Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Splitcoasters in Alabama

Hello Alabama,
Are you there? I moved here one year ago and I have not met one person that stamps....there are no stamp or scrapbook stores in the Birmingham area. I have stamped for 10 years and I am in shock.....who cannot love to stamp....laughing! We have only Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
HELLO anyone??????
Smiles,
Tana:p
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Just ran across your post when once again looking for SCS people in the Tuscaloosa area! I have had the same luck. Can't figure it out. I have lived here for over thirty years and was introduced to SU! by my daughter who lives in Nashville about 4 years ago. I go to events and attend a Stamp Club up there. My SU! demo in Nashville does SU! full-time and is fantastic. I don't think there is anyone around here who can compete - although I have found a few Demos in the Hoover area that have events on the SU! site. If I am going to drive an hour to Hoover I might as well go to Nashville and get to visit with my DD and my granddaughters. Needless to say I spend a lot of time (and money!) in Nashville!! They have a Joann Superstore which is great. Thank goodness for our Hobby Lobby because our Michael's is tiny. The one in Hoover is really nice!! Hope you found some stampers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi just saw your post. I live in Centre Al. about an hour north of Birmingham. I am a stampin up demo and we also have 3 others that are demos that live here. We love to stamp and get together. We are thinking about having a shoebox swap but havent gotten all the details yet. There is a stamp store in Birmingham and as soon as I can think of the name of it will let you know.Just wanted to let you know there are other stampers here in Alabama.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Default Birmingham Stores

Thanks for the info. Sorry you aren't closer. I am aware of two stamp/scrapbook stores in the Birmingham area. The stamp store is Sir Stamps-a-Lot (that may be the one you are thinking about) and there is a scrapbook store in the Patton Creek retail development in Hoover called Scrap Etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Group Leader

My parents just moved to Huntsville...there are two shops up there. I really liked the one called "Once Upon a Scrapbook" I will be travelling back up there to visit in July

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi from Montgomery! I'm not much help. Just wanted to say hi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Tana,

I'm in Birmingham and had the same exact issue when I moved here! What part of Birmingham are you in? I am in Hoover. Anytime you want to stamp let me know!

(I hate that we only have Michaels & Hobby Lobby here too! I moved from here from Ohio and I miss Archivers soooo much! We do have a Scrap etc. in Patton Creek!)

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_n_jeffView Post
My parents just moved to Huntsville...there are two shops up there. I really liked the one called "Once Upon a Scrapbook" I will be travelling back up there to visit in July
HI from N. Huntsville!! I LOVE Once Upon a Scrapbook, but haven't been in there in a while. The other store, "The Rubber Stamp Lady", is going out of business. I got her news letter the other day and was kinda suprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Group Leader

bummer about the "rubber stamp lady" store..... :rolleyes: I am planning a trip up to Huntsville in July, and that was one of my planned stops.....maybe I can get my mom to go by there before they close.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_n_jeffView Post
My friend owns that one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 649 Likes on 368 Posts

Just now came across this thread. I am a stamper, scrapbooker, and make
cards. I have been into this craft for about a year...so fairly new. Loving
it. I live in Florence, AL and am glad to know all you Alabama people are
out there.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi, Benzi,

I just saw this thread as well.

I'm just north of Birmingham, and I'm also fairly new at this craft. It's lots of fun, though!

Have a great day!

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114

My Little Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone! I am in the Tuscaloosa area. I am a new demo for SU. I found SCS about a year ago when I was looking for scrapbooking ideas. Since then I have been hooked! Severely addicted to stamping. My SU upline lives just up the road from me. There are more of us around! Would love to meet more Alabama gals.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #14  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craftea19View Post
Hi everyone! I am in the Tuscaloosa area. I am a new demo for SU. I found SCS about a year ago when I was looking for scrapbooking ideas. Since then I have been hooked! Severely addicted to stamping. My SU upline lives just up the road from me. There are more of us around! Would love to meet more Alabama gals.
My sister, Sprinkles, lives in the Northport area. She is visiting me this week and we are stamping and having a blast. She is very familiar with Sir-Stamps-A-Lot in Birmingham and loves it. I am planning to go with her soon. If anyone is visiting Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, there is a great a scrapbook store in Foley, AL called GIGI's. Sprinkles is going to try to be in touch with you soon.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Hey...I'm here in Birmingham Center Point area and work out in Morris. I am SU demo too and have access to the coolest fellowship hall to stamp in at our church Holler if you need anything or just need stamp time. I have a sil who stamps too and a group of friends that get together and hang out and stamp and scrapbook.

