Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjc820View Post
Well, I don't want to be accused of being unfair, so, while I think the GBC would work out to be more economical than the other CO place, I don't want to make that decision for everyone. So, I'll do a poll to allow people the chance to vote. If appears from the comments I've read that the GBC would be the preferred place, but we haven't heard from everyone and quite frankly, I'm not in the mood to have anyone suggest or suspect that I'm scheming or dominating the planning or anything along those lines!
I thought we were moving past all that... My bad, I thought that was the majority vote... I'm all for a new thread and poll... Sorry, if I jumped the gun... ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #162  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaMayView Post
okay.....I am going to step up and ask Jess to start a new thread that is JUST about the gathering (or I am willing if it is okay with everyone)
Yup, my plan is to start a new thread as soon as we have some definite news to discuss. I didn't want to confuse things further by starting a new thread today and then again tomorrow or the next day when we actually have some concrete details.

I'd just as soon no one else post on this thread and was actually hoping it had died after no one had posted for hours and hours yesterday.

SO EVERYONE - THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DONE, CLOSED, NO MORE TALKING HERE, Mmmmmm k???????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #163  
Goober-E LOST-E

I'm sorry...I thought this thread was for discussing our thoughts.
You all decided somewhere else to go while I was away this weekend.

I came home and responded to what was here.
I think I was fair while stating my point of view even though I was frustrated with how things went.

I thought it was only fair that we all get our say here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #164  
Polar Bear Patrol

Actually Jess, it's not OK and I am going to say what I need to say. I know you all know that I have seen and read what went on and you also know how upset I am about it and you all knew that I wasn't going to stay quiet for long so here goes...

I have no idea what was said in the e-mail. But the fact that the e-mail was even sent in the first place and people's feeling got hurt over it is not cool! The fact that Cindy tried to start a new thread and asked people to try and come up with a solution in a calm manner and things seemed to be going that way until she and Colleen got the e-mail rehashing things that were said weeks ago and were supposedly over and done with and everyone was starting to get past it and things were starting to get better, before the whole Utah gathering fell through is not cool! The e-mail may have been sent to 2 people and about 3 of us, but when 2 LOSTies are hurt by another LOSTie, you can't expect people not to want to know what happened and get upset over it. I feel OUR Island is mimicking LOST and we are fighting and taking sides and people are getting hurt and I fear that we are gonna be a divided Island like Locke and Jack! I am sorry, I am upset and I am taking a break from the Island and until things calm down and get resolved, I will not be going to the gathering this year! nad let me just end with this...there wouldn't be a Sisterhood of the LOSTies without Colleen! There would be no gathering every year without Colleen! I think I have said my peace. I am taking the bear and joining Michael and Walt on the boat off the Island for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #165  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon & Alex's momView Post
Actually Jess, it's not OK and I am going to say what I need to say. I know you all know that I have seen and read what went on and you also know how upset I am about it and you all knew that I wasn't going to stay quiet for long so here goes...

I have no idea what was said in the e-mail. But the fact that the e-mail was even sent in the first place and people's feeling got hurt over it is not cool! The fact that Cindy tried to start a new thread and asked people to try and come up with a solution in a calm manner and things seemed to be going that way until she and Colleen got the e-mail rehashing things that were said weeks ago and were supposedly over and done with and everyone was starting to get past it and things were starting to get better, before the whole Utah gathering fell through is not cool! The e-mail may have been sent to 2 people and about 3 of us, but when 2 LOSTies are hurt by another LOSTie, you can't expect people not to want to know what happened and get upset over it. I feel OUR Island is mimicking LOST and we are fighting and taking sides and people are getting hurt and I fear that we are gonna be a divided Island like Locke and Jack! I am sorry, I am upset and I am taking a break from the Island and until things calm down and get resolved, I will not be going to the gathering this year! nad let me just end with this...there wouldn't be a Sisterhood of the LOSTies without Colleen! There would be no gathering every year without Colleen! I think I have said my peace. I am taking the bear and joining Michael and Walt on the boat off the Island for now.
Alyson, I don't think that the whole Sisterhood is fighting and taking sides. One person is the person who started all this and since then the rest of us have been trying to put it back together. Nothing else was said by anyone that was aimed at Colleen, you, or Cindy. Jessica is doing her darndest to get the gathering scheduled on the weekend that we all chose and at a place similar in cost to the one that we had chosen in UT and will post a poll as soon as she hears from the lady at the GB Cottage so that we can decide to go to either The Scrapbook Retreat or the GB Cottage. I've made my position clear on that already. I truly hope that things will calm down; I think they have already and I truly hope that you and Colleen will make the decision to come to the gathering this year. We all want you there. I know that Cindy has said all along that she won't be able to go because of the cost, but that's how it is for other people too. Okay, that's my take on the whole thing.

Edie - I so agreed with what you said earlier today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #166  
Watercolor Wizard

Hey girlies! I just want to apologize, I didn't realize I was stirring the pot again. Honestly, I had no idea what was going on here and didn't have the link. I just read through it last night and wanted to state how I felt cuz it all hit me and I felt on the verge of tears reading it all. I had no intentions of dragging this on more, just wanted to let Colleen and Cindy know that we want them back and I just hoped this would all be resolved soon.

Aly, we want you back too!!

And again, thank you Jess for taking the reigns here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #167  
Polar Bear Patrol

WOW, once again I have opened up my big mouth and I feel I owe you guys an apology!

Anna, I am sorry for jumping to conclusions before talking to you first and posting what I posted without talking to you first. And for talking to other people about how I felt about the e-mail and what was said and even saying that I would allow our friendship to end over this. I should have known that you wouldn't say something bad or something untrue about me I am truly sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Texas and West COast LOSTies, I want to apologize to you as well. I think I admitted before on the thread that when we mentioned having a gathering in Texas and some Texas LOSTies said they wouldn't be able to make it if it wasn't close to them that I got upset and said then why have it in Texas if no one in Texas will show up and didn't vote for Texas and it got pushed aside.

I am sorry that I got upset and misunderstood about some West Coast LOSTies being torn about whether they would go to the gathering or to convention and for saying well if they aren't gonna go then why have it out there.

I felt bad after speaking to Anna about it weeks ago and realized that what I did WAS unfair to you guys because I didn't talk to YOU guys about how I was feeling but instead added more places to the poll to try and get those people that could go to have to travel an equal amount of distance to the other people that were going. I know it must have been a shock to you guys to see those new laces on the poll when you were thinking all along it was going to be out West. But please believe me that Cindy and Colleen and would never purposely being deceitful and deceptive or trying to rig the votes. And when we all said we would have it in Utah, we were all really excited about finally meeting the West Coast LOSTies and were genuinely upset when the plan to have it in Utah fell through.

I believe that everyone should be able to come to the thread and voice their opinions without hurting each other things that are said being taken out of context. I know sometimes when things get posted on the thread, they sound a lot differently than talking to someone on the phone about it.

You know I love you guys so much and I am sorry for whatever part I had in this whole mess and for whoever I hurt by saying the things I did. You know I tend to speak out of anger and my emotions and that isn't always the best thing to do, especially before talking to people first and getting all the facts and everyone's sides.

I hope that we can all get past this and move on and eveyone will come back to the Island and be a sisterhood once again. I promise I won't go away and I promise to come to the gathering this year no matter where it is.

I love you guys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #168  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Quote:

WOW, once again I have opened up my big mouth and I feel I owe you guys an apology!

I am sorry that I got upset and misunderstood about some West Coast LOSTies being torn about whether they would go to the gathering or to convention and for saying well if they aren't gonna go then why have it out there.

You know I love you guys so much and I am sorry for whatever part I had in this whole mess and for whoever I hurt by saying the things I did. You know I tend to speak out of anger and my emotions and that isn't always the best thing to do, especially before talking to people first and getting all the facts and everyone's sides.

I hope that we can all get past this and move on and eveyone will come back to the Island and be a sisterhood once again. I promise I won't go away and I promise to come to the gathering this year no matter where it is.

I love you guys!
Alyson -- Thank you so much for coming forward and clearing some of this up. I have been wondering how we got to where we are and this post actually makes me feel much better. Things make sense to me now and I think I can breathe a bit easier (even if my cold is preventing me from actually breathing like a normal person and not a mouth breather). :rolleyes:

I hope in the future we are all better about being honest up front about how we are feeling and why so we can clear things up before they get out of hand again like they did this time. It's so easy to let things spiral when you aren't honest at the start. I know I have played my fair share in this as well. I'm certainly not without blame. Heaven knows I've done my share of sinning. ;)

Thanks again, Alyson. I really appreciate your words and your friendship!

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #169  
One TOT Mom

Ditto! Thanks Alyson!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #170  
Watercolor Wizard

Aly, this was very big of you to post and I can tell it's heartfelt!! It sure calms the air from where I see things!! Thank you! (even though you didn't say or do anything that offended me but I was shocked to read how upset you were and that you needed space from the island).

I love my island twin!! I would be so sad if you don't come to the gathering!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:54 AM   #171  
Polar Bear Patrol

thanks guys. I really wanted to clear the air and validate the way everyone was feeling about things. Like I said, I see both sides of the story and there are still things that I agree and disagree about what was said and how it was handled and how things spiraled out of control so fast. I know it will take a while for those directly involved to get past it want to come back and I hope that in time they will know that we still love and care for them deeply and miss them and want them back! PLEASE let's promise each other from here on that when we plan this years gathering and future gatherings that if we are upset about something or think something is unfair to come out and express our feelings AT THAT TIME and not let it build up and spiral out of control again so that people's feelings get hurt and things are said that we can't take back! I want the planning and actual gathering to be a fun time, not something that we will be dreading and thinking will cause a major explosion on the Island!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #172  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Quote:

thanks guys. I really wanted to clear the air and validate the way everyone was feeling about things. Like I said, I see both sides of the story and there are still things that I agree and disagree about what was said and how it was handled and how things spiraled out of control so fast. I know it will take a while for those directly involved to get past it want to come back and I hope that in time they will know that we still love and care for them deeply and miss them and want them back! PLEASE let's promise each other from here on that when we plan this years gathering and future gatherings that if we are upset about something or think something is unfair to come out and express our feelings AT THAT TIME and not let it build up and spiral out of control again so that people's feelings get hurt and things are said that we can't take back! I want the planning and actual gathering to be a fun time, not something that we will be dreading and thinking will cause a major explosion on the Island!
Yes. Don't make me call Desmond to turn the fail safe key, okay? ;)

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Thank you Alyson!

And thanks to everyone who has taken time to share their thoughts and feelings. Sometimes it's pretty hard to get the right words out.

I'm looking forward to a get together and all the fun that comes with it!
Reply With Quote Likes