Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #401  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shanon is with me in SE Texas. Right now we are on Toledo Bend Lake, but I live in Port Arthur.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
<---will be a temporary Texan the day after tomorrow. One of these days I would LOVE to be a permanent Texan. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #402  
Kookie Creator

Crystal, I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday too! I promise I'm not the one that picked over the punches section. I didn't find anything I needed.
I can't believe you lived in Old Ocean. Most people here in LJ don't even know where it is and it isn't that far away!

My MIL and I are planning to go to a scrapbook store in Bay City. We've heard some good things about it. A couple of ladies at her last workshop go to events there. Do you know where it is? What do you think of it?

Hey Laura - we had lunch in Freeport today. We took the kids to Quintana for a little while.

If we find a couple of more pals, we could have a little Gulf Coast get together!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #403  
Compulsive Stamper

A great big WET shout-out from San Antonio, TX to all my stampin up sisters in the great state of Texas. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #404  
DK
Rubber Obsessor

Checking in from the Denton area. Native Texas born in San Angelo, then Irving, and now Denton for the last 5 years.
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 AM   #405  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKView Post
Checking in from the Denton area. Native Texas born in San Angelo, then Irving, and now Denton for the last 5 years.
Diana
Oh Diana! I grew up in San Angelo! I wonder if we know each other?
Then when I moved to The Colony, I worked in Denton for 4 years. I still live in The Colony and still work for the county, but am in the office in The Colony. Still, we aren't that far apart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #406  
Gallery Gazer

I just did the Texan test and I am 72% Texan. Strange for a girl who grew up in Arizona. I guess I was always a Texan at heart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #407  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
52%
Not bad, I suppose. We've been here 19 years.
I'm 52% also Beverly. I lived in Dallas 20 years and moved out of state, but keep coming back to visit and to stamp with friends.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #408  
Matboard Maniac

Jealous, just spent 5 wonderful weeks visiting with my boyfriend in Killeen. Do miss him so much, and have to say, love Texas. Got to see so much of the state, have to admitt, before, I thought of Texas as desert, cactus, and oil pumps....funny, my boyfriend drove us 400+ miles in one day to show my 81yr. old father his old army days stomping grounds, and I was so excited to see 1, that's all we saw of those oil pump things lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #409  
Cardstock Collector

I am from Texas. only been out of the state for 18 months when i was a toddler. Born in Orange, grew up in Clear Lake, lived in Mexia for a bit, and now in Hewitt, near Waco.
I love this state! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 03:24 AM   #410  
Matboard Maniac

I am in tears! :(

It is SO GOOD to see all you gals from Texas!! I just joined SCS two days ago and can't tear myself away to my best connection to home. Let me properly introduce myself as I have not done so as of yet:

My name is Rebekah and I am a mom of two daughters: Rayne 12 (almost 13) and Madison 5. I am married to a great guy who is in TX right now on business and we have been married for just over 10 years. I have two beloved dogs Reagan a 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd and Belle a 8 year old Japanese Chin.

We just moved with DH job to Germany 3 months ago and I am MISSING all my scrapping and stamping buddies. Neither one are a well known hobby over here yet but I hope to help change that. We plan on staying here at least until my eldest daughter finishes High School unless God has other plans (I am sure you know how that can go teehee).

I was born in Arlington Texas on 9-11-1973. A birthday to remember... I was a Missionary Kid (MK) and while in training my parents moved us north to Delaware where my sister was born. Shortly afterwards we moved to Freiburg, Germany in the Black Forest where we spent 7 1/2 years. There my other sister and little brother were born.

My sixth grade year we were back in Fort Worth and then moved to Jerusalem, Israel. We lived in Jerusalem until January 10th 1991 and had to come back b/e my parent's bosses said if we didn't get back before the war with Saddam started we would not get any more paychecks.

So our life ended as we knew it. We came back to TX. Even had to leave my dog there... :( Good news is about six months later or so my dad went back to wrap things up and brought her back with him. So I was back in TX as of 1991 where I finally graduated school and stayed there except for when I left for a year when I got married (big mistake) and moved to Barstow & Fort Irwin CA with my X for a year and then ran back home.

Long story short, I hate the heat but love TX. I am proud to be Texan and when people ask where I am from I never say the US I say TEXAS! ;) Of course they know where that is! Now we live in the Texas of Germany, in the state of Bavaria right outside of Munich. I am enjoying life here but CAN NOT wait for my 5 year old to finally start back to school as she has been home with me 24/7 since we got here - yikes! She is going nuts as am I. She starts next week. My older daughter starts on my famous birthday, 9/11.

Although I speak German, I speak "Hoch Deutsch" which is proper German and in Bavaria they speak a VERY different dialect called "Bayerisch." It is like a COMPLETELY different language! Even native Germans have a TOUGH time understanding folks here... but I am learning and plan on reclaiming all my other languages too! I LOVE language learning and perfecting pronunciation. Call me crazy!

So, that is the watered-down story of me!
Thanks so much to Dyu - Debi for telling me about this thread. It truely brought some tears to my eyes! I loved reading about everyone and finding all the similarities - what fun! I hope to make LOTS of friends here on SCS and learn all the new techniques from you gals. I am lost without my demonstrators and clubs... I even have to wait to get my stamping orders around my DH business trips. He isn't bringing me any this time but in November he is bringing me all the new CTMH I ordered and I am sure I will also get some of the new SU stuff too! I just can't wait to get my new catalogs. Hope he got my SU catalog from my sister in law who introduced me to all the fun stuff in stamping and scrapping! Boy do I miss all the fun times we had making big messes!

I would LOVE to hear from you all - helps me feel "not so lost."
Hugs from Germany!

"Never tire of doing what is right." 1 Thess 3:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 04:23 AM   #411  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Rebekah, you just made me cry :( What an exciting life you have led to be so young! ((HUGS)) to you! I am so glad to have helped with your homesickness. I am not the one who started this thread but I love directing peeps to it! :-D I don't know if it's because I am SO proud to be a Texan (and a mother to an Aggie! :mrgreen: ) or the fact that I am just so nosey that I want to see where everyone is from! Good luck in your life overthere & I hope you can find you some stamping buds!! I have been here on SCS for awhile & I know there are others out there that live in Germany. God Bless you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 04:31 AM   #412  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Thanks dear!

I know, is it an allergy we pick up in TX? Being nosy I mean. LOL! :mrgreen:

I LOVE hearing about other people's lives too. Of course I love sharing about mine but it takes SO LONG to go over any little part since there is SO much jampacked in there. hehehe...

Thanks again for sending me to the thread. I am going to keep up with this one for sure!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by DyuView Post
Rebekah, you just made me cry :( What an exciting life you have led to be so young! ((HUGS)) to you! I am so glad to have helped with your homesickness. I am not the one who started this thread but I love directing peeps to it! :-D I don't know if it's because I am SO proud to be a Texan (and a mother to an Aggie! :mrgreen: ) or the fact that I am just so nosey that I want to see where everyone is from! Good luck in your life overthere & I hope you can find you some stamping buds!! I have been here on SCS for awhile & I know there are others out there that live in Germany. God Bless you!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 AM   #413  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberlyView Post
Texas here! Arlington

I am originally from the Kansas City, Missouri area though

I live in Arlington too!! And...I am from Missouri too!! But I'm from near Hannibal. Been in Texas for about 2 years now, and if my fianc� has anything to do with it, we'll be staying here. (He's a native of Waxahachie)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:33 AM   #414  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Howdy again!

I meant to ask you yesterday, how much longer till graduation???
Hugs from Germany,
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttabeanView Post
I live in Arlington too!! And...I am from Missouri too!! But I'm from near Hannibal. Been in Texas for about 2 years now, and if my fianc� has anything to do with it, we'll be staying here. (He's a native of Waxahachie)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:38 AM   #415  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachingtinzyView Post
I meant to ask you yesterday, how much longer till graduation???
Hugs from Germany,
Rebekah

well, I'm going to be here a while. I started college in 2003 at Mizzou (Uni of Missouri) and then transfered to UTA in 2005. I changed my major to education at the same time, so I'm making up for lost time because not many of my Mizzou hours would fit in the education program. So it'll be Spring '09. I got to start my education classes this fall though, and next fall I'll be starting the teacher observation/student teaching year.

I'm getting married next September too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 AM   #416  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Yeehaw! The end is in SIGHT!

I got certified after graduation so I didn't have to go through the college classes. That suited me just fine since my degree was in business. So much of what they teach you will NEVER happen in your classroom. I think the best thing they could do is offer you a couple of authors to read and a TV show to watch and you could go in confidently even though it all was about animals. I am talking about the Horse Whisperer "Monty Roberts" and The Dog Whisperer "Cesar Milan." If you have not discovered the Dog Whisperer yet, he is on the Discovery Channel I believe and is on every day except on Sundays I think. He shows you how to handle yourself with dogs and says in every situation that he is helping rehabilitate the dog and train the person. If you watch this show and think about how that same principle applies to human interation you will be shocked at how helpful it is when you get to working with the kids! The Horse Whisperer has even written a book about Human interaction "Horse Sense for People." Both these guys are the most insightful people I have ever read or watched!

