Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #121  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning, everyone!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh, we were supposed to thinking of ideas already!?!?!? shsheessh!! That's still a month away!! Last minute Suzy that I am, I will cutting paper Friday night!!! Not to worry, all will be well. I work well under pressure!! After the Yolo County Fair, I will start to give the card making some serious thought. Fair is August 19-22.
Another loverly 100' weekend coming our way!
Happy Friday!!
jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #123  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennikView Post
Oh, we were supposed to thinking of ideas already!?!?!? shsheessh!! That's still a month away!! Last minute Suzy that I am, I will cutting paper Friday night!!! Not to worry, all will be well. I work well under pressure!! After the Yolo County Fair, I will start to give the card making some serious thought. Fair is August 19-22.
Another loverly 100' weekend coming our way!
Happy Friday!!
jennik
Hi Jenni, I'll be last minute too. I haven't even picked a holiday yet. LOL! We've been trying to get some responses going here with those we've sent the post too and we are not getting any feedback. Sounds like you will be busy with the fair. By the 22nd I should know definitely how many people are coming, hopefully.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #124  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennikView Post
...Another loverly 100' weekend coming our way!
Yes joy, and of course our a/c is breaking yet again. It hasn't even been a year since it was fixed last time. :twisted: And they can't come to check it out till next thursday. Seriously, every summer something goes wrong with this a/c.

I think tonight we'll go buy one of those room units. Maybe then we can survive till next week. Ugh!!

If we do get a room unit (or two!) I will hook one up in my craftroom and just veg there all weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #125  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
Yes joy, and of course our a/c is breaking yet again. It hasn't even been a year since it was fixed last time. :twisted: And they can't come to check it out till next thursday. Seriously, every summer something goes wrong with this a/c.

I think tonight we'll go buy one of those room units. Maybe then we can survive till next week. Ugh!!

If we do get a room unit (or two!) I will hook one up in my craftroom and just veg there all weekend!
Oh no, Renee. For someone that dislikes the heat so much, this has got to be so frustrating. We have a nice breeze over here in North Highlands although it is warm outside. My husband did tell me it is going to heat up tomorrow and Sunday. We are suppose to join our kids on Sunday to go kayakking. Well, I may just stay home if it is going to be hot. My craft room gets really hot in the summertime, it faces west. I have a ceiling fan going, a tower fan plus the AC going. The heat is not fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #126  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello, my name is Bonnie and I live just above North Highlands and would love to come to this event. If it is okay please sign me up for Halloween and a salad. My SCS is ibeanana. I will need to get your address to send in the money. Thanks for doing this. I have been looking for something close.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #127  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibeanana5View Post
Hello, my name is Bonnie and I live just above North Highlands and would love to come to this event. If it is okay please sign me up for Halloween and a salad. My SCS is ibeanana. I will need to get your address to send in the money. Thanks for doing this. I have been looking for something close.
Hi Bonnie, Thank you for your post. I have signed you up for Halloween and a salad. Your spot will be confirmed upon receipt of your check. I will send a PM to you with my address. We look forward to seeing you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #128  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi All,

Ibeanna has just signed up to join us for our Shoebox Swap on the 29th of August.

Also, I wanted to make note of the fact that I edited my initial post. It states that we have room for 48 with a minimum of 25 signups. For those who have signed up already or thinking about signing up, we will HAVE the swap regardless of how many sign up. It would be nice to have at least 25 sign up to attend. However, if we don't reach that number of signups, we WILL NOT CANCEL the swap.

So, please do not let that minimum number keep you from joining us!! The swap will be held regardless of the number.

