Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have you down Kathy! Yay!

Ok, if you haven't already, PLEASE PM me with your vote for card fronts or full cards. Right now, the majority wants to go with full cards. If I don't here from you by tomorrow, I will just say let's go with full cards.

Also, PLEASE let me know (if you have not) whether you are coming or not.

It looks like the only money you will need will be for your lunch and dinner. I am assuming that we will pay for the lunch when it arrives at the chucrh and pay for the dinner when we are at dinner. They would prefer that it all go one one check, so if everyone can bring cash that would be great and we can just pool our money and pay that way...can you guys think of an easier way to do that? I could do like I did at the Memphis Regional gathering in January and just pay for it on my card and you guys pay me first, but in that case we KNEW how much each persons bill was going to be because we had a set menu. With this, it will depend on what you eat and drink. What do you all think would be the easiest way to do this??

Here is a link to the menu of the restaurant that I propose we go to for dinner...any objections?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VittlesFullMenu.pdf (949.7 KB, 30 views)

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:35 AM   #122  
Gallery Gazer

Also, what do you guys think about us each bring $5 to give to the church as a donation? They're letting us use the room for free, but I thought this might be a nice gesture on our part...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 AM   #123  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Details

Vittles works for me - what did we decide about ordering in lunch?

And $5 each to the church as a donation sounds great.
I'm assuming that we will all need to bring whatever we want to drink during the day. I'll have to have my diet dr pepper during the day.

This is going to be great. I hope that there are some beginners like me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 07:10 AM   #124  
Mad Swapper

Sounds awesome! I love your choice of Rest. if everyone agrees to Vittles as well. A donation to the church sounds like an excellent idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #125  
Pearl-ExPert

Wink Tennessee Gathering

Vittles sounds yummy and I think a donation is a great idea!

Having teenagers is like being PECKED TO DEATH
by a duck!!!!! :O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #126  
Polyshrink Goddess

Keva, I hate to do this to you but can I sign back up? I rescheduled some things just so I can come!

Also, I think $5.00 for the church is a great idea!

Are we still doing doorprizes?

Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #127  
Gallery Gazer

LOL..sure Chrissi! I'll put you back on the list. Glad you can come again!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #128  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Lunch Plans

Hey TN Girls -
I've been doing a little research on lunch and here's what I've found out.

Lenny's - took a look at their catering menu today - their smallest box lunch starts @ $6.25 or $6.75 (sorry the brochure is out in my car) - includes sandwich, chips, canned drink or bottled water and a cookie. It's all self-contained - each person gets a box.

They also offer party platters for 10 people - 10 sandwiches, 10 bags of chips, 10 cookies and a gallon of tea or lemonade. I think that was $39-$40.
That's actually a better deal per person cost wise.

But also requires a little more set-up (would need plates and cups), control (making sure everyone gets a sandwich before someone gets a second etc). I don't mind working with a platter like that, but some people are more particular about sharing food, etc.

They do deliver - we would need to include tax and a tip in our costs.

And we would need to order at least 48 hours in advance. I would be glad to collect the orders and make the arrangements with them.
We would be obligated for any lunches that we order (if someone doesn't show up or has to cancel after the order is made).

With us still planning on going to dinner, I'm beginning to wonder if pizza delivered might be a be a more economical option. I'm game for whatever.

I'm looking forward to putting names and faces together especially for those who live in this area.

So if you are planning on coming, let me know what you think. Box lunch, pizza or another option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Cici's is a reasonable pizza place if we want to pick up. I'm game for whatever but I thought I would add another option. I like the donation idea! Where is the church again? I missed that post. Also, are we going to Vittles for dinner? That is close to my house so that would be a great end to what I believe will be an awesome day! Looking forward to it!

Kie Fry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #130  
Gallery Gazer

Ah...I totally forgot about CiCi's!! We ALWAYS use them at my DD birthday parties every year and they are like $5 a pizza or something likew that. I vote for Cici's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #131  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Food

I like CiCi's too - I'm not sure if there is one close by - there is a Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's all fairly close to the church. Obviously we'll get a better deal if we pick up instead of have it delivered. I wouldn't want to ask any one to give up their stampin' time to go get food

There is a Roma's too - that's not too far away - they have like a large 2 topping for $6.99 carryout.

I think we had just about settled on Vittles - it sounds good to me.

Last edited by AuburnTigerTN; 07-13-2006 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #132  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like the party platter idea from Lenny's. Much lighter than pizza if we are having a big dinner.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #133  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuburnTigerTN
Lenny's - took a look at their catering menu today - their smallest box lunch starts @ $6.25 or $6.75 (sorry the brochure is out in my car) - includes sandwich, chips, canned drink or bottled water and a cookie. It's all self-contained - each person gets a box.

