Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #121  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might know someone, let me get back to you.
j
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLuver
Unfortunatly Kristransue had to back out of the swap (boo hoo) and we don't have anyone on the waiting list right now. Does anyone know of someone that might want to come?? Just let them know and have them post here.

Thanks!!
Oh no! She and Joan were the hostesses of the one us Williamsburg'ers came to last year... I was looking forward to seeing her again... I was gonna bring her some Circus Peanuts!!! (She'll know what I'm talking about if she comes back to this thread!)
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a friend that is trying to contact you now. Kim. i;ll have her send you an email. thanks, Nan
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=16494

Polyshrink Goddess

Hey,
my friend wants to do this - her name is Shelli, she is at work and can't contact you but she's in. Let me know.
j
Crimping Master

OK, we're full again and have one on the waiting list. I checked the timing of e-mails, posts and PM's and Cutiepatutie got me first so she's taking Kristransue's spot. I e-mailed Kim back and explained the situation to her. She's first on the wait list, but I'm figuring that odd are at least one more person will need to back out for some reason....just a guess, but I'm sticking to it.

Thanks Ladies!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Cutiepatutie got me first so she's taking Kristransue's spot.
I mean her friend is taking the spot....Cutiepatutie is already on the list. Sorry!!
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Hi. I'm Shelli cutiepatuties friend. I'm excited about the swap. I'll send in the forms and payment tomorrow. Thanks
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2ellie
Hi. I'm Shelli cutiepatuties friend. I'm excited about the swap. I'll send in the forms and payment tomorrow. Thanks
Great. We look forward to meeting you!! I'll let you know when I receive your form and payment.

Thanks!
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

OK, we're full again and have one on the waiting list. I checked the timing of e-mails, posts and PM's and Cutiepatutie got me first so she's taking Kristransue's spot. I e-mailed Kim back and explained the situation to her. She's first on the wait list, but I'm figuring that odd are at least one more person will need to back out for some reason....just a guess, but I'm sticking to it.

Thanks Ladies!
Cardluver please give my slot to someone else. We just did not get off on the right foot. I�m not sure why you see me as such a threat. You�ve shared no contact with me concerning today�s decision. No details about it other than this post and for some reason you felt the need to add the words, "I�m sticking to it"?
I was so very excited about this swap. Believe it or not it was that excitement and my good intentions that somehow backfired with my posts. I�ve felt portrayed as a pest and at this point I would not be comfortable attending. Cutiepatutie and Shelli please believe that I have absolutely no hard feeling towards you.
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=16494

Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bergstamper
Cardluver please give my slot to someone else. We just did not get off on the right foot. I�m not sure why you see me as such a threat. You�ve shared no contact with me concerning today�s decision. No details about it other than this post and for some reason you felt the need to add the words, "I�m sticking to it"?
I was so very excited about this swap. Believe it or not it was that excitement and my good intentions that somehow backfired with my posts. I�ve felt portrayed as a pest and at this point I would not be comfortable attending. Cutiepatutie and Shelli please believe that I have absolutely no hard feeling towards you.

Bergstamper, I�m sorry you have felt this way and that you�ve decided to give up your spot. It seems that you are on the defensive and now I feel like I have to defend myself as well. I�ll respond to your points in the order that you mention them.
I don�t see you as a threat and I don�t know why you feel that I see you as a threat. I was under the impression that any misunderstandings between us were all cleared up. E-mails and postings are not the best way to read emotion or intention, so I must have misunderstood something or vice versa.
I didn�t realize I needed to contact you personally regarding the placement of your friend on the list, especially since you said she was going to e-mail me; and she did. When I got back on line yesterday afternoon I responded to the e-mails that I personally received, in the order that I received them (one was your friends e-mail). I checked the timestamps on the thread posts, the personal e-mails that I received and the PMs that I received. I looked at who responded first and put them in the slot. The second person was put on the wait-list.
As for me typing �I�m sticking to it� I�m sorry if you took that any other way than it was intended � which was to say that my guess is that someone will back out since there are still 5 people that haven�t paid. That was my guess and I was going to stick to it as a �guess�. I realize you don�t know me, but that is a line from a song (That�s my story and I�m st-st-stickin to it) that I use quite often. To everyone else that took this any other way than it was intended, I meant no harm and you have my sincere apologies if you were insulted by it.
I understand that you were excited about the swap. I could tell in your fantastic creation, using lots of techniques, which I�m sure that lots of people were looking forward to making at the swap; myself included.
I�m sorry you feel that you were portrayed as a pest, but since I�m in the same boat as you right now, I can understand your feelings of not wanting to attend. I have given this a lot of thought over the past few hours and my personal decision is that while I might be having a moment of wanting to defend my reputation I am still going to press forward and host the swap as planned. If I�ve offended someone else and they want to back out as well, I�m sorry.
I hope that this exchange does not dampen the spirits of the people that are planning on attending. I am really looking forward to meeting fellow SCSers and other stampers and swapping card ideas with people, and I will still press ahead with the swap as long as people are signed up to go.
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bergstamper
[SIZE=2]Cardluver please give my slot to someone else.
bergstamper, I forgot to mention that I'll drop your registration fee back to you in the mail asap.
Gabfest Goddess

