Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #201  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amy "Yooper Brat" sent me a message reminding me of this gathering. Is it too late for me? I'm in Marquette. I can't believe I forgot about this.....

Yvonne

P.S. Thanks again Amy for the heads up!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #202  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybonView Post
Amy "Yooper Brat" sent me a message reminding me of this gathering. Is it too late for me? I'm in Marquette. I can't believe I forgot about this.....

Yvonne

P.S. Thanks again Amy for the heads up!
Yvonne, of course you are welcome. Did you check your pm?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #203  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Gals:

Check out the changes in the first entry! We are still waiting for the final numbers of the shoebox and main swap... I will add that as soon as we know for certain! It's looking like possibly 20 for the regular swap, and 22 for the shoebox... I will post that in the first entry and here as well!!!

Last edited by DeborahLynneS; 07-06-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Change numbers for swaps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #204  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Happy Fourth
of July!!!

Please check the first entry to see the final numbers and schedule for our big event!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #205  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just sent out a quick pm to everyone to remind you to check post #1 for the latest info.

My Gallery

Last edited by sarahzoe; 07-06-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #206  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hoping you all get the info in time to get your stamping done.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is this vendor specific or anything goes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._NorthView Post
Is this vendor specific or anything goes?
Anything goes.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome! Thanks JoAnn, hope you're feeling much better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #210  
Stazon Splitcoast

Getting stronger every day. Still have to wear this oxygen for a while though. I hope it's gone by Aug. 1.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #211  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink Is it Aug. 1st yet???

Hi Ladies!

I'm getting so excited for our event!! I finally got my room reserved, I will stay up there Friday night and then drive home Sat. evening I think.

I'm a little nervous about the swaps. I hope no one will be disspointed in mine. I've looked through some of your galleries and not sure I'm on the same "level"! But I know it's going to be a lot of fun.

I was thinking that it might be fun to exchange a little information about each other before we meet. Might be fun and give us something to keep the time from dragging until Aug. 1st gets here! What do you think?

Well I'll tell you all a little bit about me.

I've been stamping for about 11-12 years. Started right out with SU! My sister from Lower Michigan got me started by giving me my first set. A friend of hers was a demo. I'll always remember that first set because I was in such a hurry to use it I didn't read the directions and didn't trim the rubber! So for a long time I just thought I was a bad stamper because I was getting ink marks all over!

Back then, I had no clue that anyone else in the U.P. even knew of SU!. I ordered through my sister and went to a couple workshops with her when I was down there visiting. Then between 1999-2004 I didn't really do much of anything, and then in 2004 I started scrapbooking. I signed up with a couple yahoo groups for scrapbooking, and there was a SU demo in the group and I ordered a couple times from her and then decided to become a demo myself in 2005. Again, I was naive and thought there were no demos around here. Lo and behold I've discovered several demos in the U.P. now and wish I would have signed up with someone local. Oh well.

I haven't done any scrapbooking since I became a demo, because it's hard enough for me to find time to do the stamping projects I want to do. I work full time (usually 50 hours a week) and have other things going on all the time too. I don't have kids at home but I have stepkids that I try to spend at much time with as possible when they are with us. Sometimes I feel guilty or stressed that I don't use my stamps enough and I know I could probably "drum up" more customers if I applied more time to it, but I just generally feel stretched real thin with my time.

I have a stamping room in my basement, which is very convenient but not very comfy-cozy so my goal right now is to set up a place in our "den" that I can bring stuff up to work on, I know I will do more if I can be up in the main part of the house, so I'm excited to make that happen.

I pretty much only buy SU stamps because I need to have stuff to use in my workshops and can't afford to put alot of my household money toward my hobby, so I use my "earnings" from my sales to keep buying stamps and supplies out of the catalog. I have purchased a few Papertrey stamps though and do really like them. I know there are so many other great companies as well but unfortunately, at least at this point, I can't afford to "branch out". Ughhh.

I didn't intend to write a whole "novel" today, sorry, but there is one other thing I wanted to throw out there. I was wondering if it would be possible for some of you that have the newer "toys" and things to bring them along for some of us that don't have them to see in person. I'm thinking of things such as the Scor-Pal, the Copic markers, the Nestabilities, Just-Rite Monogrammers, etc. And I would totally understand if you wouldn't want others to use your valuable tools, but it would be great just to see them in person and see if we think we would like them. I have been wanting to order some things but am just afraid they won't be as user friendly as everyone says or that I wouldn't use them enough to make it worth the cost. So it would be great to see some of the things first hand. Just a thought.