They also offer party platters for 10 people - 10 sandwiches, 10 bags of chips, 10 cookies and a gallon of tea or lemonade. I think that was $39-$40.
That's actually a better deal per person cost wise.
Either one of these are ok with me. Again, I'll go with the majority, but I have to eat small meals more frequently than in one setting. So pizza would not work so well for me. I'm much more of a sandwich girl anyway. Whatever the majority wants.

As with getting stuck with extra costs for no shows... maybe we need to send money ahead of time. Honestly, if we go with box lunches and then 5 people are no shows, I don't want the cost of my box lunch to go up. Does that make sense? Kinda of like a non-refundable registration fee?! JMO

Whatever the majority decides if fine with me.

ETA: Donation to the church is a great idea! Count me in! I'm also in for Dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #134  
Mad Swapper

Ditto ALL that Christine said!

I am so excited... we are gonna have a great time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #135  
Compulsive Stamper

Default food & stamp sets

I vote for a lighter lunch, since I'm already waterin' at the mouth after looking at the Vittles menu. But I won't turn down pizza either! lol
For dinner, I want the Country Fried Steak or Meatloaf! :-)

As far as what stamp set I'll be using, I have no idea! I probably won't have my swap figured out til Aug 11th! I work well under pressure, usually. lol

Those who can't draw, stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #136  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$5 Donation to church sounds great! For lunch, I would prefer sandwiches at the church. If we only have a set amount of time, I want to use it to stamp, and not take much of a break for lunch. I love CiCi's when I go there, but their cold takeout pizza isn't anything to write home about. Vittles sounds good for dinner. My two cents...

abcima
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

I too am game for it all. Sandwhiches sounds better to me than pizza. The dinner out sounds great! The donation is a very sweet thing to suggest and I am totally in on that too. Can't wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #138  
Gallery Gazer

Perri (AuburnTigerTN) got this from another thread. It shows guidlines for the shoebox swap..great information here!!

How a Shoe Box Party works:
Everyone comes up with a project to share and all the supplies to make that project. It could be as simple as a card, or as involved as a stamped beaded pen! Anything goes!! You just bring one completed sample, along with printed detailed instructions on how to make it as well as a shoebox with ALL the supplies necessary for each person to complete one!

For example, if it is an embossed card, you would supply the paper, embossing ink, embossing powder, embossing gun, EVERYTHING!!! Whatever you choose, you must bring everything to make it -- paper punches, ink pads, markers, eyelets with setter tool, rubber stamps, glitter, ribbon, BABY WIPES AND STAMP SCRUBBERS, I mean EVERYTHING!!!

Please precut ALL the pieces so that they are ready to be stamped or assembled. It is also helpful if you pre-score pieces to keep things moving along. *Optional---create "packets" by putting all the paper pieces for one in a zip lock bag for each person to keep them from getting soiled by anything else in the box! ONLY put in the baggie and in the box the exact items needed to complete a duplicate of your sample (no alternative ink choices etc). This cuts down on the time to complete the projects since there is no "thinking" to do or choices to be made!

On the day of the party, everyone brings their shoebox along, and between gabbing, eating, etc, the boxes will be stationed around the room and each person makes one of each project!

It is a lot of fun and everyone leaves with a bunch of new ideas!! You will NOT be demonstrating your project unless it is difficult-so be sure that you include detailed instructions *if needed* that are clear and easy to understand!!

Everyone needs to bring enough supplies for all participating in the shoebox swap to make their project. It's always nice to throw in some extras in case someone makes a boo-boo.

***EACH PERSON MUST BRING THEIR OWN ADHESIVE, SCISSORS, RULER, AND PEN, CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR NAME OR INITIALS*** You will take these to each station to complete the projects. The last shoe box swap I attended I ran out of mono-adhesive, so glad I had brought a refill! If your project requires extra strong adhesive, you must supply it, some of us only have mono adhesive or glue-sticks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 05:30 AM   #139  
Pearl-ExPert

Oooh...I wanna come! DH is sitting here and said it would be okay! :-) Yeah!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #140  
Pearl-ExPert

Awesome Vanessa, can't wait to meet you!

Thanks for the shoebox info. I will do what it says, I know it will make life easier for everyone!!