I sure wish they would teach you this stuff before throwing you in a classroom. LOL! It would have made my time teaching so much easier!!!

Have you started a countdown calendar for graduation yet? I didn't until the last semester was half way over. I couldn't believe I was finally going to get done at the ripe ol' age of 27. Ugh! But such is life and now I have my degree and my teaching certificate and am sitting at home waiting for school to start so I can FINALLY start working again. hehehe... I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to use my degree, but I bet I have a better chance of using it here than I did in TX... I think I mentioned my degree yesterday (BBA with dual focus in Int'l Business and French).

Keep me updated on how school is coming along dear!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

well, I'm going to be here a while. I started college in 2003 at Mizzou (Uni of Missouri) and then transfered to UTA in 2005. I changed my major to education at the same time, so I'm making up for lost time because not many of my Mizzou hours would fit in the education program. So it'll be Spring '09. I got to start my education classes this fall though, and next fall I'll be starting the teacher observation/student teaching year.

I'm getting married next September too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #417  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

I got certified after graduation so I didn't have to go through the college classes. That suited me just fine since my degree was in business. So much of what they teach you will NEVER happen in your classroom. I think the best thing they could do is offer you a couple of authors to read and a TV show to watch and you could go in confidently even though it all was about animals. I am talking about the Horse Whisperer "Monty Roberts" and The Dog Whisperer "Cesar Milan." If you have not discovered the Dog Whisperer yet, he is on the Discovery Channel I believe and is on every day except on Sundays I think. He shows you how to handle yourself with dogs and says in every situation that he is helping rehabilitate the dog and train the person. If you watch this show and think about how that same principle applies to human interation you will be shocked at how helpful it is when you get to working with the kids! The Horse Whisperer has even written a book about Human interaction "Horse Sense for People." Both these guys are the most insightful people I have ever read or watched!

I sure wish they would teach you this stuff before throwing you in a classroom. LOL! It would have made my time teaching so much easier!!!

Have you started a countdown calendar for graduation yet? I didn't until the last semester was half way over. I couldn't believe I was finally going to get done at the ripe ol' age of 27. Ugh! But such is life and now I have my degree and my teaching certificate and am sitting at home waiting for school to start so I can FINALLY start working again. hehehe... I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to use my degree, but I bet I have a better chance of using it here than I did in TX... I think I mentioned my degree yesterday (BBA with dual focus in Int'l Business and French).

Keep me updated on how school is coming along dear!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

My future MIL watches both of those shows! She's used Cesar's stuff with her annoying little rat terrier. ;)

I come from a long line of teachers, so every time I go home or talk to one of them on the phone, they give me tips. I seriously have a folder with scratch pieces of paper in it with advice I've written down while talking to them. I hope I'll survive. I'm going to be certified in 4th-8th grade English/Reading/Language Arts/Social Studies.

My fianc� Josh got his degree in business at UTA, with the concentration in Finance. He works for Guaranty Bank's corporate office in N. Dallas--its at the Tollway and NW Highway, near Northpark Mall. He's working on his master's in management right now.

I can say this now Rebekah, Texas misses you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 AM   #418  
Matboard Maniac

Smile You're so sweet!

You are lucky then that you have family that can help with those first scary months! My aunt is a teacher but we weren't close and she taught elementary school and I taught High School. Slight difference there. LOL!

What was cool is that I had quit working when my sister started teaching her first year and was able to go volunteer usually 3 times a week with her kids. Which was really a blessing b/e 19 of the 21 required immediate intervention due to the low test scores so I pulled them out one on one and helped them read. Ugh I got so tired of reading the same little books 19,000 times! LOL! :mrgreen:

I'm telling you Cesar Milan is AWESOME! I have worked with dogs since 1991 and his stuff works and MOST dog trainers don't even giving dogs a chance if they are aggressive and yet he is able to take a dog that was abused or even a fighting dog and completely "fix" them! WOW!

I specialized in abused animals when grooming and I wish I had known all his stuff. Some of it I had learned on my own but to have someone come out and show us step by step what it is we do to "mess our dogs up" is AMAZING! I have used his techniques on my German Shepherd and they are great! Of course she is so strong that his collar does not really work on her but like he has said on his show, if the dog is no longer sensitive to any correction on the neck, you have to use some other means to redirect their focus. Sounds so easy! It is, you just have to change your thinking and the way you relate to the animal (or child) and that can be a bit challenging.

Got to go run get my eldest daughter from camp. Little one fell asleep on the sofa - not good! She won't fall asleep tonight - UGH! But that is what I get for being engrossed in the website ALL DAY LONG!

Chat with you later dear!
Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

My future MIL watches both of those shows! She's used Cesar's stuff with her annoying little rat terrier.

I come from a long line of teachers, so every time I go home or talk to one of them on the phone, they give me tips. I seriously have a folder with scratch pieces of paper in it with advice I've written down while talking to them. I hope I'll survive. I'm going to be certified in 4th-8th grade English/Reading/Language Arts/Social Studies.

My fianc� Josh got his degree in business at UTA, with the concentration in Finance. He works for Guaranty Bank's corporate office in N. Dallas--its at the Tollway and NW Highway, near Northpark Mall. He's working on his master's in management right now.

I can say this now Rebekah, Texas misses you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #419  
Matboard Maniac

Well, it's been a little over 2 years since I last posted to this thread. I keep hoping I'll see that somebody is having an SCS gathering in the San Antonio area, but I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I don't get down to Texas too often, but that would be another incentive to go!

I'm still up in Maryland and will probably be up here for a few more years, maybe even until I retire, but I will always call Texas my home.

Rebekah, I wish I still spoke the German I learned when I grew up there. The last time I visited (1990), it started coming back to me. My dad was stationed at Ramstein AFB both times and our family still keeps in touch with the German family I grew up next door to when I was a little girl. There's a part of me that calls Germany home too. I have a lot of fond memories.

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend Everybody!

Agnes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 AM   #420  
Polyshrink Goddess

Agnes,

I don't know about a SCS event in San Antonio but I am in San Antonio, Texas along with some other SCS members and fellow stampers. Look us up if you are ever back this way!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #421  
Matboard Maniac

Default Hey Agnes!

Well, if it is any encouragement to you - I had not spoken German in 23 years and had learned Hebrew, French a bit of Spanish in the mean time so I was really worried about it. I could not really carry on a conversation until I got here. Now it is coming back and it is coming back fast... the only challeng is that I now live in Bavaria (state of Germany) and they speak Bavarian - Bayerisch - and it VERY DIFFERENT from the Hochdeutsch I had learned... but I am learning and I am sure that in no time flat my girls will be integrated into the Bavarian way of life and speech. Who knows, we might all get matching Dirndles! :-D Let me know if you ever think of a trip over here. We have plenty of room and are an hour and are just outside of Munich, just 2 hour drive from Neuschwanstein - great day trip and there is always LOTS to do around here. Keep it in mind!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFariasView Post
Well, it's been a little over 2 years since I last posted to this thread. I keep hoping I'll see that somebody is having an SCS gathering in the San Antonio area, but I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I don't get down to Texas too often, but that would be another incentive to go!

I'm still up in Maryland and will probably be up here for a few more years, maybe even until I retire, but I will always call Texas my home.

Rebekah, I wish I still spoke the German I learned when I grew up there. The last time I visited (1990), it started coming back to me. My dad was stationed at Ramstein AFB both times and our family still keeps in touch with the German family I grew up next door to when I was a little girl. There's a part of me that calls Germany home too. I have a lot of fond memories.

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend Everybody!

Agnes

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #422  
Cardstock Collector

I was born in AR but moved to TX when I was 8 (I'm from Freeport). I live in Houston now. So nice to find people around here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #423  
Matboard Maniac

Smile TX gurls..

Always nice to add another girl (gurl) to the group!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiesue1982View Post
I was born in AR but moved to TX when I was 8 (I'm from Freeport). I live in Houston now. So nice to find people around here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #424  
Glitter Queen

I'm having to get out a map to find out where all these Texas towns are at! I'm learning my Texas geography!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #425  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Hi Jackiesue! I'm in Houston too! Whereabouts are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #426  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Hi Jackiesue! I'm in Houston too! Whereabouts are you?

Galleria area, how bout you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #427  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Galleria area, how bout you?
Love your avatar! Sweet baby - boy? girl?

I work over in the Galleria - Post Oak & Richmond, but live in Spring Branch out toward Highway 290 North of I-10.

What brought you back to Texas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #428  
Compulsive Stamper

Is there anyone on here that is from the Grayson County Area? I'd love to find a some people to stamp with!

Monica

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #429  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Love your avatar! Sweet baby - boy? girl?

I work over in the Galleria - Post Oak & Richmond, but live in Spring Branch out toward Highway 290 North of I-10.

What brought you back to Texas?
That's my little boy, he turned 3 months old on Friday!

I work at Post Oak and 610 (hopefully not for too much longer though). I was born in AR but my parents were both from TX and we moved here for my dad's job plus all my family is in TX.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #430  
Matboard Maniac

Smile That looks like my Reagan!