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #16  

Hi, Irishjen..Wish I was closer so I could stamp with you but it is a little far.
I am in the Florence area. Glad to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Yeah that would be a tad bit away lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm unsubscribing cause I don't live in Alabama any more. I'm in Hawaii now. Ya'll have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanaAlabamaView Post
Hello Alabama,
Are you there? I moved here one year ago and I have not met one person that stamps....there are no stamp or scrapbook stores in the Birmingham area. I have stamped for 10 years and I am in shock.....who cannot love to stamp....laughing! We have only Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
HELLO anyone??????
Smiles,
Hi Tana!

I am a SU demonstrator & I live in Moody outside of Birmingham. I have family in Chelsea & in Columbiana as well so I know exactly where you are. Birmingham does have scrapbook stores. We not only have Michaels or Hobby Lobby, but we have a store called Sir Stamps Alot over in Homewood, and also Scraps Etc. which used to be over at Patton Creek by the Galleria, but they have now moved to the Southlake Shopping Center off of Valleydale Road & I-65. There is another scrapbook store that is my favorite and it is called The Scrapbook Princess and it is located in Odenville. That is about 5 miles from where I live, and the owner is always holding crops and different kinds of sales to get us all in there. She has a website & blog and you can access the blog through her website. The website is: www.thescrapbookprincess.com. If you have any questions, just pm me or email and I will get back to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #20  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConsueloView Post
I'm unsubscribing cause I don't live in Alabama any more. I'm in Hawaii now. Ya'll have fun!
I'm sure you are right where we would all like to be especially in this cold weather we are having here in Bama right now. Seven degrees in a couple of nights does sound very good to me. Bbbbrrrrrrrrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Kim from Tuscaloosa here! would love,love to get together with someone and make cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #22  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozziepuddlesView Post
Kim from Tuscaloosa here! would love,love to get together with someone and make cards!
Wish I could get together with you but I live a bit too far away. I only know one person in my area that makes cards. May be more but I don't know them.
Good luck on finding a cardmaking buddy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Default Hi Tana!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanaAlabamaView Post
Hello Alabama,
HELLO anyone??????
Smiles,
Welcome to the south Tana! I am a transplant also. Moved here in 1986! So this is home now. There is one stamp store I know of called
Sir Stamps Alot, in Birmingham. Here is the link: http://sirstampsalotinc.tripod.com/ I am down in the Tuscaloosa area. I haven't been there yet. But plan to go when it warms up with a friend of mine.
If you read through this thread. I think someone was talking about a scrapbook store up there. Our Michaels is dinky compared to yours. I searched for a SU demostrator and found a new friend! I just started selling SU myself. Have you found a SU demo there? If you do they may know of other stamp stores and such. We don't have any other stores except Michaels and HL. What ever happened to good old Art supply stores. You would think with these being college towns we atleast have one of those.
Happy Stamping, and good luck on the store search!:-)

If you get a chance stop by my blog for a visit.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Default Hi Kim!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozziepuddlesView Post
I live in the Tuscaloosa area also. How long have you been stamping? I have a stamp club that meets once a month. We just got started so if you would like to join us sometime you are welcome too. There are six of us at this time. I am meeting new people all the time. This is so much fun! I love meeting new people who share this addiction! Stop by my blog for a visit sometime!

-Pam
Old 01-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Default Hello Benzi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenziView Post
My sister, Sprinkles, lives in the Northport area. She is visiting me this week and we are stamping and having a blast. She is very familiar with Sir-Stamps-A-Lot in Birmingham and loves it. I am planning to go with her soon. If anyone is visiting Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, there is a great a scrapbook store in Foley, AL called GIGI's. Sprinkles is going to try to be in touch with you soon.
Hi Benzi! I am sorry you are so far away! Does your sister go by any other name? I have had someone contact me from SCS's but I don't know if it is her. I will have to remember to ask.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #26  

Craftea, I'm sending you a PM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 06:13 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey I am from Alabama live in the Trussville area..

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #28  

Hey Renee....glad to see you on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #29  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Card Swap

Hi Ladies I live in Centre, Al. Would any of you be interested in a card swap on June 20th. I am having one and I have a building that will hold 40. Would love to have yall come. I have 6 interested so if you would like to come let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes