Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #81  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jen...yeah, that's what I was thinking that we each bring enough supplies for everyone to make *our* card...does everyone like that idea? I just thought it would be a fun way to get some new cards. I woul dlove to do full cards, but if you guys would prefer to do fronts, we can..whichever.

Yes, I think that we should each bring our own Mono (or whatever adhesive we use), stampin scrub and mist, and paper snips/ c & r scissors...and maybe a paper cutter if you think you'll need one.

I love the idea of bringing stamp sets to make images for our own personal use..great idea! You guys are full of these great ideas..man!!

I was thinking of doing door prizes of some sort. Not sure what yet, though.

As far as the paper goods..I could get all of that together. No big deal there.

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We just need to decide early enough so that we can order paper if we need to.

We need to do some Christmas cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Wink Tennessee Gathering

I attended a shoebox swap just recently, and I know it pays to have all the supplies you bring organized in ziplock baggies or tucked into an envelope. It requires some extra work (especially with 30 cards), but in the end, this makes things move along more smoothly. Each stamper has everything they need right in front of them and they aren't waisting time looking for different pieces. Another important thing that you MUST do is label everything you bring with your name. Really, each person needs to provide the supplies needed to make each card, some snippers, a piece of grid paper, bonefolder, mono, stamp-n-scrub, stampin' mist, and all the stamps, stamp pads, tools (punches and such) and embellishments needed to make the card! Each card needs to have it's own station!! That's just some info. from my experience. I'm sure I left out some things, but with all of us putting our heads together, I know we'll think of everything between now and then. Also, I can help purchase any paper products we might need or do anything....ANYTHING!! Willing and able to help out!!!!!!!

Having teenagers is like being PECKED TO DEATH
by a duck!!!!! :O

Last edited by momrulz; 07-10-2006 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

I am willing to donate some door prizes, that would be fun.

We could even do a dirty santa type of thing where we all brought a cool item like stamp set or pack of paper etc. We could "fight" for the items, letting it die with the 3rd swapper or whatever. Chime in with YES, let's that or not interested with these different ideas thrown out so we can get an idea of what everyone thinks would be fun.

I agree, we should all have our name of stuff. And having all our items to make one card in a ziplock or whatever is very smart. It wouldn't be fun searching for each layer to make a certain card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

Well I am very upset but please remove my name from the list. I was just informed tonight that I have a family reunion to go to that day. What fun? I was so looking forward to this too. Maybe next time. We should make this an annual event.
Jennifer
Project 365 blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #86  
Hardware Hotshot

It's a sad day for me too!:( I just realized that is the weekend after I return from a medical/mission trip to Honduras. My family would be really upset with me if I took off again! Sorry, maybe next time.
I hope you guys have a great time!Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #87  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownee
I love the idea of bringing stamp sets to make images for our own personal use..great idea! You guys are full of these great ideas..man!!
Ok, if there is interest, I'll bring my coveted Sunny Season's Greetings and Snow Globe sets! Just let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #88  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have only done one shoebox swap and we only did card fronts.

Since I mainly use these to show customers all the awesome designs, I vote card fronts, but am willing to make full cards. If we are doing full cards, please let me know soon...so that I can order more paper!

Also, I love the idea of door prizes! I don't mind helping you, Keva, with this. Just let me know!

This sounds like fun and I can't wait!
Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #89  
Insane Embellisher

Hey! I want to volunteer a door prize. I will make a handstamped set of note card with envelopes. Also, put me down for the paper products (plates and napkins). C'mon girls lets get this show on the road!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 03:06 AM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, ladies..we have three open spots now...Jennifer and denise-I hate that you guys are going to miss it!! :(

Anyway, yes each participant should have their stuff in little ziplocs for ease and organization. As far as card fronts or full cards....I will leave that up to you guys. I will PM each of you and you let me know throiugh return PM what your vote is and we will go with the majority on that.

OK, it would be great for each card to have a station, but I am not sure how that would happen because we're sitting at tables and...well, maybe we could have more than one card on a table. That could work, I guess.

Doorprizes-I have some sealed, current ink pads that I can throw in and a pack of SU Art Pencils...Let me know by PM if you would like to throw in something small for a door prize.

Let's also tell what, if any, stamp sets we will bring for people to make images with. They can be current, new catty, retired, whatever...so I think we should also each bring a basic brown or basic black ink pad and some neutral cardstock or whatever.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:08 AM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Am I the only non-demo attending?

I can bring a door prize or 2.

