Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarah, oh my goodness, don't you ever sleep? Four hours ago it was three in the morning. You are an organizing whirlwind.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #282  
Rubber Obsessor

My thoughts exactly! I'm up at 6 am to get high school daughter off to school (senioritis has set in already - she needs a little nudge in the morning) and there is always a middle-of-the-night post from Sarah. Thanks for all your hard work girl - now go get some sleep!
Karan S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 05:36 AM   #283  
Matboard Maniac

[quote=stampin*mom]Anyone on here ever play BUNCO????[/quote
I play bunco! We get together every few months with a group from work. It's a great time!
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 AM   #284  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=brits4]
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin*mom
Anyone on here ever play BUNCO????[/quote
I play bunco! We get together every few months with a group from work. It's a great time!
Sue

Sue where in Illinois are you from? I would love to get a group of girls together, a traveling type group. I use to play with some girls in our old neighborhood but we moved :( .

Sheree'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #285  
Stazon Splitcoast

Since there is a pitch for bunco, I'll do my own mini thread hijack. Come and play VSN with us in February!!! Great times and gets those inky fingers warmed up for the March get together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 AM   #286  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysue
Since there is a pitch for bunco, I'll do my own mini thread hijack. Come and play VSN with us in February!!! Great times and gets those inky fingers warmed up for the March get together.

Ok I give, what is VSN? LOL!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 AM   #287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Virtual Stamp Night!!! Check out the challenge forum, where they post the weekly color, sketch, etc., challenges and you'll find one entitled Virtual Stamp Night. There is a series of challenges on Friday night, Feb. 2 and Saturday night, Feb. 3. The challenges are released on the hour and you don't know what it will be until it is announced. You have 45 minutes (on the honor system, since this is a virtual stamp get together!) to make your card based on the challenge. Everyone uploads to the challenge forum.

More information and various threads are listed here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Sorry Sarah for the hijack!!! I'll make it up to you; I'll bring you a bar of chocolate or something in March!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #288  
Watercolor Wizard

Peggy do you often do the VSN challenges. I can't get on the computer long enough sometimes to get to read the challnges, yet alone do them in 45 minutes! The last one had some good ones I thought. Caught the action very late and only did one myself.

Question for all of you....what types of gifts are you all bringing to the gift exchange?

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

My Gallery

My Blog: The Minister's Wife Stamps

The Dorks Frolic In The Dandy Patch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #289  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd like to be added to the waiting list along with my friend (gizmo6, if at all possible. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #290  
Gabfest Goddess

Question How do you credit card idea's?

Quick question about Case-ing...It is my understanding the to CASE something means to "Copy And Stamp Exactly" while to be inspired by means you saw something and tweaked it to make it your own. Am I correct?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #291  
Insane Embellisher

CASE also means *Copy And Share Everything*
But...
Even if you are *inspired by* something or someONE, you should still give them credit. This is also considered a form of casing to many, many people. Also, if you plan to case something for the shoebox (or any swap or get together), it is always a good idea to *cya* and pm or email the original artist and ask their permission. Sending them a picture of your work if they ask for it. I know a few people who would be terribly hurt if you didn't at least ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #292  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanastamps
CASE also means *Copy And Share Everything*
But...
Even if you are *inspired by* something or someONE, you should still give them credit. This is also considered a form of casing to many, many people. Also, if you plan to case something for the shoebox (or any swap or get together), it is always a good idea to *cya* and pm or email the original artist and ask their permission. Sending them a picture of your work if they ask for it. I know a few people who would be terribly hurt if you didn't at least ask.
Getting an approval would be a Very Good idea. How stupid would you feel if you CASEd a card and then the person you copied was at there. Or even more embarassing--copied a card that someone else brought to make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #293  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagogirl
Quick question about Case-ing...It is my understanding the to CASE something means to "Copy And Stamp Exactly" while to be inspired by means you saw something and tweaked it to make it your own. Am I correct?
this was posted in post #124 by Sarah -
A Word about Copywrite: If you do decide to bring a card you have cased (copied off another designer, demonstrator, or publication) please include those details and give credit to the original artist in your recipe. The cards made at this event may be used to display at workshops or other Stampin� Up! events. The cards may also be used to inspire workshop/event make n� takes. Do not post any photographs or scans of these cards on the internet or your personal website without the expressed permission of the artist. You may not case/copy these cards for submissions to Stampin� Up!, contests, or any publications. If you have any questions as to the use of the card design; please refer to the artist who created the card. I will be photographing all the cards individually and posting them to Splitcoast Stampers after the event. Each individual artist will be credited however no recipes will be posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #294  
Watercolor Wizard

I have absolutely nothing important to say. I'm just way to excited to let 4 hours of the day go by without anyone posting to this thread! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #295  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Lisa!