I've been following this thread and feel a need to say a couple things...
It appears here that cutiepatutie *was* the first to post an interest in the open spot (post #121). I didn't read anything into the phrase "I'm sticking to it". Using it in the context of the song “That’s my story and I’m sticking too it” is totally understandable here. It also sounds to me that by saying some more ladies might be dropping out because payment hadn’t been received meant that most likely the next one on the waiting list would get in… It is hard to "hear" how things are said when they're posted and not actually spoken... It might be a good idea if we clarify our thoughts in private (PMs) before we post negativity out here in the open. Organizing a swap is a tremendous undertaking and I think cardluver is doing a mighty fine job. I can’t wait to go! I don’t think she should feel the need to defend herself and hope no one drops out just because of this incident. Share the love, people!
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherristampsalot
I've been following this thread and feel a need to say a couple things...
It appears here that cutiepatutie *was* the first to post an interest in the open spot (post #121). I didn't read anything into the phrase "I'm sticking to it". Using it in the context of the song �That�s my story and I�m sticking too it� is totally understandable here. It also sounds to me that by saying some more ladies might be dropping out because payment hadn�t been received meant that most likely the next one on the waiting list would get in� It is hard to "hear" how things are said when they're posted and not actually spoken... It might be a good idea if we clarify our thoughts in private (PMs) before we post negativity out here in the open. Organizing a swap is a tremendous undertaking and I think cardluver is doing a mighty fine job. I can�t wait to go! I don�t think she should feel the need to defend herself and hope no one drops out just because of this incident. Share the love, people!

You just said *everything* that I was thinking. I really wanted to post, but didn't know how to put my thoughts into words. I agree that Rose-Ellen and Anna have done a wonderful job and Rose-Ellen doesn't need to feel defensive or upset. I think that there were just misunderstandings all around. I think that we all can agree that it is hard to interpret someone's words over the internet - you totally don't hear voicetones or see body language, etc which is critical to understanding intent and meanings behind words. Anyway, I hope that we can all just have a great time on swap day. I am really excited about this and hope everyone else is too. I can't wait to finally have a day surrounded by other stamp obsessed women so I can finally feel understood! :-D Thank you again, Rose-Ellen and Anna for hosting this swap, I really appreciate all your hard work and the forethought that it takes!
Crimping Master

Ladies, Thanks for trying to help sort this out. Reading emotion into e-mail can be hard and can also often be misunderstood from both sides. I appreciate your efforts.

I'm really looking forward to meeting a bunch of new stamping friends on the 12th. Keep your eyes open for informative posts as we get closer to the event.

Happy Stamping!
Cardstock Collector

Please remove me from the list for the swap. Something has come up with another organization I am involved with, and so I won't be able to make it. Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you have a great time.
Stampin' Fool

I'm sorry for all the misunderstandings, too. It's really hard to interpret emotion and context in writing. I was excited about Bergstamper's card, but know there will be other great swaps there! I'm so looking forward to this -it will be a great way to end my vacation and I can't wait to meet you all!

Donna
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgvt98
Please remove me from the list for the swap. Something has come up with another organization I am involved with, and so I won't be able to make it. Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you have a great time.
I'm sorry you have to back out. I'll send your registration fee back to you asap.
Pearl-ExPert

I'd love to join you ladies! Sending PM too. Let me know!

julia in stafford
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia_s
I'd love to join you ladies! Sending PM too. Let me know!

julia in stafford

Hi Julia, Welcome to the thread!! I've responded to your PM and I've also put you in an open slot. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Really can't wait to meet you at the swap!!
Crimping Master

Kim, I got your e-mail and I've put you on the list. Once I receive your registration form and payment in the mail, I'll change your status from 'tentative' to 'paid'.

Can't wait to meet you on the 12th.
Pearl-ExPert

I'm getting excited!!
Just one note, Rose-Ellen-- my SCS name is all lower case:
julia_s

There is also a VERY talented Julia_S here on SCS. I get a lot of emails for her whenever she posts something really cool in the gallery, and have to admit, "No, that's not me, I wish sometimes it were!"

thanks! registration in the mail today!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia_s
Just one note, Rose-Ellen-- my SCS name is all lower case:
julia_s
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it on the swap list. I'm surprised that the system (or the powers that be) would allow two such similiar names. I wish there were a talented CARDLUVER out there that I could be confused with. As it is, I can't seem to load any pictures in.

