Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tissa27703View Post
Hello! I'm in Durham and would love to get together with some folks in the Raleigh, Chapel Hill/Hillsborough, Durham, even Henderson areas. (I have family in Henderson). Nice to find this thread. I think I just stumbled upon it. I have more fun when I get to stamp with others.
There are several ladies who live in the Durham, Hillsborough, Apex, etc areas on SCS. They are mprasad in Hillsborough, urscrappymama, wildbasket, sharethosestamps, artsilori and a couple of others in the Raleigh, Durham, Apex areas. lilcraftymama & I live in the Burlington/Reidsville areas.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you ladies see about the Crop scheduled for Sept 10? It is on fb. While it's 2 hrs for me to drive - I might consider it. The fee is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch & snacks PLUS a bunch of goodies - suweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #43  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
Did you ladies see about the Crop scheduled for Sept 10? It is on fb. While it's 2 hrs for me to drive - I might consider it. The fee is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch & snacks PLUS a bunch of goodies - suweet!
I didn't see it. Although I can't go, I would like to see info...just in case!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

please give us the details! Is that the one in fayetteville?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I just moved from Raeford the middle of June.. we were there for three years. I never met any stampers in that area.. but did meet and get together in Sanford with some from there and Fayetteville.. wish I had known you were there, I would've love to have gotten together and stamped.

~ Pam
Pam where are you now?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyDRView Post
please give us the details! Is that the one in fayetteville?
Yes, that's the one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
I didn't see it. Although I can't go, I would like to see info...just in case!
I will share more when my fb decides to work better. I remember that it is in Fayetteville on Sept 10. $25 fee with $5 off for each friend you bring and an extra goodie if paid before August 15. Sorry I can't tell you more, but will try again tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyDRView Post
Pam where are you now?
Hi Molly... we are at Ft. Bliss, TX for the next nine months for the Sergeants Majors Academy.

Be safe with that storm moving in.. we went through Fran and Bertha many years ago... Fran was a doozy.

blessings ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Molly... we are at Ft. Bliss, TX for the next nine months for the Sergeants Majors Academy.

Be safe with that storm moving in.. we went through Fran and Bertha many years ago... Fran was a doozy.

blessings ~ Pam
Pam,

I could use a HUGE favor from you, if you're up for a small challenge. I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range NM and detached to Holloman AFB in NM in 1976-78. My oldest daughter was born at Holloman but had to be put into the PICU there at Ft Bliss. Now here comes the HUGE favor. No, I don't want you to drive the 94 miles from El Paso to Alamogordo but I would LOVE to have a pic of the front gate where the Ft Bliss sign is. Would you consider doing that for me? I'd owe you one for sure. It is for a scrapbook I'm putting together for her. And if you dh knows anyone at Holloman a pic of that gate would be the icing on the cake. Then I'd owe you BIG!

Thanks for considering the mission.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Ladies, I was going to butt in and say hello yesterday, but today I will drop in a line for an entirely different reason.

I just saw some news here (I'm in Australia) about Hurricane Irene. I hope and pray that all you girls stay safe. My area suffered greatly through sever weather and flooding earlier this year so I'm feeling a little bit nervous for you all. Stay safe.

And the reason I wanted to butt in before, I'm planning a trip to your country and NC is on the top of my list. I was after some local knowledge and some suggestions about visiting and staying in NC. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Hi Ladies, I was going to butt in and say hello yesterday, but today I will drop in a line for an entirely different reason.

I just saw some news here (I'm in Australia) about Hurricane Irene. I hope and pray that all you girls stay safe. My area suffered greatly through sever weather and flooding earlier this year so I'm feeling a little bit nervous for you all. Stay safe.

And the reason I wanted to butt in before, I'm planning a trip to your country and NC is on the top of my list. I was after some local knowledge and some suggestions about visiting and staying in NC. Any ideas?
Theresa,

We faired fairly well in the piedmont area of NC. I'm not totally sure about the coast area or the I-95 area. I know there is a lot of power outage Raleigh and towards the coast.

When are you planning to come to our lovely state? That does kinda make a difference in the ideas of where to visit and stay. And what kinds of things do you enjoy doing? I have some ideas of some great places to visit but the time of year will pay a part in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #52  

Quote:

Theresa,

We faired fairly well in the piedmont area of NC. I'm not totally sure about the coast area or the I-95 area. I know there is a lot of power outage Raleigh and towards the coast.

When are you planning to come to our lovely state? That does kinda make a difference in the ideas of where to visit and stay. And what kinds of things do you enjoy doing? I have some ideas of some great places to visit but the time of year will pay a part in it.
Good to hear that you're alright. (I did a little reading about your state and I happy to say that I 'know' what piedmont means LOL) I hope that power outages will be the worst of it.

My original plan was to come during August (2012). I was interested in attending some art/craft fairs (Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh), I'd love to do an Inspiration Wednesday with Donna Downey in Hunterville, hiking in the Smokies, hanging out in the back blocks in the farming districts, I want to buy a pair of cowgirl boots (LOL), and maybe even attend a stamping event/get-together (I want to meet and eat with the locals) and much more besides. Lots of things!

I'll be traveliing solo, and I think I'll hire a car for some of the time since I'll be covering a lot of ground. The duration of my stay will be from 14-21 days.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Feel free to PM me at anytime if you don't want to post here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #53  

I've just been looking at some news reports for NC. I see the coastal areas really took a beating and unfortunately there were some deaths too. Take care all, I'll be thinking of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #54  
Crimping Master

We have no power at either of our houses in North Carolina, and just downed trees. One that almost took our newly remodeled front porch down, but another tree limb got in the way and the tree is suspended just above the roof of the front porch. All I have our pictures as we are in Boston.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2011, 03:41 AM   #55  

Lucky escape with house and tree. I'm assuming Boston is a safe place to retreat to. Don't take any unnecessary risks. I was away from my home for nearly a week earlier this year due to flooding. I eventully took a brief trip back just to look at my house (one hour only) to see everything was okay then I retreated back to my safe place. I was lucky my house was undamaged. In times of disaster friends, neigbours and strangers will step in to help out. All the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Donna... I forgot to subscribe to the thread and just now happened back this way and seen your post. There are so many gates, is there a particular one you want a picture of? I know that coming over the bridge to the Cassidy gate is a big thing that says "Team Bliss" on it with the shape of Texas.. not sure what is at the fronts of the other gates. We live over on Biggs Airfield and we can head over a bridge to Bliss, so I mainly only go in/out of the Cassidy gate because a Sonic is over there.. ha ha.. and this week I found out that I can hit the highways to get to it and avoid driving through post all together. Just let me know.. send me a PM that way I'll for sure get it and it will come straight to my cell phone.

happy to help ~ Pam

Quote:

Pam,

I could use a HUGE favor from you, if you're up for a small challenge. I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range NM and detached to Holloman AFB in NM in 1976-78. My oldest daughter was born at Holloman but had to be put into the PICU there at Ft Bliss. Now here comes the HUGE favor. No, I don't want you to drive the 94 miles from El Paso to Alamogordo but I would LOVE to have a pic of the front gate where the Ft Bliss sign is. Would you consider doing that for me? I'd owe you one for sure. It is for a scrapbook I'm putting together for her. And if you dh knows anyone at Holloman a pic of that gate would be the icing on the cake. Then I'd owe you BIG!

Thanks for considering the mission.

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Pam,

I sent you a pm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Thanks Pam,

I sent you a pm.
I emailed all the pictures to you earlier tonight.. I hope you got them and that they are ones you can use. I took ones of all the signs that were at that gate.. I think that must've been the original gate because it has some old signage there.

blessings ~ Pam

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I emailed all the pictures to you earlier tonight.. I hope you got them and that they are ones you can use. I took ones of all the signs that were at that gate.. I think that must've been the original gate because it has some old signage there.

blessings ~ Pam
Pam you are absolutely the greatest!!! Thanks so much for the great pics. I just checked my e-mails and they are all there and just great. Thank you so much as I'm wiping tears from my eyes at your kindness. I am actually planning to go to a crop on the 10th and was planning to work on her book. They are just in the best time. My gratitude is more than words can express.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Good to hear that you're alright. (I did a little reading about your state and I happy to say that I 'know' what piedmont means LOL) I hope that power outages will be the worst of it.

My original plan was to come during August (2012). I was interested in attending some art/craft fairs (Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh), I'd love to do an Inspiration Wednesday with Donna Downey in Hunterville, hiking in the Smokies, hanging out in the back blocks in the farming districts, I want to buy a pair of cowgirl boots (LOL), and maybe even attend a stamping event/get-together (I want to meet and eat with the locals) and much more besides. Lots of things!

I'll be traveliing solo, and I think I'll hire a car for some of the time since I'll be covering a lot of ground. The duration of my stay will be from 14-21 days.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Feel free to PM me at anytime if you don't want to post here.

Theresa,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It sounds like you've got a lot planned already. Since you still have nearly a year to plan the rest maybe we can find some of the other fun things you'd like to do like the craft/art fair and cowgirl boots in the areas you'll be going. I'll keep in touch with things as I'm aware of them and maybe some of the other ladies will do the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Andi,

Sorry you've had some damage but happy that it was no more than it has been. We had no damage at our hosue but there was some power outages in our county. We really wish we would have gotten more of the rains form the storms. We are now in the -6+" drought.

Take care of yourselves and the trees at your new house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

I was happy to do it for you.. I love taking photos so you asking me was asking me to do something I love... and hearing how happy you are to receive them makes me happy too. Have fun at the crop.

blessings ~ Pam

Quote:

Pam you are absolutely the greatest!!! Thanks so much for the great pics. I just checked my e-mails and they are all there and just great. Thank you so much as I'm wiping tears from my eyes at your kindness. I am actually planning to go to a crop on the 10th and was planning to work on her book. They are just in the best time. My gratitude is more than words can express.

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I was happy to do it for you.. I love taking photos so you asking me was asking me to do something I love... and hearing how happy you are to receive them makes me happy too. Have fun at the crop.

blessings ~ Pam
The crop was a great thing for me. I actually didn't scrap any at the crop. Instead I organized all my goodies from border, etc swaps into separate bags for each book I'm planning to put them into. I also worked on some borders that are due on Thursday of this week. We are planning to have another Novemberish and that one I will be working like crazy with those great pics. Again, thanks so much! Glad you love taking pics, it showed in the great pics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #64  
Crimping Master

Looking for stampers for a shoe box swap coming up soon!

North Carolina Shoe Box Swap Oct. 30 by tiggerificandi at Splitcoaststampers

Share it with others please, even if you can't attend.
Reply With Quote Likes