Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:25 AM   #281  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We'll see you on Saturday, Jaclyn-- hope your moving is going well!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #282  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone! I have bad news....my family has come down with that flu thing going around. I won't be able to come to the first annual U.P. convention after all. Someone has to stay here to take care of my hubby and 2 sons. I'm so sad........ I certainly hope this becomes an annual event. I don't think I'll ever make it to a Stampin' Up! convention so I was really looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing in all of that talent up close and personal. I'll be thinking of you having fun this weekend and trying not to be too glum around my sickies here.

Yvonne :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #283  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun girls! Sorry I couldn't make it up there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #284  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybonView Post
Hello everyone! I have bad news....my family has come down with that flu thing going around. I won't be able to come to the first annual U.P. convention after all. Someone has to stay here to take care of my hubby and 2 sons. I'm so sad........ I certainly hope this becomes an annual event. I don't think I'll ever make it to a Stampin' Up! convention so I was really looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing in all of that talent up close and personal. I'll be thinking of you having fun this weekend and trying not to be too glum around my sickies here.

So sorry to hear the flu struck your house and that you can't make it. We had a good time tonight and are definitely planning on making it an annual event. I'm going to try to get some of the cards for you tomorrow from the swaps. I'm sure the girls will be more than willing to share since illness is the reason you couldn't make it. Will pm you when the event is over tomorrow.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #285  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the good wishes Lorien. We had a blast tonight and I'm sure it will continue tomorrow.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #286  
Stazon Splitcoast

A HUGE THANK-YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED OUR U.P. STAMP EVENT. I ENJOYED MEETING EVERYONE AND HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE CREATIVE TECHNIQUES AND IDEAS. WE CERTAINLY CAME AWAY WITH A FABULOUS VARIETY OF CARDS AND WE PACKED A LOT OF VISITING AND CARD-MAKING IN TO A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. I HOPE EVERYONE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Tentative plans for next year...July 31 and August 1. Our Pow-Wow is the week-end before and the fair the week-end after. Will make sure we can reserve the rooms and let you know ASAP. Since our numbers will be limited(5 to 10 more people) those who attended this year will be notified first.

Again, thanks for sharing this week-end with us.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #287  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lisa and I both got home safe and sound. I want to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to the ladies who worked so hard to make our weekend the BEST!!!! It was great! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. We met some wonderful people, and had a great time. We learned lots, and had a great time doing it! Don't change a thing for next year! I'm already marking my calendar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #288  
Stazon Splitcoast

THANK YOU LADIES!

I had so much fun! I made it home (seems like barely, boy was I tired) and the kids were so excited to see all of the creations and to know if I'd made any new friends :mrgreen:. It was so great to meet all of you and to see some of you that I've not seen in awhile again. Oh and I came home to a CLEAN living room! Ryan and the kids unpacked 99% of the boxes in there! Plus he had dinner ready when I got here too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #289  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._NorthView Post
THANK YOU LADIES!

I had so much fun! I made it home (seems like barely, boy was I tired) and the kids were so excited to see all of the creations and to know if I'd made any new friends :mrgreen:. It was so great to meet all of you and to see some of you that I've not seen in awhile again. Oh and I came home to a CLEAN living room! Ryan and the kids unpacked 99% of the boxes in there! Plus he had dinner ready when I got here too!
WOW-- your hubby is one FAB guy! Glad you made it home safe and sound!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #290  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks so much EVERYONE for making this first Stampin' in the U.P. a success! We had so much fun, as you can see, we're already planning next years! We gabbed a bit after everyone had left and have a few new tricks up our sleeves already!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday...thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #291  
Embossing Fanatic

To those of you who missed this fabulous event....Wow...you missed an awesome good stamping time!!! Talk about talent, talk about good will, talk about sharing of ideas, tips, humor and great stories that make your eyes tear up! What a wonderful bunch we all are! I was trying to think of a name for us on my way home...something like "The Baraga Dream Team", "The Baraga "22" (or how many there were of us!), The Baraga Stamping Team, you get the idea! We (or at least alot of us) went as strangers, but we left as new found freinds! (Look for a new thread here soon...right??)

We are eagerly awaiting next years meet! We may live in a rural area...but we are full of spirit and raw talent!

Thank you to everyone who made this "dream" come true for all of us "Yoopers" and also to those who participated. I owe you much!
Maggimay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #292  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Yvonne:

We missed you! Hopefully you will be able to plan to come next year! We thought of you often-- nursing your family!

