Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I'm still here!

You ladies are probably all waiting for me to respond. I do want to come. It will be my first shoe box swap so I'll probably have tons of questions too. So for my introduction...

My name is Dawn Barrett and I live in Orion, MI. A few miles north of the Palace of Auburn Hills where the Pistons play. Not that I'm a sports fan. It's just a known landmark.

I am a SAHM with 3 kids. We love home made salsa and I make it often. Sometimes that's our lunch. Hehehe.

I started stamping last March and LOVE it. I used to teach art before having kids so having something creative to do and finally some time to actually be creative as been really great for me. My daughter who turns 5 next month enjoys stamping with me too.

I make this awesome chocolate chip brownie cheesecake I'd be willing to bring. But at this rate, our next meeting might have to be a recipe book. ;) Either that or someone will have to bring a bottle of tums for a bunch of upset tummies after eating such a variety of foods. Cheese cake, salsa, lemon cake. Oh my!

So my questions:
Is this swap only SU products or NVR?

What helpful hints can anyone give me when compiling this stuff together?

And the theme for this swap is "there is no there," right?

Mostly I don't know what questions to ask so any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Dawn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #82  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes
So my questions:
Is this swap only SU products or NVR?

What helpful hints can anyone give me when compiling this stuff together?

And the theme for this swap is "there is no there," right?

Mostly I don't know what questions to ask so any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Dawn
We're glad to have you Dawn!! So far we have officially 10 participants so far!

I am by no means an authority on our plans... but I seem to be putting in my 2 cents an awful lot ... I'm probably over a dollar's worth now!

I know at least a couple of us are SU demos... so we will probably be using SU stuff... I think for our first get together we should have very few restrictions. It would be fine with me to have non-SU supplies used - at least this time around. Just remember to bring anything your card requires!

As far as compiling your supplies... just create a demo card we can use as a sample... and include all the pieces we need to complete the card. I have plastic boxes purchased at the dollar store that I put all the pieces in.

Theme??? Did we make a decision on that??? My prefrence is no theme... this time.

Anyone else have anything to contribute about that????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh... btw,

I am 28 years old looking for a secondary math teaching job. I recently finished my certification requirements... so the hunt is on. I am not married (though would love to find the right guy) and don't have any kids. One would think that with all this free time I would have gotten tons of stamping done. Hmmm.... hasn't worked out that way.

I do have 2 cats... well one cat and one kitten. They keep me company and tend to stick their paws in my ink pad when I try to stamp! I just signed up as an SU demo in May but have been stamping for a few years now.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 AM   #84  
Mad Swapper

I have no problem with this being a non restricted swap Everyone can bring any themed card well that's my vote

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #85  
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry, I've been out of the loop these past few days. My PC got fried the other day because of a BAD thunder/lightening/electrical storm. I'm at the neighbors who has graciously allowed me to sit at her PC and check in!! I'm not sure how soon I'll be UP and running again, but, I'll try and check in once a week or so.

I am limited on SU stamp sets and cardstock but, I'm sure I can come up with a card to swap, if that's what we decide. Now, do I stamp the images for the swap, or do I bring the stamps and ink for everyone to stamp themself?? Oh, and we cut the cardstock to size for the card, correct?? also, any brads, eyelets, ribbon, etc, we bring that too, correct?? HELP, this is my first swap!! I want to do this right....lol

talk to you's soon....

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #86  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

:( I'm so sorry to hear about your compurter. I'd be so bummed if that happened here. Hope it gets fixed or replaced quickly.

In the mean time, pretend you are on vacation and can't check your email. (Not that it would work for me if I were in this situation.)
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
I am limited on SU stamp sets and cardstock but, I'm sure I can come up with a card to swap, if that's what we decide. Now, do I stamp the images for the swap, or do I bring the stamps and ink for everyone to stamp themself?? Oh, and we cut the cardstock to size for the card, correct?? also, any brads, eyelets, ribbon, etc, we bring that too, correct?? HELP, this is my first swap!! I want to do this right....lol

talk to you's soon....
Don't worry!!! Everything will be fine!

I think its been somewhat decided that it does not need to be SU supplies... whatever you want to bring is fine. Just cut the cardstock to the sizes needed and bring anything else - ribbon, eyelets, etc. - that you have included on your card. It does not need to be a big production.