Thanks, have a great evening and weekend. I have a busy one. Tomorrow is my husband's 70th birthday so am fixing a dinner, 5 of our 8 children and some of our grandkids will be joining in! It should be fun. My husband is going to go on a bike ride, one mile for every year he has been alive. He plans to ride up to Auburn, I will meet him up there at Sweet Pea's for breakfast and then he will ride back home. He cycles 3 days a week with a club so it should be fine. He is looking forward to it. )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all!!! I live on Oroville, but would love to participate in this event!!! I will do Halloween and bring a yummy dessert! Please sign me up and PM me with the addy so I can get you the payment - how fun, something to look forward to!!! Anyone else from Oroville going?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinalexView Post
Hi all!!! I live on Oroville, but would love to participate in this event!!! I will do Halloween and bring a yummy dessert! Please sign me up and PM me with the addy so I can get you the payment - how fun, something to look forward to!!! Anyone else from Oroville going?
Hi there, thank you for your post. We are excited to have you join us. I will send a PM to you with my address to send your check. Your spot will be confirmed upon receipt of your check. How about bringing a friend so you don't have to drive to Sacramento by yourself? We look forward to seeing you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #131  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinalexView Post
Hi Alex, I love your blog. Every time I click on it I sing in my head, "California, CA-li-for-nia stam-pin, on a winter's day!" Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #132  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu1960View Post
Oh no, Renee. For someone that dislikes the heat so much, this has got to be so frustrating. We have a nice breeze over here in North Highlands although it is warm outside. My husband did tell me it is going to heat up tomorrow and Sunday. We are suppose to join our kids on Sunday to go kayakking. Well, I may just stay home if it is going to be hot. My craft room gets really hot in the summertime, it faces west. I have a ceiling fan going, a tower fan plus the AC going. The heat is not fun!!
Thanks Betty, we have a nice cool breeze here tonight as well. SO not looking forward to the next week though. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get someone else to come look at the a/c. Problem is the parts are still just under the 1-year guarantee with Beutler, so if the condenser-things need to be replaced again they are covered. But if it's something simple I'd love to get it taken care of right away. Ah well, what do you expect here in summertime?

Have a good evening ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Thanks Betty, we have a nice cool breeze here tonight as well. SO not looking forward to the next week though. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get someone else to come look at the a/c. Problem is the parts are still just under the 1-year guarantee with Beutler, so if the condenser-things need to be replaced again they are covered. But if it's something simple I'd love to get it taken care of right away. Ah well, what do you expect here in summertime?

Have a good evening ladies!
Renee, Sorry to hear about your AC!! I'll think "cool" thoughts for you!! It's down right chilly in Vacaville tonight. Fog will be in tonight for sure!! May you get lots of stamping done in your only cooled room!! heehteee!!
jenni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Renee, I really appreciate the nice words!!! Since I just started a new job last month, I have been really struggling to balance my job and crafting time and family time BUT I got to stamp tonight with some of my new SU! goodies and will be excited to share with you tomorrow!!! Can't wait to attend the swap, this sounds really fun - I will see if I can grab a few friends to come with!!

Quote:

Hi Alex, I love your blog. Every time I click on it I sing in my head, "California, CA-li-for-nia stam-pin, on a winter's day!" Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #135  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm about ready to call it a night. Have a busy day tomorrow. I just wanted to say it is so good to see some "chatter" going on here tonight. Hoping others will see your posts and want to join in. Thanks RenT, stampinalex and jennik. See you all soon, can't wait. It will be fun regardless of how many we have come!!

"See" you in the morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #136  
Crimping Master

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to see that we've added a few more swappers..I can't wait!

Tonight was chilly here in Rancho Cordova. I was outside while my son played with some friends and I ended up putting on a sweatshirt and he even asked for a sweatshirt...who would of thought. Crazy Weather!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning, Everyone!

I do believe it got rather cool last night, needed a blanket. There is a little bit of a breeze this morning. Well, it will probably warm up later in the day.

Have a great day/weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #138  
Pearl-ExPert

Its a quiet Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #139  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I hope you've had a great day. I am totally wiped out. We had a birthday dinner for my husband tonight which turned into a party for me too. My birthday is Tuesday the 28th and our California kids surprised me with a birthday cake too and gifts. There was 13 of us for dinner. Everyone had a great time. I need to go put a few things away and then I'm going to bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #140  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!

Stay cool today, it is going to be a HOT one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #141  
Kookie Creator

I could do without the hot weather! Maybe today will be a good day to stay inside and work on my Swap kits.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #142  
Pearl-ExPert

Default whine with the cheese

Well we are still roasting here and are gonna have to buy a whole new AC. The last time it was fixed, apparently they wired the compressor backwards and it burned itself up again. Needless to say we aren't going with that company again, we're getting the new one from a different group. I'm supposed to talk to the owner tomorrow and I am hopeful we can get the system installed SOON!
Yesterday was bearable, we did get one of those room units and set it up downstairs in the living room. It kept the temp right around 77 so I can't complain. Today though it's way hotter in here already and we just started it running. Last night was great with the breeze so upstairs cooled off fairly well, but tonight, well, let's just say it might be hotel night! And I'm shamelessly taking Daughter and her friend to see Harry Potter this afternoon (even though I've seen it once and Daughter has already seen it twice) just 'cause they asked and I thought, boy $7 for two hours of super cold air, heck yeah!:mrgreen:

Anyway, enough complaining, I try to count my blessings in times like this and appreciate how fortunate I really am...

Have a great day ladies, thanks for letting me vent! Hope you get some creating time in somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #143  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Well we are still roasting here and are gonna have to buy a whole new AC. The last time it was fixed, apparently they wired the compressor backwards and it burned itself up again. Needless to say we aren't going with that company again, we're getting the new one from a different group. I'm supposed to talk to the owner tomorrow and I am hopeful we can get the system installed SOON!
Yesterday was bearable, we did get one of those room units and set it up downstairs in the living room. It kept the temp right around 77 so I can't complain. Today though it's way hotter in here already and we just started it running. Last night was great with the breeze so upstairs cooled off fairly well, but tonight, well, let's just say it might be hotel night! And I'm shamelessly taking Daughter and her friend to see Harry Potter this afternoon (even though I've seen it once and Daughter has already seen it twice) just 'cause they asked and I thought, boy $7 for two hours of super cold air, heck yeah!:mrgreen:

Anyway, enough complaining, I try to count my blessings in times like this and appreciate how fortunate I really am...

Have a great day ladies, thanks for letting me vent! Hope you get some creating time in somewhere.
Not having an AC is terrible. My husband use to work in HVAC before he started working for the state and he would tell me horror stories of going into homes where the AC or heater wasn't working and he would sweat just standing there talking to the owner. Crazy! $7 is worth having AC for 2 hours lol. Make sure you stay hydrated in this heat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #144  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candice96View Post
Not having an AC is terrible. My husband use to work in HVAC before he started working for the state and he would tell me horror stories of going into homes where the AC or heater wasn't working and he would sweat just standing there talking to the owner. Crazy! $7 is worth having AC for 2 hours lol. Make sure you stay hydrated in this heat!
It is plenty warm. We were out at Negro Bar with our kids. They all went kayakking. We had picnic tables under a tree and it was fine as long as the breeze was blowing, otherwise it was unbearable. We've been home for an hour and I think I've finally cooled down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #145  
Pearl-ExPert

Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #146  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning! Had to get up early this morning and get my shower. Our mobile home park maintenance is working on the water pipes today and the residents got a notice that the water would be turned off at 8 am. Sure hope it is not all day. Pretty hard to function without water. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It's going to be another warm day too. So stay cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #147  
Crimping Master

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are having a great start to your week. Well, I'm off to take my son to swim lessons and then to VBS (Vacation Bible School) till later this afternoon. Busy Day!

I hope you all have a crafty day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #148  
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in before my husband and I join our kids over at Mardi Gras Lanes for some bowling. This is always a lot of fun, even little Katie at 4 years old, bowls. I don't know, Joyce may have little Emma, 20 months old, try and roll the bowl down. I think this will be Katie's 2nd year of bowling.

We'll have a pizza party at there.

I actually got creative and made a baby card this afternoon. One of the cousins had a baby girl in April and they are going to be there tonight. I finally got something for her and made a card.

Still haven't decided on my card for our swap. I need to get busy on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #150  
Crimping Master

Happy Birthday Betty!! I hope you enjoy your day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #151  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes have a wonderful day Betty!:-D
Today's my anniversary too, so we'll both be celebrating.
(I'll REALLY be celebrating when the new AC gets installed, should be this afternoon!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #152  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candice96View Post
Happy Birthday Betty!! I hope you enjoy your day!
Thank you, Candice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #153  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yes have a wonderful day Betty!:-D
Today's my anniversary too, so we'll both be celebrating.
(I'll REALLY be celebrating when the new AC gets installed, should be this afternoon!)
Hi Renee, Happy Anniversary!! How many years? This is my 67th birthday! An old lady! ) I sure hope the AC comes and works like it should!! See you soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

I thought I would mention. I am getting hit or miss on receiving email notices of new posts on our thread. I got your post, Candice. I didn't get Renee. Saw it when I checked here a few minutes ago. I'm logged in so that shouldn't be a problem. Very strange.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #155  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning, Ladies!

Well, the birthday celebrating is over for another year. With both of our birthdays just days of each other, I'm exhausted when its finally passed. Yesterday was a good day. Now I need to get busy and get some creating done. Have several birthdays of family and friends coming up that I need to get cards made for.

I've got my laundry going already. What have you got planned for the day? Whatever it is, have a great day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #156  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu1960View Post
Hi Renee, Happy Anniversary!! How many years? This is my 67th birthday! An old lady! ) I sure hope the AC comes and works like it should!! See you soon!!
Thanks Betty yesterday it was 19 years!
And as a super anniversary present I got a new AC, heheh.
We went out to eat at Jamie's in Sac -- a little place, really great steak sandwich. We saw it on Guy Fieri's show on food network. So that was fun, then we spent the night at the b&b where we got married! Now it's called Vizcaya but in 1990 it was the Driver Mansion Inn. It's on 21st around T & U streets in Sac. We got to stay in the big suite on top where we spent our wedding night.
In the back garden, the big old oak tree we got married under isn't there any more, so that was kinda sad, but otherwise it's remarkably unchanged. Fun getaway in the middle of the week (Husband is off on Wednesdays).

Anyway our new ac is in and is working so far so good! AC is one of my very favorite inventions EVER!!

Happy stamping ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #157  
Pearl-ExPert

How fun!! I remember the Drivers Mansion. Very nice place as I recall. A few years ago Gerry and I stopped and had dinner at a restaurant where we had dinner on our wedding night heading up to Tahoe. It was an anniversary as I recall. The place has changed alot, however it was still fun to be there again. Glad to hear the AC is working good. It seems like it is a little cooler today. I haven't turned ours on yet and its 2:30pm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #158  
Crimping Master

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to see lots of postings the past few weeks and can't wait to meet everyone.

There has been some concern about the cost of the swap and the number of participants, door prizes, etc.

I wanted to explain a few things to hopefully clear up any confusion. The cost of the swap helps with 1-2 things, the cost of the venue and the door prizes. This particular swap the venue does charge a very small fee and will have quality door prizes for all of the different categories, meaning not everyone will walk away with a door prize. Each hostess has the right to decide how they want to handle the door prizes.

Looking at other swaps from all over the country, the cost is very minimal then what alot of them charge and we try to keep the cost at $10 and lower.

As far as the number of participants, as much as we would love to have a swap of 30-40 people, we know that it may or may not happen, so when someone hosts a large swap, we shoot for the stars and see what we come up with. Regardless, it is up to the hostess if she wants to keep the scheduled swap based on the number of participants. Betty and I have both agreed that for this particular swap, it will go on regardless of the number of participants. Even if there are only 5, we can still network, bounce ideas off of each other and build friendships, that is what is great about swaps.

If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me either via SCS or email me at [email protected] I am more then happy to discuss things (that is what I am here for) :mrgreen:

Candice
SASS Cordinator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #159  
Pearl-ExPert

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #160  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone, I just realized I hadn't checked in today. And the day is half over. Too many distractions. I've been trying to get over to my craft table all morning and keep getting sidetracked.

Hope you are having a good day and able to be creative.
Reply With Quote Likes