Take Care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 AM   #293  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggimay456View Post
To those of you who missed this fabulous event....Wow...you missed an awesome good stamping time!!! Talk about talent, talk about good will, talk about sharing of ideas, tips, humor and great stories that make your eyes tear up! What a wonderful bunch we all are! I was trying to think of a name for us on my way home...something like "The Baraga Dream Team", "The Baraga "22" (or how many there were of us!), The Baraga Stamping Team, you get the idea! We (or at least alot of us) went as strangers, but we left as new found freinds! (Look for a new thread here soon...right??)

We are eagerly awaiting next years meet! We may live in a rural area...but we are full of spirit and raw talent!

Thank you to everyone who made this "dream" come true for all of us "Yoopers" and also to those who participated. I owe you much!
Maggimay
I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself Maggi! I hope you are able to join us again next year!

Helen will be starting a new thread that we can use throughout the year. I think the name that was kicked around was *Superior Stampers*...how does that sound to everyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #294  
Embossing Fanatic

Superior Stampers says it all! It works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 06:50 AM   #295  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Superior Stampers and THANKS

Good morning and happy stamping to all of the super stampers who attended the Stamping in the Up event. First of all I want to send a huge THANKS to JoAnn and Deb for the organization and planning and hard work they did to make this weekend such a success. I learned so much, talked with so many terrific people and came home with so many wonderful cards and projects. It was great, I might even say SUPERIOR. Later today, I will be "trying" to start a thread in the Entertainment, Fun and Games forum for the Superior Stampers to meet and chat. Please send the message out that this will be a place for Yoopers (past and present) and wannabe Yoopers, and friends of Yoopers. So that�s pretty much everyone!!! We can keep in touch, share ideas and get ready for next year!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #296  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up Here's the Superior stamper thread

Greetings ladies! Here (and I am hoping to do this right) is our Superior stamper thread. Have a wonderful afternoon..Helen

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #297  
Matboard Maniac

I'm just now getting to read this and ooooohhhh I wish I had been able to get there. I wish I had a dollar for every time I thought of how much fun you were all having. JoAnn - thank you for thinking of me. I'm very touched. I'm going to write down the dates for next year's gathering...... I'll make sure everyone takes their vitamins in this household so no one gets sick and ruins mom's plans. I'd love to send my cards to you all if you happen to have addresses for people were able to attend.

Yvonne (Feeling the love here in Marquette!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #298  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm just now getting to read this and ooooohhhh I wish I had been able to get there. I wish I had a dollar for every time I thought of how much fun you were all having. JoAnn - thank you for thinking of me. I'm very touched. I'm going to write down the dates for next year's gathering...... I'll make sure everyone takes their vitamins in this household so no one gets sick and ruins mom's plans. I'd love to send my cards to you all if you happen to have addresses for people were able to attend.

Yvonne (Feeling the love here in Marquette!)
Hi Yvonne, We were all sorry you couldn't attend. It was a fabulous time. I have a box of cards ready to mail out for you and in it is a list of names and addresses and e-mails, etc. that we all shared. I may not get to the post office until Tuesday, but look for them soon. As far as mailing to everyone, that's very thoughtful, but could get postage expensive. Take care and favorite our new thread two posts above this...it will keep you up to date with U.P. stampers. Superior Stampers.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #299  
Cardstock Collector

Default All I can say is "ditto"

Wow. It's so heartwarming to read what everyone has to say about our great stamping gathering. Just last Thursday, I didn't know anyone who was attending, except that I had met Sharon Johnson in Sayner. It was Sharon who gave me a form for this event. (Thanks, Sharon!) Now when I read the messages, I know who is writing them! Many Thanks to everyone who organized the event; donated time, talent, prizes, and goodies; brought swap cards; prepared shoe box kits; shared information; shared tools; and tolerated questions and more questions. ;)

I look forward to our new thread and more gatherings in the future.

Amy @ MTU
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #300  
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad you joined us, Amy. Hope to see you again soon.

Hey everyone....it's up......................
Check out the new thread for pics and to post yours.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #301  
Insane Embellisher

My mom and I had a GREAT time - Put me down for next year for sure...and would like to help out again, too! It was a blast!

Cheryl (and Barbara Voltz - I'll get her to get a SCS name real soon!)