Can't wait till the12th.
Crimping Master

mommy2ellie, I got your registration form and payment so I've marked you as 'paid' on the list.

Thanks,
Rose-Ellen
Crimping Master

Good Morning Everyone, Its a beautiful day in my neighborhood, with the sun shining and a promise of wonderful tempretures today. Plus, I get to meet with my stamp club this afternoon so this all makes for a VERY good day!

I wanted to catch you up on where we are with our registration numbers in case its helpful to you.

Right now we have:
25 spots accounted for
18 registration forms/payment received
7 not yet received although
2 said they were in the mail to me
5 that I will send a reminder to today
6 days until registration deadline
2 door prizes collected already (**more info below**)
10 confirmed for the 3D swap
0 ideas for my card (yet)
20 days until we all get to stamp together!! WAHOO!!

I hope you are enjoying this fantastic spring weather also!!

Rose-Ellen

P.S. We ARE going to do door prizes. I already have 2 door prized and have the promise of one more. If you want to donate a door prize, just let me know, and bring it with you on swap day. It can be hand-made, store-bought or anywhere in-between. Don't forget you can also bring your unwanted stamps (are stamps ever UNWANTED??) for a little 'stamping garage sale' if you want to.
Mad Swapper

Rose-Ellen

I will bring a door prize as well. I can't believe that it is only 20 days away, when I signed up I remember thinking it was never going to get here. LOL
Can't wait to see everyone.

Mad Swapper

PS: It is a beautiful day here too......:cool:

Crimping Master

Cris, Thanks for the door prize!!

I can't believe its only 20 days until swap-day either. I'd better get cracking on my card and 3D swap.
Mad Swapper

Is anyone going to the 3rd Annual VA Scrapbooking and Craft Yard Sale next weekend at the Prince William Fairgrounds? I've never been before, but it is on my birthday, so I decided to treat myself. Has anyone else ever been to it? If so, what can I expect?

Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmcdm1996
Is anyone going to the 3rd Annual VA Scrapbooking and Craft Yard Sale next weekend at the Prince William Fairgrounds? I've never been before, but it is on my birthday, so I decided to treat myself. Has anyone else ever been to it? If so, what can I expect?

I just looked on the PW Parks website and didn't see anything about it. Do you have more info? I've not been, but it sounds like fun! I have a workshop in the afternoon, but if I can get my act together, I could go out there for a little while.

Rose-Ellen, I can donate a door prize, also.

See you all in 20 days!

Donna
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Ohh, this sounds fun. What time do they start? Is there a fee to enter??
Crimping Master

Quote:

Oh Darn it, I'm going away next weekend and won't be able to attend. and I would have loved to have gone. Bummer!! Let me know how it turns out!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by teastamper
Rose-Ellen, I can donate a door prize, also.
Fantastic. Thanks Terri !!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutiepatutie
Ohh, this sounds fun. What time do they start? Is there a fee to enter??
I just googled "3rd Annual VA Scrapbooking and Craft Yard Sale" and found the info. It looks like it is going to be so much fun. I really wish it was a different weekend so I could go.

Anyway, it looks like its from 9:30a to 4p and it looks like the fee is $3 ahead of time or $5 at the door (kids under 10 are free).

Hope that helps.
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks!! I might just head out there!
j
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutiepatutie
Thanks!! I might just head out there!
j
Me, too!

Donna
Gabfest Goddess

I'll bring a door prize!!
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Shoebox Swappers...
I just found out that Karen (imastampin)'s mom passed away yesterday... Karen lives in NoVA but she's out in AZ right now... If you are able to send her a card please PM me for the address... And please keep her in your thoughts & prayers... THANKS!
Mad Swapper

The info for the 3rd Annual VA Scrapbooking and Craft Yard Sale can be found at:
www.getcroppin.com

Anyone else tired of all this pollen in the air. I am so stuffed up, and coughing so bad. I can't wait for the rain this afternoon to see if that knocks some of it out of the air. Not that I really want it to rain, but anything is better than this suffering.

Crimping Master

Quote:

Anyone else tired of all this pollen in the air.
No allergies here thank goodness. But being this far along in my pregnancy, with the heat isn't so fun.
Crimping Master

julia_s ,

I got your registration form and payment in the mail so I've marked you as paid. Thank you for that beautiful card by the way. It really was such a nice treat to open that up.