I was planning on just cuting the pieces and having everyone stamp their own - with stamps and ink I supply. Is that what others had in mind?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #88  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi All,

I am a bit behind this week. I am in a class all week and trying to get my swaps and things done for convention, I leave Sunday morning.

A bit about me. I am 44 years old, married to my wonderful husband Doug for 14 years, no children (that is another story). We moved to Michigan 4 years ago from AZ. I taught 1st-2nd grade for 17 years in AZ and I am now teaching part time Kindergarten in Fowlerville.

I have been a SU demo for a little over 2 years.

I am going to explain what a shoebox swap is again:

Shoebox Swap

Design 1 card
In a "shoebox" place all material to create this card,
this includes stamps, ink, pre-cut cardstock and anything else to complete the card.
You don't stamp the images, we do that when we are making the card you brought.
You should have one card made up for a sample.

We don't usually include envelopes, but we can if everyone wishes. We also all bring our own tape.

I like the idea of an open swap this time. I am not sure I will have holiday ideas ready yet, I might, but not sure.

Hope this helps explain how a shoebox swap is done.

Jennie

Last edited by joosterhse; 08-21-2005 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #89  
Mad Swapper

Sounds great ladies!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #90  
Mad Swapper

My friend Kim would like to come also
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpayne
I know we can fit 12 with curent table workspace. We can start a sign-up to make sure we don't overbook our space. Just post here or send a PM if you are interested for sure.

1. Jennie (keeper of the awesome stamp room!)
2. Tracy P. (me!)
3. Audrey (driving from Midland)
4. Colleen
5. Dani
6. Kathy
7. Dawn
8. Michelle (Dawn's Daughter)
9. Leah H.
10. Dawn B.
11. Kim
12. Shirley
So this is the list so far...(I did add Kim to the list). We really only have room for 1 more, unless others bring tables. I haven't missed anyone, have I???

Last edited by tpayne; 08-23-2005 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #92  
Cardstock Collector

Default Michigan get-together

Hey, am I too late for this? If not, count me in ... I just found this thread for some reason. I am in Owosso, between Lansing and Flint and I would love to get together for a day of stamping! I think each of us having a project for each other is a great idea. Let me know .... Shirley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #93  
Rubber Obsessor

Shirley - I have added you to the list!!! That will give us 12 people... and a full house!

I think this will be fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #94  
Buttered Noodle Mingler

Southgate, MI Found This Late

I am SO bummed! I just found this thread! I would love to join the party, but I have a large expo in Taylor on the 24th! Poor me!
I live in Southgate. North of Monroe, South of Warren. My mom lives at 10 Mile & Mound in Warren. (well, Centerline.) I feel so alone here! I am pleased to know that there are a few more people out there! I know of a few other ladies in the general area, but I've never met up with any of them!
I hope you guys have agreat time & please keep me in mind in the future!
Hey! If anybody changes their mind, I could always use some help at the Expo!
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #95  
Cardstock Collector

Hello Ladies,
My name is Kim Landry and I am a friend of Colleen's. She signed me up for this very fun sounding adventure! I have been married for almost 8 years (our anniversary is Aug.16th) to my husband Paul. We have two VERY lovable children. Spencer is 4 and Genika is 18 months. I am a special education teacher in White Lake.
I am really looking forward to meeting all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp therapist
I live in Muskegon and go to Holland on a pretty regular basis. I think a gathering would be fun.
Ahhhh someone from Muskegon, MI! I'm from there, but my husband's job lands us in Okinawa Japan for now. He's a U.S. Marine. He will be a recruiter in the Muskegon or Grand Rapids area in about a year...I'm so excited to be going back home for at least 3 years!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 07:19 AM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Wow, Japan!

