Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tablescrapzView Post
Thanks Anne for getting the info to Dawn. Yes, there is a 10 Card Extravaganza on Tuesday, October 22. Kathy's weekly newsletter (email) said "Love, Love, Love" was this month's theme.
Tootles,
Suz
According to the calendar it's January 22nd 10am-8pm, and I'm hoping my mom and I will be able to make it. The plan is to drop by on Saturday to check it out--yeah!

Smiles,
Anne
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you everyone for the help! I will drop by there this weekend and that card class sounds good too! Thanks again

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Some advice for those of you who are planning on going to The Creative Quest's 10-card Extravangza on January 22. It is busiest first thing in the morning. I try to go later in the afternoon, that way I avoid the crowd. The store also encourages people to bring their own scissors and adhesive, but you don't have to. I hope to meet some SCS folk there that day. Uhmmm, how should we identify ourselves?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #44  
Cupcake Queen

WHO WANTS TO HAVE OUR VERY OWN AZ STAMP MANIA at my house in March?

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tablescrapzView Post
The Creative Quest is the best!! I just love Judy and Kathy and all the ladies there. The 10-Card Extrav.

Hi - to all the AZ SCSers!
Judi & Kathy are the BEST!! I just adore them!

Did you know that Judi (yes, our Judi Ross!) is the ONE responsible for teaching Tim Holtz about Rubber Stamping??? He was working at Ben Franklin's in Prescott (with Melanie at CQ) and Judi was teaching a class about Rubber Stamping...Tim reluctantly took the class...and well, the rest is HISTORY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was there this weekend and the streets were all closed for something going on. I walked quite aways and found it. I am so used to Recollections that I was a little disappointed . The ladies were nice though.
I am up for the Az stamp mania!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you in the valley?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by banana.cream.pieView Post
Here is another local event:

2008 Stamp & Scrapbook Crop Fest-Sunday, Feb 24th at the Glendale Civic Center. 9am-6pm.

A good event to attend if you need somewhere fun to Stamp or Crop away from home esp if you live in the West side of town.
Not to be missed! Be sure to check out this event on Feb 24th at the Glendale Civic Center! Limited to 68 seats with 3 feet of personal work space....both Stamping and Scrapping. Mini-workshops and classes are included with paid admission--you also get a GOODY Bag full of $15 worth of products! And there are hourly door prizes! Some shopping, Card swap, embellishment Swap...the list goes on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #48  
Cupcake Queen

I am in Maricopa, AZ -- I hope people will come! It would be a blast and it is free -- all you need to bring is you and your shoebox swap (SU only please) and a treat to share Please sign up on the other thread . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

I'm in Phoenix but don't have a fave stamp store. All of my stuff is Stampin' Up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not to be missed! Be sure to check out this Mega STAMPING & SCRAPBOOK CROP event on Sunday, Feb 24th at the Glendale Civic Center! Limited to 68 seats with 3 feet of personal work space....both Stamping and Scrapbooking fun.

Included with paid admission-- a GOODY Bag full of $15 worth of products! And there are hourly door prizes! Some shopping, classes, make and take projects, Card swap, embellishment Swap...the list goes on! Be sure to stop by! It will be loads of FUN!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

I'm in Tucson and was sad as everyone else that Stampin' Sanity went out of business. Crafts 5th Avenue on 1st and Wetmore used to be kind of neat but they're moving away from the craft types I like best. Joann's and Michael's are only good for the run of the mill or consumable products so most of my things come mail order. I do want to check out that scrapbook store on River and La Cholla. Could be very interesting.

