Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchaseView Post
princessdi69 love your avitar!!!!!!!!!!!!tom, Tom Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet I know what your are doing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. You know it. my behind will be glued to that couch. that photo was taken two summers ago at the Patriots training camp. He was within arms length.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #82  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Updates

I got some more payments last night at my Club meeting--will update the "Guidlines" and Annie has signed up for Chips along with another Dessert. We are still at 10---don't plan to go overboard with food---if we get more, an I sure hope we do, they can "chip" in too.
The only SU! requirements are SIP---Stamps (must be current-NO Retired!) Ink & Paper. Also, 2 layers preferred----I'll set up a "project" entry soon. I would NOT start to prep just yet----let me secure the room and let's see if we can boost the number from 10-at least 15-20. I really think there will be room for 25--so tell your SU! Demo if you are not one, and your freinds that are already into SU! (they need to have at least some stampin stuff!!!) and have them sign up with me.
BTW---I TOO Love Ink-about it----I got a NICE Gift Cert. from my GS troop---$$$$$ to burn!!! Hope to get in there and check out their new digs Tuesday.
TTFN, Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #83  
Polyshrink Goddess

Arrow Projects

Ok---here is another place to check reguarly for the Gathering Event. I'll update this one as suggestions come in---I suggest you hold off on prepping for your project till the end of the month---I gave a deadline date of 2/10 and as of 1/20 we have 11 signed up---still lots of room!
---Please keep in mind that not everyone that attends may be as experiened as you are---Creative but not too complicated projects are requested----6-8 minutes per project @ 25 projects put us almost 4 hours for projects and then there's d/prizes, clean-up & visiting, etc. Due to the lack of power outlets in the room (not many) no heatguns or light tables. Also, since we are not going to Demo our own projects it is highly suggested to type up instructions and have them in your box with your sample.
---Your Shoebox Project will be for Cards Only. Standard Size---5 1/2 X 4 1/4. You'll need to prep for everything in your card--pre-cut the paper to the right size, ink spots or pads, ribbon, or whatever else your card will need.
---SU! projects only for-SIP---Stamps, Ink & Paper--and they need to be Current SU! projects--not retired. Anything beyond SIP can be from anywhere---ribbon, brads, cuttlebug (whatever that is!!!) buttons, etc., as long as it can fit into your SHOE box it's OK with me.
---Cards only---2 layers of paper including the card itself.
---Also, Don't try to out-do each other in your projects---let's go for creative but not overly complicated. I'm really tooo busy with other things in my life to browse through your galleries (and mine is just about empty) but maybe I can post some ideas for you to "case". I really need to work on my own gallery, not to mention my SU! Webpage!!!

More as it happens---please feel free to make suggestions when you e-mail me with your ideas.
Fun, Fun, Fun, Nola

Last edited by njburk; 01-19-2008 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: updating
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up We've got the Room!!!!

Hi Everyone---Just heard back from the Trustees--the room is OURS! So, put in RED on your calendar for February 16 (snow date--23rd) 10-4 (if necessary). Room for lots more to sign up. Got Annie's payment in the mail today with a cute card---perfect for the event.
I"ll try to scan some cards in that would be perfect to CASE in case you are stuck (now how could that be!).
Tell your stampin' friends---the Gathering of Stampers is ON.
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've edited my signature line to spread the word now that it's definite! My check should be in the mail tomorrow; At the last gathering we went to, I took photos of everyone with their card and uploaded them here; I can do that again if everyone is agreeable! It helps when you're at home afterwards trying to remember who designed which card!!! The pics last time are in my gallery if you'd like to see. It might also give you ideas for your card; that one was also All Occasion. It's only one month from tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #86  

woohoo. the date is written down and i have my idea already. now need to get someone to finalize her order...hmmm wonder who that could be...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #87  
Die Cut Diva

Hi!! got is marked down, cant't wait!!!!
Nola, my check is postal!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69View Post
woohoo. the date is written down and i have my idea already. now need to get someone to finalize her order...hmmm wonder who that could be...
Wha choo talkin bout Willis???? ME??? I already gave Tricia my order LOL!! Call me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #89  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathycView Post
Wha choo talkin bout Willis???? ME??? I already gave Tricia my order LOL!! Call me!
you need to tell me these things chickie!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

Glad everyone is so excited about the Gathering. I am too!
In Today's mail were checks from Diana (long live the princess!) and Karen Chase. Thanks to both of you. I need to runout and do some errands--so this is a quickie----will try to post them & some other stuff later.
I've got a GS Stampin' meeting tomorrow---still need to quite a bit of prepping for it---so it might actually be Friday---just too many good irons in the fire sometimes, Later gals, Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #91  
Embossing Fanatic