How cool! Do you like it there? That is one of my 'must sees' when I win the lottery....lol
On another note, I would be willing to send you some money if you would send me some Japanese postage stamps....I collect stamps from all over the world and would love some from Japan. If you are willing that is.... Please contact me privately if you are. Thanks, glad to hear we are getting you back in Michigan soon! Dawn in Maybee

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #98  
Glitter Queen

Hey Ladies - HOLD the bus. I would love to join you. This sounds like so much fun. I have two great friends that would also like to join you. We are all from the Jackson area. I'm not sure if this matters or not, but only one of us is a demonstrator. We have recently started to join some of the other swaps, and this one caught my eye. Please let me know if we can join the fun and what we would need to bring. Can't wait to here from you. Thanks - Jena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #99  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Ahhhh someone from Muskegon, MI! I'm from there, but my husband's job lands us in Okinawa Japan for now. He's a U.S. Marine. He will be a recruiter in the Muskegon or Grand Rapids area in about a year...I'm so excited to be going back home for at least 3 years!!
My brother is in the navy and was stationed there and I went to visit. Of course he was out on ship, but I got to see my sister-in-law and my nephew.

I also got us lost in Tokyo. VERY lost.

Have fun while you are there and hopefully we will get to see you when you get back to the states for another stamp gathering

That's my baby Isabelle Grace 6/30/04
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 06:15 AM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenaT
Hey Ladies - HOLD the bus. I would love to join you. This sounds like so much fun. I have two great friends that would also like to join you. We are all from the Jackson area. I'm not sure if this matters or not, but only one of us is a demonstrator. We have recently started to join some of the other swaps, and this one caught my eye. Please let me know if we can join the fun and what we would need to bring. Can't wait to here from you. Thanks - Jena

At the moment we are full. Someone has offered to bring an extra table, but we need to find out if there is room to put it up and if anyone has chairs to set at that table. I won't be out to Jennie's until the 21st, so unless I talk to her sooner about space I won't be able to give you an answer until then. It would be great to meet so many new stampers... and being a demo is not required.

I will let you know.
Tracy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 07:07 AM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking I would be able to bring

chairs/table if needed. I have two card tables and 8 chairs if needed, and if Jennie has the room. Hugs, Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 AM   #102  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking All this talk about getting together.....

Makes me think of setting up an over-night gathering at a hotel. We could rent out one of their conference rooms for an all night crop. (those that don't want to can sneak off to bed
I stayed awake the other night dreaming of everything that goes along with setting this up--getting local scrapbook/stamping stores to donate prizes, what projects I could have for us to do, etc.........
Most hotels will give a good discount when 5 or more rooms are booked under a group name. And if it's held on an "off" weekend the conference rooms are no charge. Is it just me or does this sound like fun??? awn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #103  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrtscrapper
Makes me think of setting up an over-night gathering at a hotel. We could rent out one of their conference rooms for an all night crop. (those that don't want to can sneak off to bed
I stayed awake the other night dreaming of everything that goes along with setting this up--getting local scrapbook/stamping stores to donate prizes, what projects I could have for us to do, etc.........
Most hotels will give a good discount when 5 or more rooms are booked under a group name. And if it's held on an "off" weekend the conference rooms are no charge. Is it just me or does this sound like fun??? awn
Sounds interesting!!! Let me know if you actually get something like this going... and what kind of cost would be involved for those that participate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 05:10 AM   #104  
Buttered Noodle Mingler

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracylynn00
I lived in Muskegon for several years and miss it terribly! The first time I returned to visit friends, I cried when I pulled into town because it was "Home." The East side of the state just isn't the same! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #105  
Cardstock Collector

Default get together on 24th

I regret that I will not be able to join you all on the 24th of September. I just found out that we will be attending our son's wedding wedding on Mackinac Island that weekend!! Which is great, because that is my birthday weekend so I get another trip to the island too. Wow, 4 trips there this year!!! I hope you all have a great time, and I would love to join you another time. My email addy is [email protected] ....

Again, have lots of fun without me ... Stamped Blessings, Shirley

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampershirley
Hey, am I too late for this? If not, count me in ... I just found this thread for some reason. I am in Owosso, between Lansing and Flint and I would love to get together for a day of stamping! I think each of us having a project for each other is a great idea. Let me know .... Shirley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 PM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Hi, my name is Vivian and I just stumbled across this posting. I would be interested in getting together sometime. I live in Fenton which is off US 23 south of Flint and north of Ann Arbor. I do NOT like to drive long distances but I'm sure I could talk a couple gals (upline & sideline) to go along. The sleep over sounds good but just a day of stamping sounds good too. I work full time but always work in stamping sometime during the day. Keep me in the loop if anything comes up. I know your other get together is full. [email protected]

I Design For: Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage
My Blog: VivLyn Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

So... Shirley couldn't make this one... and Jena is bringing a table and 2 friends. I am just waiting on a response from VivLyn (I sent her a PM) to see if she wants to fill Shrley's spot. Otherwise... it looks like we are all set. We have all the table space filled and we are going to have a ton of projects! How very fun!