Ok, so now that I've written a book for you all to read, and my lunch break is over, I'll end here and hope that others will post and start some "chatter" to lead up to the big day! I can't wait!! Have a great day everyone!

Amy from Escanaba
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #212  
Embossing Fanatic

Default From one yooper to anothers - and the others!

Amy, I am in Marquette and have alot the the same issues with being "exposed" to the many tools that are out there. I can't even get a Cuttlebug at my local Michaels store!

I do have the Score-It Mini and I will take it to Baraga so you can try it out. You have a great idea and I am sure others will follow suit. I can tell you from being on SCS and TJ that stampers are the most selfless people in the world! They are always there to help you out with questions!
I, too, was feeling like I won't be as good as the others that will be there...but then I remember...we all started at the same place and it takes time, patience, exposure and our own willingness to "go out on a limb" to try something new....and we are by going to Baraga! I am so sure we are going to make a lot of new friends and come back with renewed inspiration!

Well, I could go on and on but I won't! I'm excited for August and I never thought I'd wish our U.P. summer to hurry up!!!
Looking forward to meeting you and the others!
Maggi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #213  
Matboard Maniac

Default From Indiana

I am so looking forward to meeting you all. I am from northern Indiana and will be driving 14 hours to attend the gathering.

I will bring some of my tools - I don't have lots. but I do have some that you have mentioned.

My friend Jackie lives up in your area in the summer and has never made a card. She will be attending with me. No one will have less experience that she has had making cards.

It doesn't matter, we are getting together to have fun and learn from each
other.

Does anyone have the Cricut Expression that is attending?

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #214  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies, I'm so happy to hear that people are getting excited about August. I think it will be great fun and nobody cares where your level of stamping is at. I have a score it and cuttlebug with some nestabilites and you are welcome to try them all. I know Sharon (notimetostamp) has the monogram stuff, maybe she will demo some of that for you. You could pm her and tell her you are interested. Not sure if anyone locally has the Cricut Expressions. Finished my shoebox cutting up today and my swaps are done. There are some advantages to being stuck at home. Have a great week-end ladies.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 AM   #215  
Matboard Maniac

Default Cricut

I have the Cricut Expression that I possibly could bring if no one else has one.
It all depends if we have room in the car once we are packed. I will try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #216  
Insane Embellisher

My mom has a cricut, but I don't know enough about them to know if "expressions" is a program or a newer updated machine than the one she has. I'm sure she would be willing to bring it, if she has the model you are talking about. I'll find out.

Cheryl

Please stop by my blog and say "Hi!"
http://cheryl-outonawhim.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #217  
Matboard Maniac

Default Cricut

Cheryl,
The Cricut Expressions is the newer and larger one. It uses a 12x12 mat and the little "bug" uses a 6x12. That is one of the main differences.

Just let me know and thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #218  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I'll play along, Amy.

My name is Jaclyn and I live near Lake Superior (Agate Beach). I started out scrapbooking and then turned to stamping over 3 yrs ago and I've been a SU Demo for almost 1.5 yrs.

I am married to my best friend, Ryan and we have 4 wonderful (MOST OF THE TIME :rolleyes: ) children. Logan is our oldest and he is 8. Then there is Ashlynn, she is 5.5, then Brooklyn who is nearly 4.5 and our baby Emberlyn who is 6.5 months old (she was born the day after Christmas).

I have mostly SU stamps, but a few others. I don't have any of the other gadgets, can't afford them right now, but one day, when I have my OWN space. Right now I have everything set up in the living room and the kids KNOW that they aren't to touch Momma's things!

Here are my lil urchins! From left to right : Brooklyn, Emberlyn, Logan and Ashlynn.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Oh and does anyone want a roomie?? :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails
Stampin' in the U.P. of Michigan-all-4.jpg  

Last edited by Stampin_U.P._North; 07-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #219  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nice to see people coming back to the thread. I thought after you got the info you needed, the thread would die out. So anyway, I'll play. I have been stamping for about 10 years and have been an SU hobby demo(no parties) for about 5 months. When my granddaughter was born almost 5 years ago I started scrapbooking, too. I have 4 albums for her first year and a half...just can't seem to leave out any pictures. SCS became way too addicting once I was introduced to it. I would get up in the morning and do the challenges before I went to school and then use my prep period to make comments. I also enjoy doing VSN and I am hostessing a challenge for it on Friday, July 25.

I am not strictly an SU stamper. There are many companies that I like to chose stamps from and some of my most favorite designer papers are from Michaels...K and Company. My style is simple and most of the new products don't impress me too much. For the most part, unless it's a challenge, I like less is more.

I retired from teaching 2 years ago and haven't missed a day of school since...I ended up going back both years for one reason or another. I am a widow of 8 years. My daughter is 29 and she and her husband and daughter live in West Lafayette, Indiana. My son is 27 and is spending this summer in Houston, Texas. He lives on a drop zone which is a parachuting airport. He packs parachutes and jumps out of planes. What a life.

SCS and stamping have been wonderful healing therapies the last week or so. Some of you know that I spent most of the month of June in the hospital with blood clots in my lung and respiratory failure. I am getting stronger every day and stamping has helped. Our event in August will most likely be my first chance to be out and about and I am so totally looking forward to it.

Happy stamping between now and then.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #220  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Enjoyed reading your replies!

I'll play,too. I haven't been stamping long, probably just over a year but did a little scrapbooking before that. I am retired also, with 4 granddaughters living elsewhere (most of the time).. The oldest is sitting on my lap helping my do this. Later we are cutting ovals for the swaps! I am also really looking forward to meeting everyone and stamping during the weekend. I only live 3 miles from the Best Western so I can stay late and come early!

I am still trying to see if I have a "style", mostly doing challenge and making cards for things I need. I do have to say that I haven't purchased a card for over 6 months ! I have mostly SU and inks, along with my other favorites...Clearance finds!!

See everyone in August! Helen (Lucy's is my foolish dog, seen in the picture)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #221  
Insane Embellisher

Hey, this has been nice getting to "meet and know a little about you," so I guess I'll do a little playing along too!

I am Cheryl and I've been stamping since Spring of 1999, and an SU demo since August of 1999. I love SU images and SU colors, but I too have strayed to love the K & Co designer papers and any other kind that tickles my fancy. I also have tried out some of the other brands of stamps out there, but not too too many, as I just cannot make up my mind as lately there are just so many that I like. I do like playing with gadgets - have the Sizzix and also use the cuttlebugs with that, have ordered nestabilities (still waiting on them) the monogrammers, scor-pal, punches, punches, punches...although, I am not too into the electronic stuff.

I live in Baraga, (probably the closest gal to where we will "get to gather") and have been married to Mark for almost 24 years. We have 4 daughters, Mary (30), Gretchen (23), Olivia (21) who are all grown and gone and Natalie (4), who was a bit of a latecomer, but the biggest blessing...keeps me very busy! We also have a 12 year old grandson, Anthony, 11 year old granddaughter Adriana, and 4 year old grandson, Elijah.

I really look forward to meeting you all in August! This will really be a good time!

Please stop by my blog and say "Hi!"
http://cheryl-outonawhim.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #222  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi there! Guess I will add a bit about myself as well. I've been married to my husband, Paul, for 29 years. We have two sons, Joshua, 26, a police officer that just moved back home last June; and Joel, 22, in his last year of forestry studies at Michigan Technological University. He is also living at home. We have a dachshund, Barkley, who is our dog-faced boy! At least he thinks so! We live in my husband's home town, South Range, in the home that his grandparents built when they came from Finland.
I work as a parapro at a small country K-8 school helping at-risk kids grades K-3. Most of the assistance is in reading. My husband is the superintendent/principal at the district, so he is my boss at work as well as home...hehe!
I've been stamping off and on for some years, more seriously in the past two.
My other hobby is participating in the local theatre players group. Last year I performed as a chorus nun in the Sound of Music, and this year I just found out that I made it into the chorus of Annie Get Your Gun.
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone-- I'm certain that we will have some great stamping/social times together!
Well, off to start my swaps...yes, I have not yet begun! (Work better under pressure...)

Last edited by DeborahLynneS; 07-12-2008 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #223  
Stazon Splitcoast

Would it be ok if I scored the shoe box swap cards bases?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #224  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Would it be ok if I scored the shoe box swap cards bases?

That would be great Jaclyn! I LOVE the picture of your children! How adorable! Are they dressed with leis for a special occasion?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #225  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's so nice getting to know something about you gals. I'm really getting excited about this event.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #226  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeborahLynneSView Post
That would be great Jaclyn! I LOVE the picture of your children! How adorable! Are they dressed with leis for a special occasion?
Thanks!

