Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #241  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannacourt
Hey Ellen..

Did ya get to use your big flowers as pasties Friday night???
ROFL! :-D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #242  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherristampsalot
or July...??
July would be good - towards the 2nd half...that way we would all have plenty of time to get stuff from the NEW catalog and use that in our swap box
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #243  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hmmm...Didn't hear anything about this where I was sitting... ;) Do tell...!!!
My friend Diana commented on how big the flowers Ellen got- she said that they would make *perfect* pasties! Ellen joked that she was going to wear them for her husband when she got back to the campground that night!

See ladies, a little SNAIL and your card embelishments can work for ya in the bedroom!! (It may earn you a little more Stampin' money...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #244  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
July would be good - towards the 2nd half...that way we would all have plenty of time to get stuff from the NEW catalog and use that in our swap box

I'd love to get together with you ladies, but can I request an August date? I'm heading to second session for convention and won't be able to make it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #245  
Matboard Maniac

Default RAK Request

Karen (aka Imastampin) received a call while we were at regionals on Sunday that her mom had a stroke and was in a coma in AZ. Karen left Sunday morning to be with her mom.

If you have a spare moment and an extra card, would you mind sending her a RAK? I'm sure she could use the cheering up when she gets home. PM me for her address.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #246  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Karen (aka Imastampin) received a call while we were at regionals on Sunday that her mom had a stroke and was in a coma in AZ. Karen left Sunday morning to be with her mom.

If you have a spare moment and an extra card, would you mind sending her a RAK? I'm sure she could use the cheering up when she gets home. PM me for her address.
ohmy! She also has some other stuff going on so *please* send her some cheery thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #247  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

My friend Diana commented on how big the flowers Ellen got- she said that they would make *perfect* pasties! Ellen joked that she was going to wear them for her husband when she got back to the campground that night!

See ladies, a little SNAIL and your card embelishments can work for ya in the bedroom!! (It may earn you a little more Stampin' money...)
Friday night was not terribly romantic. Around 9:00 p.m. the boy scouts and girl scouts started a cheering contest. I'll have to save a couple flowers for another time. You never know when you might need them ; )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #248  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Quote:

Thank you so much Tami. I just love all my stampin' friends.
I got to AZ on Sunday morning and went straight to the hospital to be with my Mother. She was totally unconscious and never woke up. My sweet Aunt and I spent the night with her. We both woke up and were with her when she passed away at 3:40 AM. I am so grateful I was able to be with her. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will miss her terribly.
I will be in Arizona for a while, taking care of many family affairs. I will pm Tami with my AZ address, if anyone would like it.
Again, thanks so much for your care and concern.
Karen

Last edited by imastampin; 04-23-2007 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #249  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by imastampin
Thank you so much Tami. I just love all my stamin' friends.
I got to AZ on Sunday morning and went straight to the hospital to be with my Mother. She was totally unconscious and never woke up. My sweet Aunt and I spent the night with her. We both woke up and were with her when she passed away at 3:40 AM. I am so grateful I was able to be with her. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will miss her terribly.
I will be in Arizona for a while, taking care of many family affairs. I will pm Tami with my AZ address, if anyone would like it.
Karen
{{{{BIG HUGS}}}} You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #250  
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen,

I am so sorry to hear this! Please stay safe and let us know if we can help!

HUGS
Cyndi
My Little Stampin' Heaven - My blog
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 AM   #251  
Mad Swapper

Karen - so sorry to hear of your loss. What an awful way to end the weekend. Let us all know if there is any way for us to help.

Ladies - I have several pictures from the evening which i will add to our gallery tonight or tomorrow. I also need to take a picture of the door prize I won to share - it was wonderful.

I had such a terrific time meeting everyone, talking, laughing, and just generally having girl time. Wish i could join in on the Williamsburg swap this summer, but we are moving to California in June... It was seriously fun putting names (and screen names) and faces (and avatars) together. This was my first time at someting like this, and i wasn't disappointed!!!

And everyone's cards were absolutely wonderful... I wish I had done something "fancier" after I saw what you all created.

Recently I have been feeling the urge to get a little freer with my creations, and shrug off my demo/SU hat. The times when i do that, i am much more proud of my creations, and I feel much more rejuvenated when i stamp that way. I was much happier with my door prize creation than with the cards i actually swapped, because i did just that. anyone else feel that way? Hard to put into words exactly what I am feeling... but i know i want to spread my wings a bit. Maybe moving will be like a fresh stamping start for me, without the "burden" of teaching SU classes to people... feeling so tied down to following rules.