1. Jennie (keeper of the awesome stamp room!)
2. Tracy P. (me!)
3. Audrey (driving from Midland)
4. Colleen
5. Dani
6. Kathy
7. Dawn
8. Michelle (Dawn's Daughter)
9. Leah H.
10. Dawn B.
11. Kim
12. Jena
13. Jena's friend
14. Jena's other friend

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2005, 04:56 AM   #108  
Glitter Queen

Default It's almost here!!!!

Hello everyone that's going to be there on the 24th. I am getting really excited, how about any one else????

Can't wait to see everyone.....

Jena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #109  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenaT
Hello everyone that's going to be there on the 24th. I am getting really excited, how about any one else????

Can't wait to see everyone.....

Jena
Hey Everyone....

I finally am back among the cyber space people again....after my PC got fried back in July. Glad you didn't take my name off the list, but I would of understood too. Did we decide on a theme? Or, is it open this time??

Can't wait for the 24th to get here!!

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

There is only about 1 1/2 weeks till our get together. Is there anything we need to plan? Can you PM your address to us so we can get directions to your house?

Thanks.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #111  
Kookie Creator

I am getting sooo excited. Let me know what I need to do.

That's my baby Isabelle Grace 6/30/04
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 AM   #112  
Rubber Obsessor

OK,

What I need is for everyone to PM me and tell me where they will be driving from so I know who all needs directions and from where. I will PM everyone by next week.

We will start around 10. I will have coffee, water, hot water for tea etc. and soda (diet mostly) If everyone wants to bring something to eat, post what you will be bringing so we don't duplicate too much.
Don't forget your shoebox swap. With 15 of us it will probable take us a while to get everyones cards complete. I would recomend they not be too detailed or it will take too long to get them done. Bring all the supplies to make the card (stamps, ink, cut cardstock) everyone can supply their own adhesive.

Let me know if I forgot anything!

See you all soon,

Jennie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'll bring fruit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #114  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I didn't know that we were up to 15!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 05:09 AM   #115  
Glitter Queen

Hey! We only have one more week!!!

I will bring sour cream chocolate chip muffins.
Carlene is bringing shortbread cookies
Mo is bringing pumpkin roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 12:42 PM   #116  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies,

We are getting close to Saturday. Just want to see if everyone is still coming. PM me if you need directions.Let us know if you will not be able to attend so we know how many to plan for. Post what you will bring for goodies if you are planning on bringing something to share. If everyone comes, you will need 13 cards for your shoebox swap. Remember to have everything needed to make the card except adhesive. Everyone needs to have their own adhesive of choice.

See you all soon,

Jennie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #117  
Glitter Queen

Jennie -

Hi! I can harld wait for next saturday. I have everything ready to go. Well, not everything, I have to make my yummy snack yet.
I was also wondering if I will still need to bring my table/chairs if not everyone comes? I was also wondering if you would like me to come a little early so that I could set up the table and be already to go at 10:00am?

Thanks - Jena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #118  
Matboard Maniac

I am from lansing and would not mind the drive if you have'nt already got together please pm me and let me know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #119  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking I'm still planning on coming....

Already have my 'Build A Card' supplies made. Can I ask that everyone bring scissors?? My card requires a little cutting and I don't have 13 pairs of scissors! LOL
I am bringing homemade salsa and chips.
Jeannie I will be PM'ing you shortly for directions and I have a few questions. Thanks, can't wait to meet everyone, don't forget your cameras girls!! Stamped hugs, Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #120  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Do we need to bring supplies to clean off our stamps? Or will that be provided by the hostess? Just wondering. I can't wait!

The other Dawn (hehehe)
Reply With Quote Likes