Remember to bring a few extra stamp sets for the image swap IF you want to. If you bring some sets I don't own yet, I can stamp a page with your image and I'll have some to play with and cut out to make a card with. You can do the same with the sets I am bringing. I will have my extra sets by my "station" and you can just bring some extra cardstock to stamp away.

If we all do this (or as many who want to...this is suppose to be only fun, no stress) then we should leave with not only 30 cards but also with a whole stack of our cardstock that we have stamped various images that we didn't previously have. We just have to be careful with other people's stamps and make sure we don't get ink on the wood and that we throughly clean the stamps.

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #141  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, here is the deal on dinner. Vittles would like for us to be able to decide between two or three entrees, but I am not sure that I want to limi us in that way. Will you guys look at the menu and tell me what, if you had to pick three, entrees you would want available. In other words, if there were only 3 items available on the menu (not including any *sides* that come with the meals) which would be the three you would want to choose from? Perhaps we *can* do it, but I don't want to force anyone to pick between 3 things they don't even like. The *time factor* is what the Mgr. was concerned about. It would take longer for the kitchen to make 30 different entrees for some reason than to, for instance, make 15 meatloafs and 15 pot roasts. So..just let me know.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had to choose then I would say pot roast, catfish, pork chops

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #143  
Gallery Gazer

You know...I just really don't like being made to make a decision on what I am going to eat, ya know? Am I the only one who would rather my food take a little longer and get whatever I want?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #144  
Glitter Queen

Default dinner at Vittle's

Keva,
I'm with you. I had rather my food take a little longer. I don't know what I may be in the mood for that night. Not to mention, if you have 30 women, trying to narrow it down to only three choices is not as easy as it sounds and there may be some ladies with certain dietary restrictions.
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #145  
Pearl-ExPert

You know we will be stamping stamping stamping our hearts out that day. We may be so wrapped up in our projects that we won't have as much time to really get to know each other. I say that we order whatever we want and who cares if it takes longer, that just gives us more time to really get to know each other better. I am easy to please though and if picking 3 is easier than that is just fine with me. I haven't looked at the menu yet but I love pot roast so that is probably what I would get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #146  
Forum Fanatic

I can't get the menu to open either at work or at home. I'm all for waiting and not being limited to 3 choices. Can someone help out on the choices available for main dishes? I've seen pot roast, chops, and catfish posted - none of which appeal to me! LOL I can eat catfish if I have to, though.

C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #147  
Mad Swapper

As a former restraunt manager I can understand why they would like to narrow it down. It would allow them to prep more of those meals ahead of time. But... everything looks so good. I am guessing I will want Country Fried Steak, Fried Pork chops or Chicken tender Salad... but who knows. I would not mind waiting a little longer for what I want. But we are all going to have to promise to be very patient. Saturday nights in a restraunt kitchen can be crazy and 30 orders all at once can only add to the chaos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #148  
Glitter Queen

Ok ladies, I still vote for ordering our food when we get to the restaurant, but if the majority wants to narrow our choices down before we go, here is my vote -- chicken tenderloins, country fried steak and pork chops. You can tell I'm a southern gal.

Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I am super excited about this! I finally went back and read through all the posts in the thread so I know now what everyone is talking about!

Lunch - I think the boxed sandwiches sound great.

Donation - Great!

Dinner - I don't think I'll be attending the dinner afterwards as DH and DS are coming with and we will be staying the night somewhere and spending family time together. Although, Vittles does sound really good!

Doorprize - I can donate a card organizer (like the one in the tutorial here). Let me know if you want me to just bring it with me or mail it ahead of time.

Also, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. And thanks to Keva for organizing and to all you gals who are helping out too!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #150  
Forum Fanatic

Hey Keva,

Just a reminder that ccarol, Carol, cannot make it. That opens up one more slot!

Also, thanks for the link to the restaurant. IF I have to pick 3 choices - any of the salads, country fried steak, or meatloaf. However, I really vote for picking while we are there. I've had gastric bypass surgery, and all of these plates would be way too much food for me. If we could pick while we are there, I'd probably pick the bowl of greens with a cornbread muffin! Just thinking about greens makes my mouth water!

Again, I'll go with whatever the majority prefers - I'm flexible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #151  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, I am veering off the food subject for a minute with a question!

Do we only use Stampin' UP! stamps and supplies? I was planning on it, but I started second guessing myself.

Thanks!
Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #152  
Pearl-ExPert

I believe Keva said that we could use whatever we wanted. I along with all of you am such a huge SU! fan but I like other stuff also. I am going to donate a brand new TAC (The Angel Company) as a door prize and also a slightly used House Mouse stamp with a few images already stamped. It is fun to see some other things, especially if you get them free!

I already asked this but once again, I would really love to actually get to see and use a CTMH (Close to my Heart) stamp set as I have never used a totally clear acrylic stamp before.

That being said, my card for everyone to make and my extra sets I am bringing for the image swap will be SU! as will my cardstock because the quality cannot be beat!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 05:06 AM   #153  
Gallery Gazer

Ok..we are full again! The *final* folks are posted on the first thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jen, I will bring a CTMH stamp set with me...I only have one set, but you are welcome to try it!

Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #155  
Forum Fanatic

Talking

I can't decide just how pathetic I really am. I already have my "box of stuff to take" sitting on my stamp room floor. I keep adding things to it, so I don't forget them. The most important thing in there so far is extra mono! LOL

Clearly, I need a life! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #156  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes you do Christine!! :p LOL, you crack me. I am so excited about getting together with you again, I just can't stand it.

Thanks Chrissi, I look forward to finally seeing a CTMH stamp set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:52 AM   #157  
Insane Embellisher

My card will feature the Bodacious Bouquet Stamp Set. I will probably use Rich Regals Colors. Should we start a new thread posting which stamp sets we will be using for the shoebox swap?
I started a thread if you're interested!
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #158  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Getting Together

Food first -
Dinner - I'm ok to wait a little while - but I'm local - no drive time home for me (well, 15 minutes).

I'm still up in the air about lunch.

Stamping - Great idea on the image exchange - I'm still new to SU so sharing is a great idea. And as far as materials go - mine can't be all SU - my stamps and inks will be but my cardstock might not be. I hope that's ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #159  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are guidelines we used at another shoebox swap. I'd like to recommend we adopt them as well

Card Guidelines

1. Cards should have a minimum of two layers.

2. To quote Mamakimberly, who said it better than I ever could ---- “Please use all current Stampin' Up! cardstock and ink and stamps. Now, let's say you have some fabulous new technique using something SU! does not carry... we can fudge it. Or you find lime green and orange gingham ribbon that makes your card pop! That's fabulous, bring it on! But don't bring cheapo cardstock and a dollar store stamp and try to pawn it off as SU! There's a difference between junk and quality and we all want to make sure our projects are really smokin' hot!”

3. Envelopes are not required, if you like to have your envelopes match your cards you may bring some along, but they will not be provided.

4. Due to time constraints and issues with outlets, please do not use any embossing on your card. If you want to use embossed images on your card, feel free to emboss it ahead of time for the swappers.

5. Please do not use craft ink because it takes too long to dry.

6. Because we only have a limited time, it is necessary to be able to make your card in quickly. If your card is supa dupa fancy and intricate, you may want to pre-stamp or pre-assemble some items for the other swappers. For example: If you are doing multi-colors on the Print Background stamp, you may want to have it already stamped for us so that the card can be made in a short amount of time.

7. We definitely do not want to discourage challenging cards or cards with “new” techniques. It is great to have a mixture of simple, medium, and fancy schmancy cards. It keeps things interesting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The only problem with these guidlines is that quite a few of us are not demos so we are not concerned about whether the images are current or if it is SU paper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcima
Here are guidelines we used at another shoebox swap. I'd like to recommend we adopt them as well

Card Guidelines

1. Cards should have a minimum of two layers.

2. To quote Mamakimberly, who said it better than I ever could ---- �Please use all current Stampin' Up! cardstock and ink and stamps. Now, let's say you have some fabulous new technique using something SU! does not carry... we can fudge it. Or you find lime green and orange gingham ribbon that makes your card pop! That's fabulous, bring it on! But don't bring cheapo cardstock and a dollar store stamp and try to pawn it off as SU! There's a difference between junk and quality and we all want to make sure our projects are really smokin' hot!�

3. Envelopes are not required, if you like to have your envelopes match your cards you may bring some along, but they will not be provided.

4. Due to time constraints and issues with outlets, please do not use any embossing on your card. If you want to use embossed images on your card, feel free to emboss it ahead of time for the swappers.

5. Please do not use craft ink because it takes too long to dry.

6. Because we only have a limited time, it is necessary to be able to make your card in quickly. If your card is supa dupa fancy and intricate, you may want to pre-stamp or pre-assemble some items for the other swappers. For example: If you are doing multi-colors on the Print Background stamp, you may want to have it already stamped for us so that the card can be made in a short amount of time.

7. We definitely do not want to discourage challenging cards or cards with �new� techniques. It is great to have a mixture of simple, medium, and fancy schmancy cards. It keeps things interesting!

Reply With Quote Likes