Your Shepherd looks just like mine in that photo! My German working class German Shepherd that I bought by Lake Whitney in TX, who's grandparents were imported from Germany, now lives back in Germany with us! Whew! Feel like my head is spinning now! LOL! :cool:

Love seeing other shepherd that look like my Reagan!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfaberView Post
Is there anyone on here that is from the Grayson County Area? I'd love to find a some people to stamp with!

Monica

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #431  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

That's my little boy, he turned 3 months old on Friday!

I work at Post Oak and 610 (hopefully not for too much longer though). I was born in AR but my parents were both from TX and we moved here for my dad's job plus all my family is in TX.
Are you going to get to be a SAHM or are you changing jobs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #432  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Your Shepherd looks just like mine in that photo! My German working class German Shepherd that I bought by Lake Whitney in TX, who's grandparents were imported from Germany, now lives back in Germany with us! Whew! Feel like my head is spinning now! LOL! :cool:

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah
we have friends who have a German-German Shepard (or maybe that's the same as your Reagan - they are stockier and have more hair) but Allys is such a hoot and that ball in her mouth is her favorite toy and sport. She can even identify it from another that is exactly like it!

Hugs back from Texas~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #433  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah
Your story reminded me of a photo my hubby took on our honeymoon (part of the trip was spent in Munich). It's of a German German Shepherd and this quirky sense of humor is just one of many things I love about my honey!

(For those wondering why a NYer is following a thread about folks from TX it's 'coz I have nieces and a nephew living near Corpus Christi and it helps me feel connected to them.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #434  
Matboard Maniac

Smile It's a small, small world...

I live right outside of Munich!! Oh and NY is one of my FAVORITE places to go visit!!! Ahhh fond memories...

Too fun!

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
Your story reminded me of a photo my hubby took on our honeymoon (part of the trip was spent in Munich). It's of a German German Shepherd and this quirky sense of humor is just one of many things I love about my honey!

(For those wondering why a NYer is following a thread about folks from TX it's 'coz I have nieces and a nephew living near Corpus Christi and it helps me feel connected to them.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #435  
Matboard Maniac

Default Howdy again!

Yeah, I don't know what the difference is to be honest with you as she looks just the same other than not having the usual saddle markings... I do know that her grandparents and I believe her parents too were all trained in Schutzhund training and were all certified tracking dogs.

It amazes me how incredibly intelligent she is and HOW MUCH personality she has. She thinks she is a kid or something! She certainly acts like it too! All my German neighbors keep complimenting on how well behaved she is. HA! No, she just listens, most of the time... LOL! But she is a lover! Maybe we start a German Shepher thread! LOL! I could chat about her silly antics all day long as I am sure so could all other Shepherd owners.

Hugs from Germany!
Rebekah

Quote:

we have friends who have a German-German Shepard (or maybe that's the same as your Reagan - they are stockier and have more hair) but Allys is such a hoot and that ball in her mouth is her favorite toy and sport. She can even identify it from another that is exactly like it!

Hugs back from Texas~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #436  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Monica
Hey Monica! I'm in Grayson County!!! But I guess you already know that, huh?! heeheehee It's CRAZY seeing you on here.... I've been meaning to call and see how y'all are doing. Talk to ya' soon!

Last edited by Dina; 09-11-2007 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #437  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Are you going to get to be a SAHM or are you changing jobs?
changing jobs. My husband stays home with our son. I would love to be able to stay home but it's just not in the cards for us at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #438  
Die Cut Diva

Hi from Del Rio, Tx. I am Cherie Gibson and have lived in Texas for 25 yrs. Originally from Mich. There are several SU & SCS gals here in DR. A few demos and lots of SU'rs. Right now there are several of us involved in recipe swaps. Del Rio is on the border of Mexico and about 150 miles SW of San Antonio. Nice to meet ya'll!

KraftyChic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #439  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Hey girls!

My step-mom sent me this via email and I was enjoying it so much I thought I would share with you TX girls too!

Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from Texas...

If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Texas.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a
wrong number, you may live in Texas.
If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may
live in Texas.
If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live
in Texas.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both
unlocked, you may live in Texas.

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them,
you may live in Texas.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody
is passing you, you may live in Texas.

If you find 60 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Texas.

If you actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your Texas
friends & others, you definitely live in Texas.

Hugs from Germany!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #440  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinaView Post
Hey Monica! I'm in Grayson County!!! But I guess you already know that, huh?! heeheehee It's CRAZY seeing you on here.... I've been meaning to call and see how y'all are doing. Talk to ya' soon!
Ok, so when are ya gonna call? I think things are settling down.

M~

Reply With Quote Likes