Makaren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Wonderful! You'll love the weather here at that time. Just visit this thread/post again if you want more detail and directions to ANY stores when you visit..."The Valley of the Sun"
Okay, help puhleeeease! We will be staying at the ''JW Marriott Desert Ridge'' in Phoenix for my hubby's conference and I am looking for some stampin� shoppin� to do while he is learnin�. I have never been there before so I don�t know the lay of the land. I found a map and found that we are very near to the Deer Valley Airport so I am assuming that means limited shopping :( Does anyone know if there are any stampin�/scrappin� stores relatively close by? I tried finding the stores you gals mentioned earlier in the thread but I�m hopelessly confused. I�m hoping that if there are no LSS or stamp stores relatively close by, that I can head to a Michael�s or Jo-Annes. I saw a Michael�s listed on Camelback Road and a Jo-Anne�s on Tatum Blvd and there is a Camelback and Tatum by the hotel, but I don�t know if it�s kind of close or very far away down the road.

We don�t have Recollections here, but I think I remembered reading that they were closed down??? We also don�t have Hobby Lobby either. I see there is one in Avondale and one opening in Mesa in 2008. If Mesa is open, which one is closer? I am hoping to maybe find some copics.

Lastly, here at Michaels we can ask for a coupon at customer service. I was wondering if a person is allowed to do that at any of the stores down there?

Anyways, if anyone has the time to help me out I�d really appreciate it a lot. If not, thanks for listening to me ramble! LOL!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Unfortunately, I am no help for stores in the area you will be in because I live on the Eastside...too bad because we have some GREAT ones over here, including Scrapbooks ETC. (previously mentioned) which has just expanded for about the fourth time. Awesome store. If you have a lot of time and a car, you might want to venture over anyway...this is a very easy area to navigate around. Just Mapquest and you can find it quite easy! Hopefully someone on the westside will be more help.
As far as the M's...to my knowledge none around here will give you a coupon, but maybe that is different on the westside also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

The is a Joannes and Target in Desert Ridge. A Michaels at the Promanade (16239 N Scottsdale Rd) and one at 4725 E Cactus. These are closer than the one on Camelback. The Mad Scrappers at 30845 N Cave Creek Rd is mostly a scrapbooking store but they do carry some stamping stuff. Depending how far you want to drive there is Red Rubber at 12234 N51st Ave in Glendale. The Creative Quest (which I don't care for) is also in Glendale at 7146 North 57th Dr. The concierge should be able to direct you to any of these places.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

It sounds like you are in North Scottsdale. Do you have a rental car to get around?

The MAD SCRAPPER would be the closest Independent Scrapbook Store closest to where you are. It is North/West of where you are staying. Travel west on the 101, head North on the Cave Creek exit and drive about 5 miles. I linked the site for you--click
MAD SCRAPPERS. I haven't been in there, not sure of their stamping stuff in stock.

The closest Rubber Stamp store is the Frenzy Stamper in downtown Scottsdale--awesome variety of Rubber. It is a FAB store, they have $5.00 Lab time, you can use any of their Stamp Stock in their Classroom for $5 @ hour--they have THOUSANDS!!!! This store is worth the trip if you can make it there. You can travel straight down Scottsdale Road to Camelback--the address and directions are on the site.

How long are you in town?--there is a RUBBER STAMP event in Mesa (Mesa Convention Center) March 1st & 2nd. A wonderful Rubber Stamp show--maybe 30-40 Stamping Vendors?

There is a Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo also March 1st & 2nd in Glendale (Glendale Civic Center). This same show is in Tucson this weekend (Feb 23/24)---Tucson is about a 3 hour drive from the Phoenix area.

There is a MEGA Crop Festin Glendale (Glendale Civic Center) this Sunday 2/24/08 (Shop & Crop), some classes and M&T, hourly door prizes, and goody bags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

We don’t have Recollections here, but I think I remembered reading that they were closed down??? --Recollections is CLOSED forever now. We also don’t have Hobby Lobby either. I see there is one in Avondale and one opening in Mesa in 2008. If Mesa is open, which one is closer? I am hoping to maybe find some copics.-I'm not sure if Mesa is open yet, The Avondale location is ALL freeway travel (head west on the 101 to McDowell exit...maybe a 20-30 minute drive from where you are staying)

Lastly, here at Michaels we can ask for a coupon at customer service. I was wondering if a person is allowed to do that at any of the stores down there?
--haven't seen that here ever....in the many different Michaels that I have gone into.

Anyways, if anyone has the time to help me out I’d really appreciate it a lot. If not, thanks for listening to me ramble! LOL!
----there is a very nice Jo Ann's etc at Desert Ridge Marketplace right around the corner from where you are staying. There is also an AMC movie theater, Ross, Target, lots of shopping and other restaurants.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

If you go to The Mad Scrappers you would be better off going straight up (north) Tatum to Cave Creek Road, make a right and it is just before the traffic light in a little shopping center on the right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadilloView Post
If you go to The Mad Scrappers you would be better off going straight up (north) Tatum to Cave Creek Road, make a right and it is just before the traffic light in a little shopping center on the right.
Thanks! Good to know--I'm not too familiar with that area. What is Mad Scrappers like? Big store? Selection? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Mad Scrappers is not a large store but it has a ton of scrapbooking stuff, card stock, designer paper, etc. The have punches a selection of stamps (I think mostly clear ones), some inks, embossing powders, ribbon. They offer classes in scrapbooking and card making. I think the cards are mostly die cuts and embellishment type rather than stamping. A friend of mine has taken some of their card classes and made some very nice cards. The store is quite nice and the people helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #60  
Glitter Queen

Default Up coming trip to Mesa

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00View Post
Unfortunately, I am no help for stores in the area you will be in because I live on the Eastside...too bad because we have some GREAT ones over here, including Scrapbooks ETC. (previously mentioned) which has just expanded for about the fourth time. Awesome store. If you have a lot of time and a car, you might want to venture over anyway...this is a very easy area to navigate around. Just Mapquest and you can find it quite easy! Hopefully someone on the westside will be more help.
As far as the M's...to my knowledge none around here will give you a coupon, but maybe that is different on the westside also.
Hey! I am going to be in the Mesa area at the end of April (visiting family in Queen Creek). I was looking around SCS to scope out any good stores in the area. I will definitely check out Scrapbooks Etc!! It is close to our hotel. Any news on when the Hobby Lobby will be opening??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #61  
Glitter Queen

Default Mesa Stores

Quote:

Originally Posted by toplinescrapperView Post
I'm in Queen Creek, AZ. I've never been to a stamps store in AZ. I mostly purchase online. Although we have an AWESOME scrapbook store in Mesa!

Sherry
Sherry,
I'm coming to AZ in April to visit family in Queen Creek! We are stayng in Mesa and I soooooo want to check out some scrapbook stores. Is the awesome store Scrapbooks Etc? What about A Scrap Affair and Scrapbook Barn? Which would you recommend if I only had time for one? My mom and sis will be with me and I'm not sure how much time they'll "humor" me with...
-Laurel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

SCrapbooks ETC is owned by the Bazzill folks---lots of Scrapbook stuff. If you want more Artsy/Collage Paper Arts store, then Mystic Paper is not too far away from Scrapbooks etc. You could actually have enough time to visit both!

April 18th/19th is the CK Convention--just a few blocks away from both stores. One could easily spend the entire day shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

STAMPWORKS

is a RUBBER STAMP STORE in the East Side of town--it's in Chandler. It is a very small store, but crammed with TONS of Rubber Stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #64  
Mad Swapper

subscribing...

I was in AZ last week....

I spent some money at Scrapbooks etc.... LOVELY store.. so fun.
I walked around Mystic Paper.. also a nice store.. 1/4 the size of scrapbooks etc, but they carried some interesting things.

I stopped at Red Rubber in Glendale. also a nice store.. not the biggest selection, but I got a few things.

And I LOVED Stamp Works in Chandler. that is a really nice store and the owner is great. she carries Amuse, Lockhart, Magenta and lots of fun other stamps. My only complaint.. she has so many wonderful samples up in the store.. but it seemed like everything I liked.. was old and retired. If it's old and retired, don't have it displayed! but other than that.. and that's just a little thing, it's a GREAT store.

I love the little store front that StampWorks is in.. you walk by the bead store, the cute cafe.. your creative juices just start flowin.

sorry I didnt' see this thread BEFORE I went to AZ.. but we go back every year as we have a timeshare in Scottsdale..

I miss the sunshine already!

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #65  
Inking Addict

Hi AZ stampers, and vistors. I just read through all you posts. I used to live in the Phoenix area and now live in NE AZ.... Show Low to be exact. I go to the "big city" frequently to get my shopping fix. There is a store in old town Scottsdale called Frenzy Stamper. They have quite a nice variety of stamps and accessories. I was there before Christmas. The address is Frenzy Stamper
7042 E 5th Ave. Scottsdale, AZ 85251 480-946-0007. Also in on the East side check out Xpdex. They carry stamps and stamp pads as well as paper and envelopes. They are on Broadway between I-10 and Mill.
Happy Stamping.
Rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #66  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello, Tucson SCSers! I will be arriving on March 15 and staying for 1 month with my parents in the Oro Valley area. Let's get together and Stamp! Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #67  
Glitter Queen

Thanks! You all have been such a big help! I'm looking forward to exploring some of the stores that you have mentioned!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #68  
Cardstock Collector

Default Scottsdale AZ

I am not from AZ but it is like a second home to me!
For years I did a show there with Elaine Madrid called Rubberstamp Roundup
at the old Safari Resort which is now gone. Then we moved it to Glendale.
Usually twice a year I fly down to Frenzy Stamper in Downtown Scottsdale. Debbie the owner has GOBS of stamps and great supplies. I will be there teaching the weekend after Easter. I hope some of you will stop by and see me. Check out Debbie's Site (frenzystamper.com)for info on her store it is well worth a trip.

MaryJo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

SCrapbooks ETC is owned by the Bazzill folks---lots of Scrapbook stuff. If you want more Artsy/Collage Paper Arts store, then Mystic Paper is not too far away from Scrapbooks etc. You could actually have enough time to visit both!

April 18th/19th is the CK Convention--just a few blocks away from both stores. One could easily spend the entire day shopping!

What is the CK Convention?

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
What is the CK Convention?
This is the Creating Keepsakes (scrapbook magazine) convention. Here is a link with more information:

http://www.ckscrapbookevents.com/mesa2008/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here are a few more upcoming events in AZ:

Is anyone attending any?
  • Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention.
April 18th & 19th-Mesa Convention Center.
Fri: 10am-6pm Sat: 9am-5pm-$9.00 admission

• Sunday, June 1st Glendale Civic Center 9am-6pm
Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Crop Fest.
Shopping, Cropping, & Classes

5750 W. Glenn Drive. Diamond Ballroom.

Shopping admission is: $3.00
  • Friday & Saturday, Sept 5th & 6th Tucson AZ.
"Paper Gatherings" Rubber Stamp, Scrapbook, and Paper Crafting Show
Tucson Convention Center
Friday: 5pm-9pm Saturday: 9am-5pm

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

I live in Casa Grande (between Phoenix & Tucson). I don't shop at any stamping stores as I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I get all my stuff from Stampin' Up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyote KiView Post
I live in Casa Grande (between Phoenix & Tucson). I don't shop at any stamping stores as I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I get all my stuff from Stampin' Up!
Hi there! Right now we are parked at a resort in Casa Grande- plan to leave about April 30.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #74  
Cupcake Queen

I think I might go to the show on Sept 5 and 6th in Tucson. Anyone wanna meet me there either night to walk around and hang out? I am in Maricopa so it is a drive, but not too bad . . . LMK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #75  
McStampin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda_SewellView Post
I think I might go to the show on Sept 5 and 6th in Tucson. Anyone wanna meet me there either night to walk around and hang out? I am in Maricopa so it is a drive, but not too bad . . . LMK!
Hey Amanda!! How are you doing? It seems like forever since we have talked! I would love to go one night with you! Lets set something up...anyone else wanna join us?