Anyone else joining us?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, we have another gal--Karin coming---I think she's from Townsend, MA so that brings us to 11. Hopefully now that some of us have added a line about the Gathering to our signatures here on S/coast we'll get some more before the end of the month. I think I set 2/10 as a deadline----so hold off on starting to prep till at least the end of the month--then you won't have to keeep changing how many you prep for!
I'll also update the "Guidelines" box as I have received payments & folks have signed for food, etc.
TTFN, Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

Pamela---Nice blog---just dont' have time for all the Stampin' things I want to do! Still need to update my SU! web page!!!! We had a coyote too--and the bobcat even made a quick appearance--ran off with a squirell in his choppers!
Maybe someday I'll have a Blog & my SU! website!!!
I'd have to have a heaping of Humor to my personality!!!
Hugs, Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #94  
Polyshrink Goddess

Final thought for right now---Since some of you have send along such NICE cards with your checks I'll try to bring in a display board of some type----to put them all on!
Should we also plan to have Card Fronts to SWAP? Like a real SU! event???? or is that too much work on top of prepping for your shoebox card?
I've ordered 4 sets of Doorprizes from SU!--will get more if we get more gals to sign up. Each D/prize comes to about $15 worth of goodies.
Later Aligator! Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

Hi Everyone - just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing the VSN (virtual stamp night) this weekend on SCS - I'd love to have you check out my cards and let me know what you think!

thanks!! gotta go - I'm stamping until midnight!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #96  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone---I just mapquested the address of the church from Littleton Road in Westord---it did work---but you have to be very specific about this church---it's West Chelmsford United Methodist Church---there is another Medothist church in Chelmsford--it's on Route 4--clear across town!
e-mail me for the exact street address---i'd post it here--but I dont' want any "drop in's." Everyone needs to pre-register to attend.
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #97  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've scrolled through the list of threads for this and have sent e-mails or private S/coast mail to all those NOT registered ---maybe we'll get some more-=--we do have at least one more---Elizabeth Littlehale of Melrose. I'll add her to the list above tomorrow. Another one of my downies, Deana is going to try to make it--so that will put us at 13.
I'll CLOSE the registratration on the 31st. We'll see how close we get to 25---I'm guessing we might hit 18--which would be just fine with me.
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #98  
Hardware Hotshot

Would love to come- I'm in Lowell, but I'm having a SU workshop that morning. Maybe I can come next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

We've got a few more----Donna Frueh, Deana Bossio, & Elizabeth Littlehale---I'll add them to the Guidelines above.
Also, Julia e-mailed me for directions----I did mapquest the church from Mid Route 110 in Westford--and it did take me to the correct Methodist church--so punch it in and double check it----I think I put it in one of the postings, if not---e-mail me and I can send you the directons. Oh yeah--I'm going to close the registrations end of this coming week so we can all get started. Till then---spread the word!!!
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 AM   #100  

Quote:

Originally Posted by njburkView Post
Ok I've heard from quite a few of you gals---GREAT to know I've got so much interest---here's whose e-mailed me so far---if you are not on the list--then I have not received an e-mail from you---that's the way to actually register for A Gathering of Stampers. Please kindly tell me how you plan to pay for your registration and if you are a SU! Demo or not and how long you have been stamping.
I still have not heard any thoughts on a Theme----cards only or ABC's---if Cards only---then maybe we should go with All Occasion--B/day, Get Well, Thinking of You, etc. THOUGHTS????

Here's where we stand:
1) Karen Chase
2) Christine Saulinier---PAID---Thank YOU!
3) Nola Burkhard---Paid!
4) Pamela Fredrickson---PAID---Thank YOU!
5) Julia Aston---PAID---Thank YOU!---Nice card!
6) Annie Marquis---PAID---thank YOU--another NICE card!-perfect for the Event!
7) Karen Powell---PAID--Thank YOU!
Diana McCartney---Paid---Thank YOU!
9) Kathy Camasso---Paid--Thank YOU!--NICE card!!!
10) Sandy Hillson---PAID--Thank YOU!
Got another one!
11) Karin Menard---Paid---Thank YOU!
12) Elizabeth Littlehale
13) Donna Frueh
14) Deana Bossio

As you can see I've also added who's paid, and below is who's signed up to bring food & other goodies.
You'll need to check back HERE at the "GUIDELINES" often but also at the end of the thread---hope not to overly confuse anyone---just want you to be as confused as I am---love my wacky humor???!!!

