHO) and not hard to get to. Nothing fancy, but the good company more than makes up for it, and Robyn is in no short supply of tools to play with! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #634  
Hardware Hotshot

I hadn't planned anything for World Card Making Day, as I'm living in two worlds-in our apartment most of the time but still packing up that old house I lived in for 27 years....getting down to the end, but thought I was going to lose my mind on Friday. I pushed myself to the point of exhaustion.

I had to take the day off from it all yesterday.
We traveled the back roads between Genoa and beyond Westby...all through Amish country...many rows of old time corn shulks in the Amish fields drying, horses pulling some type of equipment in the fields, buggies full of waving children, beautiful orange and red trees, etc.

We went to Joe Kempf's hardwood floor shop (it seems most of the Amish in this area have a small business-greenhouses, produce, baked goods, rugs, bent cane rockers, wood working, etc) and picked out new flooring for our house.
Got to go in and see their beautiful home. The wood cook stove was all fired up and toasty warm.
He spend a lot of time with us and it was wonderful!

Also picked out paint colors at Menards and got to see the basement walls to the new house that were poured Thursday.
Well, this has turned into a book!

Anyway, I do have lots of my stamping stuff at the apartment, but had to go to storage to get my cuttlebug. I can't find my paper cutter?????hmmmmm, where could it have gone?
I ended up making cards yesterday anyway. I'd forgotten it was WCMDay! Found some pre-cut certainly celery and made some cards with the cuttlebug folder-Bird Call. Used the teeny tiny SU punch that is a tiny oval (sort of) and made cattails out of the reeds. Some ribbon and a puched sentiment....and cards made during moving chaos!

Hope everyone had a gr8t day also!!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 10-03-2010 at 04:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #635  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mornin Alli!
My goodness, you had a busy day! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend it. I know about the storage unit mysteries ... I have some winter gloves and such and goodness knows where they are in there (thought I'd put that box closer to the front ... hmmmm).

I love your idea for cat tails! I may have to give that a try. Thanks

Last fall I used that folder with the SU! Very Vanilla then did the Tim Holz thing with an alcohol pad (the tool) and some fallish inks and really, really lightly brushed over the image to give the edges a little more definition. I don't remember now exactly what I did ... I think I started with a really light green (or blue?) over most of the card, and then came back over the reeds with a green/brown shade. It turned out great, but I remember having to get used to just how lightly, lightly I needed to skim the card to get the right effect. (If I still have one, I might break down and actually start a gallery so you can see what the heck I'm talking about.) I love that folder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #636  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Mornin Alli!
My goodness, you had a busy day! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend it. I know about the storage unit mysteries ... I have some winter gloves and such and goodness knows where they are in there (thought I'd put that box closer to the front ... hmmmm).

I love your idea for cat tails! I may have to give that a try. Thanks

Last fall I used that folder with the SU! Very Vanilla then did the Tim Holz thing with an alcohol pad (the tool) and some fallish inks and really, really lightly brushed over the image to give the edges a little more definition. I don't remember now exactly what I did ... I think I started with a really light green (or blue?) over most of the card, and then came back over the reeds with a green/brown shade. It turned out great, but I remember having to get used to just how lightly, lightly I needed to skim the card to get the right effect. (If I still have one, I might break down and actually start a gallery so you can see what the heck I'm talking about.) I love that folder!
I'm so glad you love that folder too! I posted something about it last week and someone said it's interesting how we have different tastes (and it's true...we are all unique) but she had that folder never used it, never liked it and tried to sell it at a rummage sale for $1.00 and nobody bought it and she sent it off to GoodWill.....I thought, "Oh, my...that lovely folder no one wanted?" But that's okay!
I don't have a gallery either...will probably get one up and going in Dec. I have lots of pictures saved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #637  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ali: So glad you had a nice day. Driving through Amish Country, pretty scenary. You are so lucky...I have always wanted to visit an Amish home and see their homes, etc. Then to even have some time to stamp. I just saw a card with the cat tail like you described and it looked great. I have it on my 'technique to try' list and hope to get to it one of these days.

Jean: Thank you for the kind words and your help packing everything up. Great that I only had to haul it through the back yards. I was going to wait until today and take my time putting things away, (I wanted to rearrange just a bit), but I was feeling so good and couldn't just sit last night so I thought..I'll just put a few things back in the room and before I knew it, I had everything put away.

I finished cleaning today (wiping down the counter, sinks, tables. Swept the floor, put the screw back in to lock the patio door, and took out the garbage.) Returned the keys and got the deposit back. I mentioned how great the building worked out and that I would be looking at dates to book it in the future and was told 'no problem'.

Anyone wants to get together for a day of stamping, just let me know and I'll see if it is available.

This week I have to finish my projects for the retreat next weekend and pack up what I want to take. Also have a 3 hour job interview on Wednesday. We'll see what 'good news' this week brings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #638  
Kookie Creator

It sounds like everyone had a great day of card making and friendship yesterday - we had a great weekend at our retreat in Mount Morris. We drove on Friday afternoon so it was sunny and beautiful all the way there and today was just as beautiful on the way home. We did 8 cards that the organizer put together for us, a Shoebox with 15 cards and then worked on whatever we brought along to do for the rest of the time. Now I'm unpacking and repacking for next weekend's retreat!

A few of us CURDS are going to an event in Lake Geneva, WI on Sunday, Nov 7th, 1pm-5pm, $20. I've done workshops with this person before and love her ideas and her enthusiasm. Check it out & sign up if you can come - laurazstamps.com - her events fill up so don't wait to long to sign up!

Last edited by dianevey; 10-03-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #639  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,317 Likes on 2,500 Posts

Sounds like you guys had a good time on Saturday.

I am heading to Gina K's store on Wednesday, so I will ask about Saturday hours in January and February.

Is anyone heading to the stamp show on the 16th and 17th by the airport? I am doing demos at the Rubberneck Stamps booth both days, so stop by and say hi!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #640  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Sounds like you guys had a good time on Saturday.

I am heading to Gina K's store on Wednesday, so I will ask about Saturday hours in January and February.

Is anyone heading to the stamp show on the 16th and 17th by the airport? I am doing demos at the Rubberneck Stamps booth both days, so stop by and say hi!
I'd love it if she has some for us! I've never been there and I'd really like to go!
Reply With Quote Likes