We were supposed to be in the BridgeFest parade for our church and didn't end up doing it for several reasons. So because I thought they looked SO ADORABLE in the leis, we took them down to Agate Beach for a photo shoot and took some with the leis and without.

I just wish it would warm up so we could go down there again :(... We've only been there twice this whole summer.

Maybe we could meet for coffee one day soon?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #227  
Glitter Queen

Hi there... I guess I could share a little about myself as well. I've been stamping for a few years now. Maybe 4 or 5. I work full time (as an ITS Administrator), however, so I can't devote as much time to it as I would like. And no, I don't have any of my cards ready for either of the swaps. But I do have them picked out! Probably. I did tell my husband that I will be locking myself in my craft room this weekend, however.

I have two children, both engineers and out on their own. My daughter is married to another engineer and has FINALLY given me a grandson. (It only took 5 years of 'suggestions'... well, two actually. She somehow got me to agree to a three year 'no nagging' rule when they got married. I must have been pretty distracted.) My son has offered to provide me with '5 or 6' grandchildren, but I told him I'd prefer to wait until he gets married. (Although if he waits much longer...) My husband is happily retired and has agreed to accept the reasoning that I buy all these stamping supplies in order to save money on cards!

And, on that note, I am looking forward to meeting everyone in Baraga; to meet other stampers, to share ideas and even to be totally intimidated by the creativity of everyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #228  
Stazon Splitcoast

No need to be intimidated by others creativity, Susan. We are all in the same boat.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #229  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have ALL of my swaps done! YAY! I am so proud of myself! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #230  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by yooperbratView Post
Hi Ladies!

I'm getting so excited for our event!! I finally got my room reserved, I will stay up there Friday night and then drive home Sat. evening I think.

I'm a little nervous about the swaps. I hope no one will be disspointed in mine. I've looked through some of your galleries and not sure I'm on the same "level"! But I know it's going to be a lot of fun.

I was thinking that it might be fun to exchange a little information about each other before we meet. Might be fun and give us something to keep the time from dragging until Aug. 1st gets here! What do you think?

Well I'll tell you all a little bit about me.

I've been stamping for about 11-12 years. Started right out with SU! My sister from Lower Michigan got me started by giving me my first set. A friend of hers was a demo. I'll always remember that first set because I was in such a hurry to use it I didn't read the directions and didn't trim the rubber! So for a long time I just thought I was a bad stamper because I was getting ink marks all over!

Back then, I had no clue that anyone else in the U.P. even knew of SU!. I ordered through my sister and went to a couple workshops with her when I was down there visiting. Then between 1999-2004 I didn't really do much of anything, and then in 2004 I started scrapbooking. I signed up with a couple yahoo groups for scrapbooking, and there was a SU demo in the group and I ordered a couple times from her and then decided to become a demo myself in 2005. Again, I was naive and thought there were no demos around here. Lo and behold I've discovered several demos in the U.P. now and wish I would have signed up with someone local. Oh well.

I haven't done any scrapbooking since I became a demo, because it's hard enough for me to find time to do the stamping projects I want to do. I work full time (usually 50 hours a week) and have other things going on all the time too. I don't have kids at home but I have stepkids that I try to spend at much time with as possible when they are with us. Sometimes I feel guilty or stressed that I don't use my stamps enough and I know I could probably "drum up" more customers if I applied more time to it, but I just generally feel stretched real thin with my time.

I have a stamping room in my basement, which is very convenient but not very comfy-cozy so my goal right now is to set up a place in our "den" that I can bring stuff up to work on, I know I will do more if I can be up in the main part of the house, so I'm excited to make that happen.

I pretty much only buy SU stamps because I need to have stuff to use in my workshops and can't afford to put alot of my household money toward my hobby, so I use my "earnings" from my sales to keep buying stamps and supplies out of the catalog. I have purchased a few Papertrey stamps though and do really like them. I know there are so many other great companies as well but unfortunately, at least at this point, I can't afford to "branch out". Ughhh.

I didn't intend to write a whole "novel" today, sorry, but there is one other thing I wanted to throw out there. I was wondering if it would be possible for some of you that have the newer "toys" and things to bring them along for some of us that don't have them to see in person. I'm thinking of things such as the Scor-Pal, the Copic markers, the Nestabilities, Just-Rite Monogrammers, etc. And I would totally understand if you wouldn't want others to use your valuable tools, but it would be great just to see them in person and see if we think we would like them. I have been wanting to order some things but am just afraid they won't be as user friendly as everyone says or that I wouldn't use them enough to make it worth the cost. So it would be great to see some of the things first hand. Just a thought.