New Notes & Thoughts:
Directions-----Since everyone will be coming from different directions--you might what to Mapquest the address (not the name) 242 Main Street, North Chelmsford, MA
If you M/quest the name---West Chelmsford UMC it usually will direct you to a different UMC church--across town!!!
This is a typical NE church---not a ton of parking, small in size but very warm & cozy. It's easy to drive right by it and miss it as it's right on the street but not huge by any means. We'll likely have the whole place just about to ourselves but if not--and the lot is full---you can park either in front of the church (NOT in the turnaround!) or on JOY street---but that street is only parking ONE WAY---coming back OUT.
Basic Toolkit---Plan to bring your own basic T/kit: a scrubbing pad & spray, sizzors (scissors-but the other way fits my wacky sense of humor better!) snail or your choice of adhesive, bag to put your projects in, ruler, and anything else that YOU ALWAYS seem to need when you stamp! Envelopes---plan to bring your own if you want to decorate them for each project---I'm not asking anyone to include them in their shoebox stuff.
Lunch--I need everyone to plan to bring something towards lunch--12:30-1:15 p.m. Certainly more then one of you can plan to bring the same kind of thing, but let's go for some variety! Do keep in mind that though there is a kitchen it's a small stove & oven, 2 separate outets--one near the stove and one at the counter, the Micro is very unpredicitable. The fridge is good size and usually empty. There is also a sink.
Salads---Karen Chase, Kathy Camasso
Desserts---Diana, Karen Chase, Annie
Beverages---Nola---Coffee, Tea, H2O, Kathy Camasso---Sodas
Entrees---Karen Powell (Calzones), Pamela-Finger Sandwiches
Munchies & Chips--Annie (maybe 2 bags), Christine
Paper products---Julia
Tablecloths--Sandy & Christine
Table Decorations---Christine
Eating Utinsels--Nola

If you think of something that's NOT HERE---please e-mail me before adding it directly to here--I'll do the updating if that's OK with everyone.

Child Care--Please make arrangements so you can leave the kids at home or with friends for a Playdate---this is a Girls Day out event. You can turn your cells to vibrate but let's try keep our phone chatty to outside the event or out in the foyer of the building.

Hours of the Event---10-4---please plan to stay for the entire time or at least till everyone is done with your shoebox project. If you are a "speedy sister" then plan to bring an extra project to work on to keep you busy (or I'll have you in charge of cleanup!!!)

Projects---Please keep in mind that not everyone that attends may be as experiened as you are---Creative but not too complicated projects are requested----6-8 minutes per project @ 25 projects put us almost 4 hours for projects and then there's d/prizes, clean-up & visiting, etc. Due to the lack of outlets in the room (not many) no heatguns or light tables. Also, since we are not going to Demo our own projects it is highly suggested to type up instructions and have them in your box with your sample.

More as it happens---please feel free to make suggestions when you e-mail me with your registration!

I've also heard from Julia tha that she will have name tags for everyone--THANKS!

Thanks much, Nola
Well i was going to ask a dumb question about how many we need to prepare, but i read this and saw my question was answered. I'm getting my supplies today. woohoo..... Nola, I feel pretty special with a smiley face next to my name up above... just kidding all.... hehehhe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

You ARE special Diana! That's what I tell everyone anyway! LOL; I'm happy to see the number has grown; the more the merrier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #102  
Glitter Queen

Default Have fun in MA!!

Hello stampers!
I used to live in Westford and would hang around with Nola! I am bummed that I won't be able to join all the fun stamping with y'all. Have tons of fun!! Nola, email me some pictures!!!

-Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diana---I did not add the Smiley on purpose---did YOU?!!! If not---guess the Gods must think you are special too!!!
I think I should CLOSE registration as of Jan. 31---this coming Thursday---let everyone you can think of that would like to join us that is NOT registered---to do so before then.
Got another check & card today---Thank You Donna. And YES---Kathy Chase has paid--a long time ago---she's bringing Dessert. I need to update that part of the thread----Hope everyone has found the directions on Mapquest----the Church is located on Main Street in North Chelmsford---if you need the exact street numbers--e-mail me---I won't post them here.
Sorry, no "drop-in's. Everyone needs to pre-register & pay.
Thanks to all of YOU for making this Gathering happen.
Looking forward to it--and so sorry that my Upline, Janet has moved and can't join us.
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #104  
Polyshrink Goddess

Arrow Registration Ends Jan 31st

Just a letting everyon know---Registration Ends Jan 31st. We need to have time to start prepping for our shoeboxes---tell everyone you think would want to attend that has not registered yet--to do so this coming week--by sending me an e-mail. Friday will be tooo late!

Also, Elizabeth & Deana---how about each of you bringing a Salad of some type---we've got pletny of everything else. No alleriges or special diets that I know of.

TTFN, Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #105  
Crimping Master

I would like to attend this event but I am already going to an all day stamping event in Keene on that day.

I highly recommend the classes at Ink About It since they have great instructors. I am in their monthly stamp club and monthly scrap club for the last year. I love the expanded classroom area in the new store.

Tina R
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #106  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just a couple of updates---check rece'd from Elizabeth---Thank YOU---if you could bring some kind of Salad to share for lunch that would be great---please let me know.
Also---one of my downline gals is having sitter troubles and may need to drop but Lori (another one) has said she can come! So, if my count is right--we are at 14. Last day to register is Thursday, Jan 31----I need to hear from any of your friends by then or it's just too late.
Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #107  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up Card Samples

Ok, let's see if I know how to do this!!!
Uploading 2 scans of the CUTE cards I've received with payments.
Actually the Dragonfly H/b is not from a payment but a cute card SWAP I received. But the others are from Laugh: Annie, Iris Thank You: Donna, Sweet (retired set) Julia, Blue Scalloped: KathyC.
These are all great examples of cards we could create. Just remember to use Current Stamps, Ink & Paper from SU! Whatever else you choose to go with your Occasions card is up to you.
Other details are posted elsewhere in the thread.
Thanks everyone, this will be a great time!
Nola
Attached Thumbnails
Northwest of Boston & South of Manchester NH???-gathering1.jpg   Northwest of Boston & South of Manchester NH???-gatherring2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #108  
Mad Swapper

Nola, should I bring a salad if Deana's not coming, or regardless? (Will probably have to bring some other stuff for myself since I am still on a soft diet, yuck.)

I will try to drop a check off tomorrow since I think I'll be in that neighborhood! I meant to mail it today and just forgot. Sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #109  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Lori----never would have known it was you by that code name!!! Glad for the photo=----thanks for dropping off your check----Salad is just fine--why the soft diet---hope that includes SOFT SERVE I/Cream!!!!!
Nice to meet your cute kids! Nola
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #110  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Northwest of Boston and south of Manchester

Hi I was wondering if there is any updated list of what everyone is bringing so I don't duplicate. Also if you have a total yet or a theme?
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Donna & Everyone else too

Hi Gals--OK final number of Players coming is 16. As far as food--I'll try to update the list later today---Donna I have you down for fingersandwiches---this is still fine. I have not ask for exactly what you guys are brining for our lunch--and don't feel I need to---just don't go overboard!
As far as a theme----none---just All Occasions Cards---It might be a good idea if you tell me what Occasion you plan on highlighting with your card--I"ve listed the ones I can think of below---feel free to add yours if I forgot to put it down----I also think it's fine if we have a couple from the same Occasion---but let's not have more then 3, i.e., if you see that we already have 3 H/Birthday---then pick something else.
Occasions---
Happy Birthday--Karin, Lori
Kid's Birthday--Katyy C.
Male Birthday--Diana
Get Well Soon
Sympathy--KJPP (Karen Powell?)
Congratulations
Best Wishes (Married)
Thinking of You--Karen Chase
Thank You--Julia
New Baby--Nola

I've gotta run---I've been updating the Guidelines, Registration & Project info as I've gotten payments & suggestions---so check there for other updates.
Will post the new registrants & what they are bringing for lunch later today or tommorrow.
Thanks everyone----looking forward to it soon----just over 2 weeks away!!!
Nola

Last edited by njburk; 02-09-2008 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: updating 2/9
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

I will do a "Thinking of you" card.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #113  
Mad Swapper

I'll be doing a birthday card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #114  
Mad Swapper

I'll do a Sympathy...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #115  

i will do a Male Birthday card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon! I just wanted to clarify a little for the menu; I had said that I would bring Pasta salad; I thought there was someone else listed for 'salad' too but it looks like I'm alone there now! I wanted to make sure it wasn't assumed that I was bringing a garden salad!

I haven't decided on my card yet so I'll be watching the list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #117  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

I'll do a thank you card if that's ok?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #118  
Polyshrink Goddess

If everything arrives in time, I'll be doing a Bday card as well. Hope we don't already have too many of those??!!??

If the stuff doesn't come in, then I'll be doing a "choose your own occassion" as the card would be good for almost anything
-:�:- ((��.��*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Salads---

I'm sorry---Im just a bit busy right now---but we do have more then one person bringing salads---I would say there are 3. I hve not had time to update the thread----but I've ask Karin Menard & Elizabeth Littlehale to also bring salads----I have not hear back from them---if they read this---I do hope they'll confirm.
I do hope to really do some updating SOON----but it likely wont' be till Friday afternoon. Iv'e GOT TO finish working on my S/Club projects first!!!
Please continue to sign up for the type of Occasion card you are going to showcase in your shoebox---I will update that part of the thread as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks, Nola
Hey---At least I did scan & post the adorable cards I"ve received with payments!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #120  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a juvenile birthday card. Are we supposed to post them before the swap or is it a surprise?
Reply With Quote Likes