Anyway - sorry for the long ramble. But it was really inspiring to meet everyone (especially Jody!) and it just reinforced how i have been feeling about this little art form lately...

Hope we can hook up again somehow, here or in the real world!

HUGE hugs to Cyndi for making it all happen so smoothly - you were wonderful to take on all that work.
Marni - SCS #14788 and SU Demo
My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. Thornton Wilder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 04:49 AM   #252  
Matboard Maniac

Hey Marni,

You're not the only one who feels that way- I've been thinking about it as well. I've never been one to be confined to one thing (ha, maybe the military lifestyle suits me well??).

Good luck with the PCS, hope it goes smoothly!!
Please pm me your new address, my family is in CA so I'm out there a few times a year.

Tami
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 AM   #253  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmarni
Wish i could join in on the Williamsburg swap this summer, but we are moving to California in June...
Where in CA? The SoCAL gals have a huge thing called StampMania or something like that... Lots of "famous" stampers go, I think... It was nice to meet you the other night! Sorry to hear you're leaving VA...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 AM   #254  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by imastampin
Thank you so much Tami. I just love all my stampin' friends.
Karen
Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care while you are in AZ, we'll all be thinking about you!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #255  
Gabfest Goddess

I posted some pics... I really thought I had more but when I downloaded I had tons and tons of card samples from Regionals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #256  
Matboard Maniac

Default pictures...

Quote:

I posted some pics... I really thought I had more but when I downloaded I had tons and tons of card samples from Regionals!
okay so i totally thought that my camera was acting nice the day of regionals and well alot of my shots came out blurry of the cards.. not sure if it is because all the other flashes going off or not.. can you post some of your favorite cards from regionals??

I will post some photos from dinner tonight..

desiree

Check out my gallery. Who knows you may find something you like! After all it is all of you wonderful women who give me the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #257  
Matboard Maniac

Pictures are up! I thought I took more but well I guess I was too busy oohing and ahhing over the swaps!!

Check out my gallery. Who knows you may find something you like! After all it is all of you wonderful women who give me the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 04:51 AM   #258  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Hey Marni,

You're not the only one who feels that way- I've been thinking about it as well. I've never been one to be confined to one thing (ha, maybe the military lifestyle suits me well??).

Good luck with the PCS, hope it goes smoothly!!

Please pm me your new address, my family is in CA so I'm out there a few times a year.

Tami
Tami - thanks for your thoughts - seems like you get where i am with this whole stamping obsession! i wish we had gotten to talk more - i didn't know you were military. my husband is a marine, and we are heading to pendleton. i'll pm you later this week with some more of my personal info... where are you?
and i am slow, but i promise to get those pictures up later today in the gallery. right now i am off to my weekly stamping group at the library, where all those ladies will get to oooh and aaah over the swaps from our dinner and regionals. course the ones from dinner were WAAAAAY better! you ladies rock!
My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. Thornton Wilder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #259  
Gabfest Goddess

I would love to try and make it to Williamsburg. Another excuse to visit my daughter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #260  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmarni
Recently I have been feeling the urge to get a little freer with my creations, and shrug off my demo/SU hat. The times when i do that, i am much more proud of my creations, and I feel much more rejuvenated when i stamp that way. I was much happier with my door prize creation than with the cards i actually swapped, because i did just that. anyone else feel that way? Hard to put into words exactly what I am feeling... but i know i want to spread my wings a bit. Maybe moving will be like a fresh stamping start for me, without the "burden" of teaching SU classes to people... feeling so tied down to following rules.
and I was VERY happy to receive it because it is BEAUTIFUL...it is sitting on my stamp desk...I am afraid to use
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #261  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
and I was VERY happy to receive it because it is BEAUTIFUL...it is sitting on my stamp desk...I am afraid to use
Jen - Thanks for the compliment - glad you like it - but you MUST use it, or I will be VERY sad!!!

Okay - finally uploaded some photos... Quality of the pictures is not great, but it sure looks like we were having fun! I was lazy and left the same title and description for each photo. So help a girl out by commenting on the pictures and add names and screen names for everyone you recognize.

Thanks again for a superb evening ladies - enjoy the pics!