I hope you know Lisa, that I am appointing you "Princess of the Shoebox" for the next event. You seem to always think of things ahead of me and are so good at problem solving when it comes to all the details about the swap and the process/organization!

The next event will have a committee (sp) by the way... not that I am complaining; but the bigger this gets the more likely I am to need some help... and I hate asking for help!

I really appreciate everyone jumping in and answering questions... thanks!

And no... I never sleep; I consistantly operate on about 4 hours a night; but lucky for me I have a child that will take a nap with me in the afternoon!

Regarding gifts... look in my gallery; there is an album for the last event and you can see all the hand stamped gift exchange items in there... lots of altered Target $1 spot stuff; picture frames (WAXYO made an awesome one!) and then some hand stamped packages with gift cards or embelishments inside; there was a lot of variety, and all of them were awesome!

Just a note: I just got some envelopes in the mail; postmarked the 16th. I will hold them for the week, as some of the last names are also on the waitlist... no sense mailing them back only to call them a few days later for the waiting list spots.

But the registrations/payments I receive for those NOT on the waiting list will be returned if they are postmarked after 1/14.

REMINDER; to get on the waiting list PLEASE post to this thread! It is very hard for me to keep track of the misc. phone calls and emails...

Thanks all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #296  
Hardware Hotshot

Happy to help Sarah - just trying to keep everyone on the same page with the shoebox and all. I know for some this can be overwhelming.

Just remember - nicely layered and stamped CAN be done in 10 minutes or less. And if you are stumped - try some of the SCS color/layout challenges to give you some inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #297  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ramblings about CASE'ing & shoebox'ing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa S
Happy to help Sarah - just trying to keep everyone on the same page with the shoebox and all. I know for some this can be overwhelming.

Just remember - nicely layered and stamped CAN be done in 10 minutes or less. And if you are stumped - try some of the SCS color/layout challenges to give you some inspiration.

What an excellent point to make.....a beautiful quick and easy card is best for these events. I tell ya all....or y'all as they say down here in Florida where I'm at right now (it's yucky and rainy tonight, but still warmer than chi-town) It's very easy to get overwhelmed at these things, especially with the sheer volume of cards you will be making, at least 10 times or more, you will stop and ask your self....actually I just talk to myself all day at these things....Did I do that table or that card, or how many do I have left, cause you are skipping around from table to table, otherwise you will not get them all done....so it's BEST for you to think of that when designing your card....Can this be made in 5-8 mins? and still be a bee-yoo-tee-ful card....I know what I'm doing and have to find the one I orginally case'd it from a while back, since I've altered it so many times to fit many different sets, it's come a long way from it's origination point...but I will absolutely absolutely make sure to put the original inspirators name on my recipe sheet. That is the beauty of the gallery and of SCS. I was a demo long before SCS came around, and I collected all those magazines, from 1998 on, and let me tell ya this too.......we are SO Lucky to have SCS!!! and the stampin success, and stampers showcase and everything we do have now!
I've digressed, sorry gals! Too much time w/the mom....24/7 since Saturday....she doesn't "get" stamping cause it has nothing to do with poker or spite & malice and the other card games she plays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #298  
Insane Embellisher

Do we have any word or count on hotel rooms yet? The rates listed for the Hotel Indigo are just unbeatable...and it looks SOOOOO pretty!! Just way to excited I guess...wana make my rez asap.

Stampylisa, don't knock poker too hard...I loooove texas hold 'em! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #299  
Die Cut Diva

Location: On a tropical island with white sand beaches and crystal clear water...oh wait that's just a dream

I got a PM from Lisa saying that as soon as she returns from her trip in Fl. that she will be contacting the hotel for a contract and then emailing those of us that want a room. HTH.
Tracy

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanastamps
Do we have any word or count on hotel rooms yet? The rates listed for the Hotel Indigo are just unbeatable...and it looks SOOOOO pretty!! Just way to excited I guess...wana make my rez asap.

Stampylisa, don't knock poker too hard...I loooove texas hold 'em! LOL

My avatar is the card with my most comments EVER...thank you everyone!

Tracy~Proud Mom to Kyle, Daniel, Logan, & My twin miracles...Adam and Jayson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #300  
Matboard Maniac

Default bunco....

Sheree
I live in Burbank which is in the Oaklawn, Chgo Ridge area.
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:24 AM   #301  
Mad Swapper

Sarah
My siser and I would LOVE to be put on your waiting list!

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:30 AM   #302  
Mad Swapper

I guess I should leave our names:
Mary Butterfield
Gail Schenk

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #303  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default add Birgit to waiting list

Sarah,
I just heard from my friend who was out of town for a few days. I never thought to check to see if her registration made it or not until now! Oops! I thought she was paypaling (b/c she just loves it so much!) I found out she snail mailed! Oh, dear. Anyway, please add Birgit Phillips to the waiting list.
Thanks!
kimberlee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 AM   #304  
Crimping Master

Yippee, just booked our flight and hotel room. We'll be staying at Holiday Inn Express in Arlington Heights. Rosowski mom and I are on our way. Now just need to get busy and come up with a card.

On my way to Convention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #305  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommystamps
Sarah,
I just heard from my friend who was out of town for a few days. I never thought to check to see if her registration made it or not until now! Oops! I thought she was paypaling (b/c she just loves it so much!) I found out she snail mailed! Oh, dear. Anyway, please add Birgit Phillips to the waiting list.
Thanks!
kimberlee
Actually I just got her check... and since she was postmarked before the 1/14 announcement she is fine! I will update the list tonight.

REMINDER TO ALL! Tell Your Friends!:

Make sure all your friends know that the event is full!

Any check received postmarked AFTER 1/14 will be returned if you are not on the official waiting list. Even if you were at the last event... as that did not reserve your spot for THIS event. Those at the last event were notified by email DAYS before the last event, and were given exra time to register early. I am sorry if yu did not get a chance to register. I thought I had made it pretty clear in my email that I felt the event would fill quickly.

For those who sent checks after the 1/14 announcement;
It was made clear at the begining of the event planning that this event thread would be updated regularly. And it was further suggested that participants be a SCS members, subscribe to this thread and check this thread for availability BEFORE mailing or paypaling your registration. I am sorry if any of you are unhappy with my decision to handle the registrations this way; I felt it was the only way to ensure that everyone got a fair chance at attending.

Please note that the next space will be MUCH LARGER so hopefully we will not have ANY of these problems.

ALSO: please remove the event thread link from all of your signatures. At this point it's not something we want to market!

THANKS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #306  
Hardware Hotshot

whoo hooo - I secured some more awesome door prizes! You guys are gonna love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #307  
Pearl-ExPert

where is the official waiting list list?:confused:
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #308  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's in post #280 -- looks like you are first on the list
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 05:01 AM   #309  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycattracks
where is the official waiting list list?:confused:
waiting list is posted in this thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 AM   #310  
Mad Swapper

Just got an email from a MAJOR magazine ... and they are donating five wonderful door prizes for our event. WOOHOO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #311  
Watercolor Wizard

Yippy!!!!! [IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #312  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
Just got an email from a MAJOR magazine ... and they are donating five wonderful door prizes for our event. WOOHOO!!!
Cha-Ching-Bada-Bing! Cool! Thanks to all you who are druming up these awesome door prizes for the event. You guys are just too much!!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #313  
Stazon Splitcoast

You guys are da bomb diggity! Thanks for all the efforts to make this a great event! Looking forward to March 31!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #314  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
WOW! That's WONDERFUL! Thanks Sarah!!!!

And I got a box yesterday from one of our favorite non-SU stamp makers... amazing stuff for our goodiebags AND door prizes!! I might just run away to Mexico with all this stuff! lol!

BTW... Sarah... they told me YOU had some of the goodiebag coupons for us too... maybe sometime before the event we can meet 1/2 way or something and I can grab that stuff. I think I will have a goodie bag stuffing pizza party or something!

You all rock; and sorry the list isn't up yet, I have a big Blogger's swap I am the hostess for and I have been packaging and sorting. And wait till you see this stuff; amazing work! With all the amazing participants; your bound to see the cards if you read any of the top blogs. Whoo Hoo!

I hope to get some time tonight or tomorrow during the day (when DH is home to help wrangle the 2 year old!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #315  
Die Cut Diva

Location: On a tropical island with white sand beaches and crystal clear water...oh wait that's just a dream

Sarah I would be more that willing to help you stuff goody bags if it happens to be a time when DH is home to stay home with the boys. Let me know when you are thinking of.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #316  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd be happy to help out if I can as well; just let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #317  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by schtazey
It's in post #280 -- looks like you are first on the list
wooohooo!!!! I'm going to hold my breath!;)
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #318  
Hardware Hotshot

thanks everyone for all the volunteering! I may take you up on your offers!

I will post the updated list over the weeked... Brigit is the only add-on; but before I go edit the BIG LIST I want to go through and make some spelling error changes and stuff.

Some of you on the waiting list WILL be contacted for sure... and I will start doing this next week.

Thanks everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #319  
Matboard Maniac

This will be the first shoebox swap for me. I'm already a bit nervous. Any advice for those of us who are new to this? Any tips you can share that you've acquired after participating in a few swaps? I appreciate any suggestions/info.
Thank, Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #320  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by brits4
This will be the first shoebox swap for me. I'm already a bit nervous. Any advice for those of us who are new to this? Any tips you can share that you've acquired after participating in a few swaps? I appreciate any suggestions/info.
Thank, Sue
Sue~The best advice I can give is to relax and have fun with it! This will be such a good time...you'll wonder why you haven't doen it before!

Reply With Quote Likes