Do the stamps for the image trade have to be SU?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:03 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not a demo. I don't know what a non demo would do with card fronts. I don't have people to show them to. If we go card fronts, I guess I could mount the front onto white cardstock or something. I give all my cards away so I would have to do something like this.

I will bring "A Quiet Life" & "Life Cycles" & "Provencal" for the image swap sets.

I am also going to bring 4 gorgeous backgrounds from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are paisley, victorian sunflower, burlap, and victorian floral.

As a door prize, I am bringing a brand new uncut stamp set from The Angel Company. It is called "The earth laughs in flowers" and is adorable. I am also going to bring several hardware/embellishment type items.

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am so bummed that I can't come- I want to!!!!!! pout pout pout

wandabing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:36 AM   #94  
Forum Fanatic

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to bow out. I have to go to a reception for a newly married couple. I thought it was the 13th, but it is the 12th. :( I hope you girls have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #95  
Mad Swapper

This sounds great. I'm excited that we all will be bringing a project. They don't have to be cards do they? I'm not sure what I would like to take, but I love making notecard holders and such too. I am a demo but truly only to myself! I am my best customer..lol I have went to some large functions where they make things and each person is responsible for a project and it helps to have them all in their own ziploc baggies. Everything should be cut and prescored and ready to go so the person just has to basically use their own adhesive and put it together. That is just based on what I have done in the past.

Will we be using this time as a crop as well? Should we bring other items to work on? I'm not sure if everyone is a scrapbooker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

I am SO sorry that you gals are not going to make it!!!

Keva - do we have a waiting list or are we backing down the number of cards we will need to prepare?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #97  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

me too!
I even tried to make it a family weekend and let jessica go to build a bear for her birthday. she wants a stupid swimming party on that day. kids and their birthdays. :rolleyes:
i tried to tell her that she'll be wanting to forget birthdays soon enough - might as well start now. she replied with - and i kid you not - mom, when i'm as old as you, i may have no choice but to forget. but until then, i'll keep remembering them. she's 6. already the comedian.

i remember when i was the coolest thing ever - now i'm just an old fart;)

y'all have lots and lots of fun!!!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 AM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

I can bring good 'ol Stella Stamper! It's got some really cute little sayings! I also have some of the Old Hedge Hogs, if anybody is interested?!!

Having teenagers is like being PECKED TO DEATH
by a duck!!!!! :O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

There is a Subway very near there - 10 minutes - there is also a Lenny's who would probably deliver if we all ordered. They have nice box lunches.

I vote card fronts - I usually make fronts anyway and attach them to white or ivory inside so I can write on the inside of the card.

Also, Keva - if the church doesn't have an ice machine - I can get all the ice we need at my church and bring it in coolers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this.

I'm not a demo either - but I think my demo is coming with me (she's on the list).

This is going to be fun. Can't wait.
Now I have to come up with a cute card - I'm not a designer (I'm a copier) so this will be tough.

For those of us who are newbies - a list of things to bring would be a big help.

Thanks ya'll

Last edited by AuburnTigerTN; 07-11-2006 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #100  
Gallery Gazer

Mel....aw man...come on! Ok, I am sorry you can't come! :( We're just dwindling down..lol.

Um, no there is no waiting list..I guess we will just have the number at whatever it is. I would love to have a *final* list by this Friday..so can we (uh, me included...LOL) all check our schedules and make sure it is doable for us?

Lunch..I have never had Lenny's subs, but how can a box lunch sub ever be bad? PM me with more info on them...I can eat just about anything, so if we can all agree on Lenny's thats fine with me (or Subway or Pizza Hut)

Extra stamp sets-if you could all PM me with what stamp set (if any b/c it is NOT a requirement), I will create a post to reflect that. I think that TAC or CTMH sets would be okay, too...or any other companies. It's not an SU! sponsored event, so it's cool. Besides, if you don't want the image, you don't *have* to stamp it...lol.

Shoebox card-It doesn't have to be a card..it can be anything as long as it is not a time taker. I mean, a lunch box tin would probably not be good...lol..but whatever. Those little fruit cup things would be cute..or..well whatever. I'm not the boss of this, so whatever you guys want to bring works for me.

List of things to bring-I think we should each bring the following:

1. Adhesive
  2. Paper Snips
  3. Stampin Scrub and mist (or whatever cleaning method you prefer)
  4. Basic Black or Brown ink (for image swap)
  5. White or Vanilla, etc cardstock (for image swap)

There is a refridgerator there, but I am not certain on the ice. Maybe ice in coolers would be nice! I figure that we will have drinks there for us...some cokes, sprites, diets, etc so that we can feel free to drink them all day without having to keep buying drinks or trying to slowly drink the drinks that come with our meal so that they last all day...lol..

If you would like to bring extra stuff to work on you can. I don't imagine that it will take the whole time to make the cards...of course, I am not a master of time management, so maybe it will..lol. I just want this to be a fun time for everyone, so bring anything you like and would want to show others and stuff.

Is there still interest in going to dinenr afterwards? Opry Mills mall is just 10 minutes away (that's where Rainforest is) and then there are restaurants out by my home (10 minutes the another way) like Famous Dave's BBQ, Chili's, O'Charley's, Ryan's Buffet, lots of places. Of course, we may want to try to let them know we're coming WAY ahead of time or something b/c Saturday nights are notoriously difficult to just walk into a restaurant and sit down with a large (over 6) group..lol. Anyway, we can figure that out later if you want.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #101  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Is there still interest in going to dinenr afterwards? Opry Mills mall is just 10 minutes away (that's where Rainforest is) and then there are restaurants out by my home (10 minutes the another way) like Famous Dave's BBQ, Chili's, O'Charley's, Ryan's Buffet, lots of places. Of course, we may want to try to let them know we're coming WAY ahead of time or something b/c Saturday nights are notoriously difficult to just walk into a restaurant and sit down with a large (over 6) group..lol. Anyway, we can figure that out later if you want.
My .02... I'd love to go to dinner somewhere that is not a national chain. I really enjoy eating dinner at "local" establishments to get a flavor of the local food/culture, etc. That being said, I'll go where the group goes. I'm definitely a "majority rules" kinda gal.

Keva, you rock, my friend! You are doing a fabulous job coordinating this for us! I can't wait to meet you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #102  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, so far the vote is 11 for Full cards and 5 for fronts only...wow!

A local restaurant woudl be great...let me think on some nice places...any of Nasvillians are welcome to chime in with some of your favorites. I tend to eat at expensive places because I eat out with my Boss and co-workers alot on the company dime, so...I am guessing that we will all want to stay in the $10-20 range for dinner after the gathering? Does that sound about right? I know there is a place called Ellendale's nearby that is supposed to be rather good...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, I just came from dinner with my mom and daughter at this place called Vittles. It is like a meat and three Southern restaurant. I talked to the owner and they have a place that can be curtained off for us. The meal was good (I had fried pork chops-yum!) and they average about 7-8 dollars or so. They *can* have everyone just order whatever, but he said he would *recommend* we decide on a menu before time that we can pick from. I will try to scan the menu so that you guys can see it. I was thinking maybe we could all decide between 3 entrees...OR we can just order whatever when we get there since some of us may be vegetarians or want kosher or don't eat whatever and I don't want anyone to feel pressured into anything. So let em know what you think about this place. Oh, and it is on the same street as the church..maybe 7 or 8 minutes down (closer to my home. )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #104  
Pearl-ExPert

This all sounds great and lots of fun!!! Now I have to "design" a cute card that you all are going to want to make. I am a copier too so we'll see.

And if anyone has any CTMH stamps...PLEASE bring them. I really want to see what they are like as I have never seen them. I can bring some TAC in case people have not seen them. I am an SU! addict for sure and that is where 80% of my money for stamps goes but I do like to see other stuff also.

I am cool with whatever and wherever we decide to eat as long as there is some flexiblity on menus as I do have a few dietary restrictions.

You ROCK Keva!!!! You can be the boss of us if you want to! LOL

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #105  
Insane Embellisher

So are we doing full cards then for sure?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #106  
Gallery Gazer

Full cards....hmm..I really don't want to get aggressive and *make* people do something they don't want. The vote is still swinging in favor of full cards, though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #107  
Crimping Master

ok, add me to the list of disappointed stampers. :( :(

My nephews first birthday party was suppose to be 7/29, but my cosuin is having her sweet sixteen that weekend, and since her invitaions went out first.....

My nephews birthday party is now Aug 12. I begged my sister to change it but she doesn't want to have it any later (his actual birthday is July 30), and they already had plans for the 5th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TN gathering

OH NO Jennifer-
I thought you'd go an represent the K'ville crowd!! (since the rest of us have elft the building!!)

That's a bummer.... families are great, but why can't they let US do what we want!!! pout pout

wandabing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #109  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Have FUN! FUN! FUN!

I thought about sneaking in and surprising you just to meet everyone but my car needs brakes and we can't get them done right away and the van it out of the question to go that far.

Maybe the next TN one can be in Chattanooga????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #110  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am going to have to back out...sorry everyone! Sounds like you will have fun.
Chrissi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TN Get-together

Dinner -
Ellendales is wonderful - it's in a quaint house that's been converted - they do have some private rooms - but it's a little pricey for dinner ($13 for a pasta dish all the way up to $54 for surf and turf). The food is not your typical food - it's always got an odd, but delicious twist - not just plain meat and potatoes. www.ellendales.com

There's a great place out near Hickory Hollow Mall - it's called Texana - they have a great variety of food - ribs, burgers, steaks, burritos - they were a hot spot - the owner had to close about 3 years ago because of family stuff in Texas but they are back open now. I believe they also have a private room.
Very texan in theme, reasonable priced
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Ok, I just came from dinner with my mom and daughter at this place called Vittles. It is like a meat and three Southern restaurant. I talked to the owner and they have a place that can be curtained off for us. The meal was good (I had fried pork chops-yum!) and they average about 7-8 dollars or so. They *can* have everyone just order whatever, but he said he would *recommend* we decide on a menu before time that we can pick from. I will try to scan the menu so that you guys can see it. I was thinking maybe we could all decide between 3 entrees...OR we can just order whatever when we get there since some of us may be vegetarians or want kosher or don't eat whatever and I don't want anyone to feel pressured into anything. So let em know what you think about this place. Oh, and it is on the same street as the church..maybe 7 or 8 minutes down (closer to my home. )
YUM! sounds good to me and the price is right! Also, I voted card fronts, but I really do not care if we do full cards. Just go with majority.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #113  
Glitter Queen

I would love to come! Is it open to non-demos? Is there an agenda or just stampin' up what ever we want to bring?

Thanks,
Carolyn- whitex5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by wandabing
OH NO Jennifer-
I thought you'd go an represent the K'ville crowd!! (since the rest of us have elft the building!!)

That's a bummer.... families are great, but why can't they let US do what we want!!! pout pout

wandabing
Ashley and I are coming and we live in K'ville. We will represent.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitex5
I would love to come! Is it open to non-demos? Is there an agenda or just stampin' up what ever we want to bring?

Thanks,
Carolyn- whitex5
Carolyn it is open to anyone in TN. Just make sure Keva puts your name on the list and then watch for her updates. Sounds like it is going to be fun filled day of stamping stamping and more stamping. I'm really looking forward to it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I would share this basic tool kit list to bring to a stamping event. I got this off of the TN stampers yahoo group I'm on.

Cutting: detail scissors, xacto knife, paper trimmer, small cutting mat, favorite decorative scissors, hole punch

Adhesives: glue stick, liquid glue, double stick tape

Stamps & Inks: black permanent ink, a couple of versatile color dye inks, a few small general stamps (stamped by)

Other tools: bone folder, pen & pencil, ruler, stipple or stencil brush, regular paint brush, water brush, clothespins, a small spray bottle, fiber threader, black sharpie, markers or colored pencils (regular or watercolor), eyelet setting tools

Consumable Materials: baby wipes or stamp cleaner, post its for masking, styrofoam tray or paper plate, rubber bands, brads, paper clips, ziploc bags, scrap paper to use under your projects, basic white paper to stamp on (image swapping), small assortment of colored papers for stamping or matting, q-tips

Misc: travel cup w/ lid or water bottle, bandaids, tylenol, hard candy, and other emergency items, labels printed with name & address for labeling items, trading cards or other items to swap

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #117  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Designs/Stamps

Are we going to try to get a list of what stamp set everyone will be using for their card/project? or are we assuming that all 30 of us won't pick the same stamp set to use?
Sorry - this is my first get-together. Lots of questions

Carolyn, I'm not a demo either and neither is my friend Requelle on the list. But our demo Natalie is coming to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #118  
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah, I am so glad you gals are coming!!!

Several of us are not demos. And you don't even have to live in TN. I live in Alabama and another lady is coming from Florida to join in the fun.

Listing which sets we are going to use sounds like a good idea so that we can have a wide variety of cards. I am looking forward to seeing what all you come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 03:41 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default SUBCRIBED TO THE THREAD I'll be there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wandabing
Hey you (Keva)-
Thanks for the RAK- you'll have something coming to you shortly

Me me me!! I want to come play!!! Add me to the list! I hope
I can get a hall pass....... I haven't been to Nashville.....

wandabing

Hey Wanda! Let me know if you want to drive from Knoxville together - anyone else coming from the Eastern part of the state? Stacey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 AM   #120  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just got back from vacation and I'm glad to see this thread. I'd love to come!
Reply With Quote Likes