Please stop by my blog and say "Hi!"
http://cheryl-outonawhim.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 AM   #302  
Glitter Queen

I echo the sentiments shared here -- the event was just what I needed, and I'm looking forward to next year. I just hope I can get the whole weekend off....Hugs and Blessings to my fellow Superior Stampers.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #303  
Glitter Queen

I'm just unpacking the supplies I brought to Baraga and I discovered that I am missing one stamp from my shoebox swap. It's small and says "Friend or Friends" -- can't remember which one. My initials LC are on it -- if you find it among your stuff -- please let me know. Thank you....
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #304  
Glitter Guru

Seems you ladies had fun! I hope I'll be able to attend next year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #305  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKICIOView Post
Seems you ladies had fun! I hope I'll be able to attend next year
Hope you can, too. Would love to meet you. Stay tuned to our thread in the fun and games section. Superior Stampers. Check the post above by Lucy's mom. She has a link that will take you right there.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #306  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsljcView Post
I'm just unpacking the supplies I brought to Baraga and I discovered that I am missing one stamp from my shoebox swap. It's small and says "Friend or Friends" -- can't remember which one. My initials LC are on it -- if you find it among your stuff -- please let me know. Thank you....
Linda, I found a friends stamp I think might be yours as it matches the one on my card. There is not an LC on it though. If you don't hear from anyone else in a couple days, let me know and I'll mail this one out. BTW, I really loved that card.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #307  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahzoeView Post
Hi Yvonne, We were all sorry you couldn't attend. It was a fabulous time. I have a box of cards ready to mail out for you and in it is a list of names and addresses and e-mails, etc. that we all shared. I may not get to the post office until Tuesday, but look for them soon. As far as mailing to everyone, that's very thoughtful, but could get postage expensive. Take care and favorite our new thread two posts above this...it will keep you up to date with U.P. stampers. Superior Stampers.
Thanks again! What a nice surprise it will be to open that package. It is so very sweet of you to do this for me. I really appreciate it! I'll be watching the Superior Stampers thread.

Yvonne

Last edited by ybon; 08-04-2008 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Spelling Correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #308  
Matboard Maniac

Default Wow!

Wow, what a terrific time Jackie and I had at your get together. It was wonderful. I learned many things, met many new friends and loved every minute of it.

We arrived home tonight about 630, but I wanted to take a minute and thank each and everyone of you for doing such an awesome, well planned event.
It would certainly be hard to be beat in any way. I so wish I lived closer and could be a part of your group. But, I hope I can through here. I just can't tell you home much I enjoyed it. Jackie did too and felt like she learned a lot. I think we all might have hooked her in.

Again, thanks to each one of you who spend many hours in preparation...well done everyone!

Joan

http://www.joanscreations.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #309  
Stazon Splitcoast

Make sure you check outout new home in fun and games.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #310  
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, Have you heard from anyone about the stamp? If not, I'll drop the one I have here in the mail. Like I said there is no LC on it, but someone might have had the same one and it got mixed up.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #311  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello to all....I finally got all my things unpacked and came to find out that I must have left a few of the shoebox swap cards either on a table or they fell out of my walker...especially if they were the ones that needed extra drying time!

I know for sure that I don't have Joan's card cuz most of us had to ask how to use that machine and I remember that one...but I'm not so sure about the others. I am going to try to catch up with Linda today and see if we can compare cards made so I can try to explain what i am missing. My basket and "seat" on my walker got so full at times that I think they just fell off. I miss them! :(

So it any of you came home with "doubles" I would appreciate hearing from you and I will gladly mail you postage so you could send them to me!

Happy stamping! Maggi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #312  
Glitter Queen

JoAnn -- No, no one has contacted me about the missing friend(s) stamp --if it's a smaller stamp, chances are the stamp you have is mine ---- I'm getting older every day -- I must have dreamt I put my initials on it DUH Linda
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #313  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay then, Linda. I'll drop it in the mail on Friday. Going out of town early tomorrow and won't get to the post office.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #314  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggi ~ If you are missing mine (It had the peep hole and used Tart and Tangy) I do have extras and would be happy to send one your way. Just let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #315  
Matboard Maniac

My package came in the mail today! Thank you so much for sending me these gorgeous cards. What a treat to open the box and look through these wonderful creations. It cements the fact that I do NOT want to miss the next gathering. Thank you again for thinking of me!

Yvonne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #316  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, I have extras also. Real Rust, Old Olive More Mustard (cuttlebuged) and then smaller layers of the same with one flower.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #317  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahzoeView Post
Okay then, Linda. I'll drop it in the mail on Friday. Going out of town early tomorrow and won't get to the post office.
The stamp arrived today -- and it's mine -- thanks so much for sending it on to me -- I owe you Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #318  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default 2009 Event

Hey, hey, HEY!

Check out our 2009 Stampin' in the U.P. link HERE
Reply With Quote Likes