Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #121  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnlineView Post
Good evening everyone! Thought I'd check in. After a quick check of my threads, I'm off to stand on my head for a bit and see if I can convince baby to do an about face. I'll chat later, as long as I don't get dizzy and knock myself out.
OK, finally getting caught up! I remember when we found out that Peanut was breech, someone told me an old wives' tale about sleeping with a radio between your legs...something about the music/noise drawing the baby's attention back down...just saying... lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #122  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Saw it! Only bad thing about that news is it does not bode well for my "first babies are always late" theory. I'm not ready yet!!!
lol! It certainly occurred quickly!! Monday, the 16th, though, was busy for me and I think that had something to do with it...I had a cervical exam with my OB, an NST (non stress test) AND went to see my family physician for a cough that was absolutely horrible (he put me on amoxacylin (sp?) which I had just started). I had zero contractions (well, maybe 1 or 2 at the hospital), but my water broke!! We didn't have the carseat, the baby's room was a mess plus I had just had my family shower the Sun. before, so nothing was sorted or put away...we didn't have a 'coat' or any clothes washed and ready to take her home in. OH! And to top it all off, I didn't have a bag packed! But I promise none of it really matters or it can be handled later - my Mom and DH were fantastic in getting things together!! It'll all be good....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #123  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
lol! It certainly occurred quickly!! Monday, the 16th, though, was busy for me and I think that had something to do with it...I had a cervical exam with my OB, an NST (non stress test) AND went to see my family physician for a cough that was absolutely horrible (he put me on amoxacylin (sp?) which I had just started). I had zero contractions (well, maybe 1 or 2 at the hospital), but my water broke!! We didn't have the carseat, the baby's room was a mess plus I had just had my family shower the Sun. before, so nothing was sorted or put away...we didn't have a 'coat' or any clothes washed and ready to take her home in. OH! And to top it all off, I didn't have a bag packed! But I promise none of it really matters or it can be handled later - my Mom and DH were fantastic in getting things together!! It'll all be good....
Glad to see you back!!!

This sounds like me!! We're in this space right now. Nothing is ready. I contemplated packing a bag this weekend, just in case, but...nope..LOL.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #124  
Die Cut Diva

My goodie will be postal this afternoon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

My goodies went out in this afternoon's mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #126  
Watercolor Wizard

Patti, your package arrived on Friday, but I didn't get to the post office to pick it up until last night.

Today I had another notice in my mailbox, but haven't gone to the post office yet to see if it's from this swap. Will update you as soon as I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #127  
Watercolor Wizard

hmmm....the packages are pouring in at your house....are you having a virtual baby shower or something? :lol:

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #128  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckiView Post
hmmm....the packages are pouring in at your house....are you having a virtual baby shower or something? :lol:
LOL...plus two secret sister swaps, and a card swap....and a norwex order. DH hasn't commented yet, but he will soon. "How come you get all the mail!?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #129  
Watercolor Wizard

What's norwex?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies. My giftie is almost done. Hoping all is well, Heather!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #131  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Get used to that, Toni. For the next 18+ years you will always feel like you have a lot to catch up on!!!!

Babies are such a wonderful blessing. For those of you who don't know me much... I have a total of 6 kids (a daughter-29 and son-26 I gave birth to and 4 stepdaughters - 32, 29, 13, 13) and 5 grandkids (my grandson just turned 1 yr old in my avatar pic, and 4 stepgrandkids ages 2-12). DH's older two daughters and grandkids live only 10 minutes away but we rarely see them, they just never have time for us, so only on holidays and birthdays to come by to collect gifts mostly. My daughter lives in CO half of the year and travels lots, and then works in Antarctica the other 5 months of the year, so I see her when I can once or twice in between those -- she's very independent to say the least. My son just married and had a son last year and went in the Army, and I see him about twice a year, though I did see him more last year when he was nearby for training, but I've only seen my grandson twice so far. Drives me nuts to be so far away, but I know God has a reason for me being here.

At our church however (DH is Assistant Pastor), there is a young couple who I have sort of 'adopted'... they have a little girl about 11 mths old who is just a sweetie. She's become my substitute grandchild for now. I've gotten to watch her a few times, and the couple is expecting another girl in April so looks like I will get even another one to spoil.

I know I still can't catch up to Barb's bounty, but hey, I'm having baby fun too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
I did, didn't I? ;) Such wonderful, fantastic, beautiful, talented, etc, etc ladies on SCS!! We're all blessed to have some really great friends!

Wow! Offline to deliver a baby for a couple of weeks and have a LOT to catch up with on here! lol!

Heather, I'm working on your gift and hope to have it postal in a few days...I know you'll understand if it's just a couple of days late, though!! :shock:

I'm sure you've been told by all the other moms, but you're really in for an amazing time.... I haven't caught up with everything, yet, but has your little one turned 'round??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #132  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Just got my work schedule, and unfortunately, I am working on February 17 :(. Sorry that I will miss the shower! (Maybe if I'm not too crazy busy at work I can try to get on the internet...) But I won't be able to post the pictures of my gift. Awww, I am so disappointed...

Happy to hear that the package from Ohio did finally arrive (so much for "priority mail" to Canada!) Hope you like Baby B's gift!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #133  

So I have had a crazy week and have been battling a sinus infection and bronchitis... ugh, I hate the allergies and weather here that do this to me at least twice a year it seems...

But what did I miss? Has the breach baby turned? Are you packed and ready to go any moment???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 216 Likes on 122 Posts

Good morning; my gift will go out in today's mail. I am curious about "priority mail" to Canada! In another swap, I mailed a parcel to Canada on January 18 first class, and it still hasn't arrived at destination. My PO seems to be a bit backwards and un-informed when asked questions about mailing International.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #135  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaPattiView Post
Just got my work schedule, and unfortunately, I am working on February 17 :(. Sorry that I will miss the shower! (Maybe if I'm not too crazy busy at work I can try to get on the internet...) But I won't be able to post the pictures of my gift. Awww, I am so disappointed...

Happy to hear that the package from Ohio did finally arrive (so much for "priority mail" to Canada!) Hope you like Baby B's gift!
How long is priority mail supposed to take? I think I noticed you mailed it on the 21st, so I thought a week wasn't too bad.

ducki...Norwex is a mail order business like Stampin Up, but they sell home cleaning supplies that are non-chemical, anti-bacterial. They have some pot scrubbers that I really like, so I'm waiting for my order to come in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #136  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
Get used to that, Toni. For the next 18+ years you will always feel like you have a lot to catch up on!!!!

Babies are such a wonderful blessing. For those of you who don't know me much... I have a total of 6 kids (a daughter-29 and son-26 I gave birth to and 4 stepdaughters - 32, 29, 13, 13) and 5 grandkids (my grandson just turned 1 yr old in my avatar pic, and 4 stepgrandkids ages 2-12). DH's older two daughters and grandkids live only 10 minutes away but we rarely see them, they just never have time for us, so only on holidays and birthdays to come by to collect gifts mostly. My daughter lives in CO half of the year and travels lots, and then works in Antarctica the other 5 months of the year, so I see her when I can once or twice in between those -- she's very independent to say the least. My son just married and had a son last year and went in the Army, and I see him about twice a year, though I did see him more last year when he was nearby for training, but I've only seen my grandson twice so far. Drives me nuts to be so far away, but I know God has a reason for me being here.

At our church however (DH is Assistant Pastor), there is a young couple who I have sort of 'adopted'... they have a little girl about 11 mths old who is just a sweetie. She's become my substitute grandchild for now. I've gotten to watch her a few times, and the couple is expecting another girl in April so looks like I will get even another one to spoil.

I know I still can't catch up to Barb's bounty, but hey, I'm having baby fun too.
Don't worry susan I'm way behind in numbers overall! lol I only have 2 daughters, 3 beautiful grandbabies, and a spoiled rotten puppy that just got back from her puppy spa day! lol She got a haircut & nails trimmed & a professional hydro-surge tubby today. Kaylee (14 months) gave me the strangest look when I came home without Bailee Rae today, and she ignored me then. I guess I was being punished for taking her best friend away! She's napping now and I picked pup up while she was in bed....maybe she won't ignore me the rest of the day since her buddy is home now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

Awwww.... All those kids, grandkids and grandpups sound perfectly adorable! My 20 month old (today in fact!) is trying to hit me with DS's Nerf sword as I type! Dangerous around here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #138  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=JadeOnline;19142879]How long is priority mail supposed to take? I think I noticed you mailed it on the 21st, so I thought a week wasn't too bad.

QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I did mail the 21st and you got it Friday...oops :oops: I guess it did only take a week...that makes it pretty darned good!!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #139  
Watercolor Wizard

And...the most recent postal notice was for Ducki's package!! Thanks Ducki!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #140  
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Glad to see you back!!!

This sounds like me!! We're in this space right now. Nothing is ready. I contemplated packing a bag this weekend, just in case, but...nope..LOL.
With my first, I thought I'd pack while laboring. I mean, how hard could it be? I went in to labor 10 days early on a Sunday night and was up typing email and finishing up some work (since I wasn't expecting to have a baby just quite yet) and had to stop every contraction. It took FOREVER to get all my code checked in and email sent. Was glad the bag was already packed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My package for Baby is on its way (forgot to post I mailed it!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #142  
Watercolor Wizard

Wiggy's package arrived yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #143  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina612View Post
Awwww.... All those kids, grandkids and grandpups sound perfectly adorable! My 20 month old (today in fact!) is trying to hit me with DS's Nerf sword as I type! Dangerous around here!
It could of been dangerous here today too! Allan (4mo) dropped his toy out of his swing so big sissy Kaylee (14 mo) gave him her shoe to play with! Thankfully, she just laid it on his lap!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #144  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

And...the most recent postal notice was for Ducki's package!! Thanks Ducki!!
I was wondering about whether it was going to arrive or be eaten by the missing package monster! :lol:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #145  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny! See, she just wants to help! Glad it went well.

Quote:

It could of been dangerous here today too! Allan (4mo) dropped his toy out of his swing so big sissy Kaylee (14 mo) gave him her shoe to play with! Thankfully, she just laid it on his lap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #146  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, Heather... My gift is done and all packed up. Headed to PO now! Yay! And remember, no peeking! Don't even open the box, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #147  
Watercolor Wizard

She loves to help with everything! She's a super good girl, but she lays on the floor and crys when we tell her no. I'm glad she understands no and leaves things alone, but shes so crushed that it looks like you spanked her or something!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #148  
Pearl-ExPert

Awww.. Sensitive little one... They know how to pull at our hearts.

Quote:

She loves to help with everything! She's a super good girl, but she lays on the floor and crys when we tell her no. I'm glad she understands no and leaves things alone, but shes so crushed that it looks like you spanked her or something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey ladies
My package did not get mailed last week as I'd hoped. I have a splitting headache tonight and just got in off a 2-day road trip. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

Oh.. and without backreading I can't remember who said she can't make the shower. Forward the pictures to one of us and we'll post them when she opens the package. We did that with Christine's for Toni :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #150  

Heather, did I miss a post? Did you get my little package?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #151  

Here is my little joy! My grandson moved to Florida last week and is discovering the beaches!
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Baby Shower for JadeOnline! 2/17/12, 8pm EST-domonbeach.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, what an adorable cutie pie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #153  

Heather, how are you doing? Hanging in there? Home stretch coming at you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #154  

Its Kinding Tuesday... have you done your KIND act yet???

Current KINDING Mission - February 2012
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #155  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
Heather, did I miss a post? Did you get my little package?
Not yet! Mail has been kind of quite the past few days, but I'm sure it will catch up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjenView Post
Heather, how are you doing? Hanging in there? Home stretch coming at you!
I'm hanging..appointment yesterday was a bit disappointing. Baby hasn't turned and is measuring pretty big. :( But, nothing I can do except deal with it and move on. At least he/she is healthy and there are only a few more weeks before we get to meet Little One.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #156  

Quote:

Not yet! Mail has been kind of quite the past few days, but I'm sure it will catch up soon.

I'm hanging..appointment yesterday was a bit disappointing. Baby hasn't turned and is measuring pretty big. :( But, nothing I can do except deal with it and move on. At least he/she is healthy and there are only a few more weeks before we get to meet Little One.
Don't forget to check the front door ;-).

In the end, you will just be happy to meet your sweet new baby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Looks like he's having a ball, Susan! Wish I were there too.

Heather, hang in there girl! You're almost there. And as you said, the important thing is you know little one is healthy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #158  
Watercolor Wizard

Don't worry, Jen. I've been checking that front door regularly now!! :p

Today's mail brought some fun packages, but only one thing from this swap (I could open the other envelopes. ). Tamidolphin, your envie arrived.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #159  
Gallery Gazer

Glad it got there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #160  
Watercolor Wizard

...just checking in to see if standing on your head worked Heather! I guess you'll have to try again! :lol:

Reply With Quote Likes