Ok, so now that I've written a book for you all to read, and my lunch break is over, I'll end here and hope that others will post and start some "chatter" to lead up to the big day! I can't wait!! Have a great day everyone!

Amy from Escanaba
Hi Amy:

I can bring all of the above -- LOL!!! If you girls want to see them demo'd I surely can - -

Hey, JoAnn or Deb, I am leaving for CHA in the a.m. -- but if others are bringing some of the above, then I need not -- can you make a list of who offers to bring what, so then I don't bring stuff that is a repeat?

Actually, I haven't planned my demo yet, I can include some of the above in it.

Thanks!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #231  
Glitter Guru

Wow... I wish I could go. I'm only an hour away from Mackinac Bridge coming from the south. But I just got a PM from Sharon saying that the venue is about 5 hours away from the bridge, farther northwest. That means about 6 hours away from my location :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #232  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKICIOView Post
Wow... I wish I could go. I'm only an hour away from Mackinac Bridge coming from the south. But I just got a PM from Sharon saying that the venue is about 5 hours away from the bridge, farther northwest. That means about 6 hours away from my location :(
Hopefully, we will be able to do this again next summer. Sure would have been nice to have you join us.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #233  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi

I was just reading all the bios - its great to read about all of you, so I guess I'll add mine. My computer has been on the fritz, and the fact we've had lots of company, etc. time is getting away from me. I have almost all my shoe box swaps put together - I'm short some ribbon!! Hoping a friend will have some to lend me. My husband and I retired here about 8 years ago. We had fallen in love with the area a long time ago. We have two children (one in Illinois, and one in Wisconsin) and 6 wonderful grandchildren (whom I miss when I don't seem them every month or so). I was a full charge bookkeeper in my other life (which I really don't miss). I've been stamping about 2 years now. I really love it. I also like to quilt and garden, so I really don't have any trouble keeping busy. I'm really looking forward to this event. I would love to see a Score Pal in action. I've looked and looked at them, and debated about getting one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #234  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

It is so much fun to read all about everyone! Thanks for starting this up, Amy!
I HAVE to start my swaps...I'm home during the day...no excuse...doing the challenges as *warm ups*...why can't I get in gear? Argh....I have play practice every night. And here I sit...oh well...
off to get my design mind together!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #235  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Wow!

Hi ladies,

Wow! I kept an eye on this thread for a couple days after I wrote my "novel" and there were no responses, and then my computer crashed (again) at home, and haven't been here in so long, so I was very surprised to see so many responses when I finally got to log in today! Thanks everyone for playing along!

I'm glad to hear that some of you will be brining "toys" for us to get a peek at! Thanks so much!

Sharon, I'm so jealous that you are going to CHA!!! You better be prepared to tell us all about it at the get together! I'm so out of the loop with everything, heck I'm not even all the much "in the loop" with Stampin' Up and have NO time to keep up with everyone else!!

And whoever said they didn't start their swaps yet, I'm with you! Ughhhh I am SUCH a procrastinator. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and a workshop to give on Sunday so hopefully next week I'll get started, and then I'll be off work the week before the event, so for sure I'll get them done, probably at the last minute but that's usually how it goes for me!!

Can't wait to see you all!

Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #236  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I have ALL of my swaps done! YAY! I am so proud of myself! :mrgreen:
Good for you, girl! You inspire me to put the nose to the grindstone...hehe...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #237  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Opps........................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #238  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Ladies: I put a reminder on the first entry for you to remember to add you name on a sticky on the back of your regular swaps, and also in your shoebox kit on the instruction sheet so people know it was you that did all of that hard work! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #239  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Just a thought

Greetings all! At least rainy days in the UP mean that lots of stamping can be done. I am nearly finished with my swaps, just some instructions to type. I was also thinking (another side-effect of rainy Sundays) that we could put together a thread to communicate after our "event"...Maybe in the Fun and Games forum ( I'm thinking..Superior Stampers.) I know that I wouldn't be able to post daily but thought we could post when we could and keep in touch that way. For emergencies: I have no ketchup and the pasties are ready to come out of the oven ....or updates on crafts and stamping, Did you know the Hgtn. Walmart is stocking Martha Stewart crafts? (true, true). Give it some thought and let's see if that would be something people would be interested in. Getting ready for the stamping weekend. Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #240  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a great idea Helen.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes