Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Central Florida Shoebox Swap

If You Build it They Will Come!

What
Come join your SCS sisters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday July 28,2007 for a shoebox swap and loads of fun! This is a time for everyone to kick back, relax, and have some fun. We will meet at a local restaurant from 11 to 1 for lunch, then travel next door to our local public library and stamp together from 1pm till 5pm. I bet some of us will continue the fun after 5 over dinner and drinks somewhere else.

Who
Everyone 18+ who enjoys stamping is invited. No Shoebox swap experience necessary! After all, neither of the hostesses have any!!!

When
Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 28th and post a link right here to reserve your spot.

Where
  • Lunch- Charlie and Jake’s Barbecue Restaurant. Address: 6300 Wickham Road, Melbourne, 32937
  • Stamping- Suntree/Viera Public Library (right next to the restaurant). We will be in the large conference room, so there will be plenty of room and tables for everyone to spread out.
  • Both are located in Melbourne, off of the I95 exit # 191.
Directions
  • Charlie & Jake’s BBQ-6300 Wickam Road, Melbourne, 32940 phone: 321.752-7675
  • Suntree/Viera Public Library- 902 Jordan Blass Drive, Melbourne, 32940; phone 321.255.4404
  • Yahoo Maps Link to Charlie & Jake’s BBQ:
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&gid1=14161244&q1=6300%20N%20WICKHAM%20RD,%20Melbourne,%20FL,%203 2940&trf=0&lon=-80.672629&lat=28.214302&mag=3
  • The Restaurant is one block from the library. Charlie & Jake’s is at an intersection with a traffic light. Turn west onto Jordan Blass Drive from Wickham Road (north-south) at that traffic light, and the library is .25 a mile on the south side (left). Look for the sign. If you pass the elementary school, you’ve gone too far.
Coordinators
RJP111 (Robin) and myself (Amy05) will be coordinating the event. Please post a link to this thread with any questions. If you wonder it, chances are everyone else does too. This way we can answer it for anyone.

Cost
Nada! Just enough gas money to get you here and back, to cover your lunch and enough materials for the shoe box swap.

Deadline
You must post on this link by Saturday, July 14 if you would like to be a part of this exciting event.

Procedures
Shoe box Swap
  1. Design a full card or 3-D item, and make 2 samples. Please try to use only SU products and "current" SU stamps. If you are unable to do this, it's okay but we love to show our creations to our customers and can't show card that have been made with other company products.
  2. Put together a list of instructions to make it.
  3. Precut enough supplies to make your item for each person and place materials in a baggie. (If there are 10 people make 10 baggies of supplies). Include the directions in each baggie, just in case there isn’t enough time for a person to make your item at the actual swap meet. Baggies should include pre-cut cardstock and embellishments.
  4. Place the rest of your items (stamps, ink, punches, markers, WWC, pencils, etc.) and the baggies into a shoe box. All individual items in your shoebox should be labeled with your name.
  5. When the shoebox starts, Each person will set up their stuff at a station and then everybody rotates around the room and makes each project. You can go at your own pace that way.
    Please bring your own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. If your card requires special adhesive such as glue dots, please include that in your shoebox.
What to Bring
  • Bring enough supplies for each participant plus two extra sets to be used for parts when people mess up. You may also want to bring your camera. Just in case you don’t’ have enough time to make all of the projects, you can snap a picture of the sample so you may complete it at home. You’ll also want to take pictures of all of your SCS sistahs!
  • Your address book so you can add all your new friends’ names, phone numbers, and email addresses!
  • Bring your own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. Label these since they will be moving around.
Other Important Tips
  • This is for adults only, so please register only if you’re 18 or older. Please make other arrangements for children.
  • We’ll provide name tags, but if you have one from a previous SCS or convention event, feel free to bring it.
  • Feel free to bring your ‘Garage Sale" items for trade (or sale, if it is a retired item) with other attendees.
  • Make sure to bring enough for each person to make your item. We will have a final # a week or so before the event.
  • Bring everything needed for the card; stamps, ink, embellishments, hole punches, cutting tools, scrub & mist...etc. Label everything with your name! Each person should bring your own basic adhesive to carry with you.
  • It goes without saying (or this case saying), please bring your best work.
  • The library allows food & beverages in our conference room. It even has a refridge in the mini kitchen. So feel free to bring an extra snack or drink, if you like.
Optional 3D Swap
We will also have an optional 3D swap. If you would like to participate, let me know and just show up with a prepared 3D item of your choice to swap with the attendees. Examples of 3D items could be coasters, candles, dominoes, accordion books, coaster albums, magnetic bookmarks, glass bead magnets, etc. Again, try to only use Stampin’ Up! materials. After the registration deadline check back on this thread to see how many 3D swap participants we have, and therefore how many swaps you’ll need to prepare. If you have any questions about the 3D swap, feel free to post on this link so Robin or I can answer it.

Attending:
1. Amy (Amy05)
2. Robin (RJP111
3. Laene (stampinguru)
4. Linda (Linda Verderame)
5. Debbie (Amy's old college roomie)
6. Teresa (Nurse T)
7. Cindy (Terersa's friend)
8. Toka (Kevinsgirl)
9. Amer (Amberdawn)
10. Kelcey (Klcbaskets)
11. Roz- (Wolfepak)
12. Debi
13. Heather
14. Katherine (beadfreak22)
15. Kim (stmprkb)
16. Anne (CMCAnne)
17. Vilmarie (Vilmaldonado)

3D Swap Participants
1. Amy (Amy05)- Nugget boxes
2. Katherine (beadfreak22)- dog tags
3. Anne (CMCAnne)- notepad?
4. Roz (wolfepak)- gift card holder

Door Prizes
1. Amy
2. Teresa
3. Katherine
4. Robin
5. Anne
6. Amber
7. Toka
8. Roz

Answers to Questions
1. You do not need to let me know what you are making for the shoebox swap. However, if you choose to tell me, I will post it above next to your name.
2. A 3D swap is similar to convention card swaps, except you are going to make a 3D item. You make one for each person participating in the 3D swap. For example, if 10 of us are participating, I might make 9 identical picture frames. I will pass out one completed picture frame to each person in the swap. I don't need to make one for myself, so I subtractd me from the 10.
3. Please notify me of what you will make for the 3D swap. I will post it next to your name in the 3D swap list. I'd like to try to avoid duplicates if at all possible. Check out the Anything but a Card Gallery at Boxes, Baskets, Bags and Bows by tessaduck at Splitcoaststampers for ideas.

Last edited by Amy05; 07-24-2007 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: updating info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I am really excited about this G2G! I am looking forward to meeting sister SCS'ers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default Central Florida Swap

I am definitely attending and am so glad Amy and Robin are coordinating Thank you very much for jump starting a Central Florida event...and happily in my back yard! Hope to see other Space Coast stampers as well!
Laene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #4  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend and I usually get together on the 4th Saturday of the month to stamp. Let me get with her to see if she'd like to do this. I'll post a message once I talk with her. Sounds like fun. I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks for the invite!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm in....I'm going to pass it on to some other demos in the area as well. (but since most are on here, they probably know anyway)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Count me in and My friend Cindy in!!!! YEAH!!!! I cant wait!!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah! Please sign me up! I've never been to a shoe box swap and this sounds like lots of fun!

Toka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:33 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I'd love to go but I'm at convention then! Please keep me in mind for "next time!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:36 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I send to a PM. I'll plan on coming. Sounds like fun.

Stampin at the Beach
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry about the typo's to early in the morning. I meant I sent you a PM. I will plan on coming.

Stampin at the Beach
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Shoebox swap

I have never done this but can not resist a chance to stamp, I'll be bringing my friend Roz too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm so glad that we have a terrific response so far, considering that convention will be going on a the same time. At this point we have 10 people signed up. Please let others who may be interested in our gathering know about it.

If you would like to participate in the 3D swap, just let me know and I can add you to that list as well.

Consider making a link to this thread in your Favorites so it will be easy for you to check for upates. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Oh! I would absolutey ADORE to be a part of this!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow! It looks like we are going to have a great turnout!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so excited!!!!I cant wait!!!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Of course we'll have a great turn out....we have the nicest people (stampers) meeting the greatest place!
I'm in GA visiting family and told them that if they didn't live up here, I'd never cross the FL state line again.
Amy, I guess you can sign me up for the 3D swap, too. I have a package of coasters at home I really should do something with....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I'm so excited... and I just can hide it...

I think I have everybody added above so far. We are waiting to hear back from a few before I add them to the list. Eleven and counting:-D

April, you are absolutely right about having the best people meeting in the best place. I am so EXCITED about our swap! I've pm'd with a few of you and am so surprised how many of us are in the same town (Melbourne). I don't know if I can even wail till the end of July to meet you gals.

Hmmm.... I wonder if anyone will be using any of the new catty stamps. Since we can order on July first, there should be enough time.

I added an area in the OP where I answer questions. If you ask any , please look up there for answers. Thanks.

April, have a fun time in GA and a safe trip home.

Last edited by Amy05; 06-04-2007 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Question,

Are we suppose to bring a door prize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!!! Hope you have a super day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I am working really hard on finding a babysitter for this event. I would love to meet others in the area. I will keep you posted as to the child situation and if I will be able to attend. Thank you for hosting this I am so excited.
Hope to meet you all soon,
Belva
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Belva, you're coming quite a ways if you're still in Germany....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Please add Debi to the list also. Her net is down right now and she asked me to add her
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Debi's added to the list. If you get a chance, can I get her screen name? Thanks.

Teresa, great question about door prizes. What do you all think about having door prizes? I'm thinking that our actual stamping time is limited- 1 till 4:45 ish. We have to be cleaned up and out of there by 5, when they lock the doors. So that means that we have 3.75 hours to make 11 projects. I don't think we'll have time for them. I tried to get the library earlier, but it's in use by someone else. We'll need a few minutes to set the tables up when we get there. We also wiill do the 3D swap sometime in there, if we do one. How do other get togethers do door prizes? Does everybody bring one or just pitch in money for a few?

Last edited by Amy05; 06-05-2007 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: added a thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

AH MAN!~ I am SOOOO BUMMED :( I am coming to Florida to visit in PALM BAY of all places and I have to leave on the 26th :( darn the luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Bummer! Are you sure you can't arrange it to stay a little longer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy05View Post
Debi's added to the list. If you get a chance, can I get her screen name? Thanks.

Teresa, great question about door prizes. What do you all think about having door prizes? I'm thinking that our actual stamping time is limited- 1 till 4:45 ish. We have to be cleaned up and out of there by 5, when they lock the doors. So that means that we have 3.75 hours to make 11 projects. I don't think we'll have time for them. I tried to get the library earlier, but it's in use by someone else. We'll need a few minutes to set the tables up when we get there. We also wiill do the 3D swap sometime in there, if we do one. How do other get togethers do door prizes? Does everybody bring one or just pitch in money for a few?

The other ones I have heard of do door prizes. I believe everyone brings a surpise and they draw numbers or names and get a prize. Everyone leaves with a goodie. It was just a thought.. I am just so excited you are putting this together! If you need any help LMK;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy05View Post

Is it possable to get the Library the weekend before? That way we would have longer time to hang out and play? Or would you be apposed to me helping find a place that would let us use their facilities...LMK (it was just a thought) either way I am just so excited to get to meet other Stampers in our area!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

It looks like you all have a great turn out!

But this is hte weekend of CKC Scrapbook Convention in FT LAUD!

BTW: I am in Melbourne every Wednesday starting June 20th for dog training...... live in Loxahatchee.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 AM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseTView Post
Is it possable to get the Library the weekend before? That way we would have longer time to hang out and play? Or would you be apposed to me helping find a place that would let us use their facilities...LMK (it was just a thought) either way I am just so excited to get to meet other Stampers in our area!:mrgreen:

I won't be able to attend if we do something the Saturday before (the 21st) as I already have plans for that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Good moring everybody. We can do door prizes for those who want to particpate. Teresa, do they set a price limit amount? It does sound like fun. How about if those who want to do a door prize to post so on this thread and I'll add you to that list. We'll set a $10 limit if there isn't any objection. Also, remember to let me know if you want to sign up for the 3D swap. Teresa, I'll go ahead and sign you up for the door prize:-D.

I hesitate to change the date fo the swap because as Robin mentioned, not everbody who has committed to this may be able to attend on antoher date. BUT, if you want to schedule a second shoebox swap in Winter Springs on another date, I'd sure come to that one also! We sure can't have too many get togethers!

Hi Kim, welcome. Do you train dogs yourself or have your dog attend school? I'd be happy to meet you out sometime if you're dropping your dog off. Actually, I live right across from Wickham Park, which as a dog area. Let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Please add me to the list

Thanks
Christy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for arranging this! I'd love to join you. Please add my name to the list for a 3-D item, too. I'm thinking about making some special biggie clips, if nobody else has had that idea yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

I would like to join you all, too! Sounds like lots of fun!
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Please add me to the list for 3D swap. I'd like to do the 5-in-1 purse card. Thanks so much for organizing this! I can't wait! I guess I better get creating! I'll need to order supplies, and we all know how long it takes to get orders over here! LOL
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone! Have a nice day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Amy-

We train the dogs ourself and take them to classes. I think Wickham park is the park we are going to! We are training in carting, and I have a group of friends that have an informal class on Wednesday mornings....

Actually my husband is the one who is training this particular dog.... it should be fun, stop by!

Keep me posted on the success of your shoe box swap, it sounds like FUN---

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everybody. Just checking in before I hit the sack. I think I have everybody added for what they want up to this point. Dont forget to post if you would like to participate in the three D swap or door prize. If you can wing them, they both should prove to be very fun. I know I'll try to get a new embellishemt from the 07-08 catty for my door prize.

Isnt' that so wild that Kim (stmprkb) trains her dog less than a mile from my house? This swap is just proving what a small world this really is. 15 and growing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm so excited! I can't wait 'til July 28th!
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh dear, Sorry for the confusion. We recently moved to Palm Bay and I had forgotten to revise my profile. I have done it now and it shows that I am on your door step now girls. Can't wait to meet some fellow stampers. Been away too long.
Belva
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Friday afternoon!
SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes