Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't eaten at Mine Shaft in quite a while, but I have always enjoyed it there. Looking forward to it!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #82  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

We decided since we have 20 ppl that we would make all cards that day. Like LaurieR said we have all day. If it would have been over 20 we would have made half but we want everyone that comes to make the day of it and not feel like they came and wasted their day because of only making a few cards. I hope you all feel the same way and that this is ok with a majority of the group. That means we get to spend more time together!!!!!

I hope time falls into place just right because my stuff is not getting done too quickly. I have lots to do yet and only started my ABAC. :eek:

I am glad that you ladies are looking forward to coming to town. I found out that I don't have to work that night but am leaving for Vegas early in morning so not sure what I am up for, so we'll see if I join you ladies. I may b up at least for Mineshaft but again we'll see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shoot. I made 12 of my cards and did 12 kits. Will have to see if I have enough materials to go back and make another 8 kits.
I have an idea for the notebooks and I have my recipe, but no idea what I am going to do. Still trying to come up with my ABAC and lottery. Have to get my mogo going pretty soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

Robyn, that is ok. Just leave as is and no need to make kits. When you come in to set up give us your premade cards right away and I will take care of it. Hope that helps. I don't want you to have to change anything cause u don't have enough supplies. I have any ez thought of how to make it ok. If you have any ?s please let me know.

Last edited by tns103198; 07-29-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Robyn, I had to fix the post I had done last night. It was late and my brain wasnt thinking right. No need to make more than you have. We will deal with the premade cards and everything will be fine. So be ok with the way you have it and we will take care of it when you arrive. This way you will have 12 kits total and the rest will be premade. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #86  
Kookie Creator

What a great way to focus on crafting - get away from all of the tasks of the home, take with you only the supplies you need to get the job done! Summer is too short to not enjoy the outdoors and enjoy the Hartford Shoebox. I've got my projects off to a great start now! (Teepee camping was great, too!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Q about composition books, are you all covering both the front and back or adding pretty and fun things to the original cover? I had a costly dream about comp books last night;)
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure what to do for my lottery item. My brain just isn't figuring it out at this point.

Dawn, I'm not sure about the comp books. Sorry...not much help here...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #89  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,315 Likes on 2,499 Posts

I too am struggling with an idea for the lottery. Is the item or items to be handmade, or can some of the items be store bought to total $10?

Thanks for any help on this--Barb

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #90  
Kookie Creator

The composition books can be decorated in any way that you want to. Most (maybe even all) of the ones I've done and received all have the front decorated and the back is usually covered with paper or cardstock. If you need to see some, let me know - I have some pics in my Kodakgallery from other years or ones I've done that I'm willing to share with you OR do a search here on Splitcoast in the Anything But and you'll find Altered Notebooks. Don't stress, we're a happy, fun group - no one out to do better than anyone else! Have fun with it! I found my comp books at Walmart for $.66 and was lucky enough to find some paper I liked at Michael's for just $.29/sheet. I'm assembling mine tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #91  
Kookie Creator

As far as the lottery item (aka Secret Sister), I've seen all sorts of things. Here, too, I have pics of last years if you want me to share my Kodakgallery album, let me know and I'll send you a private message on Splitcoast. The value is $10 meaning something you'd be willing to pay $10 for. It can be one item that you alter, stamp, decorate or I've seen a little basket maybe a couple of chocolates, some stamping embellishments, maybe a small decorated container, etc. Here too, don't stress - make up something that you'd like to receive (should have to do with stamping).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #92  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Diane--that helps on the lottery item. I was thinking the item or items all needed to be altered and that part was hard for me. If I can make a small basket with one or two smaller altered items and then include chocolate, brads, ribbon, etc, and the total is then at least $10--I am fine.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #93  
Cardstock Collector

Hello from Colorado. My box - big box - will be on it's way to Robyn O with all of my projects today. Want to make sure I don't show up in Hartford empty handed! Looking forward to meeting y'all and stampin the day away, not to mention all the new ideas I'll be able to bring home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Solved my ShoeBox card issue. Found enough paper to make enough kits.

I was really stumped on the other items but my mojo spilled over this weekend and I went to town.

Finished my ABAC and Recipe cards. My Lottery 'Secret Sis' is made, I just need to gather it all together into something.

Working on my notebooks. My front is decorated and my back is just covered with paper. I do not cover the insides of the front and back.