I will add photos of door prizes after I get some help on it from tech support, otherwise known as my 14 year old son!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #262  
Stazon Splitcoast

I tried uploading a picture of my door prize into the gallery but I can't get my camera to upload right now. (I am having computer issues this week....) But I go an awesome door prize from Sharon Maranich (I think she's Mommastamper??) It was a Memory book and photo album with the Spring Showers paper and a really cute 2008 coaster calendar made with the au chocolate dp. It is so cute. I showed it off at my workshop on Sunday and the hostess went gaga over the calendar. (sorry- I had already made her a nice hostess gift so she wasn't getting it- it's mine! LOL) Thanks so much Sharon. I wish I could get a picture uploaded- if my camera starts acting right I will get it in the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #263  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok everyone I have posted one of the pics of the whole group, you can find it here.
SCS Virginia Beach Gathering by cpw3431 at Splitcoaststampers

I will post a reduced one here too.

Also if everyone can send me their email address I will be happy to email the pics to everyone. There are 3 good shots of everyone. My email is cpw3431 at verizon.net

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
VIRGINIA BEACH SU REGIONALS SCS Dinner a little room left-vb-group-3small.jpg  
My Little Stampin' Heaven - My blog
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #264  
Polyshrink Goddess

I should be able to take a picture of my goodies and post it to the thread..should be done by the weekend

diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #265  
Gabfest Goddess

My door prize made by imastampin (Karen) is uploaded now...2 posts. Please check them out...it's really beautiful and goes PERFECTLY with my dining room! THANKS KAREN!!!

Click Here

Last edited by sherristampsalot; 04-28-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 06:26 AM   #266  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures. I did not get a shot of my doorprize because I was travelling and had to take it apart to make it back to TX!

I'll post my swap card and a few others later.

Here are the pics:

texasjodylynn's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Lets fill up the gallery girls. I know more of you took pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #267  
Polyshrink Goddess

k, got my picture now i have to figure out how to post it--may have to just post it in my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #268  
Polyshrink Goddess

door prize made by Lori by dpspring5368 at Splitcoaststampers

k, i figured it out, here it is
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #269  
Polyshrink Goddess

how do i change the name from Jodi to Lori? any ideas...i tried going to 'edit photo' but it didn't work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #270  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpspring5368
how do i change the name from Jodi to Lori? any ideas...i tried going to 'edit photo' but it didn't work

It works, but you just have to wait. It takes the edit a while to catch up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #271  
Polyshrink Goddess

ahh thanks Jodi--how is the Texas weather? we had some rain(more of a slight drizzle), supposed to be nasty tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #272  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies,

For those who attended the Virg. Beach Dinner:
My swap was posted on Stampers Showcase today! Thanks for the compliments and who asked for my signature? Tee Hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 06:06 AM   #273  
Matboard Maniac

Congrats to you!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #274  
Gabfest Goddess

Awesome!!!! I knew that card looked familiar. But I couldn't remember your last name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #275  
Mad Swapper

hey pamstamper - that was ME that asked for your signature! (i tried to get everyone to sign the backs of their cards.) i knew you would be famous someday! and i recognized the card right away too! congratulations on this fun accomplishment...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #276  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamstamper
Hi ladies,

For those who attended the Virg. Beach Dinner:
My swap was posted on Stampers Showcase today! Thanks for the compliments and who asked for my signature? Tee Hee!
I saw that and knew it was one of the swap cards!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #277  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies. Due to some family issues, I am going to be moving to Arizona within three weeks! Yikes. Anyway, one of you sweet ladies offered a room if and when we came down to Williamsburg. I can't for the life of me remember who it was. I've had a LOT of stress in my life, and my brain is gone. Anyone? We (my dh and grandson and I are planning to come down probably Thursday and Friday of this week) Is the offer still good?

Also, any tips on the best way to see everything would be appreciated too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #278  
Mad Swapper

karen - it wasn't me as i am in northern virginia, but i just wanted to say i'm sorry to hear of your troubles. hang in there, and i hope your move is smooth and easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #279  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Marni! I'm sure everything will work out well, in the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #280  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh Karen! I so wish I had space...our upstairs is disasterized with furniture waiting to go somewhere else. I could move my oldest DD out of her room if you don't find something--seriously. We will actually be in Northern VA til late Thursday evening (I have a conference and DH is driving me!) I also emailed Stacy (pnindazz) and Ann (Ann Thompson) in case it was one of them that mentioned having space. I'm so sorry you have to move out to AZ but totally understand the circumstances. I will miss you on this side of the world so let's please keep in touch!
Reply With Quote Likes