Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NorthEast Ohio Shoebox Swap Nov 7 2010

We are happy to be hosting a Shoebox Swap on Sunday, November 7 th!

Time: 10:00 a.m. until whenever you are ready to leave
Location: Geauga County Fair Grounds; Lounge Building Burton Oh 44021
Food: Potluck - please bring a dish to pass
...Cost: $10 per person (payment can be made via paypal)
RSVP: By Oct 24th so that we will have an accurate headcount
30 person max due to space issues.

If you would like to attend, please comment below. If you know others that would also like to attend please let us know so that we can get an invite to them (this includes non scs members that want to join in the fun)!!

Here is the facebook invite for outside parties: Welcome to Facebook

If you know now what you would like to bring for the potluck, please add that as well.

This is open to non-demos and/or non-brand specific stamp sets. However, I would like to reiterate the information below and state that good quality products and work is appreciated by everyone attending. It would be easy enough to make any layout available and not stamp it with the image provided and sub in your own image when you get home, if you'd prefer to keep with a particular stamping company sets.

What is a Shoebox Swap?
-Design a full card.
-Project must take only 10-15 minutes to complete.
-Put together a list of instructions to make it.
-Precut enough supplies to make your item for each person and place materials in a baggie. (If there are 20 people make 20 baggies of supplies). Include the directions in each baggie, just in case there isn’t enough time for a person to make your item at the actual swap meet. Baggies should include pre-cut cardstock and embellishments.
-Place the rest of your items (stamps, ink, punches, markers, WWC, pencils, etc.) and the baggies into a shoe box. All individual items in your shoebox should be labeled with your name.
-When the shoebox swap starts, each person/group will take a project from a centralized location in the room and go back to their spot to complete the project. This way you do not have to move your stuff around the room. When you are done completing the project take it back to the table for someone else to complete. You can go at your own pace that way.
-Please bring your own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. If your card requires special adhesive such as glue dots, please include that in your shoebox.
-So that we do not get confused as to what projects you have completed and which you have not I will be creating a master list that will assign each person a number (based on when you sign up) this list will include your number, name, scs screen name (if applicable), email address and project name. This will serve as a way for you to contact your new friends and a checklist for the projects.

3-D swap:
If you would like to participate in a 3-d item swap (same theme) please state when you sign up. For this swap if 10 people sign up then you are to make 10 items. One for yourself and 9 others to swaps amongst the other participates. This is not required.

What to bring?
-Everyone will bring their own basic tool kit of supplies but any other tools specific to the project should be supplied by the card designer. Your basic tool kit should contain scissors, bone folder, your preferred adhesive, cutting knife, piecing tool, mat & ruler.
**Please label your items so they do not get taken by mistake**
-**If bringing another tool will speed your project assembly along, you may request we add it to the tool kit list so others can bring their own.**
-Bring enough supplies for each participant plus two extra sets to be used for parts when people mess up.
-You may also want to bring your camera. Just in case you don’t have enough time to make all of the projects, you can snap a picture of the sample so you may complete it at home. You’ll also want to take pictures of all of your new friends.
-Your 3-D items if you are participating.
-Your garage sale items that you are looking to find a new home for.
-Your own preferred beverage.
-Your potluck dish to pass.

Swap Theme:
The theme is Winter/Holiday/Christmas. The finished cards should have at least 2 layers and 1 embellishment. Please use quality supplies. No vendor requirements. Please bring your A game to the table – this will provide each of us with some quality cards to send out for the holidays!

Raffle:
We will be putting together a gift pack(s) to raffle. Each person brings an item with a retail value of $7 to $10. At one point of the day we will draw a name for the winner of the gift basket. The item(s) the winner donated along with a few other things will be raffled off as a second prize. Participation is optional but you cannot win unless you contribute. Items donated need to be new. Let’s make it an awesome gift basket by purchasing items you would want for yourself!

Other Important Information:
-This is for adults only, so please register only if you’re 18 or older. Please make other arrangements for children.
-Feel free to bring your ‘Garage Sale" items for trade (or sale, if it is a retired item) with other attendees.
-Make sure to bring enough for each person to make your item. We will provide a final count aprox two weeks prior to the even.
-Bring everything needed for the card; stamps, ink, embellishments, hole punches, cutting tools, scrub & mist etc. Lable everything with your name!

Last edited by BettyBoop032004; 09-15-2010 at 09:02 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Attending............................................Potluck item............3D swap
Leona / bettyboop032004........................BLT dip and bread
Kristen / Kjack89048
Sarah
Stephanie

Last edited by BettyBoop032004; 09-16-2010 at 06:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Sarah will be there too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

btt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Whose interested?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

btt
Reply With Quote Likes