Counting down the days until we get together and have fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sprocket. I'll be looking for the box(s) and let you know when they arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, just finished my ABAC. FINALLY !!! Thought that would never get done but I am VERY happy with the finished product and I hope all of you are too.

I have all my ideas but need to fine tune them and the finish them. I hope this weekend away with the whole family, lets me get things done. I am taking all with me and we'll c what I get done. At least I have my ideas, but now getting it done is the issue.

I hope all of you are having fun creating, which it looks like it.

Thanks cous (Diane) for helping with the previous questions posted above. I have not been online for a few days. Life is crazy and I am exhausted.

Time is going fast as it is almost a week away. I hope you are all looking forward to that day. We are currently shopping for door prizes and hope you all enjoy them as we have very nice prizes again.

Again, please don't hesitate to ask any questions. As Diane stated we are an easy going group and whatever you do, we will all enjoy seeing your ideas. As there is never a bad idea. See you all soon!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #97  
Kookie Creator

It's inspiring to have the windows open and cool breeze coming in tonight - - inspired me to get my ABAC tweaked. I had the idea 3 weeks ago, now I finally have one sample that I like - tomorrow I can stamp everything and then assemble them on Saturday. My recipe cards are done, swap kits are done, notebooks need one more embellishment when I figure out the right thing - - that gives me a lot of the weekend to do my lottery item! Woohoo - not at the last minute, either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #98  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

hello hartford shoebox ladies. I did not cover the back of my notebooks, I hope that's ok. I love the front though, hope you all as well. I still haven't made my card, but I have my idea...so that was the battle. Getting it done this weekend for sure. Got my ABAC, recipe cards and 99% of the notebooks, just got to add one more little thing to each. Adding a few more cutesy things to my lottery (sister gift). Looking so forward to a day of stamping with all of you. This craft has led me to so many wonderful ladies, how many hobbies do that?
I see a few postings regarding the Mine Shaft, are some of you going to dinner after the swap? Let me know thanks TLQ (Sheri)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Finished my last item and packed everything up. Renee's (Sprocket) box is scheduled to be here on Monday and Renee will land on Thursday. Excitement building.

Anxious to see all the great things everyone is making. I am always amazed at all the things everyone creates. Tiff, Tamara, and Diane always do an outstanding job on the door prizes. They have the eye to find just the right things.....and the food. I look forward to this event and am so glad my 'l'il seester' will be sharing it with me this year.

I am also looking forward to dinner at MineShaft afterwards and then going to look at the balloons being inflated. A fun filled day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Well hopefully Tamara and I get alot done this weekend. Have all our ideas together and are on way to hotel for the weekend. All stamping stuff packed ready to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully all are doing well on their projects. Almost all door prizes are bought and can't wait for everyone to get all their goodies. Talk to you all later and have fun and I am telling myself not to stress out lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #101  
Kookie Creator

Default Hi!

The dinner party with the boss is over, so now I can STAMP... it's going to be a one week long stamping blitz to get all of my stuff done for Sat. Did I ever say I work best under pressure?? AND the Legacy Scrapbook Store is closing in Cedarburg, just in time for me to do a boatload of projects;) Wish me luck!!

Please follow my blog.... I am typing into cyberspace! www.centsablesaving.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #102  
Kookie Creator

One more thing... I just toally lucked out and have exactly 20 card kits left from a different swap, plus a sample-- DONE-- Check the shoebox swap off my list!!

Please follow my blog.... I am typing into cyberspace! www.centsablesaving.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #103  
Kookie Creator

Default Trade

Hello! I know there will be a garage sale at the swap, but I am wondering in advance if anyone may be interested in trading for a color caddy and extender kit. I have 3 color caddies and one extender kit. I also have the full line of Craft pads, some never opened with the new style case and retired colors. I would mostly like to trade for supplies or perhaps some clear stamps, or maybe something from the HTF list. I do not need SAB sets but paper or stickers may work out. PM if you are interested!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did not know Legacy was closing so I checked out their website. I may need to take a trip there before the 28th.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #105  
Kookie Creator

I was thinking about going to Legacy tomorrow, I had a credit there but just checked the website and looks like I've lost it! I hate to see them go, that's the only cool store left around here. The only one left for me in my travel routes now will be Polka Dots in Mukwonago (just happens to be on the way to my sister's house).

Last edited by dianevey; 08-05-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #106  
Kookie Creator

YES, Sheri - some or all of us are planning on supper at the Mine Shaft and then the hot air balloon rally at dusk. If we need to kill time in between, my house is only about 2 blocks from the bank!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #107  
Cardstock Collector

I sure hope y'all don't buy everything at Legacy before I get there. My niece and I will be making my requisite pilgrimage to Cedarburg on the 21st, without Robyn this year. I usually hit Legacy 1st and then the quilt and antique stores, along with my case order of wine.

I'm cleaning up my front landscaping project along with gathering everything to pack. Thank goodness I upgraded my flight for two suitcases. I think I better make sure they are both big. Would rather pack and take home all the swaps than ship.

It's out to the backyard to fix the vole holes and then to a SU function. Can't wait to meet and have a fun-filled day with y'all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello All--hope everyone is getting their projects all ready to go.

I am unfortunately unable to make the shoebox this week--but I will be there in spirit and via my good buddy Laurie. I am going to a funeral in Beloit of a good friend who died on Friday. I contacted Diane and asked if Laurie could bring my shoebox kits, ABAC's and lottery item on Saturday--and she said yes! So, Laurie, along with help from others will make me cards for me--how sweet is that!--and swap my ABAC's as well as my lottery. I sure hope she gives me my door prize, but as I remember they are pretty nice and I am sure I would be tempted to keep two.

Hope you all have a wonderful day--enjoy the time together and especially eating at the Mine Shaft and watching the Balloon Rally too. See you around some stamping events soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girlfriend! You know I will make sure you get your door prize! Just so sad your friend passed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

oh Barb:( I'm so sorry for your loss. prayers for strength to get through this dificult time.
member #1989

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I know--just yanking your chain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurieRView Post
Hey girlfriend! You know I will make sure you get your door prize! Just so sad your friend passed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #112  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

thanks Dawn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycattracksView Post
oh Barb:( I'm so sorry for your loss. prayers for strength to get through this dificult time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #113  
Rubber Obsessor

sorry for your loss Barbara. Hopefully we will see you at the next one. If it helps, I can make your card just let me know. TLQ Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #114  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Sheri--Laurie has volunteered to make what she can--and will have a few helpers. If you finish early, you could check with her to see if she needs some help. Thanks so much for the offer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quick question...what time are we heading over to the hot air balloon rally? I saw a flier that said after 4pm we would be better off to take the shuttle over, and I may have a couple of friends meeting me there. Any thoughts? I think this is such a great idea! I cannot wait!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #116  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have everything done and ready to take to Laurie tonight--19 card kits and one sample, 16 ABAC's and a lottery item. Hope everything is there--if not, I am sure someone will help me out.

Have a Great Day Playing with Ink and Paper on Saturday! AND, enjoy the Balloonn Rally and be sure to post pictures here in the thread from the swap, dinner and rally!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #117  
Rubber Obsessor

Barb,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that my prayers are with you and your friends family. It's good to know that someone you love is now watching over you. I am sorry that you are unable to make it but glad to know that Laurie will be helping you out. Than you for still participating. Please know that if there is anything that any of us can do to help her out, we will do whatever it takes. Hope you like all your goodies when Lauries decided to share. lol

I hope everyone is doing well. I am now starting to not feel so good because time is running out. I have so much to do with this happening on Sat and then I leave for Laughlin, NV early Sun morning. Good thing all I doing is veggin cause I gonna b tired lol. The only thing I have complete at this point is my ABAC and recipe card. Notebook started, Swap bagged but supplies not boxed up, and Lottery not even started. It may be interesting cause Thurs and Friday night I busy. :confused: Oh boy.

If anyone needs anything please let us know.

I also forgot to mention if anyone needs to have a plug in please let me know. there are plenty but want to make sure I have an extention cord for you.

See you all in a few days. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #118  
Kookie Creator

Exclamation I'm last!!! NOOOOOO!

Just finished my ABC ~ Lottery half done, working on Recipe cards now. Have to get 3 more notebooks to have enough, design that and what else.....oh yeah, a card and kits! Well gotta go back to work on swaps.

Hey should I bring the magnetic stands and the bingo ball thing?

Will check back later,
Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #119  
Kookie Creator

Default Status...

Hi Ladies! All I've got left is the lottery item and my recipie card. Just curious... WHAT recipies is everyone else giving?? I am nervous about duplication because all of my soup/stews are pretty obvious, ie chicken noodle, beef stew, chili...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #120  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a recipe from my friend Betsy and taste tested last night. easy and yummy! cheesey colliflower & broccoli soup
member #1989

Reply With Quote Likes