I Design for: Our Daily Bread Designs, Kitchen Sink Stamps, and Really Reasonable Ribbon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #76  
McStampin'

I am Tucson, also. I LOVE the new store pages in progress at River and La Cholla. Wish they had a few more stamps, but they do have a lot of other great stuff!

I Design for: Our Daily Bread Designs, Kitchen Sink Stamps, and Really Reasonable Ribbon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda_SewellView Post
I'm in Tucson. My DH won't be around then, so if I can get a babysitter, I'd love to meet up there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

I have been to Red Rubber Stamps and also Creative Quest (since I'm only about 1 mile from one and 3 from the other). I haven't really bought alot from them, because I tend to lean more towards Stampin Up.
I was sad to see Recollections go, because they had a huge selection of things that you just can't buy at Michaels or Joanns. Hobby Lobby is nice, but it seems like they really don't seem to get new items.
I did find 1 scrapbook store on this side of the valley, Scrap Happy Sisters. They are rather small, so they can't carry alot of stuff, but they do try to keep current things in stock. They are located at 67th and Happy Valley.
It's so unfair that the east valley has all of the stores.:( The only one that I have been to is Scrapbooks Etc. I like that it is roomy and has a huge selection of paper, cardstock and the miscellaneous items that you just can't get anywhere else. Unfortunately, I only get to go about 4 times a year and I cannot take any classes.:(
I'm planning on swinging by Scrapbooks Etc after the CKC Mesa Convention. Is anyone from this side of the valley going?

Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #79  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmc2stampView Post
I am Tucson, also. I LOVE the new store pages in progress at River and La Cholla. Wish they had a few more stamps, but they do have a lot of other great stuff!
I went in to visit this store--very big, very lovely inside. :-D

They don't plan on carrying more Rubber Stamps, just some of the stamps from Hero Arts.

The Tucson show Sept 5th & 6th will feature MANY Rubber Stamp Vendors from all over. LuminArts will be teaching a class at this show too
.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofyView Post
I have been to Red Rubber Stamps and also Creative Quest (since I'm only about 1 mile from one and 3 from the other). I haven't really bought alot from them, because I tend to lean more towards Stampin Up.
I was sad to see Recollections go, because they had a huge selection of things that you just can't buy at Michaels or Joanns. Hobby Lobby is nice, but it seems like they really don't seem to get new items.
I did find 1 scrapbook store on this side of the valley, Scrap Happy Sisters. They are rather small, so they can't carry alot of stuff, but they do try to keep current things in stock. They are located at 67th and Happy Valley.
It's so unfair that the east valley has all of the stores.:( The only one that I have been to is Scrapbooks Etc. I like that it is roomy and has a huge selection of paper, cardstock and the miscellaneous items that you just can't get anywhere else. Unfortunately, I only get to go about 4 times a year and I cannot take any classes.:(
I'm planning on swinging by Scrapbooks Etc after the CKC Mesa Convention. Is anyone from this side of the valley going?

Tammy:cool:
Tammy--there is a very small Rubber Stamp, Scrapbook, and Paper Arts show over in the West Side at the Glendale Civic Center on June 1st, Sunday from 9am-6pm. Shopping, Classes, & an all-day Crop.

Some of the Vendors will have different items--Scrapbook Papers, Rubber Stamps, newer product lines, embellishments, Collage items, ephemera, trinkets, charms, buttons, Vintage Photos & game pieces, chipboard, ribbons, etc..etc...so many items that you wouldn't find at a local chain craft store.

CK Convention at Mesa will be loads of fun! About 45 Vendors. Someone told me that their attendance is somewhere between 3,000-4,000 people (mostly ladies, of course!) Be sure to visit "Mystic Paper" when you are over in Mesa--it is about a mile away from the Mesa Convention Center on Main Street--a really fantastic Paper Arts store!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes